ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Dee Ford Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283510)

OnTheWarpath15 05-09-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10615937)
I think we'll target a QB in round 4.

Waste of a ****ing pick.

If you're not going to take a guy in the 1st or early 2nd, don't ****ing bother - especially when we only have 5 more picks to work with.

We just spent #23 on a pretty substantial risk, no sense in spending a late pick on a one-in-a-million shot.

kcxiv 05-09-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10615908)
Perhaps, but it won't be Alex Smiths fault.

What was the biggest problem the Chiefs had in the playoffs and latter half of the season? Defense. Was it a coincidence they decided to go with an impact defensive position?
Posted via Mobile Device

People can see why they did it, but it all goes back to the fans wanting a qb of their own finally, so every single draft until they do it, its going to be the same.

You cannot blame fans for wanting their own freshly drafted qb, not someone from another team that got replaced or there is someone that was better then them there.

TheNoob 05-09-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10615949)
People can see why they did it, but it all goes back to the fans wanting a qb of their own finally, so every single draft until they do it, its going to be the same.

You cannot blame fans for wanting their own freshly drafted qb, not someone from another team that got replaced or there is someone that was better then them there.

We did his name is Brodie Croyle LOLOLOL

Mother****erJones 05-09-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Exactly! I'm not a debbie downer or anything I just, for once, would like to see us draft a first round QB.

TheNoob 05-09-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10615946)
Waste of a ****ing pick.

If you're not going to take a guy in the 1st or early 2nd, don't ****ing bother - especially when we only have 5 more picks to work with.

We just spent #23 on a pretty substantial risk, no sense in spending a late pick on a one-in-a-million shot.

True but you guys wanted a qb that wont start this year and is not guranteed to be any good lol

The Bad Guy 05-09-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Waste of a ****ing pick.

I think QBs can also be had in the 3rd round.

Deberg_1990 05-09-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Yea I understand that. I want to win games though too. Not a fan of just drafting a QB, just because. Or any position for that matter. right time, right place, right player.

For whatever reason, the Chiefs have had poor timing when they tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 05-09-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10615906)
I remember when people said Matt Cassel could win playoff games here.

Or Trent Green.

Or Grbac. Gannon. Steve mother****ing Bono.

Take your pick.

Whats the relevance of this post to this discussion?

TheNoob 05-09-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10615958)
Exactly! I'm not a debbie downer or anything I just, for once, would like to see us draft a first round QB.

You still havent answered why?? We have a pretty good qb right now! I would be in total agreement with you if we had poor qb play last year. But the qb we had wasnt to bad in 2nd half and also was 100x better than cassel was in 2010 playoff game lol

The Franchise 05-09-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10615961)
I think QBs can also be had in the 3rd round.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them take one today.

saphojunkie 05-09-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Waste of a ****ing pick.

A THIRD ROUND QUARTERBACK WON THE ****ING SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR PUT DOWN YOUR reerun JUICE YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Mother****erJones 05-09-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNoob (Post 10615964)
You still havent answered why?? We have a pretty good qb right now! I would be in total agreement with you if we had poor qb play last year. But the qb we had wasnt to bad in 2nd half and also was 100x better than cassel was in 2010 playoff game lol

Because 81% of drafted QBs win Super Bowls. Were trying to be the other 19%. Ya technically smith was drafted by the 49ers but I'm talking about wanting our own drafted guy not someone else's. Like always we do.

Deberg_1990 05-09-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10615966)
Wouldn't be surprised to see them take one today.

Maybe.....but it wouldn't shock me if they drafted no QBs either. Even if they do, he's basically just going to replace Bray. Does that gain them anything this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee 05-09-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10615906)
I remember when people said Matt Cassel could win playoff games here.

Or Trent Green.

Or Grbac. Gannon. Steve mother****ing Bono.

Take your pick.

Only Trent, and he could have if the D could've made the Colts punt just ONCE.

Nobody of note was of a mind that Cassel or Bono was anything short of a dumpster fire, and Bono still could've won playoff games if Marty ran Marcus in the freezing cold or Lin Eliot wasn't a dumpster fire as well. Gannon did go to a SB, just not here. Grbac had the talent, but not the temperament or the support of the town.

Marcellus 05-09-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10615973)
Because 81% of drafted QBs win Super Bowls. Were trying to be the other 19%. Ya technically smith was drafted by the 49ers but I'm talking about wanting our own drafted guy not someone else's. Like always we do.

81% of drafted QB's win the SB? Have there been around 1,000 SB's I missed?