ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Nolan's Batman 3 Title (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235884)

Red Brooklyn 10-28-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7126040)
Deathstroke or Hush

Oooooh! Very nice. Hush could be wonderful, a genuine surprise. Well done, Tribal.

Buck 10-28-2010 04:52 PM

Hush would be a cool one if he could manipulate other villains like he did in "Hush."

007 10-28-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7126027)
He's only in it for a second. It's really brief, and if you've never heard of him or you don't know what you're looking for, you'll miss it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images...20zsasz3kf.jpg

ahhh, I remember that scene now. I would have never caught that.

Red Brooklyn 10-28-2010 04:59 PM

And he was also friends with Wayne in his childhood, like Black Mask. That could weave a fun little backstory.

Red Brooklyn 10-28-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7126053)
ahhh, I remember that scene now. I would have never caught that.

Yeah, it was so fast. Just a little easter egg for the hardcore fans who were really paying attention.

I didn't see it until the second or third time that I watched BB.

Valiant 10-28-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 7124780)
Wait, so you're saying that TDK was originally supposed to be about Two-Face but they reworked it after Ledger died? Seems like that wouldn't be easy to do without Ledger...

Anyway, I feel like they could have at least let Dent live & then they could either (a) lessened his role in TDK & make him the main bad guy in the 3rd movie, which would have been badass or (b) let him make a cameo like Scarecrow did in TDK. Either one would have been better than killing him off IMO. Sorry, I just love Two-Face & that whole story/dynamic.

No, Joker was still a HUGE influence but from what i read the movie was suppose to be more about TwoFace like 60/40 if you will, but Ledger died after the fact so they reworked some of the film to make it more centric on him.. The third one was also going to be about the Joker..

The Dark Knight vs Dent's White Knight.. But Ledger literally stole the show..

Jamie 10-28-2010 10:08 PM

I can't imagine how that could be possible. The movie is about Batman and Harvey Dent, but the Joker is basically the engine that makes the plot go, and almost every scene he's in is necessary.

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7126534)
No, Joker was still a HUGE influence but from what i read the movie was suppose to be more about TwoFace like 60/40 if you will, but Ledger died after the fact so they reworked some of the film to make it more centric on him.. The third one was also going to be about the Joker..

The Dark Knight vs Dent's White Knight.. But Ledger literally stole the show..

Whatever you read couldn't be more false

007 10-28-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7126676)
Whatever you read couldn't be more false

I seem to recall hearing that they did cut a lot of Harvey Dent/Twoface scenes. Don't know how true that is but I remember something about that. A lot of people complained about that fact.

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7126717)
I seem to recall hearing that they did cut a lot of Harvey Dent/Twoface scenes. Don't know how true that is but I remember something about that. A lot of people complained about that fact.

If Christopher Nolan felt those edited scenes were important, I guarantee they'd have been in the film.

I was told directly that the scenes were cut because they dragged down the narrative. Personally, I think that Aaron has the appeal of an old, worn out shoe (although I admit, there is a personal issue that sways that opinion), just above Bill Pullman on the scale of uninteresting.

But with that being said, there are always tons of scenes left on the cutting room floor, the most egregious, IMO, are scenes of James Caan in the original Godfather movie.

But that's a different discussion altogether.

007 10-28-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7126738)
If Christopher Nolan felt those edited scenes were important, I guarantee they'd have been in the film.

I was told directly that the scenes were cut because they dragged down the narrative. Personally, I think that Aaron has the appeal of an old, worn out shoe (although I admit, there is a personal issue that sways that opinion), just above Bill Pullman on the scale of uninteresting.

But with that being said, there are always tons of scenes left on the cutting room floor, the most egregious, IMO, are scenes of James Caan in the original Godfather movie.

But that's a different discussion altogether.

I've never been a fan of Eckhart myself but I did like what he did with the character. It really fit him well.

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7126814)
I've never been a fan of Eckhart myself but I did like what he did with the character. It really fit him well.

Because he's a two-faced dick?

Yep, that's him in a nutshell.

007 10-28-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7126824)
Because he's a two-faced dick?

Yep, that's him in a nutshell.

Sounds like there is a story there. Do tell. :D

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7126826)
Sounds like there is a story there. Do tell. :D

Not here, my friend.

007 10-29-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7126828)
Not here, my friend.

Well, you know how to find me. Don't leave me hanging man.