ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Django Unchained (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268068)

Richard_Cuckold 12-26-2012 08:47 PM

Django Unchained

Saw this last night. LOVED IT.

Kinda long (its almost 3 hours long) but it is really entertaining and really funny.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Rexx 12-26-2012 09:24 PM

I was thinking of checking this movie out...looks pretty solid, but was wanting to get some thoughts from other Tarantino fans first.

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 12:42 AM

Going to see it this weekend.

Fire Me Boy! 12-27-2012 09:24 AM

I can't believe there's not a 2-page thread already on Django Unchained.....

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9243478)

I don't really care for the title of that thread so I'm going to post my review in here after I see it.

Demonpenz 12-28-2012 07:21 AM

off the chain.

luv 12-28-2012 11:58 AM

I went to see it last night. The sound would cut out every once in awhile, but you kind of got used to it. They paused it at one point and came in to tell us that they were going to reboot the sound to see if it helped. It didn't. They came in and offered for us to go over to the theater where it was just starting and to give us free passes. We were about 45 minutes into it at this point, and the show just starting would have gotten out later than I would have liked, so we just got our free passes and left. I like what I've seen of it so far. :)

DrunkBassGuitar 12-30-2012 08:07 PM

If you like Tarantino movies, you'll love it. It is what it claims to be, 3 hours of Jamie Foxx shooting slave masters in the face. If you go in expecting a period piece discussing the complex relationship of slavery in antebellum southern states, you'll be disappointed. If you go in expecting Inglorious Basterds, you won't be disappointed.

And aside from some of DiCaprio's trademark ACTING, every performance is great. I'm a big Christopher Waltz fan now.

KcMizzou 12-30-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9245431)
off the chain.

Heh.

KevB 12-30-2012 09:40 PM

I liked it, but there were a couple of very uncomfortable scenes. Some solid humor, good acting, and overall entertaining.

jaa1025 12-30-2012 09:51 PM

Ehh I have no desire to see it do to the language. I'm all for traditional cussing, but it's going to be an uncomfortable movie due to the use of the N word.

Thig Lyfe 12-30-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9243478)

You mean that new Will Smith movie?

luv 12-30-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9255924)
I liked it, but there were a couple of very uncomfortable scenes. Some solid humor, good acting, and overall entertaining.

"Uncomfortable scenes" like when he's hanging upside down and it shows his cock and balls? Or when the guys holds onto it to cut them off? lol

A friend I went with said, "Tarantino gets a little more over the top the older...err...fatter he gets." There was some over the top killing, but it was really good.

luv 12-30-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 9256023)
Ehh I have no desire to see it do to the language. I'm all for traditional cussing, but it's going to be an uncomfortable movie due to the use of the N word.

Really? I didn't find it offensive at all, and I think it was 'due' to the overuse of the word. Of course, I'm white. I remember thinking that you could get shitfaced in no time by playing a game where you drink every time they say it.

KevB 12-30-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9256207)
"Uncomfortable scenes" like when he's hanging upside down and it shows his cock and balls? Or when the guys holds onto it to cut them off? lol

A friend I went with said, "Tarantino gets a little more over the top the older...err...fatter he gets." There was some over the top killing, but it was really good.

Actually, the two that stood out were the dogs/slave scene and the fighting for sport scene.