ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is YES! YES! YES! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282865)

Reaper16 04-08-2014 09:58 AM

Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!

Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

teedubya 04-08-2014 09:59 AM

I feel a great disturbance in the force... like a famous wrestler is going to die today or something.

keg in kc 04-08-2014 10:00 AM

Yeah. It's time.

Although I think the new era lasts until August 1, when Guardians of the Galaxy premieres and they do something major with Batista to feed off it. This is what, two weeks before summerslam? I'm still skeptical that they really do follow through with the Bryan/Lesnar plan.

TLO 04-08-2014 10:00 AM

YES! YES! YES!

cosmo20002 04-08-2014 10:01 AM

Does Baron Von Rashke have any matches coming up?

Pasta Little Brioni 04-08-2014 10:02 AM

Let's all get Wrasslers names again

Mother****erJones 04-08-2014 10:03 AM

Welcome to the Silverdome brother!!! Haha stfu Hogan

chiefscafan 04-08-2014 10:03 AM

I loved raw the crowd was amazing and the surprises were great not predictive at all

chiefscafan 04-08-2014 10:11 AM

Love hogan but when paul heyman called him out was hillarious sure hogan wasn't happy

Reaper16 04-08-2014 10:12 AM

I wish God Heyman were my real dad.

loochy 04-08-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10548026)
Let's all get Wrasslers names again

I'm the Ultimate Warrior!

(who still has a bad habit of rambling on, btw)

cosmo20002 04-08-2014 10:23 AM

Baron Von Rashke!

No wait...Mad Dog Vachon. I'm Mad Dog Vachon.

otherstar 04-08-2014 01:29 PM

Bulldog Bob Brown!

BigMeatballDave 04-08-2014 01:36 PM

I'm still amazed that adults watch this.

I haven't watched this crap with interest since HS.

BlackHelicopters 04-08-2014 01:39 PM

In.

Mecca 04-08-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10548397)

It's an athletic TV show, big deal. That's like bitching that people go watch super hero movies.

listopencil 04-08-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Dayze 04-08-2014 02:02 PM

I always wondered what the "Cha la la la" thing was in the thread title of the previous one.

ILChief 04-08-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10548443)
I always wondered what the "Cha la la la" thing was in the thread title of the previous one.

Fan-dan-go

Mr. Arrowhead 04-08-2014 02:07 PM

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2...-15.gif?w=1000

loochy 04-08-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10548452)

LOL yeah i saw that guy after taker lost

lmao

loochy 04-08-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

you remind me of the people that go into soccer threads and complain about soccer sucking

:thumb:

BigCatDaddy 04-08-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Thanks Dipshit Dave. Now GTFO bitch.

Swanman 04-08-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

You now earned the name XPac

Strongside 04-08-2014 03:35 PM

I'm not a WWE fan. Used to be. But I must admit, I had free suite tickets to see Smackdown a few months back at the Sprint Center and it was legitimately the most entertaining thing I've ever seen there. Hilarity and genuine athleticism. I know it's entertainment and show, but there's no way that shit doesn't destroy those guys' bodies.

Sfeihc 04-08-2014 03:36 PM

I am the "Polish Power" Ivan Putski.

CoMoChief 04-08-2014 03:39 PM

Used to watch it religiously in HS. That's when it was actually fun to watch with the Monday night wars. That's why wrestling sucks now ...WWE doesn't have to compete with anyone they can throw out the old Cena horse and they'll ride it til it falls over and dies. No legitimate star power in that biz anymore. It's like the moron who buys Madden every yr expecting it to change but with their NFL rights it's the only game to buy so you're stuck with crap.

Reaper16 04-08-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10548642)
Used to watch it religiously in HS. That's when it was actually fun to watch with the Monday night wars. That's why wrestling sucks now ...WWE doesn't have to compete with anyone they can throw out the old Cena horse and they'll ride it til it falls over and dies. No legitimate star power in that biz anymore. It's like the moron who buys Madden every yr expecting it to change but with their NFL rights it's the only game to buy so you're stuck with crap.

WWE has more legit talent right now than it ever has.

Sassy Squatch 04-08-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10548653)

Yeah I can agree there. It isn't the most entertaining its ever been but the talent level is unreal ATM

Jamie 04-08-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10548642)

An underrated aspect of the competition with WCW was that it cleared the older guys out of WWF and left room for new stars to grow.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-08-2014 07:28 PM

Questions: What are the feelings towards 1) the streak ending 2) a part-time attraction being the one to end it?

loochy 04-08-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10549158)
Questions: What are the feelings towards 1) the streak ending 2) a part-time attraction being the one to end it?

1. I'm glad it's over. Dude can't even handle wrestling once a year anymore. Plus, the fan reactions were great.

2. Brock was a puzzling decision.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-08-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10549183)
1. I'm glad it's over. Dude can't even handle wrestling once a year anymore. Plus, the fan reactions were great.

2. Brock was a puzzling decision.

So, the general POV that you should leave on your back still applies to UT at WM? Interesting. Thanks.

keg in kc 04-08-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10549158)

I think it was fine if that's how taker wanted to go out (and it apparently was), and I think if they play their cards right it could really turn Lesnar into a huge draw. It was basically a one-night fix-all to the way they wasted him for however much time he's been back (losing to basically everybody).

If I were in charge, I'd say he shouldn't lose at all to anybody (period) at least until next year's Wrestlemania, make him into the monster that he should be. He's pretty much the only legitimately scary guy on the roster at this point, as in somebody who's a wild card who could injure somebody (in story) at any time. Let Paul do all the talking, and let him just squash people. Then, finally, use him to put over somebody in a huge way next year (or even sometime later).

Basically, I think you can get more out of him (as a part-timer) than you could have ever gotten out of taker, assuming taker could ever even get in the ring again.

Although, in the end, I suspect they're just going to build toward Brock/Rock as has been rumored.

I'm not sure Bryan should be losing anytime soon, so I'd keep him away from Lesnar. Long term, maybe Lesnar can help him get to even another level (talk about the ultimate underdog match).

Also the potential of cesaro, I think. Paul Heyman gives a sort of built-in rivalry potential there. Although I really think that's more about giving Heyman something to do while Brock is gone. But you could ultimately use that as a platform to break Cesaro off from Heyman and potentially turn him into a megastar face.

Sassy Squatch 04-08-2014 07:45 PM

Don't get the opposition to it being Brock. He desperately needed to look like a badass again and that did it. If he was a once a year part timer I would understand but he will be around for all of the big PPVs at least.

ILChief 04-08-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10548653)

Ziggler is the man. Wish he wasn't always in the doghouse

Sassy Squatch 04-08-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10549216)
I think it was fine if that's how taker wanted to go out (and it apparently was), and I think if they play their cards right it could really turn Lesnar into a huge draw. It was basically a one-night fix-all to the way they wasted him for however much time he's been back (losing to basically everybody).

If I were in charge, I'd say he shouldn't lose at all to anybody (period) at least until next year's Wrestlemania, make him into the monster that he should be. He's pretty much the only legitimately scary guy on the roster at this point, as in somebody who's a wild card who could injure somebody (in story) at any time. Let Paul do all the talking, and let him just squash people. Then, finally, use him to put over somebody in a huge way next year (or even sometime later).

Basically, I think you can get more out of him (as a part-timer) than you could have ever gotten out of taker, assuming taker could ever even get in the ring again.

Although, in the end, I suspect they're just going to build toward Brock/Rock as has been rumored.

I'm not sure Bryan should be losing anytime soon, so I'd keep him away from Lesnar. Long term, maybe Lesnar can help him get to even another level (talk about the ultimate underdog match).

Also the potential of cesaro, I think. Paul Heyman gives a sort of built-in rivalry potential there. Although I really think that's more about giving Heyman something to do while Brock is gone. But you could ultimately use that as a platform to break Cesaro off from Heyman and potentially turn him into a megastar face.

Or what you said. That works too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-08-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10549216)

So, booking wise, would you be ok with them to build to Rock v. Brock at WM XXXI and give the rub to Rocky, or do you make someone a transitional champion late in the year, have Lesnar destroy them, and then have Bryan win the title, as opposed to just defending it, at next year's WM?

keg in kc 04-08-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10549236)
So, booking wise, would you be ok with them to build to Rock v. Brock at WM XXXI and give the rub to Rocky, or do you make someone a transitional champion late in the year, have Lesnar destroy them, and then have Bryan win the title, as opposed to just defending it, at next year's WM?

Rock can't go over in that situation. Has to be Lesnar. And I'd make it non-title, although I'm not sure how you keep Lesnar out of the title picture. But those two wouldn't need a title to draw.

My problem right now is coming up with a good way to get the title off of Bryan without killing his momentum, which I think is still going to be fragile. This is WWE we're talking about, would anybody really be shocked if they just destroyed him at or after summerslam and dumped him back to the midcard...

(Hope they don't, but we've seen it a thousand times before...)

My fear is that it ends up on Batista round about the time that Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters (august 1 - two weeks before summerslam).

Sassy Squatch 04-08-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10549236)

Brock vs Rock is FINA as long as the championship is far away from it.

Sassy Squatch 04-08-2014 07:55 PM

But if they really want Reigns to carry the company into the future he should be the one to beat Brock.

loochy 04-08-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10549213)
So, the general POV that you should leave on your back still applies to UT at WM? Interesting. Thanks.

No, just my POV

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10549282)
Rock can't go over in that situation. Has to be Lesnar. And I'd make it non-title, although I'm not sure how you keep Lesnar out of the title picture. But those two wouldn't need a title to draw.

My problem right now is coming up with a good way to get the title off of Bryan without killing his momentum, which I think is still going to be fragile. This is WWE we're talking about, would anybody really be shocked if they just destroyed him at or after summerslam and dumped him back to the midcard...

(Hope they don't, but we've seen it a thousand times before...)

My fear is that it ends up on Batista round about the time that Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters (august 1 - two weeks before summerslam).

If you've been watching you know that won't happen.

The more they 'bury' Bryan (and there has been very little of that over the past 2 years) the more the fans get behind him.

Sassy Squatch 04-08-2014 08:08 PM

Looks like Cesaro is playing the cowardly heel now.

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 08:15 PM

I wresled in high school. To me alstar wrestling is an insult to wrestling.

Fairplay 04-08-2014 08:39 PM

I'm in love with AJ she's so hot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-08-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10549459)

Funny that you say that. Many of my friends in HS wrestled in high school, a few in college, and they are some of the biggest fans I know.

WhiteWhale 04-08-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

The whole reason it's called professional wrestling is because when it started it was, in fact, a legit competitive sport. Now the WWE won't even call it wrestling, in spite of the word being in the company's name.

Reaper16 04-08-2014 08:58 PM

I've come around to the thinking that you'd have to be 100% SURE about a young talent actually sticking around long-term for The Streak rub to have been effective. Even guys like Reigns and Bray Wyatt aren't sure bets for long-term stardom yet. That's a lot of pressure to dump on someone.

Brock is a really good choice to have ended the streak because it can't hurt him. The boos aren't going hurt his career like they would a young guy who WWE hopes can be a main card babyface draw in the future.

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10549582)
Funny that you say that. Many of my friends in HS wrestled in high school, a few in college, and they are some of the biggest fans I know.

I don't understand that. Oh well.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-08-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

I wrestled growing up and was invited to wrestle freestyle with the Kansas All-stars in high school. Was offered a scholarship by a small D-1 school that I turned down to go try to walk onto a well known powerhouse program. ...that didn't work out for me. :)

Never the less I have no problem with the WWE. Watched WCW and WWF as a child and although I don't follow it as closely as I use to...I still enjoy it and am entertained in nights when I am able to catch it.

Hell, a lot of the athletes on wwe are ex college wrestlers and this is how they earn a paycheck now.

BigCatDaddy 04-08-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10549744)
I wrestled growing up and was invited to wrestle freestyle with the Kansas All-stars in high school. Was offered a scholarship by a small D-1 school that I turned down to go try to walk onto a well known powerhouse program. ...that didn't work out for me. :)

Never the less I have no problem with the WWE. Watched WCW and WWF as a child and although I don't follow it as closely as I use to...I still enjoy it and am entertained in nights when I am able to catch it.

<b>Hell, a lot of the athletes on wwe are ex college wrestlers and this is how they earn a paycheck now.</b>

One even won an Olympic gold medal.

loochy 04-08-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10549692)
I don't understand that. Oh well.

It's a show. Remove it from your brain that this is an actual sports event. It's a tv show with lots of incredible athletic stunts.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-08-2014 09:37 PM

This would be like some douche not liking Hollywood movies because he was in a high school play.

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10549908)
This would be like some douche not liking Hollywood movies because he was in a high school play.

WWE > real wrestling = High school drama > movie actor??????

Do you argue with yourself ? I'll bet you do.

Reaper16 04-08-2014 10:02 PM

Ultimate Warrior has passed away.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-w...-away-26223975

One night after appearing on RAW, dude is dead. This is truly bizarre.

58kcfan89 04-08-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10549972)

What. The. ****?

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 10:06 PM

I have no idea who this is.

Reaper16 04-08-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10549978)
I have no idea who this is.

How old are you?

loochy 04-08-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10549972)

What!? That can't be real

kcxiv 04-08-2014 10:12 PM

HIs hall of fame speech was definitely weird. Kind of like the end. I was sitting there like wow, this doesnt seem right!

They havent said how he died, I hope he didnt kill himself.

TimBone 04-08-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10549984)
HIs hall of fame speech was definitely weird. Kind of like the end. I was sitting there like wow, this doesnt seem right!

They havent said how he died, I hope he didnt kill himself.

You're gonna have to explain how it was weird.

58kcfan89 04-08-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10549987)

It was Warrior. By definition, it was weird.

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10549979)
How old are you?

54, but you do realize, I can't stand that shit.

loochy 04-08-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 10549992)
It was Warrior. By definition, it was weird.

This

Mother****erJones 04-08-2014 10:17 PM

Ahh ****

kcxiv 04-08-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10549987)

he went on talking abotu like 30 min, everyone else was like what 5-10 min? He kept bringing up how all he wanted was people to know he was a nice man and not some crazy guy. He kind of went on and on about that aspect. Hell even Scott Hall who had WAY WAY more to talk about from his fall and him getting his life back together just kept it short and sweet and i heard that dude was an asshole. lol

kcxiv 04-08-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10549994)
54, but you do realize, I can't stand that shit.

So why even post in the thread? you wanted to know who the dude was Google will let you know EVERYTHING. Unless your just trolling. Probably that.

Mother****erJones 04-08-2014 10:19 PM

Man, white sox win 15-3 and this happens. ****

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10550003)
So why even post in the thread? you wanted to know who the dude was Google will let you know EVERYTHING. Unless your just trolling. Probably that.

Don't really know what trolling means. I was asked a question. I don't know the guy. And I don't even know why I'm in this thread.

loochy 04-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10550001)
he went on talking abotu like 30 min, everyone else was like what 5-10 min? He kept bringing up how all he wanted was people to know he was a nice man and not some crazy guy. He kind of went on and on about that aspect. Hell even Scott Hall who had WAY WAY more to talk about from his fall and him getting his life back together just kept it short and sweet and i heard that dude was an asshole. lol

Have you seen any of his webcasts? Did you see his promos in wcw? He is known gor rambling on forever like that.

loochy 04-08-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 10550009)
Don't really know what trolling means. I was asked a question. I don't know the guy. And I don't even know why I'm in this thread.

It's exactly what you are doing now.

TimeForWasp 04-08-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10550015)
It's exactly what you are doing now.

K bye

BigCatDaddy 04-08-2014 10:29 PM

I can't imagine that it was natural causes given the timing of all of this.

Mother****erJones 04-08-2014 10:30 PM

R.I.P James Hellwig

kcxiv 04-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10550011)
Have you seen any of his webcasts? Did you see his promos in wcw? He is known gor rambling on forever like that.

WHatever, i guess, still seem'ed off to me while watching it. I almost cringed a few times. Loved him as a wrestler as a kid.

RIP Warrior.

also, i never seen his webcasts. I dont follow anyting wrestling anymore. Well until i seen Scott Hall was being inducted, so i watched that and Wrestlemania. I was/am a huge fan of Hall.

tk13 04-08-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10550011)

Some of the best videos on YouTube are Ultimate Warrior speeches from the 80's.

CoMoChief 04-08-2014 10:31 PM

What...the .....****?

Warrior died? Just saw this on Facebook. This true?

LiveSteam 04-08-2014 10:31 PM

I'll take the Ultimate Warrior for $500 Alex

Dead at 54
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/pro-wre...ry?id=23250160

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ffXJodvm66E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 04-08-2014 10:32 PM

QQ in rassling thread. lol