ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Matt Barkley doesn't resemble elite quarterback prospect in 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266955)

Rausch 11-22-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9141775)
So is Stanzi, apparantly...

We keep talking about our no 3 QB like that's a position worth talking about...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-22-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9141774)
surely there is a left tackle we can take #1

http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/..._b0af_b03b.png

aturnis 11-22-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141685)
It has.

He's $3it pretty much everywhere else that ugh...

Actually his lack of footwork, especially under pressure when it matters, is why he's so incredibly inaccurate...

Rausch 11-22-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9141783)

REDX...

jspchief 11-22-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141778)
We keep talking about our no 3 QB like that's a position worth talking about...

We have three #3 QBs.

Rausch 11-22-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9141813)
We have three #3 QBs.

Argument conceded...

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9141775)
So is Stanzi, apparantly...

Stanzi is garbage and has no place in this league.

Terrible QB.

Ace Gunner 11-22-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141617)
I'd rather have Landry freaking Jones than Matt Barkley.

At least Jones has some mobility.

Barkley has stone feet.

yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141629)
People who think Geno can't produce against good teams should go check out his ****ing 7 TD performance in last year's Orange Bowl.

I mean he only put up 70 points...

and yep

BossChief 11-22-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9141763)
Not a great year for qbs. Doesn't that figure.

We either go safe with Barkley. His ceiling is probably a borderline top 10 qb but I think he will be pretty much a sure thing. Or you go with geno who, sorry geno fans, is boom/bust. Much higher ceiling, but also major bust potential.

I still say we draft geno and use another early pick on a qb. Maybe someone like Glennon or Jordan Rodgers (later pick).

Ive heard you say this dumb shit a few times and its absolutely ridiculous.

What exactly gives Geno this "major bust potential"?

What is his "fatal flaw" that he needs to overcome and if he doesnt, he will bust?

KCFaninSEA 11-22-2012 02:51 PM

I still struggle with using a #1 or #2 overall pick on any of the QB's coming out this year. This team needs help in so many areas that spending a high pick like that on what could end up being a middle of the road QB is extremely dangerous. Yes, the need is there but this team needs leaders and studs not more average players that we spent high picks to get. Part of our problem has been passing on great talent to try and fill a whole and then have that player not be productive. This could be the same ol' song and dance if we are not careful.

Chief Roundup 11-22-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9141963)

Just like any other QB coming out. When you have a high ceiling and a low floor you have more potential to bust than a person with a higher floor.

crazycoffey 11-22-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9141767)

This is about your ability to evaluate QB talent.

ROFL

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

What is his "fatal flaw" that he needs to overcome and if he doesnt, he will bust?

Don't be an idiot. I am saying his upside is worth the risk. But only cp is trying to make the case that he is a perfectly unflawed qb. In most qb classes, he is tier 2.

If he is flawless as you try to paint him to be, there is no reason anybody should be debating him as the #1 pick in a lackluster qb class. Or why many nfl analysts are hesitant to put him there.

This place overreacts. I like him. But to pretend he isn't riskier than many #1 qbs is laughable.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

By the way... The last time you called me out for saying dumb shit was because I didn't hop on the bandwagon that we should hire a 60 year old offensive coordinator who just a year ago was pretty widely hated by educated steelers fans.

Chief Roundup 11-22-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9141967)
I still struggle with using a #1 or #2 overall pick on any of the QB's coming out this year. This team needs help in so many areas that spending a high pick like that on what could end up being a middle of the road QB is extremely dangerous. Yes, the need is there but this team needs leaders and studs not more average players that we spent high picks to get. Part of our problem has been passing on great talent to try and fill a whole and then have that player not be productive. This could be the same ol' song and dance if we are not careful.

You want to talk about extremely dangerous and same ol' song and dance.
I will tell you what is extremely dangerous. Not drafting a QB at the top of this draft. If the Chiefs don't draft a top guy and are mediocre at all with whatever veteran or some thing like that. The same ol' song and dance. Arrowhead will become a tax debt hole that will never be forgotten by the taxpayers of that area. Arrowhead will be an empty baron wasteland.

Even if it is a band-aid and doesn't work out the Chiefs FO have put themselves in a corner by their own design. They have no choice even if it turns out to be a "bust". It will save face with the fans.
You want them to do something different. If year 2 the 1st round QB isn't working and you can at all you draft another one. And don't give me this waste of talent BS either.