ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Raiderhader 10-09-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997018)
This was my thinking as well. Since it will be cold, you could easily just slip a bag over your cold weather gear ... and really we only need the fans at the game to commit to do this for the first quarter to get the message across.

If every fan that is on board agrees to bring 20 bags with them and pass the extra 19 out.. we should have pretty damn good coverage.


I realize we have been alienated, forsaken and even shit upon. Even at that I still have a big problem with wearing black to a Raiders game. I am not going to be there so I suppose my opinion doesn't really count that much on this matter but, it just seems wrong on a moral level. I can picture Weird Al smiling in his grave at the thought of it.

Easy 6 10-09-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8997014)
Not trying to be a dick, but what exactly do you want them to say? They aren't going to come out and admit fault in anyway or acknowledge the banner.

I couldn't care less about verbal acknowledgement, actions speak louder than words. I'm holding all judgement until the draft, yes it's a long way away, but that is the only true fix here.

Mentioning the banner couldnt have been farther from my mind, of course they arent going to do that.

But fan(not just planeteers & others) frustration has reached unheard of levels, attendance is dwindling by the week, those who do show up are photographed by the hundreds looking like they'd rather be watching two boy scouts fight to the death, the entire fanbase has been indicted & ridiculed by the national media for crimes against humanity...

Its time to say SOMETHING imo.

AustinChief 10-09-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8997044)
I realize we have been alienated, forsaken and even shit upon. Even at that I still have a big problem with wearing black to a Raiders game. I am not going to be there so I suppose my opinion doesn't really count that much on this matter but, it just seems wrong on a moral level. I can picture Weird Al smiling in his grave at the thought of it.

I would agree at most points in Chiefs history... but this transcends the Raiders or whoever we are playing. To me, the fact that it is a Raiders game is irrelevant. We don't have the luxury of thinking about anything other than the disastrous state of our own franchise.

Raiderhader 10-09-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997070)
I would agree at most points in Chiefs history... but this transcends the Raiders or whoever we are playing. To me, the fact that it is a Raiders game is irrelevant. We don't have the luxury of thinking about anything other than the disastrous state of our own franchise.


I'm just saying there has to be a better way to send the message. Everyone wearing the paper sacks or something. I don't know, I would not be able to pull it off if I were there. Thankfully I decided even before The Movement started I wasn't spending any more money on this team until changes were made, so I don't have to face that choice.

I'm not a real emotional person but, if this happens I might very well shed a couple of tears upon seeing it. I mean really, is this what we have been reduced to? Wearing black at a fucking Raiders game? :sulk:

AustinChief 10-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8997100)
I'm not a real emotional person but, if this happens I might very well shed a couple of tears upon seeing it. I mean really, is this what we have been reduced to? Wearing black at a fucking Raiders game? :sulk:

That's exactly the point... it is that sad that we can't even afford to properly hate the Raiders... we have to worry solely about ourselves. I think it is THAT bad. The Winston debacle has pushed me over the line. He needs to apologize to the fans or he needs to be run the **** out of town. The fact that the front office let him pull this shit and has done nothing... is disgusting.

Tribal Warfare 10-09-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997129)
That's exactly the point... it is that sad that we can't even afford to properly hate the Raiders... we have to worry solely about ourselves. I think it is THAT bad. The Winston debacle has pushed me over the line. He needs to apologize to the fans or he needs to be run the **** out of town. The fact that the front office let him pull this shit and has done nothing... is disgusting.

Welcome to BLACK SUNDAY

pr_capone 10-09-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 8996663)
This or something similar.

Maybe, "Show Lamar you care, Clark Saveourchiefs.com."

Just bitch slap him with his father's name.

No. This is exactly the kind of thing I will not fly. We are not taking personal jabs at anyone with this. We state either facts or we plead. We will not invoke his dead father's name unless it is related to a fact.

Tonka83 10-09-2012 08:11 PM

Just PayPal'd $25 (kcadrenalin)

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Raiderhader 10-09-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997129)
That's exactly the point... it is that sad that we can't even afford to properly hate the Raiders... we have to worry solely about ourselves. I think it is THAT bad. The Winston debacle has pushed me over the line. He needs to apologize to the fans or he needs to be run the **** out of town. The fact that the front office let him pull this shit and has done nothing... is disgusting.


I understand. I am in full blown war mode myself. I just think there has to be a better tactic. I mean, if fans are really to the point of doing this, then they should be at the point of having a REAL black out and leave the seats empty.

I don't know, I'll probably die a little on the inside that day but, as with every other let down in life I reckon I will find some way to cope with it. Where's the Wild Turkey?

pr_capone 10-09-2012 08:12 PM

How about making a left turn for a minute.

#74 YOU OWE US AN APOLOGY - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

This is something that the entire fan base could unite over.

pr_capone 10-09-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka83 (Post 8997176)
Just PayPal'd $25 (kcadrenalin)

Thanks and keep up the good work.

No, thank you.

In58men 10-09-2012 08:13 PM

What Would Lamar Do?

Raiderhader 10-09-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997180)
How about making a left turn for a minute.

#74 YOU OWE US AN APOLOGY - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

This is something that the entire fan base could unite over.

All for it.

Raiderhader 10-09-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8997184)
What Would Lamar Do?


Watch soccer.

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997170)
No. This is exactly the kind of thing I will not fly. We are not taking personal jabs at anyone with this. We state either facts or we plead. We will not invoke his dead father's name unless it is related to a fact.

Good move. The last thing we need to do is reinforce the myth that we are mean and nasty. I like these:

Are we better off than we were 4 years ago? Saveourchiefs.com
Patriot Way minus Tom Brady = Chiefs Losing --Saveourchiefs.com
We love our Chiefs too much to stay silent--Saveourchiefs.com


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.