ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFW: Flowers told teammates he would give all the money back if he could just leave (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266514)

milkman 11-12-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9109271)
I honestly believe that football teams should be like they're portrayed in the movies. You need some smart guys, you need some fiery leader guys, you need some talented and naive rookies, and you need grizzled veterans on their last legs to teach them.

As a semi-related aside, Jimmy Johnson was just featured on that "Football Life" show. He was out on a fishing boat with Belichick, and he said, "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I ever draft a dumb guy", and Belichick said, "Yeah, you taught me that."

Johnson then went on to say that you can't reason with a dumb player. He would take a malcontent who was smart because you could reason with that guy, but you can't reason with a guy who's inherently dumb.

The problem seems to me that neither Belichick or Pioli can see through the emotion to find the guy that plays both smart and with that emotion.

For all of his defensive genius stature, Belichick has fielded a sorry defense since the players that he inherited from the Pete Carrol years have moved on.

beach tribe 11-12-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9109225)
I think we could win tonight. What I am saying is that our best talent isn't that good. These ****ers don't care man. If they cared, they would play like Denver played last year without a QB. Our best players would roll with it like Freeney and mathis. They would resign like Reggie Wayne. We have no leaders and we have the wrong guys.

Wow. Just Wow!!

Hammock Parties 11-12-2012 01:46 PM

This is why we need Save Our Chiefs.

Premium talent like Bflo is just rotting away.

:(

Fire Me Boy! 11-12-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9109271)
I honestly believe that football teams should be like they're portrayed in the movies. You need some smart guys, you need some fiery leader guys, you need some talented and naive rookies, and you need grizzled veterans on their last legs to teach them.

As a semi-related aside, Jimmy Johnson was just featured on that "Football Life" show. He was out on a fishing boat with Belichick, and he said, "Hit me in the head with a hammer if I ever draft a dumb guy", and Belichick said, "Yeah, you taught me that."

Johnson then went on to say that you can't reason with a dumb player. He would take a malcontent who was smart because you could reason with that guy, but you can't reason with a guy who's inherently dumb.

So you're saying we need Dennis Quaid, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, Ryan Gosling, Mark Wahlberg, Sean Astin, Omar Epps, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Jones and Jon Favreau?

Add in a coaching staff of Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Will Patton, James Caan and Gene Hackman and we'd be unstoppable.

Ace Gunner 11-12-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9109082)
**** Flowers. He quit in that Buffalo game and that was week 2. Our leadership sucks ass. I didn't even have to read that shit to see it. Honestly, DJ is even worse imo.

Flowers is playing through that ankle injury and imo he's still hobbled. He's unable to get off blocks during run plays the way he normally does.

He's got heart, that player. I know he pulled up during the Buf game, but i think he's just trying to do what he can this season.

This team needs a pass rusher. Really badly. You can help those guys up front when you have a Carr/Flowers tandem, but even then, you can't expect to stop the passing game in the new NFL without a pass rush.

Chief_For_Life58 11-12-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9109310)
So you're saying we need Dennis Quaid, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, Ryan Gosling, Mark Wahlberg, Sean Astin, Omar Epps, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Jones and Jon Favreau?

Add in a coaching staff of Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Will Patton, James Caan and Gene Hackman and we'd be unstoppable.

al pacino as hc fox at qb wed be unstoppable

QuikSsurfer 11-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9109310)

And Devon Sawa

http://i2.listal.com/image/2443293/500full.jpg

BigMeatballDave 11-12-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9109259)
any way we could get blackrob on universal iggy?

I created a thread for this very thing and had shit flung at me.

Easy 6 11-12-2012 01:56 PM

NOBODY is going to want to come here in 2013 if pioli keeps his job... NOBODY.

Please God, make Clark see the light.

Woodchuck 11-12-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9109231)
You really are a ****ing moron.

Leadership isn't something that you just take on.

Leadership is an inherent trait that is developed through years.

Brandon Flowers has never been a leader, and never will be.

It's not in his DNA.

Leaders are guys like Ray Lewis and James Harrison.

Guys that play with fire and emotion.

Guys that others gravtate to and follow natuarally.

The Jets should just release Darrelle Revis.

He got a big contract, but he's not a leader.

Can't justify that contract, even though he's the best at his position, because you don't give big contracts to guys that lack leadership.

I know this and that is why I don't understand why Pioli invested a several players who are inconsistant and aren't leaders.

This team's "core" players were never leaders. That's part of the problem.
You can't tell me that guys like Flowers and DJ weren't asked to lead this team when they got their second contracts.

You can say what you want to but, KC only goes where Jamaal Charles goes. If he plays well, we have a shot. If he doesn't, we lose. It's much more than the coach, the QB, or the GM.

It's also the rest of the players and the talent level.

The only guys that might be here when we make it somewhere someday are Houston and Berry imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9109340)
NOBODY is going to want to come here in 2013 if pioli keeps his job... NOBODY.

Please God, make Clark see the light.

Not true. Plenty of guys like the ones we have will want to come. The ones that are about the money.

Woodchuck 11-12-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9109313)
Flowers is playing through that ankle injury and imo he's still hobbled. He's unable to get off blocks during run plays the way he normally does.

He's got heart, that player. I know he pulled up during the Buf game, but i think he's just trying to do what he can this season.

This team needs a pass rusher. Really badly. You can help those guys up front when you have a Carr/Flowers tandem, but even then, you can't expect to stop the passing game in the new NFL without a pass rush.

Pioli invested in inconsistant players. DJ, Flowers, and Bowe are/were inconsistant. All he and Clark talked about was consistancy and Pioli resigned those guys. That's a big part of our problem imo.

Flowers gets hurt and either misses or comes out of games every year. The guy that walked has never missed a game. There have been multiple games where Flowers was specifically targeted at the end. I'm not going to get into too much but he is overrated by Chiefs fans and I'll leave it at that. He's not consistant and he's not a leader.

I doubt it will happen but I hope Pioli gets fired ASAP. Then, the media will turn it's attention to some of the quitters on the field.

GloryDayz 11-12-2012 02:29 PM

Could we fit that article on a banner?

Woodchuck 11-12-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9109249)
The problem is that Pioli has avoided the guys that play with emotion.

He believes the best way to win is to find guys that play smart.

But the great defenses always have that one or two guys that play with their emotion on their sleeves, and when you have that, the rest of the team follows.

The Patriots, in their SB years, had those guys, with Willie McGinest and Teddy Breuski.

As soon as those guys started to move on, even though their defense still played smart, that defense declined, because they drafted smart players who don't bring any emotion.

Good points...

milkman 11-12-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9109392)
I know this and that is why I don't understand why Pioli invested a several players who are inconsistant and aren't leaders.

This team's "core" players were never leaders. That's part of the problem.
You can't tell me that guys like Flowers and DJ weren't asked to lead this team when they got their second contracts.

He might have asked them to be leaders, but he might as well have asked rain to not be wet.

You can't ask for leadership from people who aren't leaders.
It simply isn't going to work.

If he did ask, and actually expected to get leadership from those guys, then he's a BlackBob level moron.

Quote:

You can say what you want to but, KC only goes where Jamaal Charles goes. If he plays well, we have a shot. If he doesn't, we lose. It's much more than the coach, the QB, or the GM.
Do you even think of what it is you are saying when you post?

Do you not understand, at least somewhere in that useless lump of coal that resides inside your head that the implications of what you just said are exactly an indictment of the QB position?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-12-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9109308)
This is why we need Save Our Chiefs.

Premium talent like Bflo is just rotting away.

:(

This.

Premium!