ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2014 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280230)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-04-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10334572)
Oh, and how about the Sack Fairy making one final play?

Do I want to ask who came up with this name?

Saul Good 01-04-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 10334583)
First off, congrats from a Jayhawk fan. Big win for your program. Have to admit, I was pulling for OKState, mostly because I'm a KU fan, and secondly because I live in SEC country and I get sick of the LSU SEC hacks that pull for their "rival" when they aren't playing them. Now, one question. When will Green-Beckham declare for the draft? I would love to see him in a Chiefs jersey, although I don't see it happening.

The Chiefs won't draft high enough next year to get DGB.

Reaper16 01-04-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10334586)

The subtext is glaringly obvious.

duncan_idaho 01-04-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrroandrro (Post 10334583)
First off, congrats from a Jayhawk fan. Big win for your program. Have to admit, I was pulling for OKState, mostly because I'm a KU fan, and secondly because I live in SEC country and I get sick of the LSU SEC hacks that pull for their "rival" when they aren't playing them. Now, one question. When will Green-Beckham declare for the draft? I would love to see him in a Chiefs jersey, although I don't see it happening.

Classy post, and I understand. I hate all the teams in my conference and don't "root" for them. Though I'm not surprised by the 6-2 bowl record.

DGB is a true sophomore. I imagine he'll blow up next year with Mauk throwing him the football and declare for the 2015 draft.

Saul Good 01-04-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334585)
To me, I'm just doing it from the paradigm of a lifelong Mizzou fan who has always felt that bowl games are a frilly extra thing. I've never understood, and will never understand, why we collectively place so much importance in them. They only matter because we pretend they do.

So for a Missouri fan such as myself, with that mental approach to bowl games, I thought our season was validated by winning the SEC East and making it to the conference championship game. That game (and its sad, sad outcome) will always matter to me more than all of the bowls combined. I don't feel very puffy right now. I gots puffed for winning the East, though. And I wouldn't have felt very downtrodden tonight if Mizzou had lost to OSU.

I agree almost completely. The SECE championship was the highlight of the season, but I think...hell, I know...that the importance of this game lies somewhere between where a casual fan considers it and where you consider it.

Saul Good 01-04-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334591)

Well, yeah

Reaper16 01-04-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10334597)
I agree almost completely. The SECE championship was the highlight of the season, but I think...hell, I know...that the importance of this game lies somewhere between where a casual fan considers it and where you consider it.

Yeah, you right. I just wish it weren't that way. *sobs in corner, muttering 'exhibition' to himself*

DJ's left nut 01-04-2014 12:56 AM

Ealy just announced he's going pro.

I think we all kindof expected that, but it still smarts a bit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-04-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334591)

Certainly. I just wonder if it was a moniker he gave himself, because then it becomes one of the most badassed forms of reappropriation ever.

KcMizzou 01-04-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334585)
To me, I'm just doing it from the paradigm of a lifelong Mizzou fan who has always felt that bowl games are a frilly extra thing. I've never understood, and will never understand, why we collectively place so much importance in them. They only matter because we pretend they do.

So for a Missouri fan such as myself, with that mental approach to bowl games, I thought our season was validated by winning the SEC East and making it to the conference championship game. That game (and its sad, sad outcome) will always matter to me more than all of the bowls combined. I don't feel very puffy right now. I gots puffed for winning the East, though. And I wouldn't have felt very downtrodden tonight if Mizzou had lost to OSU.

That's the way I felt going into the game, honestly.

But as the game progressed... well, you know...

Reaper16 01-04-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10334603)
Certainly. I just wonder if it was a moniker he gave himself, because then it becomes one of the most badassed forms of reappropriation ever.

http://i.imgur.com/MeCmf.gif

CoMoChief 01-04-2014 12:59 AM

Congrats on the win. I know a lot of people that were bitching about not just outright benching Franklin as opposed to Pinkel playing musical chairs at QB when it was clear Mauk was playing much better. Josey and the MU defense bailed Pinkel out in this game. He had a magnificent game. Dudes a stud. He's going to be a steal in the NFL draft if his injuries cause his stock to drop.

duncan_idaho 01-04-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10334586)

It's from The-Mainboard Mizzou thread. One of the guys that posts in there is a senior at Mizzou and was the one who shared the info on Sam's proclivities (which I think are awesome, to be honest. This team loves him, and I think that's great).

Saul Good 01-04-2014 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10334603)

Yep. "Cock suckin' sonofabitch" is the "motorboatin' sonofabitch".

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-04-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334551)
Well, Alabama has one of the worst fanbases in all of sports. None of that surprises me. Yeah, I'm well aware that I'm in the minority as far as Bama fans go. There are plenty of reasonable, analytical Alabama fans. There are, unfortunately, many many more country bumpkins and frat douches, none of whom understand football, that make up that fanbase.

Nothing turned me against the SEC quite like The Paul Finebaum show. It's like my own Radio Milles Collines.