ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Well shit. New GM means back to completely guessing again. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308403)

Dante84 06-22-2017 10:36 PM

Well shit. New GM means back to completely guessing again.

We finally had a read on what Dorsey liked and had an idea as to who might fit within the constructs of his vision.

I think we all (mostly) felt really confident that we would get a solid haul with Dorsey steering the ship. This has been the most fun regime for me, as far as Chiefs drafts go.

I hope we get someone who has a clue and an eye for talent. I'm afraid whatever we do will be a step sideways at best, or backwards at worst.

Thanks for the fun drafts, Dorsey.

ChiefAshhole1056 06-23-2017 11:16 AM

I feel you on this man... However, there has to be hope that the scouting department has noticed how he conducted things which ended up with consistent inflow of talent, and the process could be somewhat replicated.

Fingers crossed.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-23-2017 04:41 PM

Clark surely wants the franchise to succeed. gotta have faith and yeah, maybe Dorsey's qualities rubbed off on the others and we'll be talking about the Dorsey tree in the years to come.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2017 02:00 PM

I don't expect a shift in philosophy due to the hiring of a new GM.

They'll hire a guy that fits their vision, not the other way around.

kccrow 06-25-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12931149)
I don't expect a shift in philosophy due to the hiring of a new GM.

They'll hire a guy that fits their vision, not the other way around.

I agree with this.

I strongly believe the guy will be Veach and they'll ditch this "Co-Director" bit with regard to player personnel. They'll dance around the ol' "Rooney" horseshit and stick with the same thing that got them here.

Direckshun 06-27-2017 05:21 AM

I kinda want them to bring in that Titans guy.

It's impossible for us fans to know who's calling what shots in the draft process but Tennessee has been killing their drafts the past few years. That is a young, very talented team.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12933196)

It's impossible for us fans to know who's calling what shots in the draft process but Tennessee has been killing their drafts the past few years. That is a young, very talented team.

It's a team that has continually drafted in the Top Ten, so the job is infinitely easier.

They ****ed up with Chance Warmack and DGB.

Direckshun 06-28-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12934427)
It's a team that has continually drafted in the Top Ten, so the job is infinitely easier.

They ****ed up with Chance Warmack and DGB.

It's a team that's incredibly poorly coached, is it not?

I liked the shot on DGB. Chance Warmack though was a pretty shitty pick.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12935350)
It's a team that's incredibly poorly coached, is it not?

Not any longer. Or did you miss their 9-7 record last year while beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12935350)
I liked the shot on DGB. Chance Warmack though was a pretty shitty pick.

DGB was garbage and a reach. He was immediately traded by the new GM and didn't do dick in Philly.

DJ's left nut 06-28-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12935580)
Not any longer. Or did you miss their 9-7 record last year while beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead?

DGB was garbage and a reach. He was immediately traded by the new GM and didn't do dick in Philly.

Nah, he wasn't a reach as much as he was exactly what a lot of teams do with 2nd round picks. The Chiefs haven't done so as much of late, but the 2nd round was historically seen as the 'risk' round where you take guys with a lot of 1st round traits but some red flags and roll the dice on them. Too many risks for the 1st, too many skills for the 3rd - boom, you end up in the 2nd.

The Chiefs haven't gone that route as much; Morse was a higher floor, lower ceiling kind of pick that you generally see as more of a 3rd rounder. I'm actually not opposed to the way the Chiefs did it but I'm not going to be critical of what the Titans did either.

They took a gamble on a guy that could've been a low-cost Vincent Jackson if he could get his head screwed on straight. He didn't do so. Shit happens.

DaneMcCloud 06-28-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12935636)
Nah, he wasn't a reach as much as he was exactly what a lot of teams do with 2nd round picks.

What made him a particularly bad choice for the Titans in that they weren't in the position of drafting a guy like DGB because they were poor football team.

This selection ultimately led to the firing of the GM. One of the first moves of their new GM was to trade DGB.

Devin Funchess would have been the better selection.

kccrow 06-28-2017 04:30 PM

The Chiefs have not yet contacted me for an interview for the vacant GM position. I do, however, remain optimistic. Until such point, I'm happy to provide much of nothing and alot of guessing to the Chiefs' community.

Buehler445 06-29-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12935764)
The Chiefs have not yet contacted me for an interview for the vacant GM position. I do, however, remain optimistic. Until such point, I'm happy to provide much of nothing and alot of guessing to the Chiefs' community.

You put your CPA license on your resume right? I'd think that would help with the cap problem.

MahiMike 06-29-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12933196)

I like Riddick

kccrow 06-30-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12936593)
You put your CPA license on your resume right? I'd think that would help with the cap problem.

lol. yeah but there really isn't much of a cap problem to begin with. i mean, some tweakin in 2018 will take care of most of the issues.

No more Hali, DJ, or Smith will clear alot up.