ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Phobia 10-10-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9000732)
I'm not sure we are going to need to put the web address on the banner more than once.

Branding is critical. I think the shortened URL is wise.

Phobia 10-10-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefburger (Post 9000738)
You're alone in your support of the Kurt Cobain ban. Kinda like Pioli with Cassel.

You're mistaken. The vote was and is unanimous.

Groves 10-10-2012 11:31 PM

SOCHIEFS only saves 6 letters, so I can see it not being a huge advantage.

How many banners are we talking?

SOC.COM is taken.
SOCH.COM is both dumb and taken
PSOC.COM (please save our...) is available

Obviously for billboards and such you'd want the whole enchilada, but if we even want the option of putting words like "unsatisfyingly" or "credenza" on the banner, then every bit helps.

In58men 10-10-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9000748)
You're mistaken. The vote was and is unanimous.

Says who?

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 11:43 PM

FIREPIOLI.COM would save a lot of letters.

Chiefburger 10-10-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9000748)
You're mistaken. The vote was and is unanimous.

Spoken like a true dictator. I recall a poll in which the reinstatement of Joey had more than 80 percent support.

Phobia 10-10-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9000763)
Says who?

I don't want to turn this into a debate about this. If you disbelieve me then PM all the mods.

Chiefburger 10-10-2012 11:55 PM

The country doesn't know how bad the Chiefs are. I think it's important to remind them that. Nothing says pathetic like a banner celebrating our last championship:

42ND ANNIVERSARY OF SUPERBOWL IV! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
LIVING IN THE PAST SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
PLAYING FOR NEXT YEAR SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH OUR LIVES? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Let the shame wash over Clark and force his hand.

pr_capone 10-11-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000769)
FIREPIOLI.COM would save a lot of letters.

Ok. Look at it this way.

We have demanded that he terminate a multi-million dollar contract on a whim. The least we could do is give him time to tend house, prepare, and plan.

The team can operate a week without a GM and then they have the bye. That gives Clark 2 weeks to do his business thing. Let him do his business man. If Pioli is still around after the Raiders game... then we have a reason to be angry. He is here and he heard us so why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He has to know he would win us back if he fired Pioli.

Be a Chief fan right now. There is a new QB starting and that is part of what you wanted. Let the other shit sort itself out in a while. There is still plenty of time to gather up the pitchforks and torches.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-11-2012 12:02 AM

Guys, SaveOurChiefs.com is the vehicle for the web portal. Don't bastardize the name by shortening it because people won't remember the initials they are looking at while starring into the sky, guzzling beer and eating ribs. THEY WILL talk about SaveOurChiefs.com because it just rolls right off the tongue.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-11-2012 12:03 AM

BAM!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9000804)

Be a Chief fan right now. There is a new QB starting and that is part of what you wanted. Let the other shit sort itself out in a while. There is still plenty of time to gather up the pitchforks and torches.


bench_cassel 10-11-2012 12:08 AM

Pioli won't get fired mid season.

bowener 10-11-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000769)
FIREPIOLI.COM would save a lot of letters.

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bench_cassel (Post 9000811)
Pioli won't get fired mid season.

But this too :(

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9000805)
Guys, SaveOurChiefs.com is the vehicle for the web portal. Don't bastardize the name by shortening it because people won't remember the initials they are looking at while starring into the sky, guzzling beer and eating ribs. THEY WILL talk about SaveOurChiefs.com because it just rolls right off the tongue.

Phobia is correct about the branding, but I'm also a purist when comes to leaving the website name alone when advertising it.

Fire Me Boy! 10-11-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefburger (Post 9000788)
The country doesn't know how bad the Chiefs are. I think it's important to remind them that. Nothing says pathetic like a banner celebrating our last championship:

42ND ANNIVERSARY OF SUPERBOWL IV! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
LIVING IN THE PAST SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
PLAYING FOR NEXT YEAR SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH OUR LIVES? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Let the shame wash over Clark and force his hand.

Heh... "Rebuilding" since 1970 - SaveOurChiefs.com

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2012 06:33 AM

I still like:

GO QUINN SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

It's positive and is a good follow up to the BENCH CASSEL banner.

65TPT 10-11-2012 07:15 AM

I went to saveourchiefs.com and it sent me to facebook. I don't understand why it has to tie to facebook.

Groves 10-11-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9000973)
GO QUINN SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Makes our overall message too QB focused. That's really not our central theme, IMO.

Pasta Little Brother 10-11-2012 08:07 AM

Be Real Americanzis and play Stanzi!!!

Molitoth 10-11-2012 08:15 AM

Honestly this season is lost. We don't want Clark making a hurry-up hire for our GM of the future. Clark needs to spend the rest of the season carefully planning, interviewing, and picking the next GM to control this franchise and fire Pioli AFTER that person is available to be put in place.

Said GM then needs to start hunting for a new coach as soon as he is hired.
Said coach then needs full ability to pick the starting QB of his choice.

Sofa King 10-11-2012 08:15 AM

KILLING JAMAAL TO HIDE CASSEL! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Dante84 10-11-2012 09:19 AM

SCOTT: GET REAL. MATT IS AWFUL. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Cave Johnson 10-11-2012 09:32 AM

We Dream of Geno - Saveourchiefs.com

Incredible Edibles 10-11-2012 10:02 AM

I understand the frustration that is our current QB situation. However, I think putting a name on who we think should be the next QB for the franchise is a little premature. We want a change, not only to the QB spot but other areas as well, leave it at that. I think saying "Draft Geno" or "Draft Barkeley" is a little narrow-minded and makes us look like thats the only change we require to call off the herd of angry pitch fork weilding fans ready to burn this mother down.

Just my opinion.

GloryDayz 10-11-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefburger (Post 9000788)
The country doesn't know how bad the Chiefs are. I think it's important to remind them that. Nothing says pathetic like a banner celebrating our last championship:

42ND ANNIVERSARY OF SUPERBOWL IV! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
LIVING IN THE PAST SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
PLAYING FOR NEXT YEAR SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH OUR LIVES? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Let the shame wash over Clark and force his hand.

"Our 43-year plan is almost finished"

DaKCMan AP 10-11-2012 10:50 AM

Donation courtesy of Mr. Awesome is on the way.

Banner suggestion:

LAST PLAYOFF WIN? 1994 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Frosty 10-11-2012 11:01 AM

If Pioli is still around after the bye (likely):

CLARK FIRED CARL FOR LESS! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 11:11 AM

@kentbabb
A HC can't succeed if he lacks unquestioned control over game-day moves. Crennel's concussion is unfortunate, but this is RAC's Bastille Day

@kentbabb
Haley battled w/Pioli about Pioli's demand to control gameday lineup. GM wanted to be head coach too. Wonder if Romeo in same boat.

@kentbabb
Romeo Crennel has found a humane way to bench Matt Cassel without offending Big Brother. KC has probably seen the end of the Cassel era.

crazycoffey 10-11-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9001683)
Donation courtesy of Mr. Awesome is on the way.

Banner suggestion:

LAST PLAYOFF WIN? 1994 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

The real mr awesome will be sending money too.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9001048)
Makes our overall message too QB focused. That's really not our central theme, IMO.


I know but I think getting Cassel out of the lineup and getting a QB that can play changes everything.

1ChiefsDan 10-11-2012 11:28 AM

Couldn't send much, been unemployed since May. But donation was sent.

frankotank 10-11-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefburger (Post 9000788)
The country doesn't know how bad the Chiefs are. I think it's important to remind them that. Nothing says pathetic like a banner celebrating our last championship:

42ND ANNIVERSARY OF SUPERBOWL IV! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
LIVING IN THE PAST SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM
PLAYING FOR NEXT YEAR SINCE 1970. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

WHAT ARE WE DOING WITH OUR LIVES? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Let the shame wash over Clark and force his hand.

not too shabby...

bevischief 10-11-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9001795)
Couldn't send much, been unemployed since May. But donation was sent.

Every little bit helps.

frankotank 10-11-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9001855)
Every little bit helps.

then the midgets

alnorth 10-11-2012 12:15 PM

I still believe the focus has to remain squarely on Pioli, though if we want to shoehorn something positive in too, fine.

No, I don't believe he'll be fired mid-season but he is, by far, our biggest problem and not just one minor grievance in a litany of complaints. If we pat ourselves on the back for mentioning him once and move on from Pioli, then it'll look like throwing him out the door isn't really that high of a priority.

Chiefburger 10-11-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9000971)
Heh... "Rebuilding" since 1970 - SaveOurChiefs.com

This, without the quotations.

Fish 10-11-2012 12:26 PM

Cue the music.....

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/6470/kcclowncollege.jpg

Chiefburger 10-11-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9001938)
I still believe the focus has to remain squarely on Pioli, though if we want to shoehorn something positive in too, fine.

No, I don't believe he'll be fired mid-season but he is, by far, our biggest problem and not just one minor grievance in a litany of complaints. If we pat ourselves on the back for mentioning him once and move on from Pioli, then it'll look like throwing him out the door isn't really that high of a priority.

Wait, this also. A good message targeting Pioli would have the best mileage, given his ego and acute sensitivity.

pr_capone 10-11-2012 12:30 PM

Whitlock's check made it here via snail mail.

Easy 6 10-11-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9001974)
Whitlock's check made it here via snail mail.

The single biggest contributor yet, he really put his money where his mouth is.

bowener 10-11-2012 01:00 PM

Pioli's ego won't fit on this banner 30 Characters
Seriously though, keeping the heat on Pioli publicly is the best thing. If the idiots still on the fence about Pioli can be swayed to see the truth, then ST sales will probably drop, which in turn would tell Clark his best bet is to rid himself of Pioli this offseason.

Nothing would sell more ST in KC than cleaning house, and grabbing a top ranked QB in the draft.

RustShack 10-11-2012 01:08 PM

"Do your job Pioli, and let the coaches do theirs! - saveourchiefs.com"

pr_capone 10-11-2012 01:09 PM

PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

bowener 10-11-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002105)
PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

+1

Keep the heat on him. Hold him accountable for all his massive mistakes. Clark needs to know we aren't retarded and understand what the GM does and how big of a **** up Pioli is.

When do ST renewals typically go out? It would be cool to organize an event around that either publicly or in private where you would have all ST holders that do not wish to renew call en masse on the first day to cancel.

teedubya 10-11-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002105)
PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

+2

That's a good message, IMO.

teedubya 10-11-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9002079)
Pioli's ego won't fit on this banner 30 Characters
Seriously though, keeping the heat on Pioli publicly is the best thing. If the idiots still on the fence about Pioli can be swayed to see the truth, then ST sales will probably drop, which in turn would tell Clark his best bet is to rid himself of Pioli this offseason.

Nothing would sell more ST in KC than cleaning house, and grabbing a top ranked QB in the draft.

OK, that's hilarious. Not a good REAL banner... but damn funny.

Incredible Edibles 10-11-2012 01:32 PM

/GASP - OMG PIOLI, WE CAN SEE TRASH FROM UP HERE! Saveourchiefs.com


I couldnt resist.

the Talking Can 10-11-2012 01:45 PM

HULK HOGAN HAS A SEX TAPE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Raiderhader 10-11-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9000804)
Ok. Look at it this way.

We have demanded that he terminate a multi-million dollar contract on a whim. The least we could do is give him time to tend house, prepare, and plan.

The team can operate a week without a GM and then they have the bye. That gives Clark 2 weeks to do his business thing. Let him do his business man. If Pioli is still around after the Raiders game... then we have a reason to be angry. He is here and he heard us so why not give him the benefit of the doubt? He has to know he would win us back if he fired Pioli.

Be a Chief fan right now. There is a new QB starting and that is part of what you wanted. Let the other shit sort itself out in a while. There is still plenty of time to gather up the pitchforks and torches.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

ghak99 10-11-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002105)
PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

At first I liked it, then I pictured...


Pioli makes a game day decision to start Matt Cassel.

Banner looks dumb.

Egoli laughs.

loochy 10-11-2012 01:57 PM

How about this:

edit: NM

BourbonMan 10-11-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9002125)
When do ST renewals typically go out?

I've been getting my first reminder around the 2nd week of December. I will NOT be renewing..Going on 7 years, just not worth it anymore.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 02:08 PM

Fire Pioli Draft A QB - SaveOurChiefs.com

Sofa King 10-11-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002105)
PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

Shows we support our chiefs, just not Pioli or Cassel... which is pretty much correct. Nothing needs said about Crennel. New staff = new coaching staff.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 02:10 PM

Yeah but if you come off supporting Quinn and he does decent you can kiss drafting a franchise QB and Pioli probably keeps his job.

The Franchise 10-11-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9002236)
At first I liked it, then I pictured...


Pioli makes a game day decision to start Matt Cassel.

Banner looks dumb.

Egoli laughs.

He's already been ruled out.

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002105)
PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

leave the QB reference out just burn Pioli, the root of the problem.

ghak99 10-11-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9002305)
He's already been ruled out.

For the next home game?

pr_capone 10-11-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9002236)
At first I liked it, then I pictured...


Pioli makes a game day decision to start Matt Cassel.

Banner looks dumb.

Egoli laughs.

We are just talking out loud right now.

I see something like this flying if Quinn is announced as the starter from here on out. I could be completely wrong but I believe that we wont see Cassel again as the starter. I really don't.

Clark heard us and he saw it first hand. The entire stadium booo'ed every single time Cassel was on the field. If he cares about the fans at all, Cassel will never see the field again.

Raiderhader 10-11-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9002305)
He's already been ruled out.

For the Raiders' game?

The Franchise 10-11-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9002311)
For the next home game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9002313)
For the Raiders' game?

Meh. I'm dumb.

pr_capone 10-11-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9002307)
leave the QB reference out just burn Pioli, the root of the problem.

But then we are not meeting our obligations as fans. We have a new QB and if he starts... the fans have to give him a proper welcome. Show him what Arrowhead should sound like.

I know I am gonna scream my face off.

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002330)
But then we are not meeting our obligations as fans. We have a new QB and if he starts... the fans have to give him a proper welcome. Show him what Arrowhead should sound like.

I know I am gonna scream my face off.

Disagree this is just repeating the process of recycling other teams trash.

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002330)
But then we are not meeting our obligations as fans.

It creates more "classless and deranged" publicity. ESPN will start harping on that shit even more

alnorth 10-11-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9002105)
PIOLI MUST GO - GOOD LUCK #9 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 Characters. Restates the fact we want Pioli gone. Supports Quin. Puts our name out.

/signed

RustShack 10-11-2012 02:28 PM

"Sell the Chiefs to an Owner who cares!"

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 02:32 PM

Extension = CLARK FAILED. DEAD FRANCHISE.

And it means the movement extends into the offseason indefinitely.

pr_capone 10-11-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002340)
Disagree this is just repeating the process of recycling other teams trash.

We still want a 1st rd qb. That hasn't changed.

That said... we demanded Cassel gone. What good does it do if we boo the next guy too? We got what we wanted, for now, with Cassel gone. Be happy about it and cheer your damn team while they are in Tampa.

You knew that Quinn was behind Cassel. We asked for Cassel gone... who did you expect to start after him?

Incredible Edibles 10-11-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002303)
Yeah but if you come off supporting Quinn and he does decent you can kiss drafting a franchise QB and Pioli probably keeps his job.


This. Sadly, whether you support Quinn or not, if he does decent, Pioli keeps his Job AND we lose out on a QB in the draft.

J Diddy 10-11-2012 02:43 PM

need to do a banner that says: Die Hard Day at Arrowhead, Free beer if you were alive the last time the chiefs won a trophy

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 02:45 PM

Danny Parkins ‏@DannyParkins
Asked national NFL writer about the policy: "I'm clueless on all that." Told him fans would be irate. "He helped save Clark a lot of money."

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9002371)
Extension = CLARK FAILED. DEAD FRANCHISE.

And it means the movement extends into the offseason indefinitely.


We have to go straight after the facts that the franchise is dying...

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 02:52 PM

Then we need to start tugging on the ticket holders purse strings.

Encourage them not to waste money on a dying product.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 02:56 PM

Extenstion = Betrayal, We deserve better

The Franchise 10-11-2012 02:58 PM

**** you, Clark. new49ersfan.com

Titty Meat 10-11-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9002448)
Extenstion = Betrayal, We deserve better

This

Hammock Parties 10-11-2012 03:04 PM

CLARK DOESN'T CARE? NEITHER DO WE.

Pasta Little Brother 10-11-2012 03:10 PM

They draft a Round 1 QB and you all will fall in line like good little soldiers. Bank on it.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9002489)
They draft a Round 1 QB and you all will fall in line like good little soldiers. Bank on it.

Cant wait to see a 1st rd QB learn from a Coach like Crennel...

Dave Lane 10-11-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9002340)
Disagree this is just repeating the process of recycling other teams trash.

If they start Stanzi I'll cheer. Quinn is known trash.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.