ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** OFFICIAL 2013 NHL PLAYOFF THREAD *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272608)

Rams Fan 06-30-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9784962)
The Edmonton big wigs look pissed.

Reading a thread on HF, supposedly Oilers offered:

Quote:

Oilers offered 7th + 2nd + top prospect

Predarat 07-02-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9784920)
Seth Jones goes #4. Wouldn't have called that one.

Neither did I, I was thinking Barkov or Druins. After the draft lottery he was supposed to go #1.

DaFace 07-02-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9788559)
Neither did I, I was thinking Barkov or Druins. After the draft lottery he was supposed to go #1.

Yeah, you guys got quite a steal. I just hope the Avs don't end up regretting passing on him. We need defense...

NJChiefsFan 07-02-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9784954)
Whoa - Corey Schneider traded to NJ for the #9 pick.

I certainly wasn't expecting that. I did have hopes for Wedgewood/Kinkaid coming up from the minors to replace Brodeur but this is a much better plan. Sucks it comes at the expense of giving up a top forward that we really could have used with that pick, but I am still really excited about this. That is, assuming we lock him up long-term.

KC_Lee 07-03-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9788559)

When I heard the Preds to Jones at 4 my heart sank a bit. The Preds a high draft picks on blue liners is like the Chiefs and high draft picks on D or O linemen.

But then I remembered that we got Filip Forsberg in the Erat & Latta trade last year. So we got that going for us.

May not make any difference since Trotz will continue to play the Dump & Chance offense.

Predarat 07-03-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9788622)
Yeah, you guys got quite a steal. I just hope the Avs don't end up regretting passing on him. We need defense...

Thats what I thought too, they have Eric Johnson, but that is like having a first round safety that constantly gets burned.

Predarat 07-03-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9790034)
When I heard the Preds to Jones at 4 my heart sank a bit. The Preds a high draft picks on blue liners is like the Chiefs and high draft picks on D or O linemen.

But then I remembered that we got Filip Forsberg in the Erat & Latta trade last year. So we got that going for us.

May not make any difference since Trotz will continue to play the Dump & Chance offense.

That is true, even if they got a high octane forward, he would be ruined by Trotz.

The Poz 07-04-2013 12:36 PM

Big trade in the works.

"TSN's Darren Dreger is reporting that Dallas and Boston are talking about a monster trade which could see Loui Eriksson head to the Bruins and Tyler Seguin go to the Stars.
He said "other parts involved as well" and the deal could be close to happening. Stay tuned to see how this develops
."

In other news, my brother in law just re-upped with the Flames for another 2 years.

The Poz 07-04-2013 01:12 PM

Seguin, Peverly and Button to Stars. For Eriksson, J.Morrow R.Smith and Matt Fraser.

NJChiefsFan 07-05-2013 12:51 AM

Guess the Bruins had enough of Seguin's attitude.

The Poz 07-05-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9793380)
Guess the Bruins had enough of Seguin's attitude.

Not showing up in the playoffs except for in the clubs.

Predarat 07-08-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9794487)
Not showing up in the playoffs except for in the clubs.

Glad BigErn got his deal in Calgary, wish he was still in Nashville, Trotz is just terrible with both pure scorers and enforcers.

The Poz 07-08-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9798160)
Glad BigErn got his deal in Calgary, wish he was still in Nashville, Trotz is just terrible with both pure scorers and enforcers.

Thanks. He and my sis are very excited. They love Calgary. Only problem is that they'll probably be playing their first few months in Saskatoon due to the flood damage.