ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Assassin's Creed III (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265885)

Gonzo 10-29-2012 03:09 PM

Assassin's Creed III

Newest installment out tonight at midnight, (or tomorrow). I purchased the first two and didn't really care for them all that much. Graphics were meh and the story didn't flow like I expected. However, the premise of this one, (revolutionary war) seems very interesting to me.
I pre-ordered my copy via Game Stop and plan on trading in my copy of Dishonored, (lamest game ever).

Checked out the "official website" and it seems to be much improved.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/index.aspx

Most of the time I'm highly disappointed in games with so much hype, (see afore mentioned game). Hopefully this won't prove to be the case. Anyone else picking up a copy tomorrow?

CoMoChief 10-29-2012 03:10 PM

never got into the first 2.....but this one looks badass.

Bump 10-29-2012 04:10 PM

looks cool but I played about half of the first one and thought it was boring

Frazod 10-29-2012 06:26 PM

I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws. Bought the second one when it first came out and didn't care for it at the time. Started playing it again recently because the third one's coming out, and got farther into it, but I crapped out again. There are aspects of it that are really cool, but sadly they just don't outweigh the annoying crap. The last straw was the groups of musicians who'll congregate around the assassin while he's walking through the crowd on a timed mission. Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

I won't be playing the third one.

Gonzo 10-29-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9063660)
I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws. Bought the second one when it first came out and didn't care for it at the time. Started playing it again recently because the third one's coming out, and got farther into it, but I crapped out again. There are aspects of it that are really cool, but sadly they just don't outweigh the annoying crap. The last straw was the groups of musicians who'll congregate around the assassin while he's walking through the crowd on a timed mission. Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

****ing this. That shit was annoying as hell. I can't resist this one. I'll post a review in a couple days.

DaFace 10-29-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Throw money at them and they go away.

The first one was a bit obnoxious as they tried to figure out the gameplay side of it. They really seemed to focus on building the engine so that they could use it for the other games. I've loved it since.

Frazod 10-29-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9063938)
Throw money at them and they go away.

The first one was a bit obnoxious as they tried to figure out the gameplay side of it. They really seemed to focus on building the engine so that they could use it for the other games. I've loved it since.

I tried stabbing them. It instantly blew my cover, but felt good. :grr:

But thanks for the tip. I'm back to playing Kingdoms now, but I might give it another shot at some point.

tyler360 10-29-2012 08:54 PM

First one got repetitive but each has gotten better with more variety.

Super excited for this one though. It will be best yet

jd1020 10-29-2012 09:48 PM

Love the AC series, but I like stealthy type games.

It's definitely a change of pace for the people who play cod and only know what running around, feeling invincible, and shooting from the hip is.

Gonzo 10-29-2012 11:08 PM

Figured I'd swing by Game Stop and pick it up since I was up anyway... Big mistake.

100 geeks, standing in two lines outside the store, freezing their asses off. LMAO
Dorks.

ThaVirus 10-29-2012 11:16 PM

So did you wait?

Gonzo 10-30-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9064686)
So did you wait?

Oh he'll no. It's 40 degrees right now. Not worth it at all...
I'll pick it up tomorrow.

SuperChief 10-30-2012 11:45 AM

The first one was neat, albeit repetitive. I got the second one with much anticipation, but it fell WAY short of my expectations. I couldn't even finish it. I do, however, have high hopes for this one. Revolutionary War stuff is awesome.

allen_kcCard 10-30-2012 12:23 PM

Anyone play it yet have any first impressions? I am thinking about grabbing it on the way home from work.

ThaVirus 10-30-2012 07:10 PM

Ordered 1,2 and Brotherhood off Amazon about a week ago. I have a friend that has Revelations and will be getting 3 so I should be able to knock out the whole series here soon..

DaFace 10-30-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9067138)
Ordered 1,2 and Brotherhood off Amazon about a week ago. I have a friend that has Revelations and will be getting 3 so I should be able to knock out the whole series here soon..

Have you played them before? If not, my opinion is the opposite of those posted above. I thought 1 was great in terms of introducing you to the way the world worked, but otherwise got to be WAY too repetitive. I loved 2 and am about halfway through Brotherhood at the moment and have liked those both far better.

Gonzo 10-30-2012 09:45 PM

Picked it up this afternoon and I can't put it down. I have to say, it's exceeded my expectations by far. The first two did bore me a bit, (like I mentioned) but this one is quite a bit different. Great story line, awesome graphics and the soundtrack/sound effects are mind blowing.
The story really sucks you in. It has the feel of Red Dead Redemption to it...
You can hunt, ride horses around the woods etc. I just beat a level where you command a huge ship around Martha's Vineyard and battle a couple British Frigates. Really impressed with the effort they put in this one.
So far I highly recommend this game.

Deberg_1990 10-30-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

ROFL

Funniest thing ive read in awhile.

KC native 10-31-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9067529)
Have you played them before? If not, my opinion is the opposite of those posted above. I thought 1 was great in terms of introducing you to the way the world worked, but otherwise got to be WAY too repetitive. I loved 2 and am about halfway through Brotherhood at the moment and have liked those both far better.

This all the way

ThaVirus 10-31-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9067529)

No, I'd never played the games but have been told from a friend or two they're amazing and I need to get on them. Like I said, my friend has/is going to have the latest two so I figured it'd be pretty cheap to play the entire series so I ordered the first three.

They came in the mail last night so I played 1 for about an hour. It has surprisingly good graphics and is pretty smooth despite being an older game. Learning the controls and what they're making me do right now is a bit repetitive. Can't wait to get to the second and third ones though...

ThaVirus 11-09-2012 01:05 PM

Wow, Assassin's Creed has to be one of the worst games I've ever played. Holy balls, that shit was the most uninteresting, repetitive shit I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Visit Al-Mualim, be his bitch, go where he says, find a viewpoint, beat someone up, find a viewpoint, pickpocket someone, find a viewpoint, eavesdrop on someone, assassinate the target, then repeat- LIKE 10 DIFFERENT TIMES!

Through all the bullshit repetition and general lack of excitement, I had a serious issue with the game that was supposed to be based on stealth assassinations AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN STEALTH ASSASSINATE ANYONE. You'd find the target and if you got anywhere within 20 feet of him, the guards would get get suspicious and attack you. Essentially you'd have to start a war and fight through 20 guards to kill the target, which I thought was lame.

Man, I couldn't wait to finish this game so about halfway through I started doing the bare minimum just to progress the story and get it over with. If not for the last 15 minutes worth of storyline, this shit would get two thumbs down from me.

****ING GAY!

ThaVirus 11-09-2012 01:13 PM

Assassin's Creed II, on the other hand, was pretty damn good. I don't recall ever experiencing such a leap in overall playability as I did from I to II. It seems they really learned from the first and made it all better. Ezio moved more fluidly, the cities were bigger and better looking, the voice acting was much better, the story expounded on the last and got pretty interesting, the fighting worked better, they included more customization elements, the missions had FAAARRR more variety, and you could actually stealthly assassinate people!

The only knock that I could bring up on this one was that I got more into the side missions of finding the 6 seals for Altair's armor and ESPECIALLY finding the truth that Subject 16 had hidden in the Animus. Halfway through the game I was hardly even paying attention to the main storyline in lieu of finding all the glyphs and decoding 'the truth'.

Also, although original in story, it's basically Grand Theft Auto dealing with assassins instead of gangsters. Not that I have an issue with that, GTA was revolutionary in its style, just saying they lose a bit for originality there.

kcchiefsus 11-09-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9101395)
Wow, Assassin's Creed has to be one of the worst games I've ever played. Holy balls, that shit was the most uninteresting, repetitive shit I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Visit Al-Mualim, be his bitch, go where he says, find a viewpoint, beat someone up, find a viewpoint, pickpocket someone, find a viewpoint, eavesdrop on someone, assassinate the target, then repeat- LIKE 10 DIFFERENT TIMES!

Through all the bullshit repetition and general lack of excitement, I had a serious issue with the game that was supposed to be based on stealth assassinations AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN STEALTH ASSASSINATE ANYONE. You'd find the target and if you got anywhere within 20 feet of him, the guards would get get suspicious and attack you. Essentially you'd have to start a war and fight through 20 guards to kill the target, which I thought was lame.

Man, I couldn't wait to finish this game so about halfway through I started doing the bare minimum just to progress the story and get it over with. If not for the last 15 minutes worth of storyline, this shit would get two thumbs down from me.

****ING GAY!

You're a bundle of sticks.

Dayze 11-09-2012 03:27 PM

I played the first one, and thought it was very very repetitive. It looked awesome, but I couldn't get into it at all.

HC_Chief 11-09-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9101705)
I played the first one, and thought it was very very repetitive. It looked awesome, but I couldn't get into it at all.

AC1 was definitely repetitive. They corrected that in AC2.

DaFace 11-09-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9101395)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9101421)
Assassin's Creed II, on the other hand, was pretty damn good. I don't recall ever experiencing such a leap in overall playability as I did from I to II. It seems they really learned from the first and made it all better. Ezio moved more fluidly, the cities were bigger and better looking, the voice acting was much better, the story expounded on the last and got pretty interesting, the fighting worked better, they included more customization elements, the missions had FAAARRR more variety, and you could actually stealthly assassinate people!

Sounds like you had about the same experience as I did. I also though the side quests were more fun in II than the main storyline, but at least that storyline was mildly interesting on its own. So far, I'd rate I as a 5/10, II as a 9/10, and Brotherhood as a 7/10. Brotherhood is fine, but the side quests aren't quite as interesting for me for some reason.

Demonpenz 11-09-2012 03:51 PM

i liked ACI better because it pissed more people off.

Buehler445 11-15-2012 05:15 PM

Do I need to play the originals before I play this one?

jd1020 11-15-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9121582)
Do I need to play the originals before I play this one?

Not really. It's an all new story line. But you could buy one of the first ones for bread crumbs to see if you like the game first.

Discuss Thrower 11-15-2012 05:23 PM

I've watched people play the AC series, and I always thought it looked repetitive with the parkour shit and the "Synchronize" on tall stuff.. and the puzzle minigame thing looked maddening.

But gawDAMN ACIII is AWESOME.

tyler360 11-15-2012 06:19 PM

Just beat it and I have to say its a wtf ending yet again

jd1020 11-15-2012 06:28 PM

I hope they do more present day shit in future AC's.

okoye35chiefs 11-16-2012 08:42 AM

I have played each of the games in the franchise.

I enjoy them.

Typically I stick to Madden and MOH or COD.

This offers a change of pace for me.

ThaVirus 11-22-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9101756)
So far, I'd rate I as a 5/10, II as a 9/10, and Brotherhood as a 7/10. Brotherhood is fine, but the side quests aren't quite as interesting for me for some reason.

I finished Brotherhood yesterday. I have to say, it was pretty good. I like that they kept the feel of Assassin's Creed II while making it a bit better, particularly the combat. I'd agree with your ratings but probably bump Brotherhood up to an 8/10. The side quests weren't nearly as interesting as II but I liked the inclusion of training your own assassins and the Borgia towers. A couple other random notes from the series so far:
-I really like that dude Nolan North's voice acting. He did a great job in these games and Uncharted.
-Ezio is a ****ing badass. I happened to leave the game on the start menu the other day and saw the intro by accident:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Ak79G8eZ4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2:16 was too legit when the assassins all squad up. I just wish they had more in-game CGI; that was one of the things I loved most about the Final Fantasy series (I know there's no relation; just saying I like CGI cutscenes).

ThaVirus 11-22-2012 12:59 AM

Then that video led me to this one, which is even more amazing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/32U_KOUuQ74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd pay to watch a full-length CGI movie of this franchise in theaters. It's pretty interesting.

Rugby Thompson 11-22-2012 01:20 AM

Anyone who likes this game should get Dishonored, it's just as good as AC3 if not better to be honest.

Rugby Thompson 11-22-2012 01:21 AM

Seriously.

mdchiefsfan 11-22-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9140858)
Anyone who likes this game should get Dishonored, it's just as good as AC3 if not better to be honest.

Define Irony.....

From the OP:
Quote:

I pre-ordered my copy via Game Stop and plan on trading in my copy of Dishonored, (lamest game ever).

okoye35chiefs 11-22-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9140858)

sorry, I disagree.

I played Dishonered for 30 minutes and then returned it...

Rugby Thompson 11-22-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9141041)
sorry, I disagree.

I played Dishonered for 30 minutes and then returned it...

Why?

okoye35chiefs 11-22-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9141355)
Why?

idk really. I just could not get into Dishonored at all.

I have played all the AC games and loved them all.

Maybe I expected something different with Dishonored, not sure why.

Gonzo 11-22-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9141355)
Why?

To each his own but I dont think I've been more disappointed in a game than I was with Dishonored. Graphics were horrid, the story had merit but When You throw in some unknown magic dude it starts gettin pretty stupid. I gave it an hour, then waited for ACIII and traded.
I'm happy that you like it but it can't hold a candle to ACIII.

Sure-Oz 11-22-2012 03:45 PM

It's price has dropped to $34.99 on amazon today

Garcia Bronco 11-22-2012 04:45 PM

100 percented the game last week. I really enjoy the dart rope predator move.

Rugby Thompson 11-22-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9141977)
To each his own but I dont think I've been more disappointed in a game than I was with Dishonored. Graphics were horrid, the story had merit but When You throw in some unknown magic dude it starts gettin pretty stupid. I gave it an hour, then waited for ACIII and traded.
I'm happy that you like it but it can't hold a candle to ACIII.

Maybe I like it because I didn't hear about it at all till a few days ago, I had no high hopes going in, I just got it for the hell of it and was looking for something to get that was fairly new, i already have AC3 but yeah the story is trash, I should have just waited a few days until Hitman Absolution. FarCry 3 looks unreal though, i think it's going to be GOTY.

Setsuna 11-22-2012 05:16 PM

Spoiler!

SAUTO 11-22-2012 05:25 PM

So... How is hitman absolution
Posted via Mobile Device

Rugby Thompson 11-22-2012 06:01 PM

haven't played it yet.

mdchiefsfan 11-22-2012 07:29 PM

I'm picking this up tomorrow, can't wait

Rugby Thompson 11-23-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9142654)
I'm picking this up tomorrow, can't wait

do not rush it, play it slow and stealthy.

Silock 11-23-2012 06:41 AM

I hope AC3 picks up. The first two sequences are boring as shit.

okoye35chiefs 11-23-2012 06:43 AM

in sequence 3-5 it gets better..

Gonzo 11-23-2012 10:27 AM

You won't be disappointed. The ship missions are awesome.

mdchiefsfan 11-24-2012 04:53 AM

So far it's pretty bad ass. I had a lot of people tell me it was a bit of a slow start but I actually like the first two sequences. The only thing that is pissing me off is I keep forgetting about those damn floating pages once I complete a level, remember it, go chasing after it and it disappears.

Is the game always so linear or once you become the main character does it become more free roam/side missions type of game?

Gonzo 11-24-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9145522)
So far it's pretty bad ass. I had a lot of people tell me it was a bit of a slow start but I actually like the first two sequences. The only thing that is pissing me off is I keep forgetting about those damn floating pages once I complete a level, remember it, go chasing after it and it disappears.

Is the game always so linear or once you become the main character does it become more free roam/side missions type of game?

Yep, after you change characters, you have a few missions that you pretty much have to play, then it goes completely open-world.
My advice? For every main mission you play, play one or two side missions. You'll figure that out on your own but it's really easy to just play right through the main mission.

mdchiefsfan 11-24-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9145527)
Yep, after you change characters, you have a few missions that you pretty much have to play, then it goes completely open-world.
My advice? For every main mission you play, play one or two side missions. You'll figure that out on your own but it's really easy to just play right through the main mission.

Ok, so I'm not really missing much right now. There were some free roam areas like the Frontier, but I figured I just had to get to my objective and do what was needed.

How about those sheets of paper floating in the wind? Is there another opportunity to grab those or do I have to start those missions over?

okoye35chiefs 11-24-2012 06:56 AM

you'll go back to boston and those papers should still be available as side quests

rad 11-24-2012 07:03 AM

Got this for my son on Amazon for 35 bucks, along with Battlefield 3 Premium Ed. for $30.

mdchiefsfan 11-24-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9145563)
you'll go back to boston and those papers should still be available as side quests

thanks

mdchiefsfan 11-24-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 9145566)
Got this for my son on Amazon for 35 bucks, along with Battlefield 3 Premium Ed. for $30.

yup that's why I grabbed it yesterday $35 at best buy

Gonzo 11-24-2012 03:50 PM

I was a little disappointed in the ending and I wish there were more missions like the Pitcarin assassination. However, all in all I give it 8 out of 10.

The only game I've ever given 10 for 10 on is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is nearly as good. If you havent played the series, pick it up TODAY.

SomeRandomGirl 11-24-2012 04:14 PM

We finished up last week. Not quite 100%, still need to do the online synch thing after credits roll and 1 other side quest, but overall, thought it was a great game.
My husband loved the ship quests, I absolutely loved to free-run through the frontier.

The ending left me a bit disappointed. Agree that it was a another WTF type of thing and it seemed a bit rushed (the cutscenes). To whomever said they hope the next AC has more present time missions, I can't see them making any more after this. I thought this was supposed to be the last game. I wouldn't be opposed to playing another, but I don't see it happening.

Rugby Thompson 11-24-2012 04:41 PM

This game is good but idk about GOTY, seems like there's not much replay value and it almost seems like there's more loading screens and videos more then there is gameplay. It's worth checking out but I find they could have done a lot more with this title, even though its open world and such, didn't really feel different compared to the first two.

whoman69 11-24-2012 05:12 PM

I really need to get a new computer so I can buy games again.

tyler360 11-24-2012 07:43 PM

They have to make more correct?

They can't end the story like that I would hope

ThaVirus 11-24-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9146464)
The only game I've ever given 10 for 10 on is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is nearly as good. If you havent played the series, pick it up TODAY.

I have an Xbox so I've never been able to play these games...

But one night I decided to watch all the cutscenes on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about. I watched them all.... For all 3 games.... Damn near in one sitting LMAO

That shit is like a movie.

Gonzo 11-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9147384)
I have an Xbox so I've never been able to play these games...

But one night I decided to watch all the cutscenes on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about. I watched them all.... For all 3 games.... Damn near in one sitting LMAO

That shit is like a movie.

Absolutely. It's like you're playing a movie. Now that I've beat ACIII, I'm going to go back and play all 3 of these again. They're just amazing.
The gameplay on 3 incorporates the cutscenes which really engrosses you into the story.

jd1020 11-25-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler360 (Post 9147136)
They have to make more correct?

They can't end the story like that I would hope

Fairly certain the developers have already made comments on future AC's.

I'll be interested to see how they continue on but I fear its going to be something insanely cheesy. Like pulling a "Fast and Furious" after Tokyo.

Gonzo 11-25-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9151842)
Fairly certain the developers have already made comments on future AC's.

I'll be interested to see how they continue on but I fear its going to be something insanely cheesy. Like pulling a "Fast and Furious" after Tokyo.

Oh, I'm sure we have a civil war edition coming soon...

ThaVirus 11-25-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9151860)
Oh, I'm sure we have a civil war edition coming soon...

I don't see how they'll be able to continue the story much after that with the evolution of guns though.

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs...

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9152027)
I don't see how they'll be able to continue the story much after that with the evolution of guns though.

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs...

nowadays assassins just have to be more stealthy. Don't you watch movies
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 11-25-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

I was a little disappointed in the ending and I wish there were more missions like the Pitcarin assassination. However, all in all I give it 8 out of 10.

We got a PS3 over the weekend, and two of the games it came with were Uncharted: Drake' Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among thieves. I assume Drake's Fortune is the first game?

I noticed the first Assassin's Creed is only 15 bucks on Amazon. Worth getting? Or should I just play the most recent one?

Gonzo 11-25-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9152176)
We got a PS3 over the weekend, and two of the games it came with were Uncharted: Drake' Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among thieves. I assume Drake's Fortune is the first game?

I noticed the first Assassin's Creed is only 15 bucks on Amazon. Worth getting? Or should I just play the most recent one?

Correct on Uncharted. The first one is pretty good but you will shit a brick in the 2nd one. The 3rd one is better in some aspects but not as much gameplay.
Well worth picking up.

As far as Assassins creed, play 3... If you really like it the first one is cheap. I didn't care for it.

jd1020 11-26-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9152027)

There's already a pretty successful series based on modern day stealth... it's called Splinter Cell. And guess who makes it?

Imon Yourside 11-26-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

I'm starting out on Uncharted 3, have you played I am Alive? Loved that as well.

Gonzo 11-26-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9153462)
I'm starting out on Uncharted 3, have you played I am Alive? Loved that as well.

Yep, I downloaded that about 3 weeks ago. I played it for a little while but ACIII came out and I wanted to play that first.
Seems like a decent game, though.

ThaVirus 11-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152071)
nowadays assassins just have to be more stealthy. Don't you watch movies
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9153220)
There's already a pretty successful series based on modern day stealth... it's called Splinter Cell. And guess who makes it?

I don't want to play Assassins Creed in 1986 with silenced pistols.

A huge part of what makes Assassins Creed so great is the historic environments.

Plus they'd have to change up the fighting mechanics completely. Even the traditional assassin robes would have to be nixed. It wouldn't even be Assassins Creed anymore.

HC_Chief 11-26-2012 12:30 PM

I am so bored with AC3....quit playing it.

WTF, AC1 was redundant, but had its moments. AC2 was great; first expansion was a lot of fun, but then the series reverted. This latest installment is a snooze-fest; and what's with the new "crafting" garbage? It serves no purpose.

Only bits I have found enjoyable are the sea-faring side-quests. Shredding ships and forts with cannonfire is a blast.

Rugby Thompson 11-26-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9153671)
I am so bored with AC3....quit playing it.

WTF, AC1 was redundant, but had its moments. AC2 was great; first expansion was a lot of fun, but then the series reverted. This latest installment is a snooze-fest; and what's with the new "crafting" garbage? It serves no purpose.

Only bits I have found enjoyable are the sea-faring side-quests. Shredding ships and forts with cannonfire is a blast.

This is what I was trying to say, game looks amazing but it's boring.

Frazod 11-26-2012 09:04 PM

Loading this now. What the hell.