ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

mr. tegu 04-09-2017 07:08 AM

Ken Harvey was definitely worth the price of admission.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-09-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12816259)

You're talking @ Community America right?

Al Bundy 04-09-2017 10:10 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb...143585014.html

Sure-Oz 04-09-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12816315)
You're talking @ Community America right?

The lone game I went to for the tbones years ago he left after an inning with an injury.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TLO 04-09-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12816259)

One of my earliest baseball memories is of Ken Harvey belting a walk of homer and Bob Davis on commentary saying, "DO YOU BELIEVE??", or something of that nature. I wish I could find video of that moment. :(

TLO 04-09-2017 11:42 AM

My favorite Ken Harvey memory was him being eaten by the tarp.

Prison Bitch 04-09-2017 01:31 PM

Btw Chiefspants it's "without further ado". You bid adieu.

It's nice seeing us come back late since that was sorta our reputation the last several years.

Three7s 04-09-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12816491)
One of my earliest baseball memories is of Ken Harvey belting a walk of homer and Bob Davis on commentary saying, "DO YOU BELIEVE??", or something of that nature. I wish I could find video of that moment. :(

Say what you will about the 2003 season, but that walk-off homer Harvey hit to get them to 9-0 was something I'll never forget.

duncan_idaho 04-10-2017 05:48 AM

Checking into a Royals thread for the first time since the season started ... weird to be doing this so late!

First series obviously was disappointing, almost as disappointing as Strahm's start to the season. But even despite the collapse by the pen yesterday, still nice to come back and win a series against a good team on the road, following that opening sweep by Minnesota.

I'm encouraged by the starting pitching so far... Duffy looks to be picking up where he left off last season, Vargas looked very vintage in frustrating a very good Astros lineup for six innings, and Karns was solid yesterday. Need a little more from Hammel and Kennedy, but they're pretty known quantities.

Been a long/tough week for me... moving into our new house + craziness at work + toddler twins makes for me having watched just one game start to finish so far.

Definitely ready to relax a little and watch some games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dartgod 04-10-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12816437)

Quote:

On the night of March 17, Duffy found himself in San Diego, preparing to start for the United States against the Dominican Republic at the World Baseball Classic. The game would be win-or-go-home, perhaps the most important start of his career. Duffy could barely control his nerves. But as he slept that night, he says, he found himself sitting in a car with Ventura.

The memory is a blur, as most dreams are. But Duffy can remember it all. Ventura is wearing dreadlocks, he says, extensions of the ones he had in the 2014 World Series. He is speaking perfect English, too. There is just enough time to ask a question or two.

“I was like: ‘Man, why did you have to leave us, dude?’ ” Duffy says.

The dream finishes in an instant. Ventura calls his friend “Papi.” He tells Duffy that he is in a better place. As he sits still in the car, he says: “I’ll always be with you.”

“And then I woke up,” Duffy says. “It was like weird. I’ve never had a calmer game in my life.”

Man, that gave me freakin' chills and made me a little misty-eyed.

ChiTown 04-10-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12816437)

Wow, that was a REALLY beautiful piece by Rustin Dodd. :clap::deevee:

BlackHelicopters 04-10-2017 10:41 AM

I nominate Dartgod to start today's GDT.

Dartgod 04-10-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12817525)
I nominate Dartgod to start today's GDT.

You sure about that? The last one I started, we didn't get our asses kicked as bad as the previous two games.

My mojo is suspect.

But if that's what y'all want, I'd be happy to oblige.

Dartgod 04-10-2017 01:27 PM

So no one else wants the game thread today?

Bowser 04-10-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12817749)
So no one else wants the game thread today?

Do it. You got this.