ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Christian Hackenberg (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299430)

Mr_Tomahawk 04-19-2016 10:33 AM

Christian Hackenberg

Just starting this as there isn't a repository thread for him yet...

I am not for or against him. I am all over the place on him, kind of like his accuracy. :zing:

Gruden says he will be shocked if he doesn't go in the 1st round. I think Gruden is going to be shocked...

Talk amongst yourselves.

Xoxo

staylor26 04-19-2016 10:34 AM

Quit bluffing. You have a hard on for every QB with zero accuracy and a big arm, don't you?

:D

Mr_Tomahawk 04-19-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12185352)
Quit bluffing. You have a hard on for every QB with zero accuracy and a big arm, don't you?

:D

Why Not? 04-19-2016 10:49 AM

Gruden thinks every QB is a first rounder

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2016 10:52 AM

Gruden constantly panders to the audience. There's no way that he can truly believe that Hackenberg is 1st round talent and if he does, there's a reason why he's no longer in the league.

With Hackenberg's accuracy issues, I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him until the 6th round.

Garcia Bronco 04-19-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12185378)
Gruden constantly panders to the audience. There's no way that he can truly believe that Hackenberg is 1st round talent and if he does, there's a reason why he's no longer in the league.

With Hackenberg's accuracy issues, I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him until the 6th round.

then you would have gotten steal.

Hackenberg...like John Dorsey...and like me is a FUMA man. We succeed.

Mr. Laz 04-19-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12185370)
Gruden thinks every QB is a first rounder

this

He wants the draftees to be his friend and do interviews.

Every QB is a stud

PhillyChiefFan 04-19-2016 11:13 AM

I'm a PSU fan and have watched him since his freshman year. The kid can throw a perfect 30 yard pass and hit the receiver right btw the numbers and then throw 6 feet behind a TE on a drag route 2 plays later. You can say the PSU's line was terrible (which it was), but some of the head scratching throws I've seen him make were in a perfectly good pockets.

His decision making is questionable also. He'd go through his progressions and miss an open receiver (or 1 on 1 coverage) in favor of checking down to a double covered TE or a RB in the flat who would get SMEARED for a 2 yd loss.

You could easily put together a highlight film that makes him look like the next Rodgers, but you could just as easily put together a film that would leave you speechless and asking how he could make some of those throws 2 years into his career.

DaneMcCloud 04-19-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12185407)
then you would have gotten steal.

Hackenberg...like John Dorsey...and like me is a FUMA man. We succeed.

I'm sure he's a high character individual but his inaccuracy can't be fixed.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-19-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 12185421)
I'm a PSU fan and have watched him since his freshman year. The kid can throw a perfect 30 yard pass and hit the receiver right btw the numbers and then throw 6 feet behind a TE on a drag route 2 plays later. You can say the PSU's line was terrible (which it was), but some of the head scratching throws I've seen him make were in a perfectly good pockets.

His decision making is questionable also. He'd go through his progressions and miss an open receiver (or 1 on 1 coverage) in favor of checking down to a double covered TE or a RB in the flat who would get SMEARED for a 2 yd loss.

You could easily put together a highlight film that makes him look like the next Rodgers, but you could just as easily put together a film that would leave you speechless and asking how he could make some of those throws 2 years into his career.

Soooo would you be happy if we drafted him?

Mr. Laz 04-19-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 12185421)

accuracy issues and poor decision making might the worse 2 things you can have when trying to make the jump to the NFL.

loochy 04-19-2016 11:19 AM

Hackenberg: "Say my name."
Dorsey: “Hackenberg.”
Hackenberg: “You’re goddamn right.”

Mr_Tomahawk 04-19-2016 11:32 AM

Do not believe posts...

Need link to Gruden Camp video for confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saul Good 04-19-2016 11:38 AM

Ron Powlus thinks this kid is a product of an out of control hype machine.

lewdog 04-19-2016 11:45 AM

Watch an hour of his combine throws and try not to laugh.