ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

kstater 02-09-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8361835)
West Virginia will be almost exactly what Mizzou was.

I think they'll win a league title within 40 years.

ArrowheadMagic 02-09-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8361899)
I think they'll win a league title within 40 years.

lol Mizzou is a football school after all.

ArrowheadMagic 02-09-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8361880)
I doubt that. Mizzou's exit fees are not going to be anywhere near the 20 million dollar settlement that the article talks about it. Would be surprised if each school wound up paying 6 million. Nebraska paid what, 6.3 million or something like that?

Big XII could push for more money than NU paid, but they wont, the combined settlement will equal what it takes to get WVA. Which benefits everyone.

There is a future I can see that Virginia replaces Louisville. Va Tech, VA, Clemson, FSU, and Miami... with BYU... are the ending point with what the BIG XII ends up being.

mnchiefsguy 02-09-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8361920)
Big XII could push for more money than NU paid, but they wont, the combined settlement will equal what it takes to get WVA. Which benefits everyone.

There is a future I can see that Virginia replaces Louisville. Va Tech, VA, Clemson, FSU, and Miami... with BYU... are the ending point with what the BIG XII ends up being.

Not sure if you are meaning WVU here or not. I do not see any scenario where Virginia leaves the ACC.

Saul Good 02-09-2012 07:03 PM

Keep not caring about Mizzou, guys.

ArrowheadMagic 02-09-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8361924)
Not sure if you are meaning WVU here or not. I do not see any scenario where Virginia leaves the ACC.

Yeah, mean Virginia. Academia at Virginia will be a tough sell. But Va Tech is joined at the hip.

ArrowheadMagic 02-09-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8361936)
Keep not caring about Mizzou, guys.

Its fun to see you guys explain how you're a football school. While making fun of more established programs... like Arkansas and West Virginia.

eazyb81 02-09-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

What strong hallucinogenic are you on when you see this future? PCP?

Frazod 02-09-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8361888)
so they will be a good replacement for both the aggies and mizzou? No Big xII championships.

Hi cockchugger! You were strangely absent when Missouri beat Oklahoma a couple of nights ago.

Saul Good 02-09-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Mizzou will likely pay less than Nebraska. We left a broken league with only nine teams. We signed an agreement to be in a league with a specific twelve teams.

Then, Neinas was dumb enough to trash Mizzou on multiple occasions when we had said nothing other than we are proud members of the Big XII. Mike Alden and Brady Deaton just sat there and let Neinas push us out the door. Mizzou will likely start negotiating from the position that the conference acted against us and that no exit fees are owed. Nebraska's fees are the ceiling.

eazyb81 02-09-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8361888)
so they will be a good replacement for both the aggies and mizzou? No Big xII championships.

If that's all you cared about you could have added Northwest Missouri State for a lot less trouble.

Of course NWMSU probably offers more academic prestige.

Saul Good 02-09-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8361952)
If that's all you cared about you could have added Northwest Missouri State for a lot less trouble.

Of course NWMSU probably offers more academic prestige.

And a better television market.

duncan_idaho 02-09-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

ROFLROFLROFL

If Va. Tech goes anywhere, it will be to the SEC.

If Virginia goes anywhere, it will be to the Big Ten.

Louisville is the most likely and logical target.

FSU, Clemson and Miami might make some sense, but right now those three can dominate a league that isn't going ANYWHERE in football. Why leave? (Outside of the EXTREME geographic outlay).

ArrowheadMagic 02-09-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8361949)
Hi cockchugger! You were strangely absent when Missouri beat Oklahoma a couple of nights ago.

Watching the game, didnt think it was a sport that mattered? We are a couple of Kruger classes away from being where we should be. OU basketball is still better than MU football.

Frazod 02-09-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8361964)
Watching the game, didnt think it was a sport that mattered? We are a couple of Kruger classes away from being where we should be. OU basketball is still better than MU football.

It's a shame, people were actually talking about Oklahoma (not State) in the present tense. Sorry you missed it.

Although I'm sure your bitch ass would have been here instantly had they won.