ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will the Chiefs win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326684)

Hammock Parties 11-12-2019 07:34 PM

Will the Chiefs win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid?

Call your shot, homers and haters.

Bowser 11-12-2019 07:35 PM

Prove me wrong, Andy

Easy 6 11-12-2019 07:35 PM

It’s not if, but WHEN

Molitoth 11-12-2019 07:35 PM

I've been a Yes man... but Andy keeps doing the same stupid shit he has since Philly.... so No... if he won't change, then he won't win.

Deberg_1990 11-12-2019 07:36 PM

Nah.

Jeff Bezos will win a title before Andy.

lawrenceRaider 11-12-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14593003)
I've been a Yes man... but Andy keeps doing the same stupid shit he has since Philly.... so No... if he won't change, then he won't win.

My answer as well.

Why Not? 11-12-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14592999)
Prove me wrong, Andy

This. Will gladly eat crow. And a dick. Even a crow’s dick.

Kman34 11-12-2019 07:42 PM

Yes because.... Mahomes...

Molitoth 11-12-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14593014)
Yes because.... Mahomes...

Can't even beat the Titans "because Mahomes".

HemiEd 11-12-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14593002)
It’s not if, but WHEN

That is how I see it. The biggest and most consistent obstacle for the last 50 years has been the QB and that is fixed.

Now if he would just step back and delegate some of the in game decisions, he might just get there.

When Patrick went down, the team came together, then a lot of them relaxed when he came back.

493rd 11-12-2019 07:50 PM

NO, he won’t. Not a chance. His tendencies are too well-established and he’s too stubborn to change.

kcclone 11-12-2019 07:54 PM

Andy’s teams are too soft. I can’t think of any soft teams that have won it. St Louis maybe?

JakeF 11-12-2019 07:56 PM

Nope, Andy has already proven he can lose with Mahomes. The QB has always been the excuse; "Andy Reid has never had an elite QB". Forget the fact that Andy is supposed to be the best QB coach in the universe but he's never had an elite QB. Yet we have taken it in the shorts with Mahomes. Nobody can deny that Mahomes is elite.

Andy Reid can't even field an elite offense when it counts with Mahomes. We have come up short at crunch time. Andy can't even make our guys protect the ball.

We are soft, sloppy and lack focus. You have to be pretty shitty to lose with a HOF QB like Mahomes. Andy doesn't have a problem losing.

No fair you say? We've had too many injuries on our offensive line. Guess what? Everyone made fun of the Colts for not protecting Andrew Luck with a good Oline. We should have done a better job filling our backups along the Oline. Not hindsight either, our offensive line backups being a problem was discussed at the beginning of the year. Specifically, Cam Erving was pointed out as a problem.

When you have an elite QB, you protect him with a stud Oline.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-12-2019 07:58 PM

Not happening. He’s the Dan Marino of coaches

Easy 6 11-12-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14593022)
That is how I see it. The biggest and most consistent obstacle for the last 50 years has been the QB and that is fixed.

Now if he would just step back and delegate some of the in game decisions, he might just get there.

When Patrick went down, the team came together, then a lot of them relaxed when he came back.

That last sentence boils it down for me... from coaches to players a well discussed malaise of sorts seems to have set in when Money is playing

The defense is waiting around for an offensive miracle, it’s gotta stop... the good news is almost half a season lies ahead and that means there’s time to fix it and get hot down the stretch

notorious 11-12-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14593032)
Andy’s teams are too soft. I can’t think of any soft teams that have won it. St Louis maybe?

Everyone remembers the "Greatest Show on Turf", but they don't remember that the Rams had an excellent defense that was physical as hell.

Their defense deserves as much credit as the offense when it comes to their title and other SB appearance.

Iconic 11-12-2019 07:59 PM

yes.

J Diddy 11-12-2019 08:02 PM

I just can’t figure out what our ****ing problem is. We spent the 90s with a dominant defense and no offense and after the turn of the century we can’t field a defense no matter the fire power we have on offense and special teams.

Ribbs67 11-12-2019 08:05 PM

I want to say yes...but after seeing how totally disconnected he is from everything but sitting with Mahomes on the bench, then I have to say no. Spags in ability to adjust to the game flow is hard to watch. ST are abismal. ( Why we ever field a punt or kick off is beside me. Nothing but holding penalties that put us in a hole. Andy is an awesome coach Monday-Saturday.. but unfortunately on Sundays he is a liability in the most crucial times. Coaching happens during the week.. HC and Game manger is what happens on Sundays. He keeps letting us and the team down.

KCFalcon59 11-12-2019 08:05 PM

I have some doubts, but I think Mahomes wills the Chiefs to a win. Mahomes needs to check out of stupid play calls. Once he starts doing that I think we get over the hump.

Jerok 11-12-2019 08:05 PM

Yes. This year.

New World Order 11-12-2019 08:07 PM

Mahomes is too good for Andy not to win one.

Put Mahomes on that Eagles team Andy had in 2004 and no one is questioning if Andy can win the big one.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-12-2019 08:09 PM

Yes.

JakeF 11-12-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14593062)
Mahomes is too good for Andy not to win one.

You think Reid will let Mahomes take control like that? It won't just take Mahomes being a stud, it will take Reid not handcuffing Mahomes.

Not running ball, not managing the clock, not knowing when to pass/run the ball.

Can Mahomes just tell Andy to **** off and start running the offense. Mahomes is a little young to be able to run an offense. Can any QB run the offense from the huddle against such advanced defensive schemes? To run an offense you have to practice running an offense. I just don't see Andy letting Mahomes lineup in practice and call all the plays.

Reid refused to even let a GM share control, doubtful he lets a QB take control of his offense.

RealSNR 11-12-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14593068)

Reid refused to even let a GM share control, doubtful he lets a QB take control of his offense.

Prove it.

kcclone 11-12-2019 08:19 PM

It takes more than just a sick QB to win a SB. Look at all the great ones with only 1 SB win.

comochiefsfan 11-12-2019 08:27 PM

I don’t think so, but I’d LOVE to eat crow on this.

gold_and_red 11-12-2019 08:30 PM

Reid has lost too many playoff games in KC in record setting and memorable fashion (Indy, Steelers, Titans, Patriots) that his first step to redemption is to lose playoff games the normal way, you know just being outmatched and manhandled for 60 minutes (with this D it doesn't take much to do that). Then we can talk about winning and then about SBs.
Jokes aside if past performances are indicators of future success then the answer is an emphatic No (even with Mahomes who has lost many games because of Reid's game management or lack thereof).

TEX 11-12-2019 08:31 PM

I voted yes, but they're not gonna get anywhere close to one this year. The team is too flawed.

Spott 11-12-2019 08:37 PM

Not a chance in hell.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-12-2019 08:40 PM

If you would have asked me before this season, I would have said emphatically ‘yes’. From what I’ve seen this season, I’m starting to really question that stance. Granted, we’ve had shit luck with injuries this year. I don’t know, though. Andy has certainly not impressed me with his coaching this year. Maybe they’ll look better if/when they get fully healthy? :shrug:

gold_and_red 11-12-2019 08:42 PM

My biggest concern is how poorly Reid's teams are playing at home. It is almost like winning in the regular season to get HFA is a useless exercise. Not that this team plays poorly on the road but playoff home teams will be much stronger that we are making our SB path much much more difficult even with Mahomes.

comochiefsfan 11-12-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 14593107)
My biggest concern is how poorly Reid's teams are playing at home. It is almost like winning in the regular season to get HFA is a useless exercise. Not that this team plays poorly on the road but playoff home teams will be much stronger that we are making our SB path much much more difficult even with Mahomes.

The lack of home field advantage we get at Arrowhead with how good we are is truly puzzling.

Other teams whose home stadiums have similar atmospheres (Seattle, New Orleans, New England, Denver when they’re good) are nearly impossible to beat at home.

Not so with the Chiefs. It’s very frustrating.

ClarkGriswold 11-12-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 14593101)
Not a chance in hell.

I am still shocked that the Royals have won 2 World Series since the Chiefs have won a Super Bowl. Hopefully their Superbowl-less streak doesn't get up there with the Cubs drought they had. Geez.

Maybe Steve Bartman is a Chiefs fan and goes to the playoff games and hides among the Chiefs fans.

Ten years ago I would have said no way the Royals win again before the Chiefs.

Wow!!!!!

Shiver Me Timbers 11-12-2019 09:01 PM

Odds are no.
The team has regressed. I see no signs of it reversing to the point the SB is a serious possibility.
It is on the HC and his track record should be a concern to the ownership.

TLO 11-12-2019 09:06 PM

Most likely, yes.

Jerm 11-12-2019 09:07 PM

Nope.

He's never changed and never will and his detriments will never allow a team, Pat or not, to win a Super Bowl.

He will get outcoached when it matters the most.

aloyouis 11-12-2019 09:08 PM

Nope.

Flying High D 11-12-2019 09:13 PM

Fat Andy has a better chance of seeing his winkie than he does wining a SB.

Flying High D 11-12-2019 09:14 PM

And he hasn’t seen it since 3rd grade.

Imon Yourside 11-12-2019 09:18 PM

I voted yes but deep down inside I seriously doubt Reid ever gets out of his own way long enough to get there. Last year was our chance.

KurtCobain 11-12-2019 09:19 PM

List of head coaches who have won a Superbowl in the last fifteen years who are not much better than Andy(if at all):

Tony Dungy
Mike Tomlin
Jon Harbaugh
Gary ****ing Kubiak(are you ****ing kidding me?)
Doug Pederson

So... yeah, any year we make the playoffs there's a chance that it could happen.

kcxiv 11-12-2019 09:26 PM

I had to vote no. He doesnt learn. Someone needs to step in and take his playcalling duties away. He panics.

Three7s 11-12-2019 09:27 PM

No

Imon Yourside 11-12-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14593159)
List of head coaches who have won a Superbowl in the last fifteen years who are not much better than Andy(if at all):

Tony Dungy
Mike Tomlin
Jon Harbaugh
Gary ****ing Kubiak(are you ****ing kidding me?)
Doug Pederson

So... yeah, any year we make the playoffs there's a chance that it could happen.

Harbaugh is pretty good and I used to think Tomlin was an idiot but I do think he's a pretty good coach as time goes on.

chiefforlife 11-12-2019 09:30 PM

Yes.

FloridaMan88 11-12-2019 09:42 PM

Yes the Chiefs will win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid... but not as their HC.

FAX 11-12-2019 09:49 PM

Has the fat lady sung yet? Did she eat the last cheeseburger? Are her seal-skin panties riding up well beyond her woolies and thus causing her some discomfort?

I think not.

Wally will get his Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I had a vision.

FAX

Reerun_KC 11-12-2019 09:51 PM

Nope. Not a chance. Too stubborn and set in his ways.

He’s a marty/Herm cline wanna be.

**** fat Andy.

Shiver Me Timbers 11-12-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14593189)
Has the fat lady sung yet? Did she eat the last cheeseburger? Are her seal-skin panties riding up well beyond her woolies and thus causing her some discomfort?

I think not.

Wally will get his Super Bowl with the Chiefs. I had a vision.

FAX

Ok
Changed my mind

DRM08 11-12-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14593034)
Nope, Andy has already proven he can lose with Mahomes. The QB has always been the excuse; "Andy Reid has never had an elite QB". Forget the fact that Andy is supposed to be the best QB coach in the universe but he's never had an elite QB. Yet we have taken it in the shorts with Mahomes. Nobody can deny that Mahomes is elite.

Andy Reid can't even field an elite offense when it counts with Mahomes. We have come up short at crunch time. Andy can't even make our guys protect the ball.

We are soft, sloppy and lack focus. You have to be pretty shitty to lose with a HOF QB like Mahomes. Andy doesn't have a problem losing.

No fair you say? We've had too many injuries on our offensive line. Guess what? Everyone made fun of the Colts for not protecting Andrew Luck with a good Oline. We should have done a better job filling our backups along the Oline. Not hindsight either, our offensive line backups being a problem was discussed at the beginning of the year. Specifically, Cam Erving was pointed out as a problem.

When you have an elite QB, you protect him with a stud Oline.

Yep, Reid has found a way to lose multiple games where Mahomes played very well...including this most recent cluster-flop in Nashville. That's a result of not having a well-rounded team. Poor defense, poor special teams, poor game management by the head coach, penalties out the wazoo (including drive-killers).

FloridaMan88 11-12-2019 10:18 PM

If Andy wants to win a Super Bowl he should look to his mentor/friend, Dick Vermeil as a guide.

Vermeil knew he had to go out of his comfort zone by hiring Mike Martz as his OC with the Rams and going from a ground/pound offensive identity (which was Vermeil’s preferred offensive philosophy going back to his Philly days) to the Greatest Show on Earth.

In Andy’s case, he should have resisted the temptation to hire a familiar DC (Spags) and instead go big/bold... Rex Ryan.

Learn from Vermeil, Andy and step out of your comfort zone to win a Super Bowl.

Wallcrawler 11-12-2019 10:32 PM

Situational football decisions win and lose games. Playoff games are rarely the blow your doors off 45-17 spectacle you see against teams in the regukar season.

These games will be tight, and Reid needs to know what to do in these games. Time and again, he has proven that he has literally no ****ing idea what he is doing.

You need to be able to understand the situation. Afirst down wins the game. I need 2 yards to get it, I have 2 downs to do it.

Nah pimpin.

Let's call a screen to the worst hands on the football team,and kick a fg if that fails, leaving the titans a chance.

Giving an opposing team a chance, letting them hang around, you lose.

Wasting timeouts instead of just calling a ****ing play and executing is a recipe for disaster.

The timeout before the 2 pt conversion? Why? 23 seconds remained and he burned a timeout.

Mahomes negated this with his greatness, managing to get us in fg range anyway.

Mahomes, as great as he is, CANNOT overcome ineptitude from the head coach enough times to win a title.

Reid's had over 2 decades. Been to one dance and went against arguably the greatest situation football mind of all time, Bill Belichick.

He lost.

Andy will win NOTHING of significance unless Mahomes drops 60 on everyone and let's Andy of the hook for any important decisions.

Reerun_KC 11-12-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14593222)
Situational football decisions win and lose games. Playoff games are rarely the blow your doors off 45-17 spectacle you see against teams in the regukar season.

These games will be tight, and Reid needs to know what to do in these games. Time and again, he has proven that he has literally no ****ing idea what he is doing.

You need to be able to understand the situation. Afirst down wins the game. I need 2 yards to get it, I have 2 downs to do it.

Nah pimpin.

Let's call a screen to the worst hands on the football team,and kick a fg if that fails, leaving the titans a chance.

Giving an opposing team a chance, letting them hang around, you lose.

Wasting timeouts instead of just calling a ****ing play and executing is a recipe for disaster.

The timeout before the 2 pt conversion? Why? 23 seconds remained and he burned a timeout.

Mahomes negated this with his greatness, managing to get us in fg range anyway.

Mahomes, as great as he is, CANNOT overcome ineptitude from the head coach enough times to win a title.

Reid's had over 2 decades. Been to one dance and went against arguably the greatest situation football mind of all time, Bill Belichick.

He lost.

Andy will win NOTHING of significance unless Mahomes drops 60 on everyone and let's Andy of the hook for any important decisions.

Well stated.

FAX 11-12-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14593214)
If Andy wants to win a Super Bowl he should look to his mentor/friend, Dick Vermeil as a guide.

Vermeil knew he had to go out of his comfort zone by hiring Mike Martz as his OC with the Rams and going from a ground/pound offensive identity (which was Vermeil’s preferred offensive philosophy going back to his Philly days) to the Greatest Show on Earth.

In Andy’s case, he should have resisted the temptation to hire a familiar DC (Spags) and instead go big/bold... Rex Ryan.

Learn from Vermeil, Andy and step out of your comfort zone to win a Super Bowl.

There's a lot of truth in this assessment. It may not be entirely factual, however ... I mean, solely in the sense that Wally made the wrong choice in Spaggyboots.

Let's remember that there is value in system coherence. The Chiefs want to win now and Wally's prior relationship with Spaggyboots makes for a more harmonious transition of DCs. They know each other. They know how to work together. There is trust in place. Of course, we don't yet know if it was the right decision or not. Time will tell.

It seems to me that much of what I've read today on ChiefsPlanet is awash with recency bias. For example, there has not been any indication whatsoever that our special teams suck total ass under Toub ... until Sunday. Now, all of a sudden, there are calls for his head and the heads of all his relatives. Oh ... and we should decapitate all his friends while we're at it. It's illogical.

As for the defense, we've known that we had issues. We saw some growth and advancement over the prior couple of games then we gave up two incredibly unfortunate drives to the Tacks at a crucial time. Scoring drives that never should have happened. Is that a trend? Are we improving overall? Did we just collapse entirely? Who knows? But we know for sure that 2 drives do not a season make.

Meanwhile, Wally has called some great games and devised and called plays that were outstanding this year. They are on tape. However, in this game, he called a screen on 3rd and 2 to the 2nd string TE. That's a play that Mahomes liked a lot (and actually lobbied for) when they called and ran the same damn play against the Jacksons 11. The fans loved it against the Jacksons because it worked. But nobody likes the call now. But does that make Wally a complete tool?

We're probably in much better shape (season-wise) than we "feel" right now. Injury-wise it may be a very different story. But that story is yet to be told.

I counsel deep breaths and blowjobs until after we demolish the Electricians.

FAX

yellowfin13x 11-12-2019 10:46 PM

Absolutely ! But only when the defense shows up:)

TribalElder 11-12-2019 10:48 PM

cant close out the titans which is just ****ing pathetic

I don't see how andy ever wins the superbowl

he might have won one if he never put alex back in as the starter and would have went with mahomes in the playoffs his first year

lcarus 11-12-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14593002)
It’s not if, but WHEN

I went with yes too. It might be 2021 but when you have Mahomes and Hill, two of the best football players I've ever seen, eventually the rest of the team will do well enough.

BlackOp 11-12-2019 11:15 PM

With how the Texans game was officiated...I've lost any realistic optimism in KC being "allowed" to reach the SB regardless of the HC. The one constant in 40 years of watching this team...is they will get screwed in big games.

They have lost every primetime/national game of the Mahomes era besides against the Bengals....and the Indy divisional. Two of the smallest markets..

Thats Chargers, NE x2, Rams, Texans, Packers, Titans...so seven of their total nine losses came in large audience games.

Is what it is...Mahomes is ratings fodder to give other big market fanbases hope.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-12-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14593274)
With how the Texans game was officiated...I've lost any realistic optimism in KC being "allowed" to reach the SB regardless of the HC. The one constant in 40 years of watching this team...is they will get screwed in big games.

They have lost every primetime/national game of the Mahomes era besides against the Bengals....and the Indy divisional.

Thats Chargers, NE x2, Rams, Texans, Packers, Titans...so seven of their nine loses came in large audience games.

Is what it is...

Our defense let’s him down every time

KS Smitty 11-12-2019 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14593276)
Our defense let’s him down every time

Maybe because they feel like Andy doesn't have any interest in them so they aren't invested in the team mentality. They're in it for the payday because hell the head coach could care less about them. :shrug:

Chiefshrink 11-12-2019 11:48 PM

:hmmm:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-12-2019 11:51 PM

We’re so undisciplined and that is a result of Andy Reid. He needs to be fired. We need a hard ass coach

kjwood75nro 11-12-2019 11:53 PM

The Chiefs winning a Superbowl will happen despite Andy, so knowing that he would get a ring would make the victory bittersweet (unless he promised to retire from HC afterwards).

He has no motivation or ability to protect Mahomes, which itself is unforgivable. He's a proven liability when it matters, and he couldn't give a **** about improving.

Mods should autocorrect "genius" to "fat ringless ****."

FAX 11-12-2019 11:56 PM

You guys have lost your minds.

Meditate. Think beautiful thoughts. Watch porn. Whatever it takes.

This negativity is pointless and counter-productive.

FAX THE SERENE

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-12-2019 11:57 PM

Our next HC needs to be someone who lights a fire underneath people’s asses and holds them accountable. Go Bruce Arians style or Rod Marinelli. If you don’t hustle you are benched or cut

ARROW2 11-13-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14593345)
You guys have lost your minds.

Meditate. Think beautiful thoughts. Watch porn. Whatever it takes.

This negativity is pointless and counter-productive.

FAX THE SERENE

Works for me....:evil:

Titty Meat 11-13-2019 12:25 AM

No hes still making the same mistakes hes made the past 20 years

TwistedChief 11-13-2019 01:21 AM

Of course they will. Mahomes can be denied only so many times. Reid or no Reid.

Nickhead 11-13-2019 01:58 AM

too much of a players coach to win it all. :thumb:

MMXcalibur 11-13-2019 02:26 AM

I'll say yes.

Eventually, these morons will field a defense that doesn't suck butt. May take a season or five, but they'll figure it out.

Mahomesmyman 11-13-2019 05:04 AM

Definitely not this year but I believe it will happen in future.

PAChiefsGuy 11-13-2019 05:16 AM

Of course they can.. He is a great coach. We just need more talent on D.

MeaTy The Pimp 11-13-2019 05:37 AM

I believe that he will... eventually.

I don't think that he is going to win it with this years squad. We had a better shot at it last year, but we shit the bed. We have to improve the D and get healthy first.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2019 05:43 AM

Yes. But only if the defense gets figured out. I'm not confident spags is the guy to do it. But Reid and mahomes together are plenty good enough together to overcome his sloppy game management. And mahomes will eventually take certain dumb decisions in his own hands.

I don't buy the other nonsense that reid can't coach. That's never been in question. His teams don't have a history of fumbling. He's had very tough teams before. Our offense much as we want to nitpick is still playing out of its mind considering how we've been devastated with injury. They'll get healthier. It's that damn defense though.

RunKC 11-13-2019 08:06 AM

Loser coach + loser franchise? Yeah no sorry.

Not even Pat can overcome Andy’s bullshit

redfan 11-13-2019 08:09 AM

Nope, the 5-year window has closed.

ChiTown 11-13-2019 08:10 AM

I didn’t vote, because there’s more to it than that - and it’s not an Andy Reid thing as much as it’s a Veach thing, IMO. You need to get serious about fielding a Defense that can get off the field when it needs to, and finding a RB that can carry the load. Do those two things and yes, Andy can win a SB with Patrick Mahomes.

notorious 11-13-2019 08:14 AM

I see that false hope is alive and well.

Molitoth 11-13-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14593496)
I didn’t vote, because there’s more to it than that - and it’s not an Andy Reid thing as much as it’s a Veach thing, IMO. You need to get serious about fielding a Defense that can get off the field when it needs to, and finding a RB that can carry the load. Do those two things and yes, Andy can win a SB with Patrick Mahomes.

I just don't understand this logic.

Veach overhauled the entire defense by grabbing players that played well on former teams. He TRIED.

You don't really know what you have until you put them on the field in real action. We will see what Veach does this next off-season, but to blame him now when he overhauled the defense (AS MANY FANS SUGGESTED) is contradictory.