ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football A lot of people owe Punt god a apology (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348658)

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-08-2023 06:44 PM

A lot of people owe Punt god a apology

https://sports.yahoo.com/prosecutors...225211550.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Prosecutors say former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> punter Matt Araiza wasn’t present during an alleged gang rape of a minor that occurred at an off-campus party in October 2021.<br><br>Buffalo cut Araiza when word of the incident became public prior to the start of last season. <a href="https://t.co/RUtfTE8Vf1">https://t.co/RUtfTE8Vf1</a></p>&mdash; Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1655731130719453184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Megatron96 05-08-2023 06:48 PM

Heck, there are some dipsticks that owe me an apology . . .

Rainbarrel 05-08-2023 06:49 PM

The real reason the South Park character QB ran so much

lewdog 05-08-2023 06:51 PM

Nah, **** everything about the Bills.

Pepe Silvia 05-08-2023 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16938364)

This.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-08-2023 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16938364)

Yeah but that poor kid life was ruined.

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2023 06:56 PM

What the **** were they even doing to take this long to come to the conclusion he wasn't even there when it happened? Or tonat least publicly release the information

Demonpenz 05-08-2023 06:56 PM

We run trains on the bills

dlphg9 05-08-2023 06:57 PM

This should have been something easily figured out. Wtf?

RealSNR 05-08-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 16938371)

Why not both?

smithandrew051 05-08-2023 07:05 PM

The Bills should atone for their mistake by benching Josh Allen forever.

Kiimo 05-08-2023 07:07 PM

Start Araiza at QB

Pablo 05-08-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP (Post 16938371)

lol **** him. Bills players getting their life ruined is funny

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 07:11 PM

Be interesting to be a fly on the wall in that room...

"We can't prosecute because your daughters a whore and there are literally dozens of videos of her whoring it up..."

Bet her dad is proud.

wazu 05-08-2023 07:12 PM

That article is pretty unreal. She had sex with 2 guys at the party including Araiza before the alleged gang rape happened. And the prosecutors say the video of the gang rape everything looks consensual, and Matt wasn't in it.

Pretty brutal to have something like this kill your career before it even starts. Hopefully somebody gives him a shot.

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2023 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16938404)

"We can't prosecute because your daughters a whore and there are literally dozens of videos of her whoring it up..."

Bet her dad is proud.

Already a pretty bad one on YouTube.

Chiefspants 05-08-2023 07:14 PM

The thing that got him into this investigation was telling her over the phone that she needed to get a chlamydia test after they got together in some way, right?

I know people think those sex contracts that College Athletics encourage players to do are wild -- but it makes sense that there has been such a dramatic push by colleges for their players to go in that direction.

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 07:19 PM

Yahoo releasing some choice quotes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by yahoo sports

A fuller picture of what police and prosecutors found, however, is now available via a 200-plus page transcript of a 100-minute meeting obtained by Yahoo Sports where a deputy district attorney offered a detailed explanation to the girl and her attorneys.

"You doin ho activities
With ho tendencies
Hos are your friends, hoes are your enemies
With ho energy to do whacha do
Blew whacha blew
Screw whacha screw"

Frazod 05-08-2023 07:45 PM

Maybe they'll throw another hissy fit over this and refuse to play their first game.

Eureka 05-08-2023 08:01 PM

This guy was deemed guilty in the press and public. Career ruined and potential big $$ bye bye.

Now he's just innocent.

Believe all women!!!!!

Megatron96 05-08-2023 08:04 PM

Mob rule is great.

Jewish Rabbi 05-08-2023 08:06 PM

Any video of the chick whoring it up?

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 16938486)
Any video of the chick whoring it up?

There actually is, somewhere on YouTube.

Titty Meat 05-08-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Bet her dad is proud.

What are the grounds for a lawsuit here? He certainly lost hundreds of thousands.

Jewish Rabbi 05-08-2023 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16938489)
There actually is, somewhere on YouTube.

With full penetration?

scho63 05-08-2023 08:13 PM

Matt Araiza's comments:

I have two words - 'Cha Ching'

Dude's gonna sue EVERYBODY and get paid big time.

BWillie 05-08-2023 08:16 PM

Believe all women

Peter Gibbons 05-08-2023 08:17 PM

Life lesson: Nothing good ever happens from putting your d!@k in crazy.

BWillie 05-08-2023 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16938491)
What are the grounds for a lawsuit here? He certainly lost hundreds of thousands.

Millions...

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16938491)

Oh it's a pretty easy one; just straight defamation.

The problem is going to be showing that she KNEW it was bullshit.

And that's why she needs to be dismissing that civil case tomorrow. Because she's now been apprised of some information that she could've potentially previously claim she was black-out drunk and forgot.

But because it's a pretty textbook defamation per se example, he wouldn't even have to prove damages; they'll be presumed.

But the standard for defamation is 'knowingly'. Oh there are some 'conscious disregard' sort of ways to approach it as well, but ultimately he'll have to establish that she KNEW it was a crock of shit when she gave any/all of the details she gave and/or pursued the civil case.

That's gonna be pretty tough.

staylor26 05-08-2023 08:43 PM

Chiefs should sign him now

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16938526)

Man - Chad Forbes would be piiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

I'm here for it.

RunKC 05-08-2023 08:49 PM

The woman who falsely accused him should be in jail for at least 20 years.

Women who are proven to falsely accuse rape should be thrown in prison with devastating consequences.

Stewie 05-08-2023 08:57 PM

I don't think much will happen to her since she was a minor at the time.

As for those around her, they should be held accountable for publicly airing these false claims without doing their own due diligence.

Kiimo 05-08-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16938537)

Women who are proven to falsely accuse rape should be thrown in prison with devastating consequences.

She had sex with him that night and was also raped and I think out of her mind?

admittedly I don't know the details though

jettio 05-08-2023 09:06 PM

I wonder if XFL or USFL would have given him a chance if he pursued it.

Probably would have better chance at getting an NFL job while civil suit is pending if he played XFL or USFL.

Maybe this information was shared so that he would get signed BY NFL team now.

Bump 05-08-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16938555)
She had sex with him that night and was also raped and I think out of her mind?

admittedly I don't know the details though

didn't it say that the video of the alleged gang rape looked consensual?

Megatron96 05-08-2023 09:15 PM

"Amador also explained to the girl that additional witness testimony alleged that at this period of time, “you were approaching men at the party saying, ‘I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].”"

Seems like a nice girl.

RealSNR 05-08-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16938448)
Maybe they'll throw another hissy fit over this and refuse to play their first game.

Josh Allen is traumatized by what he saw happen to his teammate. Definitely not appropriate to play football this season until those emotional wounds heal.

KCUnited 05-08-2023 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16938526)

It does sound like :13 is all he needs

Pitt Gorilla 05-08-2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16938407)
That article is pretty unreal. She had sex with 2 guys at the party including Araiza before the alleged gang rape happened. And the prosecutors say the video of the gang rape everything looks consensual, and Matt wasn't in it.

Pretty brutal to have something like this kill your career before it even starts. Hopefully somebody gives him a shot.

He's likely still guilty of statutory rape if she was underage.

Also, I hope he sues the Bills/Beane for cutting him.

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16938591)

California, being a fairly odd little state, is one of the few states that allows for a "She looked 18" sort of defense.

And given that there appear to be no shortage of people willing to testify that was stating she was 18, it seems unlikely that they'll even bring charges.

Yosef_Malkovitch 05-08-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16938520)
Oh it's a pretty easy one; just straight defamation.

The problem is going to be showing that she KNEW it was bullshit.

And that's why she needs to be dismissing that civil case tomorrow. Because she's now been apprised of some information that she could've potentially previously claim she was black-out drunk and forgot.

But because it's a pretty textbook defamation per se example, he wouldn't even have to prove damages; they'll be presumed.

But the standard for defamation is 'knowingly'. Oh there are some 'conscious disregard' sort of ways to approach it as well, but ultimately he'll have to establish that she KNEW it was a crock of shit when she gave any/all of the details she gave and/or pursued the civil case.

That's gonna be pretty tough.

On top of all this there's the matter of collecting a judgment. He may (theoretically speaking) sue her and win, but you can't collect what someone doesn't have. She almost certainly doesn't have the kind of money he would need to make himself whole.

jettio 05-08-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

What is your legal argument for suing the Bills?

If he got paid what he was supposed to be paid for a 6th round pick that does not make the roster, he has no case.

Chiefspants 05-08-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 16938599)
On top of all this there's the matter of collecting a judgment. He may (theoretically speaking) sue her and win, but you can't collect what someone doesn't have. She almost certainly doesn't have the kind of money he would need to make himself whole.

All depends if any major news outlets rushed to claim him guilty and were sloppy with their editorializing.

Because the standard is set for going after news orgs like that.

https://www.americamagazine.org/site...ovcathkids.jpg

JohnnyHammersticks 05-08-2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16938603)
All depends if any major news outlets rushed to claim him guilty and were sloppy with their editorializing.

Because the standard is set for going after news orgs like that.

https://www.americamagazine.org/site...ovcathkids.jpg

WTF is up with that activist dude's ear lobes?

If I still lived in Colorado I'd pay him to have one surgically removed so I could use it as a car cover to protect my Jeep against hail damage.

Hoover 05-08-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons (Post 16938503)
Life lesson: Nothing good ever happens from putting your d!@k in crazy.

Dad, is that you?

LOL

Fish 05-08-2023 10:25 PM

Still a douche though...

Kelly 2 Allen 05-08-2023 11:30 PM

Why is Watson in the league? How is Watson not in prison. The guy is a psychopath. The guy exposed himself to hundreds of women most likely abd and got a quarter billion dollars....

Arazia gets falsely accused and career over?
Arazia should talk to al sharpton or rob Parker...

Kelly 2 Allen 05-08-2023 11:33 PM

It's the epitome of evil what happened to him. And it is allowed to happen thousands of times over in this country. It's sick

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-09-2023 04:24 AM

#BelieveAllWomen

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-09-2023 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly 2 Allen (Post 16938691)
It's the epitome of evil what happened to him. And it is allowed to happen thousands of times over in this country. It's sick

It is why men like Carnell Smith are so important.

Raiderhater 05-09-2023 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16938588)
Josh Allen is traumatized by what he saw happen to his teammate. Definitely not appropriate to play football this season until those emotional wounds heal.

Which likely leads to the league awarding them the number one seed in the playoffs.

Red Dawg 05-09-2023 06:03 AM

Women face no backlash for being irresponsible piles of shit. Be a slut get an abortion or the house and the car. Lie and destroy a man's reputation and nothing happens. This bitch should be going to jail. When do a womans actions force her to face the music? Murder? Man wants the baby and woman doesn't she makes the decision to kill it or not. If man doesn't want baby and she does then he's gotta pay or go to jail. It's bullshit.

Women hit men nobody cares. Man hits a woman and you get arrested.

wazu 05-09-2023 06:11 AM

Quote:

Yeah, good point. That could ultimately be what keeps him from getting a shot. Even if legally there’s no case brought against him that nugget is part of the story and a reason teams may still say nah.

Skyy God 05-09-2023 06:27 AM

Punt God?

Sounds like you want to **** him, OP.

RedinTexas 05-09-2023 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16938537)

This will never happen. It would become a deterrent to women coming forward with rape accusations. Obviously, some such women need to be deterred, but the threat of being put in jail for a false accusation would cause some women to remain silent when they really have been raped. However, I would be fully behind a law that would make women that knowingly make false accusations of rape to face the same legal consequences the falsely accused would have faced if convicted. It would be difficult to prove, but there are cases where we know beyond all doubt that it has happened.

InChiefsHeaven 05-09-2023 07:34 AM

Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm broken hearted at the thought of this girl whoring herself out to everyone at a party...I mean damn...

Well, let this be a lesson. Don't be banging strange at a party. I know, unpopular opinion and all, since apparently we're all animals who can't control themselves...but just saying. Maybe he learned from this.

And yes, I hope he sues and gets a ton of money. I hope this girl gets some help because she's got some SERIOUS self esteem and probably substance abuse issues.

alanm 05-09-2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Bet her dad is proud.

Daddy's little girl. I feel bad for the guy. That is if he's even in her life.

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhater (Post 16938755)
Which likely leads to the league awarding them the number one seed in the playoffs.

Buffalo was leading the race, and then that race was stopped. While buffalo is stopped kc jumps ahead.
Kc was literally gifted the one spot...

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16938767)
Women face no backlash for being irresponsible piles of shit. Be a slut get an abortion or the house and the car. Lie and destroy a man's reputation and nothing happens. This bitch should be going to jail. When do a womans actions force her to face the music? Murder? Man wants the baby and woman doesn't she makes the decision to kill it or not. If man doesn't want baby and she does then he's gotta pay or go to jail. It's bullshit.

This wasn't always the case. Lots of laws changed after the 1960s...

Ask yourself why...?

Kiimo 05-09-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16938767)

How's your men's rights platform going for you

Kiimo 05-09-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly 2 Allen (Post 16938869)
This wasn't always the case. Lots of laws changed after the 1960s...

Ask yourself why...?

Yeah life sure was better back in the olden days where nobody listened to or believed the victims

RedinTexas 05-09-2023 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly 2 Allen (Post 16938866)
Buffalo was leading the race, and then that race was stopped. While buffalo is stopped kc jumps ahead.

This is truly stupid. KC was not gifted anything. Buffalo was gifted an out. Scheduling the AFC championship game for a neutral site if KC and Buffalo met, that was a gift. Allowing Buffalo an out for failing to finish a game was a gift. Yes, there was tragedy on the field, but Buffalo was trailing in that game and looked about to go further behind. Then that same team defeated Buffalo in Buffalo, yet you're here to tell us how KC was gifted the #1 seed.

Bearcat 05-09-2023 08:40 AM

Quote:

We've been missing this kind of TBD logic around here lately.

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedinTexas (Post 16938874)
This is truly stupid. KC was not gifted anything. Buffalo was gifted an out. Scheduling the AFC championship game for a neutral site if KC and Buffalo met, that was a gift. Allowing Buffalo an out for failing to finish a game was a gift. Yes, there was tragedy on the field, but Buffalo was trailing in that game and looked about to go further behind. Then that same team defeated Buffalo in Buffalo, yet you're here to tell us how KC was gifted the #1 seed.

The bills Bengals game should have been rescheduled. Because it wasn't the chiefs were allowed to jump buffalo while literally holding the bills in place.

Would buffalo had won? That's a different argument. But yes, because that game wasn't rescheduled kc was literally gifted the one seed.

It's a moot point because right now buffalo is not winning a championship under McDermott.

Many bills fans equate their ascendency to McDermott when the reality is that they hit on a great franchise QB.

So don't lump me into a bills fan saying " oh buffalo would've won. If buffalo played kc again in the playoffs they most likely lose because McDermott is not competent

TLO 05-09-2023 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly 2 Allen (Post 16938895)
The bills Bengals game should have been rescheduled. Because it wasn't the chiefs were allowed to jump buffalo while literally holding the bills in place.

Would buffalo had won? That's a different argument. But yes, because that game wasn't rescheduled kc was literally gifted the one seed.

It's a moot point because right now buffalo is not winning a championship under McDermott.

Many bills fans equate their ascendency to McDermott when the reality is that they hit on a great franchise QB.

So don't lump me into a bills fan saying " oh buffalo would've won. If buffalo played kc again in the playoffs they most likely lose because McDermott is not competent

Shut the **** up

Bugeater 05-09-2023 08:58 AM

Quote:

Get the **** out of here with that shit

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 08:58 AM

You're assuming an unknown to justify gifting the one seed to kc.

Reschedule the game and then there would be no conjecture

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Brett Statue (Post 16938897)
Shut the **** up

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16938871)
How's your men's rights platform going for you

Do you believe all women bro? Don't worry the media told you it's true.

Bearcat 05-09-2023 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 16938901)
Get the **** out of here with that shit

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/BtEw37CXZti8yfq3Ke" width="480" height="315" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/PermissionIO-power-bruce-almighty-ive-got-the-BtEw37CXZti8yfq3Ke">via GIPHY</a></p>

RedinTexas 05-09-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

You can cry all over the board if you want, but KC was not gifted anything. Buffalo lost a home game in the divisional round to the same team they were playing in that unfinished game. What is it that you're whining about? You couldn't beat that team playing at home, but somehow you want us to believe you would have beaten them on the road. Yet, the fact remains that you failed to advance past the divisional round in a HOME game!! WTF do you want? You played the Bengals at home and lost. We played the Bengals at home and won. Go cry on your home board b/c nobody here cares.

Kelly 2 Allen 05-09-2023 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16938912)
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/BtEw37CXZti8yfq3Ke" width="480" height="315" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/PermissionIO-power-bruce-almighty-ive-got-the-BtEw37CXZti8yfq3Ke">via GIPHY</a></p>

Imagine your team being gifted the one seed and then blocking anyone who says " umm yeah you've to reschedule the game, otherwise you're just arbitrarily giving the one seed to kc "

The insecurity among chiefs fans about Allen is sad...

Bugeater 05-09-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly 2 Allen (Post 16938926)
Imagine your team being gifted the one seed and then blocking anyone who says " umm yeah you've to reschedule the game, otherwise you're just arbitrarily giving the one seed to kc "

Eh, why would I imagine it, I'm living it now.

RealSNR 05-09-2023 09:19 AM

Quote:

Look, I get not having confidence in your coach, but is McDermott the reason Allen constantly puts his body in harm's way and can't play at full strength at the end of the year?

Let's say you fired him this offseason. Who would you have hired, and would that guy really have been an upgrade? Let's say you would've been able to land Reich. What's his resume? Offense minded, which is good, but whattaya know... a slightly above .500 coach with two playoff appearances in five years. Maybe you would've been able to convince Dan Quinn? Okay resume... but does he do anything all that different from McDermott?

If you can't find an elite head coach (easier said than done) there are a whole bunch of guys like McDermott who are just good enough to be able to put you over the top if they get lucky enough or their GM gets them the necessary talent. And the other half of the league is full of dingus morons and idiots who fail within 3 years. In the end, you're probably better off with McDermott.

ReynardMuldrake 05-09-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

"Is stopped"? There's not some external influence holding back Buffalo. The Bills made the decision to not complete the game. Direct your anger at McDermott if you want to be mad at somebody.

DJJasonp 05-09-2023 09:55 AM

leave it to bills fan to derail this thread......... smh.

Pablo 05-09-2023 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly 2 Allen (Post 16938926)

There’s nothing to be insecure about. He’s the dollar store version of Cam Newton. Never won shit and never will. Thems the breaks

RealSNR 05-09-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 16938967)
"Is stopped"? There's not some external influence holding back Buffalo. The Bills made the decision to not complete the game. Direct your anger at McDermott if you want to be mad at somebody.

And that giant pussy of a QB who kind of led the charge in not wanting to play.