ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet What annoys the hell out of you about CP? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268073)

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9243118)
Repost!! I started a thread on this subject back on Oct 18, 2003. Mods can you please combine this with the original? Thanks

Posts like this really bug the **** out of me.

Bugeater 12-27-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9243110)
Kill yourself.

That's the type of behavior that drove some fine posters away over the years. Can we please be more civilized?

xoxo~
Bug

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-27-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9243125)
That's the type of behavior that drove some fine posters away over the years. Can we please be more civilized?

xoxo~
Bug

I see what you did there. Spot on.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-27-2012 12:49 AM

The editor of a local newspaper told me that studies (?) show the comic sans font is the most annoying font ever known to man. I agree with her.

Bugeater 12-27-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9243128)
The editor of a local newspaper told me that studies (?) show the comic sans font is the most annoying font ever known to man. I agree with her.

Somewhere, Simply Red weeps.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-27-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9243130)
Somewhere, Simply Red weeps.

Nothing against SR personally. But the font can go.

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 12:51 AM

NB4HOC

Tribal Warfare 12-27-2012 12:52 AM

When someone doesn't link a news article.

Bugeater 12-27-2012 12:52 AM

From here on out, I'm going to start posting exclusively in the Lucida Sans Unicode.

Bugeater 12-27-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9243133)
When someone doesn't link a news article.

Or when they post a link but not the story. **** copyright laws.

ClevelandBronco 12-27-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9243089)
...all the people who aren't FAX who insist on addressing other users as "Mr. username." That's a FAX thing... it's not your thing (unless you're actually FAX) and it's ****ing annoying and stupid when you do it...

There's one exception, IMHO. Mr. FAX should always be addressed as Mr. FAX.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-27-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9243139)
There's one exception, IMHO. Mr. FAX should always be addressed as Mr. FAX.

I can accept that. But Mr. ClevelandBronco as addressed by dumb**** non-FAX poster has to stop.

ClevelandBronco 12-27-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9243142)
I can accept that. But Mr. ClevelandBronco as addressed by dumb**** non-FAX poster has to stop.

They usually call me asshole, so it's not a real problem with me.

Canofbier 12-27-2012 12:59 AM

Just another Beerme thread.

Negative: Veteran posters get away with more bullshit than new ones do. I've never had a problem with it, but I've seen new posters with promise who are unneedingly ridiculed and end up never posting again. Likewise, I've seen veteran (or new but frequent) posters get away with saying some pretty stupid shit solely on the merit of their post count. Ultimately, I see this as a net-negative in the long-term health and growth of the community as a whole.

Positive: The moderation is awfully fair (although reasonable), and there are a lot of interesting topics and opinions that are allowed around here. If people are interesting in discussing it, the topic will stand. IMO, that's what makes this such a highly frequented forum. There's always something to talk about, and there's always someone to hold you accountable to what you say. To someone like me, this is a superior news site than many of the professional sources.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-27-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9243145)
They usually call me asshole, so it's not a real problem with me.

Granted I don't know that you and I have ever spoken before this... but you seem to be ok... as a fan of a rival team. There are a couple rival team fans here I like better than most Chiefs fans here. Listo, RnR, R8ters... all good people imo and less annoying than a number of Chiefs fans. I've seen your stuff, just don't really have an opinion either way, which means you never struck me as an ass or a troll. fwiw.