ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Calm the F Down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319584)

Hoover 12-14-2018 09:37 AM

Calm the F Down

My lord some of you guys are just pathetic little Chicken Littles who believe everything you hear in the media and you let it impact your actual lives.

So take a deep breath and let Uncle Hoover tell you why everything will be alright.

1. I would have loved to win the game last night, tie up the division and secure the bye. It would let us rest players too, which I think could really help us. Yet on the flip side, do you really think its good to let this team coast for three weeks before our first playoff game. I don't.

2. To me the Chargers remind me of previous years Chiefs teams, and we're now the Broncos. Little brother gets the big win they need, but still don't control their own destiny. They need everything to go right to get a bye, and while I understand that they got themselves into that position, let me be honest, its just not going to happen.

3. Before the Chiefs take the field in Seattle, we will basically have won the division. I think the Ravens beat the Chargers. So all this talk about oh my God look at the Chargers. Chiefs are going to be the 5th seed is all going to be BS when we take the field in 10 days.

4. Berry's return, even for only the first half gives us much hope. The defense was much improved with him on the field. He is the on field coach.

Chins up kids, everything is going to be alright.

Hoover

dj56dt58 12-14-2018 09:37 AM

**** You

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 09:38 AM

Thanks uncle Hoover!

Randallflagg 12-14-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13961765)
My lord some of you guys are just pathetic little Chicken Littles who believe everything you hear in the media and you let it impact your actual lives.

So take a deep breath and let Uncle Hoover tell you why everything will be alright.

1. I would have loved to win the game last night, tie up the division and secure the bye. It would let us rest players too, which I think could really help us. Yet on the flip side, do you really think its good to let this team coast for three weeks before our first playoff game. I don't.

2. To me the Chargers remind me of previous years Chiefs teams, and we're now the Broncos. Little brother gets the big win they need, but still don't control their own destiny. They need everything to go right to get a bye, and while I understand that they got themselves into that position, let me be honest, its just not going to happen.

3. Before the Chiefs take the field in Seattle, we will basically have won the division. I think the Ravens beat the Chargers. So all this talk about oh my God look at the Chargers. Chiefs are going to be the 5th seed is all going to be BS when we take the field in 10 days.

4. Berry's return, even for only the first half gives us much hope. The defense was much improved with him on the field. He is the on field coach.

Hoover

Yeah, no. I've fallen for this crap since the 70s. Sure, Chiefs ARE in the playoffs - GREAT!

End of story. Been there and done that.

Get rid of Sutton and bring in someone who still has FIRE to kick the living shit out of the other guys. Until then - (to coin a popular phrase) "Because Chiefs"

Donger 12-14-2018 09:40 AM

https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i-...everything.jpg

phisherman 12-14-2018 09:42 AM

A voice of reason, thank you.

kcpasco 12-14-2018 09:43 AM

History of this franchise says otherwise.

CervezaChill 12-14-2018 09:43 AM

Really, we have a generational talent at QB on a rookie contract. This is the best window in the HISTORY of this loser franchise to get a Superbowl win in 50 years.

And you preach patience.

George Liquor 12-14-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13961789)
History of this franchise says otherwise.

This

But I'm done getting mad at this team.

Best22 12-14-2018 09:47 AM

Teams that can run the ball but also have tough defenses are our kryptonite. Only reason we beat Denver is because Keenum is garbage

We matchup better vs. New England because they can’t stop us, or slow us down unlike La and Baltimore

scho63 12-14-2018 09:50 AM

As a fan since 1970, your post Hoover sounds great in theory but history is on the side of us pessimists.

I hope I'm wrong and the Chiefs win the SB and prove us doubters wrong. I'll gladly eat crow.

Ken Bone 12-14-2018 09:53 AM

Everything definitely will not be alright, I’ve watched this shit for over 35 years. I’m sorry but this team is the definition of insanity. They’ve made the playoffs again so that’ll secure some coaches jobs and Sutton won’t be fired. They’ll go one and out in the playoffs again and repeat next year. Because Chiefs

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 09:54 AM

If the Chiefs didn't lose in literally the exact same way they have lost in their previous epic playoff choke jobs under Andy Reid, I wouldn't be as concerned, but they did.

Also the Chiefs control of their own destiny includes having to beat Seattle, a team that will present a combination of the challenges the Chiefs faced against the Ravens/Chargers.

notorious 12-14-2018 09:56 AM

Berry will probably mask Sutton’s abortions enough to keep him around.

I will be out next year if Sutton is around. We don’t just lose Eric Berry the player when he’s injured, we also lose the best defensive coordinator on the staff.

jimidollar 12-14-2018 09:56 AM

Yeah, calm down dudes. The Chiefs will overcome adversity just like they always have in years past. Oh wait...

Mr_Tomahawk 12-14-2018 09:56 AM

We aren't going 16-0?!!

WTF!?>! FIRE EVERYONE!

Hoover 12-14-2018 09:57 AM

Yeah, I've watched this shit for years too guys. Maybe only 30 years or so. And the fact that we have the best QB is the league is reason enough to calm down. Anyone who thought this team would go 15-1, or 14-2 is silly, especially when we lost Hunt.

No reason to panic. Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Trent Green, Elvis Grabac, Steve Bono isn't our QB....

In58men 12-14-2018 09:58 AM

Mahomes has to put up 35+ for us to have a slight chance at winning games.

chiefzilla1501 12-14-2018 09:59 AM

We've lost 2 playoff games because we couldn't protect a giant lead.

Reid has been playing chicken with this concept all year. Blowing huge leads only to barely squeak out alive with a barely win. It proves that even a better QB can't change Reid.

We will walk into the playoffs having to compensate for our defense, Reid, and refs. That's why the balloon is letting out all its air.

Red Dawg 12-14-2018 09:59 AM

50 years of winning nothing. This year will be no different. We don't have the daggers needed to win it all. Joke of a secindart amd LB's won't get it done with a total dufus as a DC.
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu 12-14-2018 09:59 AM

I want to believe, but the grotesque level of incompetence on last night’s final play has pushed me over the edge.

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13961824)
Anyone who thought this team would go 15-1, or 14-2 is silly, especially when we lost Hunt.

Is it "silly" to expect this team to not blow a 14 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game?

Other teams in the NFL who were in that similar position are 88-0 this season.

Chiefnj2 12-14-2018 10:00 AM

The Chiefs lost to a better team last night. Better coached, able to overcome penalties, converted key 3rd downs.

Rivers made some beautiful throws. They were put in a first and 20 situation and were able to move the ball. Didn't let the no-call on the hit to the head get them. KC meanwhile blew its chance to run out the clock and then each DB took a turn getting roasted and looking generally confused. On the two point play maybe double cover #81, the guy who caught two TD's and not leave him completely alone on a blown assignment.

notorious 12-14-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13961836)
Is it "silly" to expect this team to not blow a 14 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game?

Jesus Christ.

kcpasco 12-14-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

And also could have cost us a bye. Andy and Bob are the worst.

Donger 12-14-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Is that accurate?

chiefzilla1501 12-14-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13961824)
Yeah, I've watched this shit for years too guys. Maybe only 30 years or so. And the fact that we have the best QB is the league is reason enough to calm down. Anyone who thought this team would go 15-1, or 14-2 is silly, especially when we lost Hunt.

No reason to panic. Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Trent Green, Elvis Grabac, Steve Bono isn't our QB....

Andy Reid takes the ball out of the QB's hands when we go up big. And asks our defense to not screw it up. That is a familiar, familiar concept. And until Reid changes what he's stubbornly done for 20 years, it'll be hard for a QB to change that. Mahomes all season long has looked totally off when he's protecting the lead... given Reid's history, I'm going to guess that has little to do with Mahomes.

kcpasco 12-14-2018 10:05 AM

This is what I expect. Get our asses handed to us by Seattle. Destroy the Raiders at home. Win a playoff game on the road because Mahomes and lose in the divisional round because Andy.

Tell me if I’m wrong.

chiefzilla1501 12-14-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13961844)
Is that accurate?

Yes

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13961844)
Is that accurate?

Unfortunately yes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chargers erased a 14-point deficit in the final 5 minutes to stun the Chiefs, 29-28.<br><br>Entering Thursday, teams were 0-88 this season when trailing by 14+ points in the final 5 min of regulation. Philip Rivers was 0-20 in his career in those situations. <a href="https://t.co/7nk902lypr">pic.twitter.com/7nk902lypr</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1073435832709758976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WhawhaWhat 12-14-2018 10:08 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduP...ized-large.gif

Best22 12-14-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13961848)
This is what I expect. Get our asses handed to us by Seattle. Destroy the Raiders at home. Win a playoff game on the road because Mahomes and lose in the divisional round because Andy.

Tell me if I’m wrong.

That’s be a nice little first season for Mahomes

El Jefe 12-14-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 13961796)
This

But I'm done getting mad at this team.

Same here, I have become apathetic. I'm not going to lie, my heart was smashed last night, but after the Pats and Rams loss, I am now coping better.

burt 12-14-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13961847)
Andy Reid takes the ball out of the QB's hands when we go up big. And asks our defense to not screw it up. That is a familiar, familiar concept.

You'd think he might have learned about NOT being conservative from his Ex Assistant and Ex back up quarterback last year.

Andy keeps saying we learn from our mistakes, it's time HE does.

BUT I am gonna stay positive. I didn't expect Patrick to be THIS good or make this few of mistakes. Yeah, I wanted that game, but was very afraid of it.

Patrick will lead us to the promised land.

notorious 12-14-2018 10:14 AM

Shoot my fandom in the face.

mr. tegu 12-14-2018 10:18 AM

What worries me the most is that our offense now seems somewhat normal. It’s no longer an unstoppable force. And with that being the case we can no longer simply outscore teams. Our team from three weeks ago scores at least ten more points last night and we cruise to a win.

So if I’m considering the season as a whole I’d say we will be fine in the playoffs and the team to beat. But you can’t do that anymore. Instead we have to look at what we are now which is a very good offense but not in the greatest of all time conversation and without that we won’t win multiple playoff games.

ptlyon 12-14-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13961874)
Shoot my fandom in the face.

This is the most exciting request I've had in a long time

MrDevo77 12-14-2018 10:19 AM

KEEP DOUBTING THE BOLTS !!! KEEP SAYING PHILLIP RIVERS SUCKS , KEEP WORSHIPING YOUR OVERRATED MAHOMMY DOMMY ...WHAT A FREAKING SHOW OFF YOUR QB IS...HEY ATLEAST HE DID NOT THROW 4 INTS THIS TIME...CHARGERS ARE FOR REAL FOOLS👍🏼...THEY WHOOPED YO BUTTS IN YOUR OWN HOUSE AND ADDING INSULTS TO INJURY THEY WENT FOR 2🤣🤣...THE HOMEBOY QB WENT 3 AND OUTS ONLY TO GIVE THE BALL BACK TO LA TO WIN THE GAME ...I AM SOOOO GLAD MAHOMMY LOSER GOT HIS BUTT KICKED ON NATIOAL TV PRIMETIME AT HOME IN FRONT OF HIS WHITE GF🤣🤣🤣🤣

IT WILL BE RAMS VS BOLTS SB...MAHOMES AND HIS BLONDE BROAD CAN WATCH IT FROM THEIR COUCH🤣🤣🤣🤣

ChiefsCountry 12-14-2018 10:19 AM

This place has always been the home to the biggest bitches ever.

Prison Bitch 12-14-2018 10:19 AM

Bookmarked

If we lose early, op has to apologize

Best22 12-14-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13961888)
What worries me the most is that our offense now seems somewhat normal. It’s no longer an unstoppable force. And with that being the case we can no longer simply outscore teams. Our team from three weeks ago scores at least ten more points last night and we cruise to a win.

So if I’m considering the season as a whole I’d say we will be fine in the playoffs and the team to beat. But you can’t do that anymore. Instead we have to look at what we are now which is a very good offense but not in the greatest of all time conversation and without that we won’t win multiple playoff games.

No Watkins, no Ware, no LDT, no Erving, Hill gimpy

I mean, you have to stay healthy. And we still put up 28 points

Hopefully we can get them back for a playoff run

lmccluer 12-14-2018 10:23 AM

Yes it is. Saw #RPatrickAllen from ESPN quote the same numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrDevo77 12-14-2018 10:23 AM

F THE Chiefs AND THEIR TRUMP VOTING TRAILER TRASH FANS..

TIC TOC TIC TOC ROBERT MUELLER IS CLOSING ON IN..

GO BOLTS

TRUMP FOR PRISON

bobbything 12-14-2018 10:24 AM

I don’t care how good Mahomes is. No one player can overcome the ineptitude of 11 + 1 defensive reh-tards. This team has all the feel of 2003, with even more disparity between the offense and defense.

I expect nothing in the playoffs unless we manage to get HFA. But I’m sure we’ll limp into the 3 seed and lose to Baltimore at home.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13961765)

Hoover

Wtf are you talking about? Believe what we hear in the media? Do you even read what you type before you post it? If Berry had a competent medical staff managing him I'd feel a lot better about him.

MGRS13 12-14-2018 10:26 AM

I guess call me dramatic. Whatever. Mahomes was the best player on the field, but San D er,La is a better TEAM then the chiefs. That's what I saw last night. Maybe you saw something else. Plus history plays its part and the chiefs history is repeating itself once again.

Chiefnj2 12-14-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13961847)
Andy Reid takes the ball out of the QB's hands when we go up big. .

He did that yesterday?

2bikemike 12-14-2018 10:27 AM

I admit I was pissed off like I hadn't been in a long time after the game. I didn't sleep much last night, every time I dozed off I came awake thinking about the game. It hurt and had shades of blown playoff games as far as how it affected me. I thought I had that shit under control. Or maybe I was just getting apathetic until Mahomes came around.

Not saying everything is going to be alright. There is lots to be worried about, but the way a huge chunk of this board reacts you all should just go find another team or sport to watch. Life is too freaking short to be that miserable.

It seems the Chiefs can never put together both a good defense and a good offense. Hell a mediocre defense would do wonders for this particular team. However we have the QB we have all been craving for so many decades. That makes everything that much more entertaining and should give you hope that all is not lost. Anything can happen. There is always a chance, a chance better than the majority of the league.

bobbything 12-14-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13961888)

It was inevitable. Unless you expected Mahomes to toss 4 TDs per game, every single game, then it was bound to happen. He has covered up for Bob Sutton’s wrinkly old testicles all season. It’s catching up with him.

wazu 12-14-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDevo77 (Post 13961910)

GO BOLTS

TRUMP FOR PRISON

Holy shit! A Chargers fan spotted in the wild!

Mods -

Please do not ban this poster as he is an endangered/thought to be extinct species.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13961895)
This place has always been the home to the biggest bitches ever.

Oh yeah! I mean why should anyone get upset?! This team always delivers in the playoffs! It's not like they went 4000 years between playoff wins or anything. I was all in on this year, but we lost to the ****ing Chargers at home. This team will never win an important game.

ToxSocks 12-14-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 13961918)
I guess call me dramatic. Whatever. Mahomes was the best player on the field, but San D er,La is a better TEAM then the chiefs. That's what I saw last night. Maybe you saw something else. Plus history plays its part and the chiefs history is repeating itself once again.

Chiefs history is 9-1 vs the Chargers since 2012. So yeah, you're being dramatic.

Chiefs are a championship caliber football team. They've displayed that ability.

So are the Chargers. So are the Patriots. As are the Steelers, Ravens and Texans.

Only the playoffs matter and we have just as good a chance as any.

Relax. We're still in the driver seat. And the playoffs are all that matter anyway, and the Chiefs have PROVEN they can beat any of the teams mentioned above on any given Sunday.

Guys....it was always going to be this way.

loochy 12-14-2018 10:29 AM

The Chargers are absolute overrated shit and the Chiefs just lost to them.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 13961923)
It was inevitable. Unless you expected Mahomes to toss 4 TDs per game, every single game, then it was bound to happen. He has covered up for Bob Sutton’s wrinkly old testicles all season. It’s catching up with him.

Yep doesn't matter how good Mahomes is, all it takes is one mediocre game from him in the playoffs and we lose. Our D won't step up when the game is on the line. Too bad there weren't any relatively cheap players that we could have traded for that would have helped us out!

ptlyon 12-14-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13961928)
Holy shit! A Chargers fan spotted in the wild!

Mods -

Please do not ban this poster as he is an endangered/thought to be extinct species.

One of 7

RunKC 12-14-2018 10:32 AM

How many times do you have to see the same movie play out before you know the ending? Was last night not the same as the rest of the Reid era?

redfan 12-14-2018 10:34 AM

This performance brought to you by:
The only NFL team ever to score 50 points and lose.

Coochie liquor 12-14-2018 10:35 AM

History is just that now. What did history tell us about trading up and drafting a first round quarterback? Things are different whether you wanna buy into that or not. We have a quarterback that can overcome lots of things. Can’t win every game. Our quarterback is 12-3 in his first 15 games. Nowhere to go but up regardless of how this all plays out this year

Buehler445 12-14-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13961858)
Unfortunately yes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chargers erased a 14-point deficit in the final 5 minutes to stun the Chiefs, 29-28.<br><br>Entering Thursday, teams were 0-88 this season when trailing by 14+ points in the final 5 min of regulation. Philip Rivers was 0-20 in his career in those situations. <a href="https://t.co/7nk902lypr">pic.twitter.com/7nk902lypr</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1073435832709758976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, could have done without that.

ptlyon 12-14-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed (Post 13961952)
This performance brought to you by:
The only NFL team ever to score 50 points and lose.

We really need a thread to record all of the historic disappointments this team has accrued over it's lifetime

mr. tegu 12-14-2018 10:38 AM

Calm the F Down

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13961955)
History is just that now. What did history tell us about trading up and drafting a first round quarterback? Things are different whether you wanna buy into that or not. We have a quarterback that can overcome lots of things. Can’t win every game. Our quarterback is 12-3 in his first 15 games. Nowhere to go but up regardless of how this all plays out this year

Hold my beer...

/football gods.

MGRS13 12-14-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13961932)

Only the playoffs matter and we have just as good a chance as any.

So. I really want to post some smart as s reply about you haven't been following this team for the last thirty years of whatever. But I'll just go with. Ok I hope you are correct.

But come on. Have you watched this team's playoff games the last thirty years? The Winnipeg blue bombers have a better chance then the chiefs to win an NFL playoff game this year.

Donger 12-14-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13961852)
Yes

Wow. That's... bad.

DrunkBassGuitar 12-14-2018 10:57 AM

I still think this team can win in the post season but I don't know why anyone would be surprised Chiefs fans are down.

Last night looked a lot like past playoff losses, which all look a lot alike (blown leads in the 4th quarter). It's a bad sign and people here are understandably upset because last night's loss doesn't really instill confidence that the coaching staff has learned from past mistakes.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately yes.

Got the perfect spot in the trophy case for that one, right next to the award for being the only team to lose after scoring 50+! We breaking records boys!

FAX 12-14-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 13962011)
I still think this team can win in the post season but I don't know why anyone would be surprised Chiefs fans are down.

Last night looked a lot like past playoff losses, which all look a lot alike (blown leads in the 4th quarter). It's a bad sign and people here are understandably upset because last night's loss doesn't really instill confidence that the coaching staff has learned from past mistakes.

This is exactly why I can temper my extreme disappointment.

That loss can be used to fuel the remainder of the season and the playoffs. If it works out that way, the glass is half full of 1959 Dom.

Now they get the idea that the team (including the coaches) can't count on a miracle, 4th down pass to save the game every week. The Chiefs received a big lesson last night and I hope they learned from it. If they do, we just got better because of a 4th quarter collapse.

BTW, what the hell happened to our o-line? Particularly Schwartz? God almighty that was ugly.

FAX

Kman34 12-14-2018 11:11 AM

Sorry Mr Hoover... Seen this movie before... it’s a Horror movie... may have a different cast but it always ends the same...

Gravedigger 12-14-2018 11:14 AM

Love it how people tell you to calm down, I'll be calmer when they make the AFC Championship game, I'll be even more calmer when they make the Superbowl, and I'll be the calmest when they win the Superbowl. Unless you're a clairvoyant and can guarantee that happening, then I'm sorry but STFU

MGRS13 12-14-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13962050)
This is exactly why I can temper my extreme disappointment.

That loss can be used to fuel the remainder of the season and the playoffs. If it works out that way, the glass is half full of 1959 Dom.

Now they get the idea that the team (including the coaches) can't count on a miracle, 4th down pass to save the game every week. The Chiefs received a big lesson last night and I hope they learned from it. If they do, we just got better because of a 4th quarter collapse.

BTW, what the hell happened to our o-line? Particularly Schwartz? God almighty that was ugly.

FAX

Couldn't they have just watched a vhs copy of the 2003 chiefs. Or how bout tape of the titans game. Or film of the Colts playoff game. Oh which Colts game you ask? ALL OF THEM

crazycoffey 12-14-2018 11:15 AM

Quote:

Why did our high power offense go three and out, like 3 or 4 times? And when it really mattered too. Reid tried running, like most of the pessimists in here have always criticized him for, when our O, this year, is different than any other chiefs or Reid team. Four days between the ravens and chargers, We went 1-1.

R. E. L. A. X.

But we do need Reid and PMII to start thinking like a Madden game, pedal to the medal, best plays to move the ball at all times, with a lead or not. Score every damn time you have the ball, that is the goal.

Eleazar 12-14-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately yes.

Nice work by the Red Carpet defense!

FAX 12-14-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 13962066)
Couldn't they have just watched a vhs copy of the 2003 chiefs. Or how bout tape of the titans game. Or film of the Colts playoff game. Oh which Colts game you ask? ALL OF THEM

LOL. Probably would have helped. But not really ...

You have to experience this sort of thing. This isn't last year's team or the 2013 team or any other team. If history was the deciding factor in games, the Rivers would have lost again and Pouty would have thrown another pick (or butt-fumbled on the 1).

If (and it's an important "if") this home loss catastrophe serves as the slap in the balls that wakes them up, good. If not, it doesn't matter anyway. It's too late to find a new defensive backfield and this one is in the books.

Sometimes a bad thing can be a good thing. It's paradoxical as heck, but it's true. We should have won that game going away and we didn't. A pissed-off Chiefs team may be what we need the rest of the way.

FAX

dlphg9 12-14-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13962074)
Nice work by the Red Carpet defense!

These guys are etching their names in stone.

First team ever to lose after scoring 50 - Check
First team this year to lose after leading by 14 with 5 minutes left - Check
First team to lose to Phillip after leasing by 14 with 5 minutes left - Check

Wonder what magical first we have up our sleeve for these last 2 regular season games. Something special saved for the playoffs too I bet. It'll be like Christmas morning, I can't hardly stand the excitement!

MGRS13 12-14-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13962090)

You have to experience this sort of thing. This isn't last year's team or the 2013 team or any other team. If history was the deciding factor in games, the Rivers would have lost again and Pouty would have thrown another pick (or butt-fumbled on the 1).

If (and it's an important "if") this home loss catastrophe serves as the slap in the balls that wakes them up, good. If not, it doesn't matter anyway. It's too late to find a new defensive backfield and this one is in the books.

Sometimes a bad thing can be a good thing. It's paradoxical as heck, but it's true. We should have won that game going away and we didn't. A pissed-off Chiefs team may be what we need the rest of the way.

FAX

OK OK! Jeez I'll get off the ledge. I was never gonna jump any ways
FAX words of wisdom has saved another planteer

Imon Yourside 12-14-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 13961788)
A voice of reason, thank you.

A voice of setting you up for the same old crap magnified times 10 come the playoffs is more appropriate. The blueprint is out there blitz the crap out of us and control everything you want about attacking our defense. You can score quickly or take your time scoring, your choice.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13962090)

FAX

The thing that made the loss worse was that it was to Phyllis. The way he took off his helmet so he could throw a 15 second fit and waste a time out was brilliant. If we would have kept them from scoring a TD it would have been another amazing loss that was brought on by the biggest bitch of this generation.

Red Dawg 12-14-2018 11:30 AM

All this year has shown is that we have a bad ass QB and Reid completely blundered sticking with Sutton as well as Veach blundered with his FAs. They have been crap. Just another year that we are not good enough to bring home the SB.
Posted via Mobile Device

dlphg9 12-14-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13962106)
A voice of setting you up for the same old crap magnified times 10 come the playoffs is more appropriate. The blueprint is out there blitz the crap out of us and control everything you want about attacking our defense. You can score quickly or take your time scoring, your choice.

Yep, doesn't matter who is QB of this team. The defense can't make a stop when it matters and Andy goes full reerun the moment he gets comfortable.

SuperBowl4 12-14-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

GO BOLTS

TRUMP FOR PRISON

CHIEFS FOR SUPER BOWL. Will they go to the White House after they win? I don't care.

lcarus 12-14-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

GO BOLTS

TRUMP FOR PRISON

https://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/med...8ec724dd472250