ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Bob Dole is officially old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269356)

Mr. Kotter 01-28-2013 03:02 PM

Damn, that stinks Bob. Our insurance won't cover it until you are 50, but I'll be getting it very shortly after....family history. Well, I hope they get it under control for you, and vaccinated as soon as you can. Good luck, sir.

GloryDayz 11-19-2019 05:43 PM

Bumping. Got my first (of two) shingles shot today. Let's hope this works and I never go through what I've seen others go through... I get the second in two months. Oh joy!

tx4chiefs 11-19-2019 06:03 PM

Give a few weeks to heal and then get the vaccine. Now that you've had them you risk it over again. Not sure it's fun enough to do more than once!

Go Chiefs.

MahiMike 11-19-2019 06:08 PM

Does that stuff really exist? I figured it was just another scam by the drug companies.

Easy 6 11-19-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14609435)
Does that stuff really exist? I figured it was just another scam by the drug companies.

I had it on the right side of my head in 2011, by the time I went to the doctor the head nurse freaked out at how disfigured I was and ended up getting morphine shots every time I asked for one... probably 6-7

It got so bad and far into my right eye they were scared I’d get encephalitis of the brain and/or completely lose sight in that eye... missed an entire month of work, and still have nerve pains on that side of my head that the doc said might never go away

Oh yeah, it’s amazingly real

PHOG 11-19-2019 06:21 PM

Both Mom and Dad had it, and it is as bad as you've heard. I got the old vaccine, Zostervax or something like that, and now the new stuff, Shingrix, is on back order. But its supposed to be better.

GloryDayz 11-19-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx4chiefs (Post 14609425)
Give a few weeks to heal and then get the vaccine. Now that you've had them you risk it over again. Not sure it's fun enough to do more than once!

Go Chiefs.

I don't have it, I'm prying to prevent getting it.

GloryDayz 11-19-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14609435)

Well they shot something in my arm. Might have been Drano...

GloryDayz 11-19-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 14609457)
Both Mom and Dad had it, and it is as bad as you've heard. I got the old vaccine, Zostervax or something like that, and now the new stuff, Shingrix, is on back order. But its supposed to be better.

Yeah, I got the latter vaccine, and it's done in 2 shots, 2 months apart. Doc says it's something like 97% effective, so I'm all-in because of what I've seen others go through.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-19-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOG (Post 14609457)

Far more effective, but about 15% of patients will experience malaise and/or mild flu-like symptoms after receiving the shot.

It's a two shot series. Second shot is given 2-6 months after the first.

GloryDayz 11-21-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14609611)
Far more effective, but about 15% of patients will experience malaise and/or mild flu-like symptoms after receiving the shot.

It's a two shot series. Second shot is given 2-6 months after the first.

End of day two, still have a slight red rash where the shot was administered (about twice the size of a quarter), had a slight headache last night and today, and the arm is still a bit sore. Nothing compared to what having the shingles go through. Not even a bit as close.

Oh, and this is NOTHING compared to the gamma globulin shots the Navy used to love to pump into us. Those ****ers! LMAO

Otter 11-22-2019 08:50 AM

My buddies wife is a nurse and during a conversation she said about the only thing she fears more than shingles is cancer. She's shared horror stories with us. When I hit the big 50 I think I'll be getting immunized for my birthday present.

ptlyon 11-22-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14613275)
My buddies wife is a nurse and during a conversation she said about the only thing she fears more than shingles is cancer. She's shared horror stories with us. When I hit the big 50 I think I'll be getting immunized for my birthday present.

:hmmm: (about to turn 50)

bevischief 11-22-2019 09:06 AM

Thanks assho÷!#s stop giving the doctor's shot ideas to try and give me today.

GloryDayz 11-22-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14613275)

That's why I did it. Couple that with some Google searches (to verify the horror), and I was telling my Doc that it's gonna happen.