ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LARRY JOHNSON IS DONE!!!... THANKS CARL!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191564)

Robo-Chachi 09-14-2008 03:33 PM

Larry will get a "head trauma" next week.

Halfcan 09-14-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5017505)
Hindsight is 20/20 if you were in favor of resigning him when they did you really can't bitch cause that means you'd have done the same thing.

Mecca predicted the decline of Pampers long before this thread. Seems he nailed it.

Silock 09-14-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5017670)
I wonder if you felt this way when we was gaining 1,700 yards and 20 TDs per year. Just curious.

I didn't feel this way. However, at the time, he was running with heart and determination. He's definitely not doing that now.

Here's the key reason I don't like him any more:

Look at Tony Gonzalez. He's out there working his ASS off, every single down. He's on the downside of his career and can't have too many more years left in him. But he's still working hard, even if it's with the 3rd string QB.

LJ? Just acts pathetic.

**** a bunch of LJ.

DJJasonp 09-14-2008 04:04 PM

the only person who has ruined LJ....is LJ.

He got his money....and he will NEVER run like he did 2 years ago again.

So many times I've seen him lower his head, run into the backs of the o-linemen...meanwhile, he has clear skies if he bounced it outside. His vision has diminished so much it's sad....which, in my mind...since he used to have great vision...is a direct reflection upon his attitude...which apparently sucks.

FAX 09-14-2008 04:08 PM

Wow. LJ was just interviewed and was talking about leaving the Chiefs. "Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL."

FAX

Bwana 09-14-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triple (Post 5018147)
this franchise made a huge mistake in giving larry johnson that big contract

The sun sets in the west.

redbrian 09-14-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5017736)
Not now, LJ isn't worth crap. Last year there was an NFL-wide rumor that Dallas was prepared to give us one of their 1sts + an established RB whose name escapes me now. Rumor of course, but such rumors usually come true when other teams are involved. The said RB, btw, had a better season than LJ last year.

Oh I think it must of been true.....a 1st and a stud running back........who wouldn't make that trade.......happens every day in the NFL..

tk13 09-14-2008 04:21 PM

Most people would've rioted had they not signed LJ at the time. There were very few people, fans or analysts, who thought we shouldn't do it.

But that's the pickle you end up with. Now nobody's gonna give up anything of value for him... yet if we do dump him for peanuts, he's probably gonna go play behind a better line, be more aggressive again, and look like 2005 LJ.

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 04:23 PM

LJ i think can still be a good RB, we have no offensive line or offensive direction....plus his attitude sucks ass and he ran over 400 times the year before last.

Herm basically has ruined the chiefs with his butt buddy carl

dj56dt58 09-14-2008 04:36 PM

Why was Charles/Smith in for the last few drives? Did we bench his ass or is he hurt?

Silock 09-14-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 5018467)
Why was Charles/Smith in for the last few drives? Did we bench his ass or is he hurt?

Probably because they're better blockers. Notice he was in on the 2 pt. conversion.

irishjayhawk 09-14-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5017900)
Me 2. Correction, I don't gloat. I have a sick feeling of helplessness and frustration about it in my gut.

Yeah, a more accurate description to how I feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5017899)
I said that too, anyone saying that took alot of abuse at the time.

Yep. Interestingly, the next season they (friends) all magically said they were all for trading him.

aturnis 09-14-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5017484)
Done by the over-use of two years ago followed by the big contract of last year. He is a fat cat who has no heart and does the very minimum of what he is supposed to do.

Sorry Frankie, nothing personal, but this is idiotic. The play calling is bad enough. The same 3 running plays called EVERY time LJ gets the ball. Kind of easy to defend especially when Damion MacIntosh and Adrian Jones are the blockers you for some odd reason, prefer to run behind.

If Herm had ANY sense, Mac would not be playing. I don't know if you've watched the line, but Mac gets beat just about every passing down. You notice those guys who run around after the quarterback BEHIND the offensive line? Those guys usually come through Jones and Mac.

You noticed all the holes in that side of the line when we run it there over and over and over and over? Neither do I. They don't exist.

Remember when LJ used to run outside the tackles? Like sweeps and shit? Yeah, I don't think he even gets a chance to do that anymore.

Not defending LJ, but the play calling is dreadful.

Coach 09-14-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 5018384)
Most people would've rioted had they not signed LJ at the time. There were very few people, fans or analysts, who thought we shouldn't do it.

But that's the pickle you end up with. Now nobody's gonna give up anything of value for him... yet if we do dump him for peanuts, he's probably gonna go play behind a better line, be more aggressive again, and look like 2005 LJ.

He won't. He'll never be the same after the infamous 416 carries. There's evidence that backs that up, that if you break the NFL single-season rushing attempts, you won't be good again, except if you are Eric Dickerson, and to an extent, Emmitt Smith.

gblowfish 09-14-2008 06:00 PM

LJ will act now the same way Randy Moss acted when he was in Oakland. Be a pain in the ass and mope till you get traded.