ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Royals Repository, Part 3 *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293414)

BigCatDaddy 07-15-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11600899)
and that's what I thought

people thinking Duffy/Finnegan is anywhere close to what it'll take are just very naive

Take for both guys or just Cueto?

duncan_idaho 07-15-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

people thinking Duffy/Finnegan is anywhere close to what it'll take are just very naive

I'll be sure to pass that along to Royals team personnel. It wouldn't be enough for Cueto + Bruce, but it would be enough for Cueto according to what I've heard (that ball being in KC's court, too).

Hootie 07-15-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11600911)
I'll be sure to pass that along to Royals team personnel.

the mere fact that every Royals fan (who are SUPPOSED TO overrate their own prospects) is willing to trade Duffy and Finnegan for Cueto should tell you it's not even close ...

I mean ... it would take me approximately 0.03 seconds to say yes to that deal

I like Finnegan. I don't see any upside of him being a starter with his mechanics. They are the exact opposite of smooth. Hell, he reminds me a left-handed Aaron Crow.

Discuss Thrower 07-15-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11600917)
Hell, he reminds me a left-handed Aaron Crow.

Which, btw, someone remind Hamas that Aaron Crow only has two pitches.

srvy 07-15-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 11600831)
Yeah, pretty much the only reason he ever allows any runs is cause he walks so many people. He gives up almost as many walks as he does hits. In his career, he has allowed 142 walks and 150 hits in 290 innings. He has had two seasons where he gave up more walks than hits. All in all, he's allowed 4.7 hits per 9 innings in his career, which would be by far the best ever if he maintains that pace throughout his career. Nolan Ryan is the all-time leader in H/9 at 6.55.

I was going to comment on this also but I figured I would be ridiculed endlessly. The guy to me looks like could be a walk machine and an arm blow out about to happen. I know nothing of him I never follow much the NL.

duncan_idaho 07-15-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11600917)
the mere fact that every Royals fan (who are SUPPOSED TO overrate their own prospects) is willing to trade Duffy and Finnegan for Cueto should tell you it's not even close ...

I mean ... it would take me approximately 0.03 seconds to say yes to that deal

I like Finnegan. I don't see any upside of him being a starter with his mechanics. They are the exact opposite of smooth. Hell, he reminds me a left-handed Aaron Crow.

That proposal supposedly came from WKRP-ville, not the other way around.

blake5676 07-15-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

I'd say that is way more realistic than the garbage Dave Cameron wrote in that chat. I mean seriously....Mondesi AND the next best three??

There isn't a single metric in the world that would not make that the worlds worst overpay if we gave up Mondesi, Manaea, Zimmer and someone like Almonte. Give me a break.

You get Cueto for 15 starts max, and Bruce (whom I've always liked) for 1 year + and option year. So potentially 2 years, 25.5M.

GTFO. Dave Cameron would probably back track on that statement if challenged. At least I hope he would.

ROYC75 07-15-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11600738)
Having a lot of bat speed isn't a negative.

Providing you can maintain a balanced fluid swing, you are correct. But sometimes swinging too hard defeats the rational purpose of making contact.

duncan_idaho 07-15-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 11600982)
I'd say that is way more realistic than the garbage Dave Cameron wrote in that chat. I mean seriously....Mondesi AND the next best three??

There isn't a single metric in the world that would not make that the worlds worst overpay if we gave up Mondesi, Manaea, Zimmer and someone like Almonte. Give me a break.

You get Cueto for 15 starts max, and Bruce (whom I've always liked) for 1 year + and option year. So potentially 2 years, 25.5M.

GTFO. Dave Cameron would probably back track on that statement if challenged. At least I hope he would.

Yes, if the Royals gave up a top 25 prospect, two top 50 prospects with ToR upside, and a top 75 prospect, for a 1/3 season of an ace pitcher and 2.5 seasons of a good but not great offensive player, he would rip the Royals up one side and down another talking about all the lost years of control and value.

KChiefs1 07-15-2015 03:03 PM

When does Medlen get to KC?

duncan_idaho 07-15-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 11601046)
When does Medlen get to KC?

He was assigned to his rehab assignment on June 19, and those cannot last more than 30 days for a pitcher. So...

I think within the next week. He's scheduled to make a start for NWA tonight.

KChiefs1 07-15-2015 03:15 PM

On the inter webs they are speculating on next Tuesday.

Prison Bitch 07-15-2015 03:34 PM

1. Dave Cameron is a good writer but he hates the Royals and he's bitter that (1) GMDM shat on his critiques the past few years and (2) his beloved Mariners have the longest playoff drought now. Edit - maybe Toronto?

2. Reds can see if they can beat Duffy-Finnegan but I doubt they do. Either way they are 15.5 back and with Pittsburgh's recent run its already curtains for them in 2015. In 6 weeks call ups are on rosters. 6 weeks. They have about 10 days left to dump Cueto.

duncan_idaho 07-15-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11601142)
1. Dave Cameron is a good writer but he hates the Royals and he's bitter that (1) GMDM shat on his critiques the past few years and (2) his beloved Mariners have the longest playoff drought now. Edit - maybe Toronto?

2. Reds can see if they can beat Duffy-Finnegan but I doubt they do. Either way they are 15.5 back and with Pittsburgh's recent run its already curtains for them in 2015. In 6 weeks call ups are on rosters. 6 weeks. They have about 10 days left to dump Cueto.

Complete agreement.

If they're trying to compete for 2016, they're not going to get a pitcher from the Astros or the Blue Jays who is more MLB-ready for 2016 unless one of those teams does a ridiculous overpay (Aaron Sanchez or Daniel Norris for Blue Jays, Lance McCullers or Velasquez for the Astros).

KChiefs1 07-15-2015 03:40 PM

*** Official Royals Repository, Part 3 ***

J.J. Cooper on the Royals prospects:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...update-royals/

Quote:

As rewarding as last October was to the Royals and their fans, this spring and summer have been equally important for Kansas City.

Last fall’s run to the World Series was an epic reward for a generation of fans who had known nothing other than failure. But the 2015 season’s winning has proven that last fall was not a fluke. The Royals entered the all-star break with the best record in the American League.

Royals fans have responded to the team’s improvement. Not long ago, the Royals drew roughly 1.6 million fans in a season. This year Kansas City topped 1.4 million at the all-star break.

Until the final weeks of the all-star voting, the Royals threatened to field the AL’s entire starting lineup. It would seem inconceivable to any Royals fan of just a few years ago, but suddenly the club was the bully of the AL.

If Kansas City is going to make another deep run in the playoffs, it still needs help. The rotation has been rendered less important by an outstanding bullpen led by Wade Davis’ inexplicable 0.24 ERA, but the Royals do not have a playoff-caliber rotation. Second baseman Omar Infante has a sub-.550 OPS, and with Alex Gordon out for as many as two months, the club also is thin in the outfield.

The question will quickly become how much the Royals are willing to pay. On one hand, this window will only be open for so long, as a small-revenue team will at some point run out of money to pay this group as they all reach arbitration and free agency. So it makes sense to act now while the opportunity to win exists.

But the Royals also will need the farm system to bring up another wave of inexpensive players if they do want to keep this window open. And with the new restrictions on draft spending and the Royals suddenly finding themselves picking late in the draft, it’s not as easy to replenish the farm system.

MIDSEASON TOP 10

1. Raul Adalberto Mondesi, ss

Tight hamstrings have lead to a tight back which has led to him missing six weeks over two separate disabled-list stints. The Royals have promoted Mondesi aggressively which has never allowed his plate discipline to catch up to his tools, but he’s a physical shortstop with range, speed and power, and he’s still just 20 years old.