ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Dodgers fire Ohtanis long time interpreter, accused of 'massive theft' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352805)

Sassy Squatch 03-20-2024 04:54 PM

Dodgers fire Ohtanis long time interpreter, accused of 'massive theft'

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Los Angeles Dodgers fire Ippei Mizuhara, Shohei Ohtani&#39;s long-time interpreter.<br>Mizuhara was accused by Ohtani&#39;s attorneys of engaging in a “massive theft” of Ohtani&#39;s funds to place bets with an illegal bookmaker, according to the LA Times.</p>&mdash; Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1770567153202376865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch 03-20-2024 04:56 PM

Wrinkle to the story is Mizuhara said yesterday he'd stood over Ohtanis shoulder as Ohtani personally wired the money to the illegal bookie. Now today Ohtanis Lawyers and the Dodgers are saying Ohtani had no knowledge whatsoever.

Initially, a spokesman for Ohtani told ESPN the slugger had transferred the funds to cover Mizuhara's gambling debt. The spokesman presented Mizuhara to ESPN for a 90-minute interview Tuesday night, during which Mizuhara laid out his account in great detail. However, as ESPN prepared to publish the story Wednesday, the spokesman disavowed Mizuhara's account and said Ohtani's lawyers would issue a statement.

"In the course of responding to recent media inquiries, we discovered that Shohei has been the victim of a massive theft, and we are turning the matter over to the authorities," read the statement from Berk Brettler LLP.

The spokesman declined to answer any further questions, and the statement did not specify whom they believe perpetrated the alleged theft

Multiple sources, including Mizuhara, told ESPN that Ohtani does not gamble, and that the funds covered Mizuhara's losses.

ESPN had reviewed bank information showing Ohtani's name on two $500,000 payments sent last September and October.

In the Tuesday interview arranged by Ohtani's spokesman, Mizuhara, 39, told ESPN that he asked Ohtani last year to pay off his gambling debt, which multiple sources said had ballooned to at least $4.5 million. Mizuhara said that he previously had placed bets via DraftKings and assumed bets placed through Bowyer were legal.

"I want everyone to know Shohei had zero involvement in betting. I want people to know I did not know this was illegal. I learned my lesson the hard way. I will never do sports betting ever again."

But on Wednesday afternoon, Mizuhara told ESPN that Ohtani had no knowledge of his gambling debts and that Ohtani had not transferred money to the bookmaker's associate.

Mizuhara told ESPN on Tuesday his bets were on international soccer, the NBA, the NFL and college football.

"I never bet on baseball," Mizuhara said. "That's 100%. I knew that rule ... We have a meeting about that in spring training."

After Ohtani agreed to pay the debts, Mizuhara said on Tuesday, Ohtani logged onto his own computer and sent the wire transfers under Mizuhara's supervision in installments over several months last year. They added "loan" to the description field in the transactions.

Asked why Ohtani didn't simply give him the money instead of paying Bowyer's associate directly, Mizuhara said Ohtani didn't trust him with the money. "He didn't want me to gamble it away," Mizuhara said.

Mizuhara, though, Wednesday afternoon, walked back much of what he had said late Tuesday, saying Ohtani had no knowledge of his gambling activities, debts or efforts to repay them.

Sassy Squatch 03-20-2024 04:57 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I think any coverage of this from here out has to start with the fact that Ohtani’s team has already changed its story <a href="https://t.co/Z2nM6faCdB">https://t.co/Z2nM6faCdB</a></p>&mdash; Barry Petchesky (@barry) <a href="https://twitter.com/barry/status/1770574974484447522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mr. tegu 03-20-2024 05:02 PM

This seems like it could be good. I would have assumed his interpreter was employed, or at least, largely vetted by him.

threebag 03-20-2024 05:03 PM

Pete Rose says Hi

Which is an absolute crime he isn’t in the Hall of Fame.

FloridaMan88 03-20-2024 05:11 PM

Ohtani has been in America for like 7 years now... and he still needs an interpreter?

Suspicious.

Learn English already.

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2024 05:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OSLw2ddpM7U?si=i-h7P3qtpZzQpm9b" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch 03-20-2024 05:22 PM

LMAO No shit. Stole millions but was still chill enough with Ohtani to be hanging out with him in the dugout in Korea today.

I don't know what the exact word is, maybe naivety, but Ohtani and Mizuhara may have already permanently ****ed his career permanently by what they've admitted.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-20-2024 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17451755)
LMAO No shit. Stole millions but was still chill enough with Ohtani to be hanging out with him in the dugout in Korea today.

I don't know what the exact word is, maybe naivety, but Ohtani and Mizuhara may have already permanently ****ed his career permanently by what they've admitted.

This sucks big time if true.

Ohtani is the only reason I care about MLB currently.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17451755)

HA!

Jesus no.

MLB will move heaven and earth to distance Ohtani from this. He's a golden goose both in the states and internationally. And playing for their present crown jewel franchise.

He gonna be fine.

Sassy Squatch 03-20-2024 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17451774)
HA!

Jesus no.

MLB will move heaven and earth to distance Ohtani from this. He's a golden goose both in the states and internationally. And playing for their present crown jewel franchise.

He gonna be fine.

I'm assuming so as well, unless the federal investigation uncovers Ohtani being directly involved with the gambling. Might not be too much the MLB can do then.

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2024 05:44 PM

Ohtani is about to take a 2 year hiatus from baseball and join the NHL.

Pablo 03-20-2024 05:45 PM

I knew he was a complete scumbag as soon as he signed with the Dodgers

Womble 03-20-2024 05:53 PM

**** anything to do with Todd Boehly.

Pinchshot 03-20-2024 06:10 PM

nie hou. xie xie!

Jewish Rabbi 03-20-2024 06:19 PM

Konnichiwa mother ****er

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2024 06:20 PM

We'll only know if this story is true if he retires to pursue his dream of playing G league basketball

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-20-2024 06:23 PM

in related news, the Dodgers have hired Michael Jordan as a team consultant...

Marcellus 03-20-2024 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17451774)
HA!

Jesus no.

He gonna be fine.

Oh yea the coverup is in full swing already. Nobody is buying this bullshit theft story.

Discuss Thrower 03-20-2024 06:37 PM

I N E L I G I B L E L I S T
N
E
L
I
G
I
B
L
E

L
I
S
T

stumppy 03-20-2024 07:00 PM

Pete Rose says "Hey"

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2024 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17451875)
Pete Rose says "Hey"

Long way from getting there. In order from best to worst in magnitude

Gambling
Gambling on sports
Gambling on your own team
Making lineup decisions because of games you bet on (or in Pete Rose's case... Games you didn't bet on)
Throwing games for money (shoeless Joe... And if you don't believe that, check out his stats in world series games he won vs lost)

For now we don't know if shohei is Calvin ridley or Pete rose

Rain Man 03-20-2024 07:21 PM

Why would a team-employed interpreter have access to the players money, unless...ohhhhhhh.

Gary Cooper 03-20-2024 07:21 PM

The interpreter will commit seppuku as expected. The story will be over.

Hoover 03-20-2024 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17451883)

Even a Calvin Ridley punishment, or what those Iowa and Iowa State players got would be deadly for him

scho63 03-20-2024 07:28 PM

I wonder if the Yakuza are involved somehow.

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2024 07:28 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is why we never paid for interpreters</p>&mdash; Montreal Expos (@Montreal_Expos) <a href="https://twitter.com/Montreal_Expos/status/1770574098613047446?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MMXcalibur 03-20-2024 07:30 PM

Openly mixing gambling with sports is going swimmingly.

Rain Man 03-20-2024 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17451751)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OSLw2ddpM7U?si=i-h7P3qtpZzQpm9b" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What the - ? Was that the rookie seminar? Why would you expose the rookies to bad influences like Cris Carter and Warren Sapp? Was Michael Irvin the next speaker? Rae Carruth?

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2024 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17451901)
Even a Calvin Ridley punishment, or what those Iowa and Iowa State players got would be deadly for him

I agree. If true he deserves what those guys got, but i suspect if this is what it is the league would be willing to sweep it under the rug if it didn't hurt integrity of the game. And that's unfortunate for superstar treatment. But ridleys punishment was arguably a lot of more about setting an example than, say, steroids which affects integrity of the game.

Pepe Silvia 03-20-2024 07:33 PM

I wonder if he went full Pete Rose and sold steroids too?

WhawhaWhat 03-20-2024 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17451914)
What the - ? Was that the rookie seminar? Why would you expose the rookies to bad influences like Cris Carter and Warren Sapp? Was Michael Irvin the next speaker? Rae Carruth?

ESPN fired him for the comments but I think a lot of people knew it was true.

KC_Connection 03-20-2024 07:45 PM

Nothing about the stories Shohei/his team/his interpreter were putting out there about this add up.

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2024 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17451919)
I wonder if he went full Pete Rose and sold steroids too?

Think that was his son?

Daddy was the guy who was banging teenagers

stumppy 03-20-2024 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17451883)
Long way from getting there. In order from best to worst in magnitude

Gambling
Gambling on sports
Gambling on your own team
Making lineup decisions because of games you bet on (or in Pete Rose's case... Games you didn't bet on)
Throwing games for money (shoeless Joe... And if you don't believe that, check out his stats in world series games he won vs lost)

We'll see. So far they're bumbling and stumbling through the explanation.:shrug:

KC_Connection 03-20-2024 09:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ohtani vs Michael Jordan at 4am in Vegas at the blackjack table <a href="https://t.co/TSjoG61Qsr">pic.twitter.com/TSjoG61Qsr</a></p>&mdash; Noah �� (@Yordan4HOF2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Yordan4HOF2/status/1770578505060782560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 03-20-2024 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17451970)
We'll see. So far they're bumbling and stumbling through the explanation.:shrug:

Sure feels like best case scenario he did something suspendable and the mlb knows their option is to either suspend a money maker in a mega market or get blasted for superstar treatment. I think as someone else said the unique aspect of this is that even a slight infraction can be devastating for his brand

jdubya 03-20-2024 10:11 PM

I see Ohtani as MLBs Mahomes.

They will keep him safe 100%

Brings in too much money for MLB, USA and Japan

dlphg9 03-20-2024 10:12 PM

Lmao, this is all a bunch of horse shit. Ohtani was gambling and theyre doing some massive coverup.

jdubya 03-20-2024 10:21 PM

Dodgers Rule

FloridaMan88 03-21-2024 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17452040)
Lmao, this is all a bunch of horse shit. Ohtani was gambling and theyre doing some massive coverup.

No kidding.

The “interpreter” was just a cover and is now the fall guy… does anyone really think Ohtani legit needed a full time interpreter… around him at all times and in the club house… after living in America for almost a decade?

nychief 03-21-2024 07:07 AM

No bookie is taking 4 million dollar loses to a ****ing interpreter.

Jerm 03-21-2024 08:17 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="et" dir="ltr">Shohei Ohtani in between innings <a href="https://t.co/D06H5ydQTg">pic.twitter.com/D06H5ydQTg</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy (@Pimp_Lord619) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pimp_Lord619/status/1770606565026066779?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 21, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Valiant 03-21-2024 08:58 AM

Ohh I hope the dodgers get ****ed. Imagine the biggest current star getting banned.

Pablo 03-21-2024 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 17452045)
Dodgers Rule

All LA teams are scum and when that shithole falls into the ocean America will rejoice

DJ's left nut 03-21-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17452109)
No kidding.

The “interpreter” was just a cover and is now the fall guy… does anyone really think Ohtani legit needed a full time interpreter… around him at all times and in the club house… after living in America for almost a decade?

Or that the interpreter who's lived here for 25 years didn't realize that the illegal ****ing bookie wasn't the same as DraftKings?

What happened here is just so damn obvious but ultimately so impossible to prove that it's gonna have to go away. But yeah - Ohtani better get himself to a Gamber's Anonymous meeting if he's out there blowing millions on soccer games.

Because ain't no way some random bookie was taking millions in action from Ohtani's lackey. At best the guy was doing it on his own but with Othani's knowledge. And I'd still say it's more likely he was doing it at Ohtani's behest than it is that Shohei's just a really generous dude that covered nearly $5 million on gambling losses for his interpreter because he's just a nice guy that way...

Jewish Rabbi 03-21-2024 09:38 AM

I realize they travel all over the country but DraftKings isn’t even legal in California. None of this adds up.

Monticore 03-21-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17451738)
Ohtani has been in America for like 7 years now... and he still needs an interpreter?

Suspicious.

Learn English already.

Vlad Guerrero JR was born in Canada lived a lot of his life in Canada and US and still uses an interpreter.

Discuss Thrower 03-21-2024 10:31 AM

MLB can't get out of its own way, can it?

****ing up in the 1994 lockout, then the steroid era, squandering the marketability of its best player of the 2010s in Trout and now probably being complicit in an even bigger star's gambling cover-up.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2024 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17452395)
MLB can't get out of its own way, can it?

****ing up in the 1994 lockout, then the steroid era, squandering the marketability of its best player of the 2010s in Trout and now probably being complicit in an even bigger star's gambling cover-up.

In fairness, the steroid era exploded the popularity of baseball and brought it back to it's pre-strike levels. It was how they navigated their way out of it that created an issue (i.e. they ignored it until they got beaten over the head with it rather than walk away from the table when they got up a couple grand...). Had MLB gotten back to level and then said "okay fellas, lets put some testing in" before Bonds head swelled up 6 sizes, they'd have been in really nice shape and the steroid era would've actually been a huge benefit for baseball.

And MLB didn't do anything to waste Trout - that was Arte Moreno. It's no different than the Chargers and Herbert. Do we blame the NFL for the Lions wasting Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson? Nope - that's the Lions fault.

They made some good changes last season to make the game a little more watchable. I still think they need to consider moving the mound back a little more given the explosion in velocity and how pitching dominates. And I've long said the game would be significantly better if they moved the walls back across the board (though some stadiums simply can't do that).

Raw stuff has just gotten way too nasty these days. Hell, baseball as originally designed wasn't SUPPOSED to generate swings and misses. The whole "hit it back up the box" thing goes back to the days when pitchers literally stood in a box and the goal was to give guys something to hit but not something too easy to hit. So pitchers would change their angles by moving around this box that's roughly where the mound is today.

Strikeouts are boring. And besides that they're fascist. Throw some groundballs - it's more democratic.

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 10:45 AM

I’m a little unclear on sports gambling rules. So if he gambled all that on other sports besides baseball, that’s ok. Main issue is putting it through an illegal bookie and/or potentially betting in a state or country where sports betting isn’t allowed, right? So where does that fall on the punishment scale assuming he doesn’t get superstar treatment?

Discuss Thrower 03-21-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17452403)
In fairness, the steroid era exploded the popularity of baseball and brought it back to it's pre-strike levels. It was how they navigated their way out of it that created an issue (i.e. they ignored it until they got beaten over the head with it rather than walk away from the table when they got up a couple grand...). Had MLB gotten back to level and then said "okay fellas, lets put some testing in" before Bonds head swelled up 6 sizes, they'd have been in really nice shape and the steroid era would've actually been a huge benefit for baseball.

And MLB didn't do anything to waste Trout - that was Arte Moreno. It's no different than the Chargers and Herbert. Do we blame the NFL for the Lions wasting Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson? Nope - that's the Lions fault.

They made some good changes last season to make the game a little more watchable. I still think they need to consider moving the mound back a little more given the explosion in velocity and how pitching dominates. And I've long said the game would be significantly better if they moved the walls back across the board (though some stadiums simply can't do that).

Raw stuff has just gotten way too nasty these days. Hell, baseball as originally designed wasn't SUPPOSED to generate swings and misses. The whole "hit it back up the box" thing goes back to the days when pitchers literally stood in a box and the goal was to give guys something to hit but not something too easy to hit. So pitchers would change their angles by moving around this box that's roughly where the mound is today.

Strikeouts are boring. And besides that they're fascist. Throw some groundballs - it's more democratic.

1) Right, Baseball didn't handle the 'roid revelations the right way.

2) Key word with Trout is marketability, not "wasting" his competitive power by not winning anything more than one or two postseason appearances.

3) Lower the mound again?

HonestChieffan 03-21-2024 11:38 AM

sounds totally fishy. I think before its over we have a modern day Pete Rose

Mecca 03-21-2024 11:42 AM

Ohtani doesn't speak english but he knows what CRAPS is.

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17452478)
sounds totally fishy. I think before its over we have a modern day Pete Rose

I don’t think we can go that far yet. As of right now it might be Calvin Ridley except with a lot more superstar status

Pasta Little Brioni 03-21-2024 12:04 PM

Put Pete in the hall

raybec 4 03-21-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17452528)
Put Pete in the hall

And Bonds, and Clemens

Pasta Little Brioni 03-21-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17452532)
And Bonds, and Clemens

Yes and yes!

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 12:08 PM

Pete doesn’t belong in the hall. He broke the cardinal rule and I’m ok with that being unforgivable.

If shohei broke those same rules then same rules apply. But I doubt he did.

raybec 4 03-21-2024 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17452535)
Pete doesn’t belong in the hall. He broke the cardinal rule and I’m ok with that being unforgivable.

If shohei broke those same rules then same rules apply. But I doubt he did.

**** that high horse bullshit. He was the greatest hitter of his day, maybe all time.

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17452532)
And Bonds, and Clemens

I don’t know where I stand on that because every damn person was doing it and the mlb is complicit. It’s a gray area. Betting on your own team is a clear ban hammer though.

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17452542)
**** that high horse bullshit. He was the greatest hitter of his day, maybe all time.

If you want to preserve the integrity of the game you can’t have players or coaches grooving games and screwing over fans and competitive balance to make a quick buck. You have to set an example and now it’s more important than ever.

It isn’t moral high horse. There is a lot of forgiveness for scumbags, criminals and even cheaters. But betting on your team is a mortal sin and it should be.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-21-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17452556)
If you want to preserve the integrity of the game you can’t have players or coaches grooving games and screwing over fans and competitive balance to make a quick buck. You have to set an example and now it’s more important than ever.

It isn’t moral high horse. There is a lot of forgiveness for scumbags, criminals and even cheaters. But betting on your team is a mortal sin and it should be.

Patriots were caught cheating multiple times and Brady and Belichick are going into the Hall. Manning had illegal hgh delivered under his wife's name. Why is baseball so upitty about keeping legends out of the Hall?

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17452582)
Patriots were caught cheating multiple times and Brady and Belichick are going into the Hall. Manning had illegal hgh delivered under his wife's name. Why is baseball so upitty about keeping legends out of the Hall?

I agree there are lots of players in baseball who are blackballed for the wrong reason. Curt schilling is an obvious one. But gambling on your own team is a whole different animal.

Jewish Rabbi 03-21-2024 12:40 PM

Y’all think Ohtani has the stereotypical large athlete cock or the stereotypical Asian tiny cock?

chiefzilla1501 03-21-2024 12:51 PM

I think there’s generally a lot more forgiveness for cheating to gain competitive advantage than there is trying to groove games.

And in games Pete rose didn’t bet he wasn’t trying to win those games.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17452542)

Pete Rose was an overrated compiler who lived on hollow singles and refused to quite when he should've because he was a shameless stat-chaser who prioritized his numbers over his team's record.

His last 1,500 hits came when he was an average, at best, big league hitter. And for his last 1,000 of those he was fairly well worthless. And since he couldn't play defense and he played in the National League, they had to plug him in at 1b where dragging along a weak hitter is doubly damaging.

"Hey Mike Schmidt - we know you guys missed the playoffs by 2 games in '82 and the Cardinals ended up winning in your place while Pete Rose gave you absolutely ****-all at 1b - but hey, he hit 150 singles that year, man!"

Pete Rose wasn't the greatest anything of his day, certainly not of all time.

He might be - might be - one of the 25 best hitters of all time. But he wasn't even the best hitter on his own team during his day. That was Mike Schmidt. He's not the greatest switch hitter of all time - that's Mickey Mantle and/or Chipper Jones. He's not the greatest contact hitter of all time - that's Tony Gwynn.

He's just a guy that put up numbers because he refused to quit and his team refused to fire him.

Jerm 03-21-2024 12:55 PM

Pete "it's been 55 years babe" Rose is just fine where he's at...

DJ's left nut 03-21-2024 01:03 PM

Don't wanna get banned for life? Don't sign a deal banning you for life to save your own skin.

Ain't that hard.

GeorgeZimZam 03-21-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17451831)
Konnichiwa mother ****er bitches

https://ktla.com/wp-content/uploads/...gram-story.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G3Co9GxHJg0?si=nUST0F3FMyD4S_om" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fMQbWqw10KA?si=T0rFwW4hA8InTfiV" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunerdr 03-21-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17452599)
Y’all think Ohtani has the stereotypical large athlete cock or the stereotypical Asian tiny cock?

Red rocket cause he's got that dog in him.

raybec 4 03-21-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17452621)
Pete Rose was an overrated compiler who lived on hollow singles and refused to quite when he should've because he was a shameless stat-chaser who prioritized his numbers over his team's record.

His last 1,500 hits came when he was an average, at best, big league hitter. And for his last 1,000 of those he was fairly well worthless. And since he couldn't play defense and he played in the National League, they had to plug him in at 1b where dragging along a weak hitter is doubly damaging.

"Hey Mike Schmidt - we know you guys missed the playoffs by 2 games in '82 and the Cardinals ended up winning in your place while Pete Rose gave you absolutely ****-all at 1b - but hey, he hit 150 singles that year, man!"

He might be - might be - one of the 25 best hitters of all time. But he wasn't even the best hitter on his own team during his day. That was Mike Schmidt. He's not the greatest switch hitter of all time - that's Mickey Mantle and/or Chipper Jones. He's not the greatest contact hitter of all time - that's Tony Gwynn.

He's just a guy that put up numbers because he refused to quit and his team refused to fire him.

You shut your whore mouth DJ! Pete Rose is my baseball Jesus.

MarkDavis'Haircut 03-21-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17451738)

Suspicious.

Learn English already.

The American pastime just opened its season in South Korea.

The Franchise 03-21-2024 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17452109)
No kidding.

Plenty Asian baseball players use interpreters. There’s nothing suspicious about it.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2024 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17452764)
You shut your whore mouth DJ! Pete Rose is my baseball Jesus.

Well he certainly has the martyr half of it down pat...

Pitt Gorilla 03-21-2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17451914)

Vonn Miller followed by Bill Romonowski, while Elway led the anti-drinking campaign.

Frazod 03-21-2024 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17452621)

Some valid points here that I had never really considered (mainly because I despised the teams he played for), but you do seem focused on over-the-hill Rose while ignoring young Rose. It's hard to ignore his contributions to the Reds back in the day. And as the fat guy from Moneyball would point out, he did get on base.

It is hard to feel sorry for him, though. Rose's biggest enemy has always been Rose.

BigRedChief 03-21-2024 04:42 PM

This is a total bs cover story. What kind of illegal bookie fronts an interpreter $4 million? GTFO with that for shit story.

dlphg9 03-21-2024 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17452941)
Some valid points here that I had never really considered (mainly because I despised the teams he played for), but you do seem focused on over-the-hill Rose while ignoring young Rose. It's hard to ignore his contributions to the Reds back in the day. And as the fat guy from Moneyball would point out, he did get on base.

It is hard to feel sorry for him, though. Rose's biggest enemy has always been Rose.

I put Pete Rose on the same level as Tony Gwynn. Both were slap hitters with no power and if they played today they'd be completely out of there element.

srvy 03-21-2024 05:03 PM

Never had much respect for Rose after he broke Fosse's leg on an aggressive slide at home in a freaking all-star game.