ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Your OROTY is... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269626)

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 07:00 PM

Your OROTY is...

RGIII.

On my phone; can someone post a link?

jAZ 02-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9373345)
RGIII.

On my phone; can someone post a link?

You could manage to start a thread here, and type all that, but couldn't go to google and search for yourself? I had to go to google just to figure out what OROTY was.

Mr. Laz 02-02-2013 07:06 PM

Robert Griffin III wins Offensive Rookie of the Year

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: Feb. 2, 2013 at 07:16 p.m. Updated: Feb. 2, 2013 at 07:50 p.m.

NEW ORLEANS -- Choosing your favorite rookie quarterback in 2012 is like choosing your favorite flavor of ice cream. You really couldn't go wrong, but The Associated Press voters for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year ultimately got the choice right.

Code:

Offensive Rookie of the Year voting
Player        No. of votes

Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins        29
Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts                11
Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks        10

Robert Griffin III of the Washington Redskins won the award Saturday night at NFL Honors over the Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson and the Indianapolis Colts' Andrew Luck in one of the best rookie crops of players in NFL history. Running backs like Washington's Alfred Morris and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Doug Martin would have been in the mix to win most years.

"Well, it's a truly a blessing to be up here and be able to stand, first and foremost," Griffin said when accepting the award as he continues to recover from knee surgery. "It seems like league's in good hands with the young quarterbacks."

NFL Honors

The NFL’s brightest stars come together for the second annual NFL Honors award show. Take a look some of the best photos of the night.
Griffin was the best option because he was excellent from the very first week. Wilson ultimately wasn't a huge factor in the Seahawks' offense for the first five to six weeks of the season. RG3 also was steadier than Luck, who had a dip in play during the final stretch of the season. I made my case for Griffin back in December. Wilson's playoff excellence didn't factor into the award or he might have won.

RG3 combined insane athleticism with smarts beyond his years. Like Wilson, he was such a good decision-maker. Griffin was accurate and explosive, and he avoided mistakes. He played like a veteran. Luck took more chances, showed an amazing ability to avoid pressure, and his highs arguably were higher than any other rookie. Luck was asked to do more than anyone, but ultimately he was not as consistent.

It feels silly to knock any of the rookie quarterbacks because all three would have been great choices for the award. But Griffin ultimately deserved this round in their competition.

It was an incredible season from this trio. I can't wait to see Round 2 next season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ie-of-the-year

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9373348)
You could manage to start a thread here, and type all that, but couldn't go to google and search for yourself? I had to go to google just to figure out what OROTY was.

Then you're a ****ing reerun.

EDIT: Thank you, Laz.

Saul Good 02-02-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9373360)
Then you're a ****ing reerun.

EDIT: Thank you, Laz.

Maybe let someone who is actually capable of making a decent thread start the thread next time.

Brock 02-02-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9373348)
I had to go to google just to figure out what OROTY was.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 02-02-2013 07:54 PM

RGIII - 4,015 total yards, 27 TD, 10 wins

Luck - 4,600 total yards, 28 TD, 11 wins

East-coast media: biased

Saul Good 02-02-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9373405)

You didn't list turnovers. I'll take Luck ten times out of ten, but you're cherry picking.

DaFace 02-02-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9373399)
Maybe let someone who is actually capable of making a decent thread start the thread next time.

No kidding. Talk about attention whoring.

Hammock Parties 02-02-2013 08:06 PM

Why list turnovers? His team still won more despite them.

gblowfish 02-02-2013 08:10 PM

Right now, he's a SORE-OROTY!

RunKC 02-02-2013 08:10 PM

East Coast bias

Bump 02-02-2013 08:20 PM

I thought Russel Wilson deserved it more. 26-10 and a playoff win AND he wasn't just given the starting job like the top 2 picks. He had to earn it against a lot of odds since they just gave Flynn a contract and he was expected to start.

Fritz88 02-02-2013 08:27 PM

It should have been Wilson.

houstonwhodat 02-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Total bullshit.

Luck got robbed.

He finished his season too.

RG3 will never finish a season.

Chiefnj2 02-02-2013 08:28 PM

Wilson deserved it.

GoChargers 02-02-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

You're kidding, right? You completely ignored Luck throwing as many picks as Mark ****ing Sanchez and putting up a worse QB rating.

RG3 is the better quarterback, IMO, and a completely deserving OROY.

Hammock Parties 02-02-2013 08:31 PM

Turnovers are irrelevant if they don't result in losses.

Luck had no running game and a pretty bad defense. RGIII had a LOT more help.

Luck will be a better QB in the long run and IMO, was last year, too.

4,600 yards and 28 TD is a **** ton of production for a rookie QB.

GoChargers 02-02-2013 08:34 PM

LOL at the idea of the media being biased against Luck. Dude was slurped and hyped by the media like he already had multiple MVP's and a couple Super Bowl rings before he even left Stanford, he was gonna be the new Peyton, etc. Then he got outshined and outplayed by RG3 and Wilson once it was time to start proving it on the field. Sorry, but it wasn't bias that prevented Luck from winning ROY.

houstonwhodat 02-02-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9373466)

Won't matter.

Luck will have a much better career when all said and done.

He's a pocket passer not an "athletic" qb.

hahaha

milkman 02-02-2013 08:41 PM

Luck put up large portion of his numbers against prevent defenses.

To his credit, he produced in those situations, where others haven't.

But his rookie season wasn't as spectacular as most make it out to be.

GoChargers 02-02-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

I don't buy the Colts being nearly as good as their record, though. They just barely eked out most of their wins. I think they'll regress to the mean next year and have a worse record.

Furthermore, turnovers aren't irrelevant. If Luck doesn't cut back on them, his progress as a pro QB will be limited and it WILL result in losses.

Quote:

RG3 had a terrible secondary and a recieving core who couldn't stay healthy. If anything, Wilson was the one with lots of help.

Quote:

Luck will be a better QB in the long run
Not only do we not really know this yet, the future is also irrelevant in the context of this award.

Bump 02-02-2013 08:45 PM

but you can make a case for all 3. A remarkable year for the QB.

milkman 02-02-2013 08:45 PM

I'm calling it now.

Russel Wilson will have more SB wins than either Luck or RGIII.

tk13 02-02-2013 09:00 PM

Luck threw for more yards than any rookie in the history of football. He led the league in game winning drives. The only three QBs with more completions of 25+ yards were Brees, Flacco and Manning. He dragged maybe the worst playoff team ever into the playoffs.

RGIII deserved this award just as much, he had the best numbers. He just needs to stay healthy. But I'd still take Luck over Griffin and the midget. If you gave Luck the Seahawks defense and Marshawn Lynch he might still be playing.

Skyy God 02-02-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9373475)
Won't matter.

Luck will have a much better career when all said and done.

He's a pocket passer not an "athletic" qb.

hahaha

Award wasn't for best expected career, yo.

Chiefshrink 02-02-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

The question you have to ask yourself is whose team would have had a worse record without them at QB.

I say the Colts hands down. Without Luck they are picking right behind us in this years draft. That is how good Luck is and will be even better in the future:thumb:

Chiefshrink 02-02-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373489)

The Colts are a 2-3 win team at best without Luck this last year irregardless of an easier schedule. That is how good Luck is and will be even more in the future.

DTLB58 02-02-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373496)
I'm calling it now.

Russel Wilson will have more SB wins than either Luck or RGIII.

Eh, ya never know. The guys looks amazing don't get me wrong. But so do the other two.

A SB win(s) however depends so much more than just on that one player.
The team, front office, injuries, weather in a specific game a bad call.

I just know this, After watching the NFL for as long as I have, Marino should have won a SB, Elway should have won more sooner, Peyton should have more.
But they don't. Favre only has one, but has almost all the records. You just never know.

Three7s 02-02-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

I'll bite.

23/18 TD ratio, 54% completion ratio, including not even half of his passes completed against the Chiefs.

Yes, he was good, especially seeing as the running game was terrible, but he still didn't complete nearly enough of his passes and threw way to many INTs. The Colts were that usual mediocre team that got in and got blasted in the playoffs.

RGIII deserved it more than Luck, simple as that. He was a dynamic player that made the whole offense better.

milkman 02-02-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9373524)
The Colts are a 2-3 win team at best without Luck this last year irregardless of an easier schedule. That is how good Luck is and will be even more in the future.

The Chiefs won 10 games with Matt Cassel against a schedule that wasas soft as the Colt was this year.

The Seahawks won, what, 6 games last year, and turned around to battle for the divion against a far touhger schedule, with virtually the same cast.

This kid has the poise and presence that only few have.

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9373417)
No kidding. Talk about attention whoring.

Yes. It was my life mission to be known as the guy that was the first to tell Chiefsplanet that RGIII won Offensive ROTY.

YOU GUYS GOT ME ALL FIGURED OUT.

milkman 02-02-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9373556)
Eh, ya never know. The guys looks amazing don't get me wrong. But so do the other two.

A SB win(s) however depends so much more than just on that one player.
The team, front office, injuries, weather in a specific game a bad call.

I just know this, After watching the NFL for as long as I have, Marino should have won a SB, Elway should have won more sooner, Peyton should have more.
But they don't. Favre only has one, but has almost all the records. You just never know.

Brett Favre is every bit as responsible for his team's lack of playoff succes thrugh the years as any of the rest of those team's players or units.

And since you apparently have not paid attention, I'll let you in on some newz.
Peyton Manning is the gretest chokerf ever.

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 09:53 PM

But to the point, I honestly don't know how Luck got a single vote going up against RGIII and Wilson. He did pretty well for a rookie, but as others have stated, he just threw way too many damn INTs and his completion percentage rivaled that of a young Mike Vick. He may have the best career out of the three, but speaking of this season, I'd say the other two were a notch above him.

As far as RGIII and Wilson are concerned, I agree that RGIII should have gotten the nod. Wilson's hype train only really reached full steam in the last 1/3 of the season. It was full-on light speed by the time the Hawks got booted from the playoffs, but as far as I know, these awards are based on regular season performance.

Due to the injury, RGIII's stock is definitely not pointing as high as Wilson or Luck's, but he really was pretty amazing this season. I had the pleasure of watching the Skins in several games this season and he just looks like he has the stuff. Hopefully he can bounce back from that injury.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-02-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9373422)
Why list turnovers? His team still won more despite them.

Opponents matter and the Colts' were awful. That was not a good team. Pro tip: pound the Colts' under next year.

tk13 02-02-2013 10:02 PM

It's hard to compare because Luck was thrown in the deep end in terms of a complex passing offense, just like Manning was. In fact Arians said Luck was doing things with the offense that Manning didn't do his rookie year. And Manning threw 28 INT his rookie year.

It's not a surprise, often times rookie QB's who succeed have a top shelf RB and defense. Roethlisberger, Sanchez, Dalton, etc. Russell Wilson had the #1 defense in the league, and a top 3 rushing attack. RGIII didn't have the defense though... but they were the #1 rushing attack in the league. The Colts were in the 20's in both rushing and defense. I would guess there's never been a rookie QB post a winning record, let alone make the playoffs, with a rushing attack and defense ranked that poorly.

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9373598)
It's hard to compare because Luck was thrown in the deep end in terms of a complex passing offense, just like Manning was. In fact Arians said Luck was doing things with the offense that Manning didn't do his rookie year. And Manning threw 28 INT his rookie year.

It's not a surprise, often times rookie QB's who succeed have a top shelf RB and defense. Roethlisberger, Sanchez, Dalton, etc. Russell Wilson had the #1 defense in the league, and a top 3 rushing attack. RGIII didn't have the defense though... but they were the #1 rushing attack in the league. The Colts were in the 20's in both rushing and defense. I would guess there's never been a rookie QB post a winning record, let alone make the playoffs, with a rushing attack and defense ranked that poorly.

They were the #1 rushing attack because of him though. They went from #25 to #1 in one season.

Of course Alfred Morris is pretty good, but the read option and RGIII are the real reason they were the best ground team in the league.

tk13 02-02-2013 10:08 PM

No doubt about that. Although you could take RGIII's rushing yards completely away and they'd still be a top 10 rushing attack. He had a top shelf RB. But really the main point was more that Luck won games with his arm, as a rookie, with little else. I'm not sure there's another rookie QB in recent history you can compare that too... aside from 1st year starters like Kurt Warner.

Setsuna 02-02-2013 10:12 PM

Kuechley was the undisputed DROY but that's just BS. Wilson deserved it. Pathetic.

Also Colts had 2nd weakest schedule in the league. So all you Luck wankers can GTFO.

Easy 6 02-02-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

All True.

Chiefshrink 02-02-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373575)
This kid has the poise and presence that only few have.

Don't disagree at all. And I am a huge Wilson fan. And what he was able to do in the playoffs(bringing his team back from initial severe deficits in both playoff games) especially against Atlanta was just amazing, not ever batting an eye even when severely down by halftime in a playoff game on the road in a dome for goodness sake. Seahawks should have won that game but their D went Greg Robinson on that last possession. Wilson did his part for sure.

The question here is, if both QB's switched teams would their records have been the same with the same outcome in the playoffs ??? Your take.

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9373604)
No doubt about that. Although you could take RGIII's rushing yards completely away and they'd still be a top 10 rushing attack. He had a top shelf RB. But really the main point was more that Luck won games with his arm, as a rookie, with little else. I'm not sure there's another rookie QB in recent history you can compare that too... aside from 1st year starters like Kurt Warner.

Eh, you couldn't even do that. The threat of RGIII beating you with his legs did a shit ton to take the pressure off of Morris. There's really no sure-fire way of telling how much credit to give each guy, but its my opinion that it was like 75% RGIII/read-option and 25% Morris.

Quote:

When you're gauging individual performance turnovers are extremely relevant.

For all the talk of Luck having a shit defense, they did a decent job of bailing him out and keeping games close until the end for him to be in a position to win it.

Chiefshrink 02-02-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373583)
Peyton Manning is the gretest chokerf ever.

I get what you are saying but how much of his so-called "choking" was because he had mediocre to poor defenses that allowed for a manure load of scoring on him thus he was always playing from behind having to push the envelope more than he needed IF he were to have at least a decent defense to make a few more stops. Because it sure wasn't a lack of scoring from Manning that's for sure. I don't care if you are Unitas,Montana,etc..... when you put any QB in a position of always having to play from behind mistakes will be made. We saw it in Brady just a couple of weeks ago.

milkman 02-02-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9373629)
Don't disagree at all. And I am a huge Wilson fan. And what he was able to do in the playoffs(bringing his team back from initial severe deficits in both playoff games) especially against Atlanta was just amazing, not ever batting an eye even when severely down by halftime in a playoff game on the road in a dome for goodness sake. Seahawks should have won that game but their D went Greg Robinson on that last possession. Wilson did his part for sure.

The question here is, if both QB's switched teams would their records have been the same with the same outcome in the playoffs ??? Your take.

That's a difficult question.

I don't believe Wiison was as advanced to start the year, but was better by seasonns end.
Idon't think the Colts would have won as many games, but they would have been a better team at the end of the year.

If they switched te

milkman 02-02-2013 10:37 PM

If they switched teams now, I would stil be saying that Wilson will have more SBs.

Fritz88 02-02-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373646)
If they switched teams now, I would stil be saying that Wilson will have more SBs.

Okay old man. Enough for tonight.

I think Russell was better than both and should have been the winner. But he will win SBs because his team is a SB contender.

ThaVirus 02-02-2013 10:49 PM

Its like some of you never even watched Wilson play this season.

The dude has pinpoint accuracy, he makes all the throws, he makes great decisions, he shows poise in the pocket, he can extend plays while inside the pocket, he can run the ball extremely effectively, and most importantly, he knows when to tuck it and run/how not to take big hits.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was the most mature rookie QB this season as far as their play on the field would indicate. The only argument anyone has against him is his height (which he's shown means exactly jack and shit) and his strong supporting cast.

houstonwhodat 02-02-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9373517)
Award wasn't for best expected career, yo.

I hear ya.

Just seems like the media picks someone and puts all their PR behind it.

threebag 02-02-2013 10:55 PM

And the midgets

spades 02-02-2013 11:04 PM

luck should have won it

the colts had 40 million in dead cap space. yet he took them to the playoffs. they had zero defense and no running game. wilson and rg3 had good to great running games.

arians also had luck throwing downfield every damn play. reeruned use of a qb with no oline.

Joe Seahawk 02-03-2013 01:15 AM

I would have loved to see Russel win it (BTW, how was he not the pro bowl MVP?) But, you cant go wrong with any of these 3 as OROTY this year.

I love how Wilson says "Go Hawks" at the end of every interview.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honors...FL-Honors-red-

tk13 02-03-2013 02:02 AM

I've watched the midget play plenty of times. Get outta here with that. He did a great job. And most importantly he has a great work ethic, so he'll keep working as defenses start adjusting to the read option.

But Luck is a robot built to play QB. These comments I read on the internet claiming Wilson is so far ahead of these other guys or more mature don't know what they're talking about. Luck set rookie records for yards, yards in a single game, 300 yard games, game winning drives, and on and on. It's really kind of amazing that people have just glossed over it all because he doesn't run like Barry Sanders. It's almost like no one noticed. He probably had the best passing season by a rookie in NFL history. How can you argue otherwise? I don't know how you can say the QB who led the league in game winning drives didn't show poise. You look at other highly touted #1 QBs like both Mannings and Stafford, and they did not throw more TDs than INTs their first year. Luck not only did that but lifted an average (likely below average) team to the playoffs.

Matt Cassel averaged more yards/game passing than Russell Wilson did this year. Although Wilson did average about 30 yards rushing a game. Maybe it won't matter... you do have to have some semblance of a team. You need a franchise QB to win, but the best QB doesn't win every year. Russell Wilson with the #1 defense might have a better shot than Luck with a bottom third defense. That may be true. Joe Flacco certainly hasn't been the best regular season QB the last couple years but he's been a different guy in the playoffs. Meanwhile Rodgers and Brees both played out of their mind in 2011 and their teams bombed in the playoffs.

Bump 02-03-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9373489)
Luck put up large portion of his numbers against prevent defenses.

To his credit, he produced in those situations, where others haven't.

nah, Luck is scary good. Once he stops making mistakes and gets it. It's gonna be ridiculous.

GoChargers 02-03-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9373667)
Just seems like the media picks someone and puts all their PR behind it.

And they had been pimping Luck since his first day at Stanford practically. They finally had to change their tune once RG3 and Wilson started outplaying Luck in the NFL.

Sorter 02-03-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9373909)
And they had been pimping Luck since his first day at Stanford practically. They finally had to change their tune once RG3 and Wilson started outplaying Luck in the NFL.

To be fair, it isn't like Luck played at a poor level despite his TD/INT ratio and comp. %. It could very well be the case of possibly 3 future elite QBs. For Luck to have been outplayed by RG3/Wilson isn't a slight on Luck IMO. All 3 look like guys who will be in SB contention for a very long time.

Rasputin 02-03-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spades (Post 9373687)
luck should have won it

the colts had 40 million in dead cap space. yet he took them to the playoffs. they had zero defense and no running game. wilson and rg3 had good to great running games.

arians also had luck throwing downfield every damn play. reeruned use of a qb with no oline.

I lean toward Luck as well, just for how much he was asked to throw this season and still produce at a high level. They are all good QBs. With RGIII injury prone being an issue I'd draft them Luck, Wilson then.... RGIII

ThaVirus 02-03-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9373895)
But Luck is a robot built to play QB. These comments I read on the internet claiming Wilson is so far ahead of these other guys or more mature don't know what they're talking about. Luck set rookie records for yards, yards in a single game, 300 yard games, game winning drives, and on and on. It's really kind of amazing that people have just glossed over it all because he doesn't run like Barry Sanders. It's almost like no one noticed. He probably had the best passing season by a rookie in NFL history. How can you argue otherwise? I don't know how you can say the QB who led the league in game winning drives didn't show poise. You look at other highly touted #1 QBs like both Mannings and Stafford, and they did not throw more TDs than INTs their first year. Luck not only did that but lifted an average (likely below average) team to the playoffs.

This is actually a pretty good argument.

I'd still give my vote to RGIII though.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-03-2013 07:31 AM

IMO Russel Wilson got jobbed.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-03-2013 08:12 AM

So basically since everyone was too dumb to draft Russell Wilson before the 3rd round because of his height, he gets hosed out of OROTY. Got it. :shake:

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9374018)
So basically since everyone was too dumb to draft Russell Wilson before the 3rd round because of his height, he gets hosed out of OROTY. Got it. :shake:

I think it has more to do with media exposure than performance.

The media loved RGIII and loved the fact he was in DC.

That is why he won this award.

Luck was the better QB and Russell Wilson was roughly comparable.

I don't think RGIII or Russell Wilson take the Colts to 11 wins.

And for all the complaining about the weak schedule Indy played, the Redskins were 24th.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

OnTheWarpath15 02-03-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9373895)
I've watched the midget play plenty of times. Get outta here with that. He did a great job. And most importantly he has a great work ethic, so he'll keep working as defenses start adjusting to the read option.

Matt Cassel averaged more yards/game passing than Russell Wilson did this year. Although Wilson did average about 30 yards rushing a game. Maybe it won't matter... you do have to have some semblance of a team. You need a franchise QB to win, but the best QB doesn't win every year. Russell Wilson with the #1 defense might have a better shot than Luck with a bottom third defense. That may be true. Joe Flacco certainly hasn't been the best regular season QB the last couple years but he's been a different guy in the playoffs. Meanwhile Rodgers and Brees both played out of their mind in 2011 and their teams bombed in the playoffs.

TK throwing 98 with movement.

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 09:06 AM

The Redskins beat two teams with a winning record, and the 8-8 Cowboys twice, all year.

The Colts beat the Vikings, Packers and Texans, who all were better than 9-7.

*shrug*

Andrew Luck, mother****ers. More yards, more touchdowns, more wins. Deal with it.

milkman 02-03-2013 09:33 AM

I am not arguing that Wilson should have the award.

I am using this thread to express an opinion about Wilson.

Luck should probably have won.

I just believe from watching and listening to interviews that Wilson has a personality that inspires.

I think he not only raises the level of play around him on offense with his ability,he also raises the level of defense, because of that personality.

I feel inspired when I hear him.
I don't feel that from the other 2, or from almost anyone.

houstonwhodat 02-03-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9373909)

Wrong.

Hootie 02-03-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9373510)
If you gave Luck the Seahawks defense and Marshawn Lynch he might still be playing.

Uhm, how?

Wilson went down swinging about as well as any QB ever in a postseason loss.

What a ridiculous statement.

Hootie 02-03-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9374069)
TK throwing 98 with movement.

Wrong.

Wilson was protected during the regular season to an extent...especially the first half...

but he turned in one of the greatest postseason performances I've ever seen.

I'm sorry.

Wilson, to me, flashed way more talent than Andrew Luck. A once in a generation talent doesn't miss the passes he missed against the Chiefs...

I have no doubt Luck will be a great QB but I know for a fact he's not on Wilson's level right now. Not close, either.

Hootie 02-03-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spades (Post 9373687)
luck should have won it

ROFL

Wilson and RGIII MADE their running games great. Lynch had never averaged more than 4 YPC in his entire career.

The idea that Marshawn Lynch is some great RB is ****ing ridiculous. Not hard to run when the read option opens up GAPING holes for the back.

Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett put up all-pro numbers as runners with Vick as their QB...

God damn people are dense. Do people watch games?

Luck was good this year for a rookie...but he also looked like a rookie.

Wilson was mediocre at best for the first part of the season...but once it clicked (and it clicked) he was arguably the best QB in the freaking NFL for the last 3 months of the season.

I have ****ing no idea how anyone can argue otherwise.

Hootie 02-03-2013 10:03 AM

you guys can laugh now...sure, bookmark this post

2013 Wilson and Kaep are top 5 QBs

already

Wilson is the absolute COMPLETE package...from play to interview

the fact he was a 3rd rounder when some scouts were saying he was a top 5 pick if not for height cracks me up

that was the biggest fail in recent draft memory...how did professional scouts miss on this guy? Insane.

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9374152)
I have no doubt Luck will be a great QB but I know for a fact he's not on Wilson's level right now. Not close, either.

That's great and all but Luck produced more statistics and more wins. That's all that counts. And he did it with a weaker supporting cast. The Colts were the 2nd worst pass blocking team in football.

He doesn't run around much and get his knob slobbed by the media though so it's understandable that he took a back seat.

spades 02-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9374156)
ROFL

Wilson and RGIII MADE their running games great. Lynch had never averaged more than 4 YPC in his entire career.

The idea that Marshawn Lynch is some great RB is ****ing ridiculous. Not hard to run when the read option opens up GAPING holes for the back.

Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett put up all-pro numbers as runners with Vick as their QB...

God damn people are dense. Do people watch games?

Luck was good this year for a rookie...but he also looked like a rookie.

Wilson was mediocre at best for the first part of the season...but once it clicked (and it clicked) he was arguably the best QB in the freaking NFL for the last 3 months of the season.

I have ****ing no idea how anyone can argue otherwise.

haha

you are hilarious

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 10:55 AM

To say RGIII made that running game great is just silly though.

Mike Shanahan has always had great running games, and Alfred Morris is very talented. RGIII didn't help Alfred Morris break all those tackles, and he broke a TON of tackles.

You give Andrew Luck a running game that Colts team wins 13 games.

houstonwhodat 02-03-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9374243)
To say RGIII made that running game great is just silly though.

Mike Shanahan has always had great running games, and Alfred Morris is very talented. RGIII didn't help Alfred Morris break all those tackles, and he broke a TON of tackles.

You give Andrew Luck a running game that Colts team wins 13 games.

Luck will win the AFC South this year.

Sorry Texans you suck. (except for JJ Watt)

HotCarl 02-03-2013 10:59 AM

Recognition should be going to the one who's quarterbacking in the super bowl today, even if he's not technically a rookie, instead of the one who's team was one-and-done and who's nursing the knee they glued back together for the second time.

tk13 02-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9374148)
Uhm, how?

Wilson went down swinging about as well as any QB ever in a postseason loss.

What a ridiculous statement.

The AFC is terrible. If you give any team the Seahawks defense, they are an instant contender. You add in Marshawn Lynch and a QB who had a penchant for coming up big when his team absolutely needed it, that's more than enough to win the conference.

Really, that's pretty much what Baltimore did.

ThaVirus 02-03-2013 11:40 AM

Aren't these awards based solely on regular season production?

Hootie 02-03-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9374360)
The AFC is terrible. If you give any team the Seahawks defense, they are an instant contender. You add in Marshawn Lynch and a QB who had a penchant for coming up big when his team absolutely needed it, that's more than enough to win the conference.

Really, that's pretty much what Baltimore did.

not quite sure how this makes a case for Andrew Luck

I think Luck is/will be fantastic.

He wasn't on Wilson's level this year IMO.

tk13 02-03-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9374363)
Aren't these awards based solely on regular season production?

They are. Which is why I have no problem voting RGIII. I actually might have made the same vote. But people are kind of oblivious to what kind of year Luck had considering what he was asked to do offensively. Rookie QB's who come in and are asked to actually carry an offense usually have terrible numbers. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT his rookie year. Some of these arguments in here would contend he wasn't that great.

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 11:51 AM

People basically discount Luck just because:

A) His completion percentage was low
B) His turnovers were slightly high (though completely understandable given his rookie status and terrible supporting cast)
C) Lack of media promotion.

It's garbage.

More wins. More stats. A lot less support.

**** the gold toof dawgs. If they had played in Indy that's a 7-9 team.

milkman 02-03-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9374394)
People basically discount Luck just because:

A) His completion percentage was low
B) His turnovers were slightly high (though completely understandable given his rookie status and terrible supporting cast)
C) Lack of media promotion.

It's garbage.

More wins. More stats. A lot less support.

**** the gold toof dawgs. If they had played in Indy that's a 7-9 team.

C is total bull.

Hootie 02-03-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9374378)
They are. Which is why I have no problem voting RGIII. I actually might have made the same vote. But people are kind of oblivious to what kind of year Luck had considering what he was asked to do offensively. Rookie QB's who come in and are asked to actually carry an offense usually have terrible numbers. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT his rookie year. Some of these arguments in here would contend he wasn't that great.

The NFL and even the college game has dramatically changed since Peyton Manning was a rookie. The comparisons are absurd. Luck had a good rookie year but he wasn't sensational despite what you're trying to make us believe.

He won a ton of games on the final drive. So did Tebow in 2011. He was often mediocre and their 11 wins were a complete aberration.

Luck may very well end up being the best QB ever...he certainly has all the talent.

But he simply was no Russell Wilson this year...especially down the stretch.