ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Sure-Oz 05-26-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12890957)
I think everyone here feels the same way on every word you said there.

It's still ok to criticize him as a manager though. Just like it's ok to criticize Hos when he disappears for a month.

Or Alex when he poops on himself at the plate, etc.

Edit: don't ****ing bash LoCain though. Or my daughter will hunt you and disembowel you.

Understandable for sure and it is ok to criticize...just annoying when some say that team could've won with any manager...would buck showalter have won with them? Who knows...think Ned deserves credit too.

duncan_idaho 05-27-2017 05:44 AM

The only critique I'll offer of Ned is one that he largely abandoned in the 2015 playoffs...
Relying too much/too long on his mediocre starters.

Pushing too deep with Guthrie and Vargas cost KC that World Series. But he learned from it and didn't repeat those mistakes the following year.

I'm rather encouraged by Bonifacio's approach at the plate. He's always had quick hands and good raw power, but he really takes good at bats.

That's encouraging, as we saw the same thing from Cuthbert when he got regular ABs last year, and even Merrifield and Eibner are examples of system products who have good ABs.

Gives you some hope that the farm system products will come in more ready to produce and adapt than the Hosmer-Moustakas wave, which was stubborn and had to fail a lot before adjusting.

You would hope those are some lessons RA Mondesi can learn in extended time at Omaha. He has performed well with the bat down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure-Oz 05-27-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12891456)
The only critique I'll offer of Ned is one that he largely abandoned in the 2015 playoffs...
Relying too much/too long on his mediocre starters.

Pushing too deep with Guthrie and Vargas cost KC that World Series. But he learned from it and didn't repeat those mistakes the following year.

I'm rather encouraged by Bonifacio's approach at the plate. He's always had quick hands and good raw power, but he really takes good at bats.

That's encouraging, as we saw the same thing from Cuthbert when he got regular ABs last year, and even Merrifield and Eibner are examples of system products who have good ABs.

Gives you some hope that the farm system products will come in more ready to produce and adapt than the Hosmer-Moustakas wave, which was stubborn and had to fail a lot before adjusting.

You would hope those are some lessons RA Mondesi can learn in extended time at Omaha. He has performed well with the bat down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I want Mondesi in AAA all season if possible

Why Not? 05-27-2017 02:25 PM

Hoz and Ned tossed in the 1st inning. Shit 3rd strike check swing call

Dartgod 05-27-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12891874)
Hoz and Ned tossed in the 1st inning. Shit 3rd strike check swing call

Yeah it was, but Hos shouldn't have been swinging at crap pitches early in the AB.

Dartgod 05-27-2017 02:29 PM

One ****ing run out of bases loaded and no outs.

lewdog 05-27-2017 02:35 PM

Get in the game thread you assholes!!!

Why Not? 05-27-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12891887)
One ****ing run out of bases loaded and no outs.

Very Royals. And then Mr. There is no way you really thought I was going to keep this up all year, did you? Gives it right back

DeepSouth 05-28-2017 04:43 PM

Any guess on who starts for the Royals on Tuesday? Almonte pitched today so he's not an option.

nychief 05-28-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 12892873)
Any guess on who starts for the Royals on Tuesday? Almonte pitched today so he's not an option.

You call that pitching?

My guess, Junis.

DeepSouth 05-28-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 12892876)
You call that pitching?

My guess, Junis.

Junis would be good. I fear it will be Young.

ChiTown 05-28-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 12892881)
Junis would be good. I fear it will be Young.

I'd fire Ned on the ****ing spot if he EVER rolls CY back out into the starting rotation.

DeepSouth 05-28-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 12892882)
I'd fire Ned on the ****ing spot if he EVER rolls CY back out into the starting rotation.

Young has started two games this season. In both games, he gave up more runs than innings pitched. But, the Royals won both games.

BWillie 05-28-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 12892882)

Well he leads off the worst offensive player in baseball because we seem to win when hes in the lineup. I assume he will feel the same way about Young

ChiTown 05-28-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 12892885)
Young has started two games this season. In both games, he gave up more runs than innings pitched. But, the Royals won both games.

Yep, and Ned is still a loveavle dipshit for doing it