ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dude implies the Chiefs cheated.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333745)

Mecca 09-21-2020 12:44 PM

Dude implies the Chiefs cheated..

I think this is laughable personally.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What does Townsend pick up after the kick?? <a href="https://t.co/Ve0pCWO4TR">https://t.co/Ve0pCWO4TR</a></p>&mdash; Matthew Stephenson (@Ya_Boy_Matty) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ya_Boy_Matty/status/1308050280848781312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin 09-21-2020 12:47 PM

He didn't pick up anything he touched the turf with his hand for touching the spot of the kick that went through the up rights that won us the game.

Chiefspants 09-21-2020 12:49 PM

Remember when this was us?

Shaid 09-21-2020 12:49 PM

What exactly could have been put down to help there? A quarter to mark your spot on a golf green? Make no sense how there could be any implication of cheating there.

Hammock Parties 09-21-2020 12:49 PM

https://i.imgur.com/upylOGh.jpg

chiefzilla1501 09-21-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 15184166)
What exactly could have been put down to help there? A quarter to mark your spot on a golf green? Make no sense how there could be any implication of cheating there.

Yeah, the guy asking the question is an actual holder. The op might be misleading because he doesn't look like he's accusing, just picked up on something and is curious what's going on. He does look like he's picking up something. But its hard to imagine any scenario that would actually help with the kick.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 12:53 PM

The ball is on the lightning bolt - it's bright ****ing yellow.

If there were a foreign object there, it would be plainly visible. :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties 09-21-2020 12:53 PM

Is he replacing a piece of turf?

Is it legal to rip up a piece of turf to place the ball in?

Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15184167)

This is correct.

lcarus 09-21-2020 12:54 PM

He put down a magical silver dollar that when used to kick a ball, has MAGICAL POWERS!

htismaqe 09-21-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15184180)
Is he replacing a piece of turf?

Is it legal to rip up a piece of turf to place the ball in?

A divot would have showed up, you'd have a black hole in the middle of the yellow.

wazu 09-21-2020 12:55 PM

Pretty clear that the reason Butker has been so good is the Chiefs have somehow figured out how to place and set the ball perfectly onto a microscopic kicking tee. Hopefully Colquitt doesn't rat them out now that he's a Steeler.

Mecca 09-21-2020 12:55 PM

It's pretty sad, I think his implication is that is it a little tee of some sort but cmon it'd be really noticeable.

Coochie liquor 09-21-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15184183)
He put down a magical silver dollar that when used to kick a ball, has MAGICAL POWERS!

Is it like the pick of destiny? Does this mean Butker can do a cock push-up??

DJ's left nut 09-21-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15184174)
Yeah, the guy asking the question is an actual holder. The op might be misleading because he doesn't look like he's accusing, just picked up on something and is curious what's going on. He does look like he's picking up something. But its hard to imagine any scenario that would actually help with the kick.

Someone in the mentions makes a good point.

A kick is so regimented and so specifically timed that if the ball isn't down within an inch of where that ball is expected to be placed, it's gonna get missed.

It isn't about just catching it and putting it on its nose wherever so the kicker can adjust and drill it. The foot's essentially on its way down and the holder has to put the ball in the path of the foot, no?

So what it is would be akin to 'X marks the spot'. Butker takes a couple of warm-up kicks, watches where his foot is coming through and tells Newsome - "put the ball HERE. Not a half inch to the left or right of here, but right !@#$ing here".

So Newsome 'marks the spot' with something he can immediately see and know exactly where to put the ball.

I'll bet even money that's it.

No idea if that's legal but I'd be surprised if it isn't. Kickers are so precise that it's gotta be hard to know exactly where that ball comes down without drawing a little target, so to speak.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15184193)
It's pretty sad, I think his implication is that is it a little tee of some sort but cmon it'd be really noticeable.

REALLY noticeable against the yellow. Unless they had a yellow micro-tee (which of course would stick out like a sore thumb anywhere else on the field).

So ridiculous.

Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15184200)
Someone in the mentions makes a good point.

A kick is so regimented and so specifically timed that if the ball isn't down within an inch of where that ball is expected to be placed, it's gonna get missed.

It isn't about just catching it and putting it on its nose wherever so the kicker can adjust and drill it. The foot's essentially on its way down and the holder has to put the ball in the path of the foot, no?

So what it is would be akin to 'X marks the spot'. Butker takes a couple of warm-up kicks, watches where his foot is coming through and tells Newsome - "put the ball HERE. Not a half inch to the left or right of here, but right !@#$ing here".

So Newsome 'marks the spot' with something he can immediately see and know exactly where to put the ball.

I'll bet even money that's it.

No idea if that's legal but I'd be surprised if it isn't. Kickers are so precise that it's gotta be hard to know exactly where that ball comes down without drawing a little target, so to speak.

This is exactly what it is. He marked the spot, somehow. There is zero chance it's a tee of any sort.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2020 01:02 PM

Though I did just notice the strut.

Butker's back is to that ball for 3 seconds before it clears the uprights.

That dude was locked in like nothing you'll ever see. I wonder if he'd have hit from 65. If he needed 68 I think he had it. I mean lord, he was FEELING it.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15184215)
This is exactly what it is. He marked the spot, somehow. There is zero chance it's a tee of any sort.

A foreign object of any kind would have been visible in the bottom video. It's in high def.

wazu 09-21-2020 01:04 PM

If something were picked up, it would've been in his right hand. He runs over and jumps on Butker, and then you see his right hand hanging at his side, open. Doesn't appear to have anything in his grasp. So sounds like the rookie needs to buy us a new micro-tee.

Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15184217)

That dude was locked in like nothing you'll ever see. I wonder if he'd have hit from 65. If he needed 68 I think he had it. I mean lord, he was FEELING it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> kicker Harrison Butker said two pretty wild things after the game <br><br>- he got angrier each of the three kicks at the end of the game<br>- he hit from 67 before the game and 70 at halftime, so 58 meant he could “swing easy”</p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1307861345384235008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tk13 09-21-2020 01:05 PM

My guess was some kind of ball marker too. If he is doing something illegal I find it really hard to believe another NFL team wouldn't have picked up on it. Particularly considering we play the Patriots every year. No way Belichick's staff would miss something like that.

wazu 09-21-2020 01:07 PM

I'm really hoping Soren is the one who asks Andy about this.

Mecca 09-21-2020 01:07 PM

I'll give Townsend credit, a rooking holding in that spot is tough and he did the job every time, feel comfortable with him now.

KCrockaholic 09-21-2020 01:09 PM

He could've made some kind of divot marker on the field considering Butker had just kicked from that spot 30 seconds before that. It might've gave the two time to say something or make a quick mark for where to place the ball.

Simply Red 09-21-2020 01:09 PM

Claynus is a big Twitter head - and I see his post up there. He'll handle that dude, I'm sure.

Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15184236)
I'll give Townsend credit, a rooking holding in that spot is tough and he did the job every time, feel comfortable with him now.

At some point, it might be nice to get a youngin to replace Winchester's holding ass.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 15184241)
He could've made some kind of divot marker on the field considering Butker had just kicked from that spot 30 seconds before that. It might've gave the two time to say something or make a quick mark for where to place the ball.

You would have seen a divot in the paint.

I'm watching the video in HD on a 27" screen. There's literally nothing there. No divot, no foreign object, nothing.

It's bright yellow paint. Unless they are using a bright yellow tiddly wink for a marker, there's simply nothing there.

Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2020 01:10 PM

BTW, the answer to Matthew Stephenson is "your wife."

wazu 09-21-2020 01:11 PM

Do we have video of the field goal from earlier in the game?

Mecca 09-21-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15184246)
At some point, it might be nice to get a youngin to replace Winchester's holding ass.

Winchester has had some shit moments, that Titans game last year I was ready to cut him, he lost that game as a long snapper.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15184249)
BTW, the answer to Matthew Stephenson is "your wife."

LMAO

DJ's left nut 09-21-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15184222)
If something were picked up, it would've been in his right hand. He runs over and jumps on Butker, and then you see his right hand hanging at his side, open. Doesn't appear to have anything in his grasp. So sounds like the rookie needs to buy us a new micro-tee.

Sure looks like the guy has something in his hand here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EidcvkoW...g&name=900x900

yeah, it's his left hand, but watch the video - he scoops it with his right and then puts his hand together in front of his body as he's running to Butker. I'm pretty positive that's the 'transfer' that gets it to his left hand.

That's just a couple of 'unnatural' acts. Why would he reach/scoop with his right after using his left to boost himself up? And why is he clearly pinching something between his fingers with his left shortly thereafter? Sure seems to point to the conclusion that he picked something up and was holding it.

But where I keep coming to is that it's probably legal. I mean...surely they aren't that blatant. Or it's some kind of 'unwritten rule' thing where nobody cares.

Deberg_1990 09-21-2020 01:12 PM

Its pretty clear that its one of the newer modern tees which have the ability launch the ball another 10-15 yards.

Hammock Parties 09-21-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15184250)
Do we have video of the field goal from earlier in the game?

I looked - didn't see anything.

ThaVirus 09-21-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15184164)
Remember when this was us?

I was thinking that yesterday lol

It seems like the amount of times the refs rat**** us has gone down tremendously, but the truth is, we just weren't a great team back when we thought the refs were against us. These days a dumbass, ticky tack penalty isn't a drive killer like it used to be.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15184254)

yeah, it's his left hand, but watch the video - he scoops it with his right and then puts his hand together in front of his body as he's running to Butker. I'm pretty positive that's the 'transfer' that gets it to his left hand.

That's just a couple of 'unnatural' acts. Why would he reach/scoop with his right after using his left to boost himself up? And why is he clearly pinching something between his fingers with his left shortly thereafter? Sure seems to point to the conclusion that he picked something up and was holding it.

But where I keep coming to is that it's probably legal. I mean...surely they aren't that blatant. Or it's some kind of 'unwritten rule' thing where nobody cares.

Look at his left hand IMMEDIATELY after the ball is kicked. He's pinching his fingers together before he ever touches the field with his right hand. It's a gesture, it's something in his ritual. There's nothing in his left hand.

ToxSocks 09-21-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

It's probably a booger. Check the video, see if he's rolling it between his fingers before flicking it off.

Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15184264)
I was thinking that yesterday lol

It seems like the amount of times the refs rat**** us has gone down tremendously, but the truth is, we just weren't a great team back when we thought the refs were against us. These days a dumbass, ticky tack penalty isn't a drive killer like it used to be.

The refs were acting like they got an extra $25000 for each holding penalty they called on the Chiefs yesterday. Pat simply didn't let it bother him.

Mecca 09-21-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15184266)
It's probably a booger. Check the video, see if he's rolling it between his fingers before flicking it off.

What if he is a big time booger guy and he picked a monster and laid it on the turf. Butker hits the kick and he decides that’s his lucky booger now, can’t let it go.

ThaVirus 09-21-2020 01:16 PM

The refs are just shitty, IMO. They **** up frequently and more often than not one of the teams is going to draw the short end of the stick so it seems like the officials have an agenda.

The game yesterday was a decent example. The Chargers converted a 4th and 1 in which their RG clearly moved wayyy early. I believe they ended up scoring points on that drive. Then we had a couple tough holding calls against us on our final drive.. but if the refs were truly looking to **** us, they wouldn't have missed Tyreek taking his helmet off after his TD.

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is right after the ball left Butker's foot.

He's already pinching the fingers in his left hand before he "picked up the object" in question.

cabletech94 09-21-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15184194)
Is it like the pick of destiny? Does this mean Butker can do a cock push-up??

He can do 1. 1 cock push up.

Why Not? 09-21-2020 01:19 PM

It was a torn up piece of Joey Bosa’s written down cardio plan.

KCrockaholic 09-21-2020 01:19 PM

The old Chiefs lose that game due to the penalties called at the end of regulation

ToxSocks 09-21-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15184276)
This is right after the ball left Butker's foot.

He's already pinching the fingers in his left hand before he "picked up the object" in question.

This confirms it. It was a booger.

FAX 09-21-2020 01:21 PM

Somebody local ...

Please, please, please ... call Petro and ask him to bring this up in the next presser.

TIA

FAX

kcpasco 09-21-2020 01:25 PM

It’s obvious hit nuts dug up some turf with those 3 kicks.

dirk digler 09-21-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

I watched the video and it definitely looks like he picks something up. I don't play golf but maybe he is marking it like you would do when you putt.

Hammock Parties 09-21-2020 01:27 PM

Planet burst.... LMAO

htismaqe 09-21-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15184305)
I watched the video and it definitely looks like he picks something up. I don't play golf but maybe he is marking it like you would do when you putt.

If he's putting down a ball marker, it is 1) bright yellow and 2) the size of a dime or smaller.

You'd be able to see anything else.

Buehler445 09-21-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15184217)

Im not sure I’ve ever been that confident of anything in my whole life.

Much less a record tying field goal. Jesus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15184225)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> kicker Harrison Butker said two pretty wild things after the game <br><br>- he got angrier each of the three kicks at the end of the game<br>- he hit from 67 before the game and 70 at halftime, so 58 meant he could “swing easy”</p>&mdash; Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1307861345384235008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL. I don’t even know what to say to that. At 70 does he have to take into account the Coriolis effect? I’d hate to lose a game because the kicker doesn’t know the earth is moving.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 15184279)
He can do 1. 1 cock push up.

Well one is all ya need...

DJ's left nut 09-21-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15184311)
LOL. I don’t even know what to say to that. At 70 does he have to take into account the Coriolis effect? I’d hate to lose a game because the kicker doesn’t know the earth is moving.

"When asked about his near-miss 78 yard game-winner that bounced off the left upright, Butker responded 'yeah, I forgot to check the position of the moon - ****ing tidal pull will get you every time...'"

I mean that's just the swingingest dick move I've ever seen from a kicker. Just hilarious.

lcarus 09-21-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15184311)
Im not sure I’ve ever been that confident of anything in my whole life.

Much less a record tying field goal. Jesus.

He didn't actually kick the ball far at all. He just kicked it high and the uprights circled around to accept it.

Zebedee DuBois 09-21-2020 01:39 PM

I don't think he did have anything there....but for the sake of this thread - suppose he had a clear piece of plastic - like a clear tiddily wink to use as a place marker. He would be able to see it from his distance, but anyone six feet away would not be able to see it.

RealSNR 09-21-2020 01:50 PM

It was Tommy Townsend in the library with the lead pipe

Wilson8 09-21-2020 01:54 PM

Wait... if you watch the video on the 14 second mark, you can clearly watch NFL crew chief Carl Chaffers bend down on the field to pick up his payment that Andy Reid dropped there just moments before.

Yep, this game was surely fixed. They just threw in some of those extra penalties against the Chiefs to make it interesting.

lcarus 09-21-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15184364)
It was Tommy Townsend in the library with the lead pipe

You can make light of this situation with jokes all you want. It won't change the fact the Chiefs holder sprinkled magical field goal fairy dust and the Chiefs are a bunch of cheating whores!

FAX 09-21-2020 01:56 PM

Boogergate.

My 2020 Bingo Card runneth over.

FAX

KCUnited 09-21-2020 02:02 PM

It was Joe Niekro's emery board

Hoover 09-21-2020 02:22 PM

Probably just Townsends hair brush.

Skyy God 09-21-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15184267)
The refs were acting like they got an extra $25000 for each holding penalty they called on the Chiefs yesterday. Pat simply didn't let it bother him.

I thew my slides every time they called holding.

Wilson8 09-21-2020 02:29 PM

Looking through the NFL official rule book (below quoted information) was all I could find.

Whatever Tommy "Pete" Townsend had in his hand was not large enough to be a tee.

I think we are good.

Quote:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2020-nfl-rulebook/

ARTICLE 2. RESULTS OF A TRY
During a Try, the following shall apply:

If a kick results in a field goal by the offense, one point is awarded. An artificial or manufactured tee shall not be permitted to assist in the execution of a Try-kick. (The conditions of 11-4-1 must be met.)

Jodi's Bareback 09-21-2020 02:31 PM

It's a marker

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BkQEUFzMe8s?start=3861" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 09-21-2020 02:32 PM

That's a damn tiny marker. :D

Rain Man 09-21-2020 02:37 PM

He might have been picking a small piece of turf to send to Canton. The Hall of Fame likes stuff like "here's a piece of the turf near where Harrison Butker kicked three straight 50+ yard field goals in overtime".

But yeah, if it's anything at all I bet it's a spot marker of some sort. I've never heard that such a thing is illegal.

Wilson8 09-21-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodi's Bareback (Post 15184460)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BkQEUFzMe8s?start=3861" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for posting. That was a good video showing how he uses a marker.

Donger 09-21-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Looks like it. Butker seems to press his foot onto it.

Is a marker considered to be a "tee"?

ClevelandBronco 09-21-2020 02:40 PM

There’s no need to be indignant about it. There’s not a thing wrong with cheating in professional sports.

Rain Man 09-21-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Good detective work.

Did Colquitt do that, or is that a Tommy thing?

Dayze 09-21-2020 02:47 PM

don't worry; millions of idiots across the country will claim that the marker represented an unfair advantage in the kicking game, and had an impact on the game.

meanwhile, they'll say that an under-inflated football doesn't matter.

Hoover 09-21-2020 02:52 PM

Hey and props to the holder!

I love kicking long as FGs!

TinyEvel 09-21-2020 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GUYS THIS IS THE MARKER HE PUT DOWN TO MARK THE PLACE SPOT, MATCHES THE YELLOW PAINT, IT'S PERFECTLY LEGAL!!! #EXCLUSIVECONTENT

TinyEvel 09-21-2020 02:59 PM

I hope they let let him boot a 68 or 70-yarder in a garbage-time situation.

Jodi's Bareback 09-21-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15184480)
Good detective work.

Did Colquitt do that, or is that a Tommy thing?

I didn't see Colquitt do it in any of the videos that I've looked at.

Scooter LaCanforno 09-21-2020 03:13 PM

Did the Chiefs have 12 men on the field if Willie Gay walks on the field while the ball is on the way ?????? If the ref's had seen it, would they call it and make them kick from 63 yards ?

Wilson8 09-21-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 15184526)

10/25/2020 - Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos might be a good opportunity to try one of those 68 - 70 yard kicks.

Oh, and it might be kind of hard to use that troll doll marker since the tummy height might count as a tee. The quarter in the picture might be more like what they use.

tk13 09-21-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 15184526)

Best chance of ever doing that would be right before halftime. Especially if they could do the free kick rule. You see it every few years. If you fair catch a punt, you're allowed to do a free kick on the next play where the defense can't rush or block you. That would be the perfect time to try it.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15184572)
Best chance of ever doing that would be right before halftime. Especially if they could do the free kick rule. You see it every few years. If you fair catch a punt, you're allowed to do a free kick on the next play where the defense can't rush or block you. That would be the perfect time to try it.

Here's the thing, though - what are the odds that there's so little time on the clock that Andy doesn't take a shot?

I mean lets say for shit's and giggles they're punting from their own 10 and sky one to prevent a return so it's hanging there at the 50 and the fair catch is called.

If there's even 8 seconds left in that half, Andy's gonna give Mahomes a shot to pick up 10 yards. With no timeouts he might STILL try it.

It may happen someday, but those are pretty long odds. Andy's just so aggressive and has so much faith in Mahomes to not do anything stupid that I can't see him taking that free kick opportunity unless the clock's at 0:00 and at that point he might just have Toub send a punt block and not have anyone deep at all.