ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

BigMeatballDave 12-17-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9216555)
Here's how the real NFL works when it comes to GMs, Coaches, Assistants, Coordinators and the personnel men, scouts: November and December are hustle months meaning they are getting their name on the street and talking with guys affiliated with teams. It's been so widespread for so long, its par for the course. For example, a scout looking to move up will reach out to teams in mid November in hopes of getting a gig right at the end of a season. These are guys looking to move up or find security because they know a change in "leadership" is forthcoming.

So how does Pioli get lumped into this?

Let's triple flashback to the day LaCanfora reported that Pioli had a new extension. Turns out it was never signed but damage was done.

Let's double flashback to Pioli's interview tour. It was done without Clark's blessing. It was done to make Scott seem to be personable, dedicated and focused. All traits that a new employer wants to see during the time of "crisis". Face it, this season has been a massive crisis. Scott wants to demonstrate he can handle himself. So he did what he thought was a good thing.

Clark was pissed. He was in Chicago having a conversation with a well-to-do ex Chiefs coach who has enjoyed a storied head coaching career in a town that rhymes with Hittsburg and is now on TV.

Clark returns to KC, strips Pioli of all GM power. Silences him. Crennel is given control over the roster. Out goes Rhoutt.

Let's flashback to November 10. Reports surfaced that Schottenheimer was at 1 Arrowhead to meet Clark Hunt, who flew in his private jet and landed downtown that morning. Clark was in KC. Pioli wasn't. A Chiefs employee called a national sports radio show to report this. The Chiefs went into full damage control.

Where was Scott? In Providence. The picture we tweeted out was taken on November 11 at a hotel in Providence. During this time, he met with representatives from the Titans to discuss a potential role with the team with player personnel. Pioli has circulated his name to a few teams, including the Patriots. The picture was taken around the lunch hour. The Boston College/Notre Dame was an 8pm kickoff that night. Doesn't matter if Scott is employed with us or not, he's going to scout players so he knows whats going on in case another team falls for his shit again.

Pioli flys to Pittsburgh for the MNF game.

Clark Hunt flys to Pittsburgh for the game. Stays behind and has breakfast with one of the ESPN announcers who did the game the night before. Chuck is his name, I think.

Then comes the really odd thing: After the Bengals game, Clark and Scott had a long meeting at Arrowhead. I got a text that night saying both were still in the stadium past 7pm. I didn't think anything of it. Then I get a message from a well placed source that Scott took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, arriving back into town the night before the Broncos game. Sorry, but NFL GMs don't take that kind of time off during the season.

This week Scott was in Dallas to meet with Clark. This is the kiss of death. No different than when Carl was let go. Flying commercial to Dallas mid-week in December when there is no league business meetings scheduled, no college games to scout or anything else is a tell-tale sign.

Notice that TV cameras have not shown Scott in the last 2 weeks? Or mentioned his name? Remember when CBS started talking about the blackout in the 4th quarter after word broke via Twitter that stadium security was confiscating our FIRE PIOLI signs and kicking people out of Arrowhead? Nothing in the NFL is done in the NFL by a whim. Nothing.

So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick.

BTW, I am hearing the only reason that Clark refuses to make an in-season change now is that he doesn't want the players to get excited or pumped up for the new guy. Ray Farmer was slated to be the interim GM if Clark ever pulled the trigger. Clark really wants to give that new GM and Coach a #1 pick and let them decide to take a QB, trade down or do whatever.

It is important to end this post with one simple statement: In the NFL the real moves occur ahead of the announced moves. Call it a game of shadows if you will. Some of the well placed media guys have an understanding not to report on certain things. Me, I could give a shit less. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a card-carrying member of the media.

PBJ

Saccopoo 12-17-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9216960)
I'm not sure there is an absolute can't miss coaching hire out there.

I'd love Cowher, or Gruden, or Chip Kelly, or David Shaw.

Honestly I'd accept anyone at this point. I sure I can basically say without any hesitation that we currently have the worst coaching staff in place in the NFL, as well as the worst environment in the league.

What Brian Kelly did at Cincinatti and this year with Notre Dame is nothing short of amazing.

Notre Dame really doesn't have a lot of talent on that team compared to years past, but here they are in the NC game. He's gotten a metric shit ton out of his players everywhere he's been.

That's my guy for HC.

Dick Bumpus for DC.

Titty Meat 12-17-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9217088)
What Brian Kelly did at Cincinatti and this year with Notre Dame is nothing short of amazing.

Notre Dame really doesn't have a lot of talent on that team compared to years past, but here they are in the NC game. He's gotten a metric shit ton out of his players everywhere he's been.

That's my guy for HC.

Dick Bumpus for DC.

He's never coached in the NFL. No thanks.

AussieChiefsFan 12-17-2012 02:05 AM

So, what to do over the next week or at the game this sunday....?

Hammock Parties 12-17-2012 02:20 AM

Say prayers that Andrew Luck isn't injured.

That's the only thing that's gonna win us a game at this point. If Drew Stanton goes in, all bets are off.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2012 04:10 AM

hey loser

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...d.SlMa.81.jpeg

Chiefs=Champions 12-17-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9217259)
Say prayers that Andrew Luck isn't injured.

That's the only thing that's gonna win us a game at this point. If Drew Stanton goes in, all bets are off.

Stanton >>>>>> Any Chiefs Qb..

Chiefs=Champions 12-17-2012 04:13 AM

I'm more worried about the Broncos potentially resting players. I think that's the only way we lose the number one pick.

Hammock Parties 12-17-2012 04:14 AM

yo, you got any jobs open?

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...m.SlMa.81.jpeg

RunKC 12-17-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Here's how the real NFL works when it comes to GMs, Coaches, Assistants, Coordinators and the personnel men, scouts: November and December are hustle months meaning they are getting their name on the street and talking with guys affiliated with teams. It's been so widespread for so long, its par for the course. For example, a scout looking to move up will reach out to teams in mid November in hopes of getting a gig right at the end of a season. These are guys looking to move up or find security because they know a change in "leadership" is forthcoming.

Let's triple flashback to the day LaCanfora reported that Pioli had a new extension. Turns out it was never signed but damage was done.

Let's double flashback to Pioli's interview tour. It was done without Clark's blessing. It was done to make Scott seem to be personable, dedicated and focused. All traits that a new employer wants to see during the time of "crisis". Face it, this season has been a massive crisis. Scott wants to demonstrate he can handle himself. So he did what he thought was a good thing.

Clark was pissed. He was in Chicago having a conversation with a well-to-do ex Chiefs coach who has enjoyed a storied head coaching career in a town that rhymes with Hittsburg and is now on TV.

Clark returns to KC, strips Pioli of all GM power. Silences him. Crennel is given control over the roster. Out goes Rhoutt.

Let's flashback to November 10. Reports surfaced that Schottenheimer was at 1 Arrowhead to meet Clark Hunt, who flew in his private jet and landed downtown that morning. Clark was in KC. Pioli wasn't. A Chiefs employee called a national sports radio show to report this. The Chiefs went into full damage control.

Where was Scott? In Providence. The picture we tweeted out was taken on November 11 at a hotel in Providence. During this time, he met with representatives from the Titans to discuss a potential role with the team with player personnel. Pioli has circulated his name to a few teams, including the Patriots. The picture was taken around the lunch hour. The Boston College/Notre Dame was an 8pm kickoff that night. Doesn't matter if Scott is employed with us or not, he's going to scout players so he knows whats going on in case another team falls for his shit again.

Clark Hunt flys to Pittsburgh for the game. Stays behind and has breakfast with one of the ESPN announcers who did the game the night before. Chuck is his name, I think.

Then comes the really odd thing: After the Bengals game, Clark and Scott had a long meeting at Arrowhead. I got a text that night saying both were still in the stadium past 7pm. I didn't think anything of it. Then I get a message from a well placed source that Scott took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, arriving back into town the night before the Broncos game. Sorry, but NFL GMs don't take that kind of time off during the season.

This week Scott was in Dallas to meet with Clark. This is the kiss of death. No different than when Carl was let go. Flying commercial to Dallas mid-week in December when there is no league business meetings scheduled, no college games to scout or anything else is a tell-tale sign.

Notice that TV cameras have not shown Scott in the last 2 weeks? Or mentioned his name? Remember when CBS started talking about the blackout in the 4th quarter after word broke via Twitter that stadium security was confiscating our FIRE PIOLI signs and kicking people out of Arrowhead? Nothing in the NFL is done in the NFL by a whim. Nothing.

So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick.

BTW, I am hearing the only reason that Clark refuses to make an in-season change now is that he doesn't want the players to get excited or pumped up for the new guy. Ray Farmer was slated to be the interim GM if Clark ever pulled the trigger. Clark really wants to give that new GM and Coach a #1 pick and let them decide to take a QB, trade down or do whatever.

It is important to end this post with one simple statement: In the NFL the real moves occur ahead of the announced moves. Call it a game of shadows if you will. Some of the well placed media guys have an understanding not to report on certain things. Me, I could give a shit less. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a card-carrying member of the media.

I really hope Clark is planning on getting rid of both Pioli/Crennel and not just Crennel.

It's a legitimate fear unfortunately.

AussieChiefsFan 12-17-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9217350)
I really hope Clark is planning on getting rid of both Pioli/Crennel and not just Crennel.

The backlash by fans would be monumental.

mdchiefsfan 12-17-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9217350)

I don't get how, from the text you quoted, you deduced that Crennel is the only one being fired and this fear arose that Pioli wasn't in the cross-hairs.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-17-2012 06:11 AM

Scott, two things. (1) what are you pointing at and (2) what is your right hand getting ready to do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9217336)

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-17-2012 06:11 AM

love the scowl on Pioli's face. He must be defending his position and performance. :)

Hammock Parties 12-17-2012 06:13 AM

That's Al Saunders, I think. Might be an interesting convo if they're talking KC.

pr_capone 12-17-2012 07:10 AM

updated op

Mr. Flopnuts 12-17-2012 07:34 AM

This shit with SportzNutz is unacceptable. This should have never been an issue, and the fact is, we should boycott them if they don't follow through. In fact, we ought to get in contact with some of those media outlet contacts we've made and see if they're interested in talking about it as a last case scenario. SOC helped them make a bunch of money, and IIRC they offered the 10% kickback, it's not like it was actively pursued.

pr_capone 12-17-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9217417)
This shit with SportzNutz is unacceptable. This should have never been an issue, and the fact is, we should boycott them if they don't follow through. In fact, we ought to get in contact with some of those media outlet contacts we've made and see if they're interested in talking about it as a last case scenario. SOC helped them make a bunch of money, and IIRC they offered the 10% kickback, it's not like it was actively pursued.

no need to shake angry fists yet. still being worked on but I post it because people need to understand why there may be a large amount left over and why we can only afford to fly one plane. this is a big reason why I waited so long to start the banner voting.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-17-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9217430)
no need to shake angry fists yet. still being worked on but I post it because people need to understand why there may be a large amount left over and why we can only afford to fly one plane. this is a big reason why I waited so long to start the banner voting.

:thumb: Totally understand. Say the word and those ****ers will have 242 calls in their queue if you're picking up what I'm laying down. :D

Mr. Arrowhead 12-17-2012 08:25 AM

thanks Marty for the awesome news!!!

DeezNutz 12-17-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Epic post.

ChiefMojo 12-17-2012 09:38 AM

Sweet baby Jesus that was soothing to my eyes to read!!! :-)

htismaqe 12-17-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

THIS is why people need to be patient.

Clark isn't stupid. He's doing Romeo a solid, which is admirable, and he's being prudent and letting this season play out to its inevitable conclusion.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9217355)
I don't get how, from the text you quoted, you deduced that Crennel is the only one being fired and this fear arose that Pioli wasn't in the cross-hairs.

Actually, the way I read it, PIOLI is the only one being FIRED.

Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, with his dignity intact.

As much as I hate RAC as a coach, if Clark is really playing it this way, I have mucho admiration for him...

mdchiefsfan 12-17-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9217671)

Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, with his dignity intact.

As much as I hate RAC as a coach, if Clark is really playing it this way, I have mucho admiration for him...

Oh same here. I really like that way of doing things, it would speak volumes about Clark as a person. I just didn't understand how he didn't extract that Pioli is the main culprit in that post.

patteeu 12-17-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9217671)

It's a kind gesture from Clark Hunt and it would be a graceful exit on Romeo's own terms, but the output on the field this year makes it impossible for him to exit with his dignity intact.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9217736)
It's a kind gesture from Clark Hunt and it would be a graceful exit on Romeo's own terms, but the output on the field this year makes it impossible for him to exit with his dignity intact.

Yeah, probably not the best wording on my part.

I probably should have said "Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, preserving what's left of his dignity.

mdchiefsfan 12-17-2012 10:36 AM

Maybe Clark is keeping him to tank for the first. After yesterday's game you kind of have to wonder if Crennel knows that Clark wants the 1st overall.

Buehler445 12-17-2012 10:50 AM

I read Marty's post.

Then I came.

patteeu 12-17-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9217750)
Yeah, probably not the best wording on my part.

I probably should have said "Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, preserving what's left of his dignity.

I can go with that.

ILChief 12-17-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9217766)
Maybe Clark is keeping him to tank for the first. After yesterday's game you kind of have to wonder if Crennel knows that Clark wants the 1st overall.

If that was the case then surely we would draft a QB. You don't tank for a d tackle or Linebacker

htismaqe 12-17-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9217825)
If that was the case then surely we would draft a QB. You don't tank for a d tackle or Linebacker

This.

Dave Lane 12-17-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9217793)
I read Marty's post.

Then I came.

x2

If there was a god I'd thank him. ;)

Since the Belcher incident I've extremely nervous this would be the excuse to keep Pioli and not make a move. Arrowhead would absolutely be a ghost town next year with no new QB to rally around and Pioli and RAC still here.

Chief Roundup 12-17-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

After reading this stuff. One word comes to mind in describing Clark through this. Professionalism.

Red Beans 12-17-2012 11:11 AM

Marty's post, man, well, I don't know what to say. However, I do have to track down some clean underwear.

Deberg_1990 12-17-2012 11:21 AM

My Pants are blazing for you Marty Mac!

ChiefsCountry 12-17-2012 11:49 AM

You have to think this has been brewing for awhile, especially after the offseason when the quarterback Clark wanted didn't even want to stop in for a visit and no big name coach even wanted to listen to us.

-King- 12-17-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9218006)
You have to think this has been brewing for awhile, especially after the offseason when the quarterback Clark wanted didn't even want to stop in for a visit and no big name coach even wanted to listen to us.

Yep. Seeing Manning succeed is probably pissing Clark off right now. I'm 100% sure that Pioli is the reason Manning didn't want to visit and hes the one who convinced Clark we would be fine sticking with Matt instead of letting Manning come and put in his system.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat 12-17-2012 01:18 PM

Mention of SOC...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T5NYZYfSlTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mother****erJones 12-17-2012 01:48 PM

@saveourchiefs via twitter
Interesting news in KC: player interviews moved ahead of Romeo Crennel 2day. Something is up as this maneuver doesn't always happen on a Mon

Titty Meat 12-17-2012 02:07 PM

Rac is speaking now so...

Chiefs316 12-17-2012 02:29 PM

I am constantly looking at this forum today awaiting the wicked witch "Pioli" is gone thread. WTF is the hold up? Get this guy gone already.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs316 (Post 9218487)
I am constantly looking at this forum today awaiting the wicked witch "Pioli" is gone thread. WTF is the hold up? Get this guy gone already.

Be ****ing patient. He'll be gone Week 17.

Mother****erJones 12-17-2012 02:56 PM

Now laconfora is saying polian is the lead candidate if pioli's fired

RunKC 12-17-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9218613)

Did he tweet this? Say it on radio?

htismaqe 12-17-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

If they get the right coach and the right QB, it won't really matter all that much.

1ChiefsDan 12-17-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

I just can't believe Clark will go from one giant, secretive, fan alienating douche to another. Clark has to be looking at other candidates.

mcaj22 12-17-2012 03:15 PM

please god no Polian. we will be doomed for like 5+ years. (like we arent already)

patteeu 12-17-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9218687)
please god no Polian. we will be doomed for like 5+ years. (like we arent already)

You get your choice, Pioli or Polian. Who do you take?

O.city 12-17-2012 03:18 PM

So you think it will take more than 5 years to get a consistent winner in KC?

htismaqe 12-17-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9218693)
So you think it will take more than 5 years to get a consistent winner in KC?

I believe mcaj22 has gone of the deep end and now believes that KC is doomed for all of eternity, no matter who they hire.

mdchiefsfan 12-17-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9217825)

It was said in Marty's post that Clark wanted the first overall for the next regime to do with as they please. Just have to hope the next regime believes that drafting and developing a franchise qb is priority one.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2012 03:26 PM

Marty dropping the hammer down.

From what I was told last night, as long as Pioli is really fired in 2 weeks the first call is going to be made to Cowher. Ironically enough, Wisenhut will be there for Bill to scoop up as OC if he wants back in. He'll have full control and a gm will be hired by Clark and Chin.

If Cowher doesn't want back in, Polian could be in play, but I'm told Clark will be leery of him due to his age. They really want someone that's here a long time. He could pass off to Chris but Chris doesn't have the most glowing rep.

I still can't get full confirmation that Pioli is gone, but Marty has solid sources so I trust him.

mdchiefsfan 12-17-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9218691)
You get your choice, Pioli or Polian. Who do you take?

Polian knows what to do with the 1st overall pick.

Mother****erJones 12-17-2012 03:28 PM

He said it online in a blog look at AP

The Bad Guy 12-17-2012 03:29 PM

If the choice was Pioli or water torture id take water torture.

Mother****erJones 12-17-2012 03:30 PM

Can't wait!! Cowher IMO has been done it would be cool to see him in kc

O.city 12-17-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9218725)
Marty dropping the hammer down.

From what I was told last night, as long as Pioli is really fired in 2 weeks the first call is going to be made to Cowher. Ironically enough, Wisenhut will be there for Bill to scoop up as OC if he wants back in. He'll have full control and a gm will be hired by Clark and Chin.

If Cowher doesn't want back in, Polian could be in play, but I'm told Clark will be leery of him due to his age. They really want someone that's here a long time. He could pass off to Chris but Chris doesn't have the most glowing rep.

I still can't get full confirmation that Pioli is gone, but Marty has solid sources so I trust him.

Who are they looking at to be the DC?

So Clark and Cowher will determine the GM? Wonder who they will go after?

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9218731)
He said it online in a blog look at AP

LaConfora has zero credibility with anything that has to do with Chiefs

The Bad Guy 12-17-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9218746)

That's if Cowher wants back in. He may not.

But he'd have full control here.

DC? No idea but it'd be a 3-4 guy.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9218721)
It was said in Marty's post that Clark wanted the first overall for the next regime to do with as they please. Just have to hope the next regime believes that drafting and developing a franchise qb is priority one.

All the more reason to start flying "draft a QB" banners immediately.

O.city 12-17-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9218768)
That's if Cowher wants back in. He may not.

But he'd have full control here.

DC? No idea but it'd be a 3-4 guy.

What do you guys think of giving him full control? Not sure I like that alot.

Does Clark not knowby now whether he wants back in or not? Marty said they had a meeting, I'd think he would know by now.

philfree 12-17-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9218746)

Ron Revera if he gets fired?

O.city 12-17-2012 03:44 PM

I really really wish Rex would get fired.

Cowher as HC
Wiz as OC
Rex as DC

???

Dayze 12-17-2012 03:45 PM

hire whoever has the most AR-15s.

Mother****erJones 12-17-2012 03:49 PM

Polian in a New York minute because he's got an actual résumé pioli on the other hand was a fraud and proved to not have much to do with new england

Manila-Chief 12-17-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9216704)
He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.

THIS!!!! Fully agree that it is "Good stuff."

It explains a lot of things. I think Clark was going to fire them, but the tragedy threw a monkey wrench into the plans. It is a great thing for Clark to take his time and handle the situation as a professional.

I, also, agree if this stuff is correct, Clark is a great owner.

Thanks Marty for the info. I'm still uneasy, but this info makes the hope a lot brighter!!! Logically, don't see how any of them can keep their jobs, but the Chiefs have done illogical things before.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9218780)
Ron Revera if he gets fired?

Word is he won't.

The Bad Guy 12-17-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9218778)
What do you guys think of giving him full control? Not sure I like that alot.

Does Clark not knowby now whether he wants back in or not? Marty said they had a meeting, I'd think he would know by now.

To be honest, I don't care what power he has. He'll have someone in the FO to challenge opinions.

Mother****erJones 12-17-2012 03:52 PM

My bad Jason laconfora said it on CBS radio that he believes polian will be the new GM if/when pioli is fired

Dayze 12-17-2012 03:53 PM

sell Sean Peyton that Dallas aint' nothing but a bunch of losers...just like us.
Our uniforms are better. Our owners wife is hotter.

back up the truck for Peyton. won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Polian as GM
Peyton as HC
Foot Licker at DC

Easy 6 12-17-2012 03:54 PM

And !KABOOM! goes the Marty Mac post, our looong nightmare is over...

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

O.city 12-17-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9218802)
To be honest, I don't care what power he has. He'll have someone in the FO to challenge opinions.

Yeah, i'm really not interested in another dictatorship full of yes men.

soopamanluva 12-17-2012 03:58 PM

If pioli is gone, why not just let him go now?

Rasputin 12-17-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

I guarantee no I guarandamntee that Geno Smith stock will rise after the combine. His value at QB is too great + that is what sells tickets.

Manila-Chief 12-17-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9218687)

I have a major concern with his age (I'm probably older than he is) ... but, IIRC he has built SB teams in Buffalo & Indy & in the Canadian Football League, where he assembled Grey Cup winning teams with the Montreal Alouettes and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I kinda like the guy at SF.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-17-2012 04:05 PM

I think it's important that we get a HC and people around him that are known for coaching QBs. And we better draft a QB #1 overall.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9218831)
If pioli is gone, why not just let him go now?

Did you read Marty's post?

It makes no sense to fire him now when there's only 2 weeks left. Seriously, BE PATIENT.

dirk digler 12-17-2012 04:18 PM

Thanks for the good info Marty and TBG. I am just really skeptical and I really don't trust Clark all that much.

And if his first choice is Cowher than he is just making the same mistake again unfortunately for us.

007 12-17-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9218873)
Did you read Marty's post?

It makes no sense to fire him now when there's only 2 weeks left. Seriously, BE PATIENT.

He can announce that Pioli will be stepping down at the end of the season though. Like he did with Carl. It would create quite a buzz in Chiefs nation for the final home game.