ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jadeveon Clowney should lawyer up, challenge nonsensical 'three-years-out' rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269998)

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9404681)
I know. I was answering DJ's post though. Even if we picked 2nd again next year I wouldn't want to trade up for him for those same reasons. Not worth it.

Yeah - definitely not worth it to trade some picks for an absolute monster like Clowney when your 1st round pick resume (5 of them top-10 selections) is Blaine Gabbert, Tyson Alualu, Eugene Monroe, Derrick Harvey, Reggie Nelson, Mercedes Lewis, Matt Jones, and Reggie Williams.

:spock:

ForeverChiefs58 02-15-2013 07:26 AM

The guy wears #7, but is not a QB, so put me on the no list.

He is a monster, but the Chiefs need to find a monster at QB. This year that monster wears #12, not #7.

Clowney is very impressive though
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gC44nP7ClxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TsrBdnLV6Og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jrDGmnQXLgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup 02-15-2013 08:04 AM

Yawn. It didn't work for any of the others that have challenged the rule. Just stay in school.

Dave Lane 02-15-2013 08:35 AM

Would you trade 1.1 with the Raiders IF they offered 3 1sts and 2 conditional 2nds?

Molitoth 02-15-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9404883)
Would you trade 1.1 with the Raiders IF they offered 3 1sts and 2 conditional 2nds?

to move from 1.1 to 1.3 AND get 2more Raider firsts (which means they should be high picks) and a possible 2 more #2's?

Actually, I would do that. If the Raiders take Geno, I don't think the Jags would give up on Gabbert yet, so Wilson should be available. If the Jags took Wilson then I would still be willing to give Barkley a shot at #3.

Yeah, I would do that.

I don't think the Raiders are that stupid though. Keep in mind Al Davis is dead and they have a new FO. They already have multiple draft picks in Palmer as well, so I can see them riding him for at least 1 more year if not 2.

KChiefer 02-15-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9404883)

Do they even have any picks left from the Palmer trade? I see your point though, they've proven dumb enough to sell their future for 1 guy.

the Talking Can 02-15-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9403521)
Once you trade down you lose control of your own destiny. The entire reason why the #1 overall pick is so desirable is precisely because you control the narrative of the entire draft. You don't have to consider contingencies, reaches, or runs on players, you spot your guy and you take it.

Furthermore, while Jadeveon Clowney is a great prospect, he can't add more value to a team than a quarterback can.

I realize that the situation discussed is working a trade with Jacksonville, but unless they are run by the fools who got fired from Cleveland, why would they possibly bite on that trade offer? It's Maddenesque bullshit.

I also realize that the equation in question is Clowney+ second round QB or journeyman, or potential 2014 QB vs. Geno Smith+2014 pick, but people are seriously ignoring the importance of draft experts creating narratives to ensure and garner interest.

Griffin went from a top 5 pick but decided #2 overall to QB to "Hey, maybe he's better than Luck" last year precisely for this reason.

Cam Newton was eviscerated as a prospect in 2011 to ensure the lack of available consensus. The same thing happened when Detroit was supposedly negotiating with Curry over Stafford.

Realize where you exist in space. Every #1 overall's stock is never lower than it is in this period, because if it wasn't, there'd be nothing to talk about.

All of that also ignores the fact that this has the same possibility of happening as someone injecting stem cells into Lawrence Taylor to reverse the aging process, thus making him eligible for this draft. Clowney is not going to declare for the draft. It's a pointless argument.

At the end, the equation is this simple: Even a great pass rusher is, at best, a closer. a quarterback is a starting pitcher. He makes a greater material impact on the game, and a 5% difference in QB is far more important than a 25% difference in DE.

i want you to have sex with me

Setsuna 02-15-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9404797)
Yeah - definitely not worth it to trade some picks for an absolute monster like Clowney when your 1st round pick resume (5 of them top-10 selections) is Blaine Gabbert, Tyson Alualu, Eugene Monroe, Derrick Harvey, Reggie Nelson, Mercedes Lewis, Matt Jones, and Reggie Williams.

:spock:

I don't care. And Reggie Nelson is better than what we have right now anyway. His first year he was a beast but after we changed DC's he sucked. He was in the wrong scheme doing the wrong things and nullified what he was great at. So no you're wrong there buddy. BTW Gator fan =! Jags fan. So you actually don't know shit on this subject matter despite you thinking you know EVERYTHING on the face of the planet.

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9405597)
I don't care. And Reggie Nelson is better than what we have right now anyway. His first year he was a beast but after we changed DC's he sucked. He was in the wrong scheme doing the wrong things and nullified what he was great at. So no you're wrong there buddy. BTW Gator fan =! Jags fan. So you actually don't know shit on this subject matter despite you thinking you know EVERYTHING on the face of the planet.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2D90XDwlTD...illy+Goose.jpg

htismaqe 02-15-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9403479)
Going Bosschief on us :)

I don't get very many chances, I'm hardly ever right! :D

gochiefss 02-15-2013 04:05 PM

clowney, poe, dorsey, hali

houston, dj, barnett

flowers, berry, matt elam, drc

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9405888)
clowney, poe, dorsey, hali

houston, dj, barnett

flowers, berry, matt elam, drc

And no Super Bowls for any of them.

Yay!

DJ's left nut 02-15-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405902)
And no Super Bowls for any of them.

Yay!

You really are awful at trying to project trends of any sort, for whatever that's worth.

In 3 years when the rules have made even mediocre QBs capable of throwing for 3,800 yds and everyone's chasing pass rushers, you're going to be on the other side of this argument.

You're a weather-vane that doesn't generally have a salient thought at all until someone feeds it to you. The extent of your 'insight' is to parrot PFF and even that is just more of you peddling someone else's work. You simply jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. The next time you're ahead of the curve will be the first.

I'm not sure why anyone bothers to take you seriously. Ever.

The reality is this: The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of Geno Smith never winning a SB either. Try to bring something more to the table than mindlessly pounding a table.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 04:27 PM

I'm not sure WTF you're talking about. I was WAY out in front of ***** and Cassel crashing and burning. I got shit from homers for over a YEAR.

Mediocre QBs aren't about to start winning SBs, let's be real.

DJ's left nut 02-15-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405924)
I'm not sure WTF you're talking about. I was WAY out in front of ***** and Cassel crashing and burning.

No, you were not. You were sucking both of their dicks until 2011, at which point it was obvious to anyone paying attention that these guys sucked bawls.

Hamas was out in front, Dane was out in front. Hell, I was out in front.

You were, at best, in the latter 1/3 of converts. Just as you were with Larry Johnson and Herm Edwards and every other piece of shit that has been lousy from day one, only to see you wait until year 2 to see the light.