ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Flacco over Dorsey? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197593)

PastorMikH 11-30-2008 03:11 PM

Had we passed on Dorsey, we'd be banging our heads for the next 15 years thinking about why we passed on him. IMO, Dorsey with just about any DC who's team picked after us would turn Dorsey into a monster.

PastorMikH 11-30-2008 03:30 PM

FWIW, Thiggy's overall QB rating is just one point lower than Flacco. Since the bye, Thiggy's QB rating is higher than both Ryan and Flacco - (and both Mannings for that matter).

Since the bye - 93.22
Starts since the bye - 94.8

Keep doubting Thiggy.

Basileus777 11-30-2008 03:41 PM

Flacco wasn't in considering for a top 10 pick. He wasn't even a legitimate option where we picked without the benefit of hindsight.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2008 03:44 PM

**** no.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-30-2008 03:45 PM

Flacco instead of Brandon Albert is a better question. Seriously folks, I know everyone is stinging from Ryan Sims, but Dorsey is going to be a stud. Period.

Deberg_1990 01-09-2011 06:26 PM

Yes

Thig Lyfe 01-09-2011 06:28 PM

Nah. Rodgers over DJ, on the other hand...

chiefzilla1501 01-09-2011 06:28 PM

Absolutely not. Dorsey was a no-brainer pick. Hindsight is 20/20.

Let's see how Flacco does against a playoff defense first. Let's not forget that we're one year removed from Flacco throwing for only 34 yards against New England in the playoffs last year.

-King- 01-09-2011 06:58 PM

Revisionist history
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairplay 01-09-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7340650)

Let's see how Flacco does against a playoff defense first. Let's not forget that we're one year removed from Flacco throwing for only 34 yards against New England in the playoffs last year.

My eyesight is perfect in a hindsight 20/20 world.

grey redstar 01-09-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7340650)

If you remember Flacco was hurt in that game; we ran the ball a zillion times, and handed them their asses. And, as far as it goes we faced at least four playoff defenses during the season.

The Bad Guy 01-09-2011 07:03 PM

I still wouldn't take Flacco.

I'm just not a big fan.

He has great disposal of weapons in Baltimore. He came into a perfect situation with a dominating defense.

chiefzilla1501 01-09-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey redstar (Post 7340824)
If you remember Flacco was hurt in that game; we ran the ball a zillion times, and handed them their asses. And, as far as it goes we faced at least four playoff defenses during the season.

Just saying that even though he has a 4-2 playoff record, he's only played real solid football in two of those games: today against a bad Chiefs' D and last year against an average Colts' D. He was shaky against Miami and Tennessee and horrible against Pittsburgh.

Not counting him out. This could be the year he puts it together at the right time. But historically, he's been a below average playoff QB with a terrific supporting cast.

grey redstar 01-09-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7340844)
Just saying that even though he has a 4-2 playoff record, he's only played real solid football in two of those games: today against a bad Chiefs' D and last year against an average Colts' D. He was shaky against Miami and Tennessee and horrible against Pittsburgh.

Not counting him out. This could be the year he puts it together at the right time. But historically, he's been a below average playoff QB with a terrific supporting cast.

Not saying Flacco should have been picked over Dorsey, that makes no sense to me. Just trying to put your comment in perspetive. Out of the previous four playoff games, Flacco was playing hurt in two of them. He had a massive deep thigh contusion that had to drained before each game ( hate it when that happens), but granted he pretty much sucked. But, just think Rapistburger registered one of the worst performances by a winning QB when he won his first superbowl.

chiefzilla1501 01-09-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grey redstar (Post 7340885)
Not saying Flacco should have been picked over Dorsey, that makes no sense to me. Just trying to put your comment in perspetive. Out of the previous four playoff games, Flacco was playing hurt in two of them. He had a massive deep thigh contusion that had to drained before each game ( hate it when that happens), but granted he pretty much sucked. But, just think Rapistburger registered one of the worst performances by a winning QB when he won his first superbowl.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just more of a "show me before I believe it" guy. Not saying Flacco can't do it, just saying he hasn't yet.