ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Broncos Want To Interview EB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341809)

dtrain 01-10-2022 04:50 PM

Broncos Want To Interview EB

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/01/...enver-broncos/

The Denver Broncos are the first team to show official interest in Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy for a head coaching opening this offseason. NFL reporter Ian Rapoport says George Paton has reached out for an interview to potentially take the place of the recently fired Vic Fangio.

The Broncos should be well-versed in what Bieniemy might have to offer as a head coach after playing against him and the rest of Andy Reid’s staff twice a year since the 2013 season. Bieniemy has worked his way up the food chain in Kansas City, going from longtime running backs coach to offensive coordinator for the last four seasons—each of which has featured Patrick Mahomes as the team’s starting quarterback.

Bieniemy has been a hot commodity in the potential head coaching circuit for each of those seasons. In the first year, it was easy to overlook the jobs that passed him over for his lack of experience as a coordinator. By now, however, he’s put in considerable time with a winning franchise and comes with years of experience next to one of the NFL’s most storied coaches ever in Andy Reid.

For the Broncos, the shift from Fangio to Bieniemy would be a big shift away from the defensive-minded leader to someone who is so charismatic on the offensive side. Bieniemy, who is 52 years old, has made no secret of his desire to coach a team of his own.

Before joining the Chiefs, Bieniemy served as the offensive coordinator at the University of Colorado, his alma mater, for a couple of seasons. Before that, he was assistant head coach and running backs coach of the Minnesota Vikings.

eDave 01-10-2022 04:51 PM

You don't say.

T-post Tom 01-10-2022 05:04 PM

Get the Rooney rule handled early. Cheaters!

Sure-Oz 01-10-2022 05:49 PM

If he gets hired do the Chiefs still get draft compensation

mr. tegu 01-10-2022 05:53 PM

Oh no! Anyways.

Sofa King 01-10-2022 05:54 PM

Good. Take him. Just don't let him take coaches with him.

HonestChieffan 01-10-2022 05:54 PM

EB deserve better than the ****ing Donks

Red Dawg 01-10-2022 05:55 PM

Good. We need a new OC anyway.

KChiefs1 01-10-2022 05:56 PM

Token interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiimo 01-10-2022 06:03 PM

They already interviewed a black guy so maybe cut the token narrative

That said they should hire him because I think he's going to be bad.

RaidersOftheCellar 01-10-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16067682)

Indeed.

Seems like the perfectly Denver thing to do. LMAO

wazu 01-10-2022 06:09 PM

Really hope EB lands somewhere that I can root for him. Also needs to go somewhere that has a better QB situation.

milkshock 01-10-2022 06:16 PM

Bring back Nagy

Bowser 01-10-2022 06:29 PM

Am I crazy to think that if I were a Donk fan that I'd be all over getting Brian Flores in there then throw the bank at Houston for Watson?

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-10-2022 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16067661)
Good. We need a new OC anyway.

Nagy or Peterson would return...

BigRedChief 01-10-2022 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16067743)
Am I crazy to think that if I were a Donk fan that I'd be all over getting Brian Flores in there then throw the bank at Houston for Watson?

I thought Flores was a good coach. Hope he lands somewhere else. But….. Denver will have a top shelf QB when the season starts next year. So they could land a top coach. Just hope it’s not Rodgers as the new QB.

BWillie 01-10-2022 06:41 PM

How much does EBs issues from college are holding him back? The drunk driving and then getting banned from the Colorado campus for a year. Not sure what it is or what the perception is

BleedingRed 01-10-2022 06:45 PM

Please take him, please

Rasputin 01-10-2022 08:19 PM

No way EB would want to face Patrick Mahomes twice a season. He will likely go out of division maybe Bears.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 16067717)
Bring back Nagy

For ****s sake. Why?

Halfcan 01-10-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16067770)
I thought Flores was a good coach. Hope he lands somewhere else. But….. Denver will have a top shelf QB when the season starts next year. So they could land a top coach. Just hope it’s not Rodgers as the new QB.

Doubtful.

Chris Meck 01-10-2022 08:28 PM

We need the pics more than we need any OC not named Andy Reid.

Titty Meat 01-10-2022 08:54 PM

I hope they get him I don't think Binemey is all that. The success is Reid/HOF coach. Give us those picks and keep Harbaugh out of the division

Titty Meat 01-10-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16068085)
We need the pics more than we need any OC not named Andy Reid.

This. Promote Kafka and groom the next up and coming coach at the QB coach position

Chief Pagan 01-10-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16067791)
Please take him, please

Is there anyway we can split the draft compensation with them?

Trade them a third for a practice squad guy?

Stryker 01-10-2022 09:23 PM

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ
Take him! Next OC up! :thumb:

Stryker 01-10-2022 09:24 PM

"It's all about the fundamentals!" PLEASE enjoy Donkeyland!

Megatron96 01-10-2022 09:27 PM

Don't think this will happen anyway, but if it does, EB should make sure it's in his contract that he gets to choose his assistants, otherwise, he should tell them to go pound sand.

Dunerdr 01-10-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16067757)
Nagy or Peterson would return...

Peterson was getting kicked out when he left, not a chance.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16067743)

Sounds like they have a strong interest in Flores.

NEOM 01-11-2022 06:00 AM

EB going to Denver with Rodgers and Adams joining. They would be favorite right away.

TEX 01-11-2022 06:28 AM

What gets me about the whole process is, I don't understand why they just don't make it so that nobody can be contacted until after the Super Bowl. That would be fair. I don't see why trash teams looking for a HC, like the Broncos, should be able to interfere in any way with a winning team's post season preparation. Just wait until after the Super Bowl for all of it.

booger 01-11-2022 06:56 AM

EB was in Minny when Paton was asst GM and Childress HC. So was Brendan Daly.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 16068713)
EB was in Minny when Paton was asst GM and Childress HC. So was Brendan Daly.

I had forgotten they interviewed Flores same year as Fangio. I’ll bet he’s the leader in the clubhouse right now. I don’t know if he’s the best pick or not, but I would rank him higher than EB and several others.

booger 01-11-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16068717)
I had forgotten they interviewed Flores same year as Fangio. I’ll bet he’s the leader in the clubhouse right now. I don’t know if he’s the best pick or not, but I would rank him higher than EB and several others.

Depending on how big of an asshole he really is and how big an issue he has with relationships. Because of that I could see him anywhere from A hc candidate or back to being a LB coach. All depends on how he is to work with. He can definitely coach but has issues

Gravedigger 01-11-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 16068703)
EB going to Denver with Rodgers and Adams joining. They would be favorite right away.

Same could be said about Adams choosing to go to KC instead, and taking a team friendly deal to do so. It’s fun to make-believe!

wazu 01-11-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16068704)
What gets me about the whole process is, I don't understand why they just don't make it so that nobody can be contacted until after the Super Bowl. That would be fair. I don't see why trash teams looking for a HC, like the Broncos, should be able to interfere in any way with a winning team's post season preparation. Just wait until after the Super Bowl for all of it.

Kinda tough when the Super Bowl is now played in mid-February. NFL teams have to compete with college programs as well as each other in the search for a head coach. So if you make rules that people can't interview you are punishing coaches on successful teams as well as handicapping teams searching for a coach. I'm really not that worried if EB does an interview here and there. Andy and staff will have the game plan ready to go next Sunday regardless.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16068777)
Kinda tough when the Super Bowl is now played in mid-February. NFL teams have to compete with college programs as well as each other in the search for a head coach. So if you make rules that people can't interview you are punishing coaches on successful teams as well as handicapping teams searching for a coach. I'm really not that worried if EB does an interview here and there. Andy and staff will have the game plan ready to go next Sunday regardless.

Yeah, so many factors. I think they're doing the best they can and better than they did years ago with the process.

Zap Rowsdower 01-11-2022 08:37 AM

As a Chiefs fan I wish he would go to the NFC so I can root for him. He is easily the most successful offensive coordinator in Chief's history so hopefully he lands in a good spot.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower (Post 16068790)
As a Chiefs fan I wish he would go to the NFC so I can root for him. He is easily the most successful offensive coordinator in Chief's history so hopefully he lands in a good spot.

Wonder why that is the case.

The Franchise 01-11-2022 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16068717)

Why would Flores want to go to Denver?

dirk digler 01-11-2022 08:41 AM

Any HC candidate should be leery of going to Denver because of their ownership issues. All of it could be blown up in a year.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16068795)
Why would Flores want to go to Denver?

Again, there are only 32 of these gigs... about a half dozen open up each year. The ownership issues will be resolved one way or another. They have a good defense and strong talent. They need a QB and better coaching.

But, you're right ... why would Flores want to look there.

ChiefsFan123456 01-11-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 16067645)
If he gets hired do the Chiefs still get draft compensation

I do not think so, since when assistant coaches go interview other teams and get compensated for it if hired?

notorious 01-11-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16068235)
Don't think this will happen anyway, but if it does, EB should make sure it's in his contract that he gets to choose his assistants, otherwise, he should tell them to go pound sand.

An assistant would be stupid to leave Andy for anything other than a head job.

He produces head coaches like division titles.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 16067656)
EB deserve better than the ****ing Donks

He really doesn't.

There's a reason he's not getting these HC vacancies. He's going to get Peter Principled as soon as he gets a shot at the big chair.

EB is a position coach; a fire and brimstone leader who demands the respect of his players. But I've seen very little to indicate he's the sort of organizer and tactician required to be a good HC or even a top notch OC.

And I suspect some of that is coming through in the interview process.

If he gets an offer anywhere, he should take it.

Valiant 01-11-2022 09:47 AM

If only this weren't the Rooney rule I would be excited for him.

T-post Tom 01-11-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 16068908)

Yep! Damn donks are requesting interviews with half the league. EB has no real shot here.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 16068908)

Hey, I hope like hell he gets a job. The draft picks would be great as would the ascension of Kafka (or return of Nagy) to the OC role.

And it never hurts to broaden the Andy coaching tree; relationships are huge in the NFL.

I just don't think he'll be terribly successful. Maybe he can be a smarter Dan Campbell and have guys playing hard for him to grit and grind his way to 8-10 wins/yr.

But I don't see much ceiling here at all. Guy's in his 50s and has never been a HC at any level. I just don't see him amounting to heck of a lot as a HC.

The Franchise 01-11-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16068919)
Hey, I hope like hell he gets a job. The draft picks would be great as would the ascension of Kafka (or return of Nagy) to the OC role.

And it never hurts to broaden the Andy coaching tree; relationships are huge in the NFL.

I just don't think he'll be terribly successful. Maybe he can be a smarter Dan Campbell and have guys playing hard for him to grit and grind his way to 8-10 wins/yr.

But I don't see much ceiling here at all. Guy's in his 50s and has never been a HC at any level. I just don't see him amounting to heck of a lot as a HC.

I'm hoping he goes to Minnesota.

rabblerouser 01-11-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

100% all of this.

lawrenceRaider 01-11-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16067682)

Fans of the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers hope the Donks hire EB.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16068927)
I'm hoping he goes to Minnesota.

Lot of veterans on that squad.

I'm not sure a noob coach will be able to establish himself all that well in a new locker room with a veteran QB, WRs and defense.

Some of those speeches that get attention here in KC will just engender eyerolls in an established lockerroom.

Miami is probably the best fit for him. Lot of young talent he can try to mold and it seems sometimes like Tua's biggest problem is that he doesn't seem engaged. EB could at least change that.

neech 01-11-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16067770)

Oh yeah, who might that be?

The Franchise 01-11-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16068946)
Lot of veterans on that squad.

I'm not sure a noob coach will be able to establish himself all that well in a new locker room with a veteran QB, WRs and defense.

Some of those speeches that get attention here in KC will just engender eyerolls in an established lockerroom.

Miami is probably the best fit for him. Lot of young talent he can try to mold and it seems sometimes like Tua's biggest problem is that he doesn't seem engaged. EB could at least change that.

I say Minnesota because he's got familiarity with their ownership but Miami would be a good spot for him. He could work with Tua, or Watson if they want to trade for him.

ChiefsFan123456 01-11-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16068957)
I say Minnesota because he's got familiarity with their ownership but Miami would be a good spot for him. He could work with Tua, or Watson if they want to trade for him.

I do not think the ownership is going to bring Bieniemy back after letting Bieniemy go

warpaint* 01-11-2022 10:14 AM

Hire him
Please
At some point Reid will retire and I fear them getting politicked into hiring him

mabbott 01-11-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456 (Post 16068812)
I do not think so, since when assistant coaches go interview other teams and get compensated for it if hired?

Since 2020, the NFL made a resolution that rewards teams for developing minority head coaches. If a team has a minority assistant coach that gets hired as a head coach they get free 3rd round picks for the next two years as a reward.

duncan_idaho 01-11-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Our brains must be aligned today. Thius perfectly describes where I'm at.

saphojunkie 01-11-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabbott (Post 16069163)
Since 2020, the NFL made a resolution that rewards teams for developing minority head coaches. If a team has a minority assistant coach that gets hired as a head coach they get free 3rd round picks for the next two years as a reward.

For this reason alone I root for EB to get a head coaching gig.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2022 12:33 PM

Get EB out of here. He almost ruined Mahomes.

MagicHef 01-11-2022 12:49 PM

I'm interested in Kellen Moore. Extremely young, but a very good OC, good enough that he survived an HC change. I feel like he's a high-risk high-reward choice, and I don't want to be stuck in mediocrity with a Dan Quinn or the like.

Mile High Mania 01-11-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 16069298)
I'm interested in Kellen Moore. Extremely young, but a very good OC, good enough that he survived an HC change. I feel like he's a high-risk high-reward choice, and I don't want to be stuck in mediocrity with a Dan Quinn or the like.

I dunno... the team is loaded with talent and he's been there 3 years while they've had records of 8-8, 6-10 and 12-5. Yes, they've had a phenomenal 2021 ... losing to Tampa, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders and Cardinals. Dallas was a 56 yard FG (as time expired) away from losing to the Chargers and being 0-4 vs the AFCW.

Cowboys had huge games against the Eagles, WFT, Panthers, Giants, Falcons... definitely took advantage of the scheduling. I don't think I believe in Moore just yet.

ToxSocks 01-11-2022 01:01 PM

If im the Broncos i'd be interested in Urban Meyer.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-11-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOM (Post 16068703)

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. But other than that, great post. :thumb:

wachashi 01-11-2022 01:08 PM

EB will coach the Vikings next season.

MagicHef 01-11-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16069310)
I dunno... the team is loaded with talent and he's been there 3 years while they've had records of 8-8, 6-10 and 12-5. Yes, they've had a phenomenal 2021 ... losing to Tampa, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders and Cardinals. Dallas was a 56 yard FG (as time expired) away from losing to the Chargers and being 0-4 vs the AFCW.

Cowboys had huge games against the Eagles, WFT, Panthers, Giants, Falcons... definitely took advantage of the scheduling. I don't think I believe in Moore just yet.

It’s true that Moore has not proven himself yet. If he had though, he’d be #1 on every team’s list.

Just as a counterpoint, the 6-10 season had the following starting QBs:

Andy Dalton (9 games)
Dak Prescott (5 games)
Ben DiNucci? (1 game)
Garret Gilbert? (1 game)

Also, they had the #28 defense that year. Hard for an OC to have much success in that situation.

mabbott 01-11-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16069315)
If im the Broncos i'd be interested in Urban Meyer.

Is that just because you want them to keep going through coaches?

Urban Meyer is a garbage NFL coach that is so full of himself.

Zap Rowsdower 01-11-2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16069271)
Get EB out of here. He almost ruined Mahomes.

How?

DJJasonp 01-11-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabbott (Post 16069358)

im pretty sure that was sarcasm. :hmmm:

TNTEICHER 01-11-2022 02:07 PM

Am I in the minority? -- I think EB is holding this offense back. I don't see him as an offensive mastermind.
He is more of a rah, rah kind of coach. Those are needed but they are a dime a dozen.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower (Post 16069392)
How?

by being a shitty coach that is tied to Reid's coattails

Sofa King 01-11-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNTEICHER (Post 16069401)
Am I in the minority? -- I think EB is holding this offense back. I don't see him as an offensive mastermind.
He is more of a rah, rah kind of coach. Those are needed but they are a dime a dozen.

Agreed. I don't see him as overly valuable.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNTEICHER (Post 16069401)

The "Why won't you just run the ball!!!" crowd believes EB helps balance out Reid's tendency towards the passing game.

Meanwhile Bieniemy will flat out tell you that he sees those quick screens and fast slant passes on RPOs as a 'run play' when he's charting their output.

Bieniemy isn't doing anything to override or influence Andy Reid. But hey, gotta run the football or something.

Pitt Gorilla 01-11-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16069405)
by being a shitty coach that is tied to Reid's coattails

What specifically about him is "shitty?"

BWillie 01-11-2022 03:34 PM

I dont really think our offensive coordinator matters much. Its Reids offense. You think it would even change if we brought in someone like Kirk Ferentzs son who runs a complete opposite offense at Iowa. We would still run the same shit.

ptlyon 01-11-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16069481)
I dont really think our offensive coordinator matters much. Its Reids offense. You think it would even change if we brought in someone like Kirk Ferentzs son who runs a complete opposite offense at Iowa. We would still run the same shit.

DON'T YOU EVER BRING UP THAT POS ON THIS CHIEFS BOARD, NOT EVER! Or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. You'll think you got ****ed by a train.

Give him another month to think about it.

Spott 01-11-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabbott (Post 16069358)

Which is exactly why the donkeys need him.

BWillie 01-11-2022 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 16069490)
DON'T YOU EVER BRING UP THAT POS ON THIS CHIEFS BOARD, NOT EVER! Or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one-bunk Hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. You'll think you got ****ed by a train.

Give him another month to think about it.

Rofl

Rainbarrel 01-11-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wachashi (Post 16069326)
EB will coach the Vikings next season.

House to LSU. 2022, the purpling