ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Nolan's Batman 3 Title (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235884)

Buehler445 03-29-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7524239)
I'd like it to end with 3. I'd rather be left wanting more than wishing they'd stopped while they were ahead.

I thought the same thing. At first I thought, "NOOOO", but then I thought back to the last fail that was Batman, and thought, OK. I'll accept that.

durtyrute 03-29-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7524239)
I'd like it to end with 3. I'd rather be left wanting more than wishing they'd stopped while they were ahead.

I can understand that because the previous attempt died miserably. I just like batman always have always will. Maybe when I'm 80 and we're all on Mars they'll make another Batman and implant it right into our heads, :evil:

bowener 03-29-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 7524969)
I can understand that because the previous attempt died miserably. I just like batman always have always will. Maybe when I'm 80 and we're all on Mars they'll make another Batman and implant it right into our heads, :evil:

Dude, this is Hollywood. There will be a new Batman by a new set of people in 10-15 years, if not sooner. It is a money maker.

keg in kc 03-30-2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7525186)
Dude, this is Hollywood. There will be a new Batman by a new set of people in 10-15 years, if not sooner. It is a money maker.

There may be a new Batman within one year, since they're going to release a Justice League movie in 2013. The idea of doing it Batman Beyond style with somebody taking over for Bale in Rises doesn't sound crazy when you consider that probability, and it allows them to continue the Batman franchise without Bale (or with Bale in cameos like Morgan Freeman) and without Nolan directing.

bowener 03-30-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7526154)
There may be a new Batman within one year, since they're going to release a Justice League movie in 2013. The idea of doing it Batman Beyond style with somebody taking over for Bale in Rises doesn't sound crazy when you consider that probability, and it allows them to continue the Batman franchise without Bale (or with Bale in cameos like Morgan Freeman) and without Nolan directing.

Yep.

As long as it rakes in the dough like it has been, they will keep pumping out movies. Who knows, maybe Snyder will direct a (bomb) of a Batman movie in a few years. Doesn't Nolan have a brother in the business?

I'm still crossing my fingers hoping that Superman: Red Son will get made into a movie... never gonna happen though :(

Tribal Warfare 04-05-2011 05:55 PM

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES to Shoot in Pittsburgh

While there was some speculation that The Dark Knight Rises would shoot in New Orleans, the production has passed on the city and will set up shop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the production could be in the city for four to six weeks shooting in downtown and the surrounding area. While I would like to say this is a further indictment of how little Christopher Nolan cares about the look of Gotham City, I’m not sure if TDKR even takes place in Gotham. However, Chicago (the home of The Dark Knight) can’t be mistaken for Pittsburgh, so either Nolan doesn’t really care that the look of Batman’s hometown will change yet again or we’re not going to Gotham at all.

Nolan released the following statement regarding the production’s move to Pittsburgh:

“Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman.”

I briefly visited Pittsburgh last summer for a friend’s wedding and thought it was a nice place, but obviously I haven’t done the intense level of location-scouting that helped to make the city an appealing choice for the production.

While plot details remain heavily under wraps, we know that Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman will all be returning. They’ll be joined by Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane, Juno Temple as a “street-smart Gotham girl”, along with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and possibly Marion Cotillard in unconfirmed roles (although they’ve been rumored for Alberto Falcone and Talia al Ghul, respectively).

keg in kc 04-08-2011 05:07 PM

Bit o' new castin' from the Hollywood Reporter:
Quote:

Josh Pence, who played opposite Armie Hammer as Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network (where Hammer's face was superimposed on his), has been cast as a young Ra's Al Ghul in Dark Knight Rises, Christopher Nolan's new Batman movie.

Sources say Pence will appear in scenes that take place 30 years prior to the present story.
Interesting.

durtyrute 04-08-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7525186)

And everytime they redo it, I'll be right there. :thumb:

Red Brooklyn 04-10-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7548171)
Bit o' new castin' from the Hollywood Reporter:Interesting.

I'm so excited to see where this thing goes... I hope they can find plenty of ways to move forward while still bringing things full circle (as people have implied).

It would be a shame to disregard or ignore who Batman is at the end of The Dark Knight. Joker's final monologue is so perfect and telling. It'll be exciting to see how they connect all the dots.

Easy 6 04-10-2011 10:59 AM

I certainly hope i'm wrong, but somethings telling me that this will be the worst of the 3.

Catwoman :shake:

Red Brooklyn 04-10-2011 12:48 PM

In trying to manage my own expectations... I imagine it will be better than Batman Begins, but nowhere near as good as The Dark Knight. Just my guess at this point. We'll see....

007 04-10-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7551030)
In trying to manage my own expectations... I imagine it will be better than Batman Begins, but nowhere near as good as The Dark Knight. Just my guess at this point. We'll see....

Dark Knight was great but I still liked Begins better.

Easy 6 04-10-2011 09:07 PM

I'm thinking this trilogy will be graded exactly like Star Wars... a smashing opener, a jaw dropping sequel, a disappointing closer.

Its gotta be hard to hit a home run 3 times in a row.

Tribal Warfare 04-10-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7552781)
I'm thinking this trilogy will be graded exactly like Star Wars... a smashing opener, a jaw dropping sequel, a disappointing closer.

Its gotta be hard to hit a home run 3 times in a row.

I'd say BB was solid but nothing great, unlike the Dark Knight which redefined the genre

Buehler445 04-10-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7551666)
Dark Knight was great but I still liked Begins better.

I disagree. The second one did an out****ingstanding job of making the villain crazy. It was downright scary.