ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Molitoth 01-06-2013 02:36 PM

Even if you think the safety was a dumb move on genos part, it's one play in an entire 3 year college career. You move on.

You don't look at 2 or 3 plays/games and decide not to draft the guy. That would be like looking at Andy Reid's last 2 coaching seasons and deciding against the hire.

"Bob" Dobbs 01-06-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9288484)
LMAO Come on. I like Geno too, but I'll admit that that was a bad play by Geno. There was no reason to keep backing up. If anything, he should have stepped up. There's no reason to back up INTO your own end zone. He had space to either just step up and throw, or step up and run to his right or left.

It's all a moot point. Fixing this is what coaches DO. And we finally have one (at least) who can and will. Not worried.

-King- 01-06-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9288500)
And, pray tell, where was he going to step up into?

And, if you had taken the time to see the clip, he was running to his left when he got leg whipped. Eh?

He stepped back AND THEN tried to run left.

His center/guard are stonewalling the shit out of the DT. His RT/RG are stone walling the DE. His LT is handling the other DE for the most part. He has room to step up and move to the left or right.

http://i.imgur.com/q7okz.jpg

-King- 01-06-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bob" Dobbs (Post 9288513)
It's all a moot point. Fixing this is what coaches DO. And we finally have one (at least) who can and will. Not worried.

I'm not worried either. But I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend that his bad plays are good.

O.city 01-06-2013 02:46 PM

IMO, the biggest thing he needs to be coached on is, when to just take the short stuff and not always try and push it down the field. I like that he tries, but it's not always needed.

Priest31kc 01-06-2013 02:46 PM

Every QB has bad plays. Every QB throws INTs. Every QB has bad games.

Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc...

All of them do.

Its just mind boggling that idiots on here are completely against taking a QB with amazing potential because of one average game in the snow. A game in which he didn't even throw an INT.

If they're using that logic, then NO QB would be good enough for them. I just dont get it.

Molitoth 01-06-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9288545)
Every QB has bad plays. Every QB throws INTs. Every QB has bad games.

Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, etc...

All of them do.

Its just mind boggling that idiots on here are completely against taking a QB with amazing potential because of one average game in the snow. A game in which he didn't even throw an INT.

If they're using that logic, then NO QB would be good enough for them. I just dont get it.

Those people don't watch games, they read stupid online mocks and take the word of kiper, mayock, and mcshay like the word of god.

aturnis 01-06-2013 03:37 PM

The only legit knocks I've ever seen, are that he holds onto the ball, and that he "doesn't have to read defenses". Whatever.

Nick Foles ran the Air Raid offense in college too. Look what Reid was able to do with him...

In fact Foles' big knocks were much the same as Geno, add decision making and much more. Foles wasn't a quarter the QB Geno is...

RealSNR 01-06-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9288711)
The only legit knocks I've ever seen, are that he holds onto the ball, and that he "doesn't have to read defenses". Whatever.

Nick Foles ran the Air Raid offense in college too. Look what Reid was able to do with him...

In fact Foles' big knocks were much the same as Geno, add decision making and much more. Foles wasn't a quarter the QB Geno is...

Plus, Foles is a ****ing reerun. He doesn't have a fraction of the intelligence and work ethic that Geno Smith has.

Sorter 01-06-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9288724)
Plus, Foles is a ****ing reerun. He doesn't have a fraction of the intelligence and work ethic that Geno Smith has.

PLus, I heard Foles has a small penis.

SAUTO 01-06-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9288774)
PLus, I heard Foles has a small penis.

I wondered why you were looking so hard at his feet
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 01-06-2013 03:59 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9288780)
I wondered why you were looking so hard at his feet
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9288545)

Its just mind boggling that idiots on here are completely against taking a QB with amazing potential because of one average game in the snow.

The guy had a shitty game against Syracuse a team that he lost 3 times prior to the pinstripe bowl and apparently studied filmed tireless in preparation to beat .

SAUTO 01-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9288857)
The guy had a shitty game against Syracuse a team that he lost 3 times prior to the pinstripe bowl and apparently studied filmed tireless in preparation to beat them.

And?

How many times on a row in the playoffs did the pats beat the Manning led colts?

I bet Manning watched the hell out of film before every game.

It happens to the best of them, sometimes a team just has your number
Posted via Mobile Device

Priest31kc 01-06-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9288857)
The guy had a shitty game against Syracuse a team that he lost 3 times prior to the pinstripe bowl and apparently studied filmed tireless in preparation to beat .

Ok...what's your ****ing point?

This is what I'm talking about.

WHAT IS YOUR ****ING POINT?

How does that mean he won't be a good QB in the NFL?

How does that erase everything else he's done?

Does that mean his arm strength, accuracy, quick release, pocket presence & poise, and football IQ don't mean shit and won't translate to the NFL somehow?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW THAT MATTERS!