ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This was not on the refs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319557)

Chiefspants 12-13-2018 10:33 PM

This was not on the refs

Bob Sutton. Andy Reid.

These are the people who can cost us the playoffs.

dlphg9 12-13-2018 10:34 PM

Get ****ed. You idiot

Kman34 12-13-2018 10:36 PM

The refs were setting up OT... The Chargers just didn't agree to it...

TLO 12-13-2018 10:36 PM

**** you

mdchiefsfan 12-13-2018 10:36 PM

You’ve gotta he ****ing kidding.

Chiefs=Champions 12-13-2018 10:36 PM

Obviously you have to execute, but **** it makes it hard when you got all those calls going against you

Reerun_KC 12-13-2018 10:37 PM

nope on the offense and andy for putting the D in this position

MTG#10 12-13-2018 10:38 PM

OP is a ****ing moron.

Frosty 12-13-2018 10:38 PM

Four direct points came off that ****ing horrible call on Sorenson.

Eleazar 12-13-2018 10:39 PM

The game was poorly officiated in both directions, and we got the worse end of it, but the defense was a wet paper sack tonight and that’s why we lost. It’s why we almost lost on Sunday and why we aren’t going to be able to win a postseason game against a well QBed team. The defense is not a true contender’s defense.

kc rush 12-13-2018 10:40 PM

Mostly on the defense, the refs sucked against both teams. They were ridiculous against us in the end.

FloridaMan88 12-13-2018 10:41 PM

Yes the refs screwed the Chiefs on that final drive, but yet another epic choke job put the Chiefs in position to get screwed.

14 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game, and Sutton’s defense can’t make a stop and Andy Reid can’t figure out how to get a few first downs on offense to ice the game.

Rinse and repeat.

TwistedChief 12-13-2018 10:41 PM

I think BlackOp is a complete clown, but he looks like Stephen ****ing Hawking right now.

Deberg_1990 12-13-2018 10:41 PM

Why wasn’t Rivers flagged for taking his helmet off on that final drive?

TEX 12-13-2018 10:41 PM

Had a 14 point lead with 5 mins to go. A whole lot of blame to go around. Just a preview of what's coming in the playoffs. We're used yo it. No biggie...

Deberg_1990 12-13-2018 10:41 PM

Why wasn’t Rivers flagged for taking his helmet off on that final drive?

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:42 PM

Yea they were only responsible for giving them a TD at the end by deciding defenders can't touch the O players yet the WR's can bodyslam CB's yep..also deciding to turn their FG into a TD, that is 11 points, guess what most teams can't overcome that.

Schnitzel 12-13-2018 10:42 PM

The Chiefs last TD drive was a gift by the refs.
The helmet to helmet to Rivers was not called.

I say shitty calls on both sides. We deserve to lose this tbh. Maybe somebody will release that we won't win anything with this defense. And game management in the 4th when we were, has been horrible all year. Deserved loss. Not even mad about it. Maybe they learn something from it.

Frosty 12-13-2018 10:43 PM

You might as well count on a Rams/Chargers Superbowl. It's clearly what the league wants.

SDChiefs 12-13-2018 10:43 PM

This was on the refs. We still could've one had we not played like shit, but we still shouldve won that game. The bs pi call at the end to get the chargers ready to score. The non opi call on the called td. The review that showed the ball was not in control until his right food was on the sidelines. Anyone who still believes the nfl hasn't gone all in on making la successful still believes the wwe is real. And for you, I have some nice Arizona beachfront property for sale.

Frazod 12-13-2018 10:44 PM

Obvious push off on the final touchdown right in front of the ref.

He was either (a) blind or (b) bought.

There is no option (c).

Yeah, our defense sucks dick, and Sutton needs to be killed, but that was just too obvious.

notorious 12-13-2018 10:44 PM

Classic Andy Reid.

-King- 12-13-2018 10:45 PM

Refs didn't call a helmet to helmet on Rivers on that last drive. Both teams got ****ed by the refs. Chiefs just choked.
Posted via Mobile Device

BuckeyeTheDog 12-13-2018 10:45 PM

We really missed Kareem Hunt tonight, imho.

petegz28 12-13-2018 10:45 PM

**** you and anyone else that says this wasn't on the Refs. The DPI at the end of the game was bullshit. The "I didn't get possession after I pushed off until I was out of bounds" TD that stood was bullshit. Never mind at least 4 false starts in the LAC's that weren't called. Yes, the Chiefs caught some breaks on one or two calls. How was that call on Sorenson that kept a drive alive?

All the scoring related calls seemed to favor a team that ironically has had this "luck" all season when it comes to officiating.

notorious 12-13-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13959960)
Had a 14 point lead with 5 mins to go. A whole lot of blame to go around. Just a preview of what's coming in the playoffs. We're used yo it. No biggie...

Yep.

carcosa 12-13-2018 10:46 PM

Shouldn't have punted on 4th and 3 on their side of the field imho

TEX 12-13-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13959955)
Yes the refs screwed the Chiefs on that final drive, but yet another epic choke job put the Chiefs in position to get screwed.

14 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game, and Sutton’s defense can’t make a stop and Andy Reid can’t figure out how to get a few first downs on offense to ice the game.

Rinse and repeat.

Yep. Proves that even Mahomes is not immune to this teams knack for choaking away leads. Up 14, with 5 mins to go - you should win no matter what.

Dont give the Refs the chance to screw you because they will, especially this year when playing the Chargers

Mahomer 12-13-2018 10:46 PM

I don't know why this offense is so flat lately. Andy took the foot off the gas several times in this game.

Also, Hill dropping that touchdown killed us. We would have had 2-3+ mins extra in the game to score and they never would have gone for 2.

Reerun_KC 12-13-2018 10:46 PM

Welcome to the playoffs.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-13-2018 10:46 PM

The refs are not systemically crooked. They are bad. There's a difference.

The refs rat****ed the Chargers on the Chiefs' last TD drive multiple times, and missed a huge helmet-to-helmet on Rivers in a goal line situation, then they rat****ed the Chiefs on the pass interference penalty and the questionable catch by Williams.

The Chiefs had a two TD lead with about 8 minutes left in the game. The defense needed one play multiple times and couldn't make it. The D sucks. Your anger should be focused on the run defense and the back seven, because that's what lost the Chiefs the game.

petegz28 12-13-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13959996)
Refs didn't call a helmet to helmet on Rivers on that last drive. Both teams got ****ed by the refs. Chiefs just choked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because he wasn't leading with the helmet. Rivers fell into it. It was a good no call. A push off and bobbling catch isn't a choke. It's called getting ****ed.

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:47 PM

Stunning the LA gets the calls.

SAUTO 12-13-2018 10:47 PM

How do you get DPI on a ball that can't be caught in bounds?

Bump 12-13-2018 10:48 PM

ya this was on the refs actually. **** this league and if it weren't for Mahomes I doubt I'd even watch games this year. I don't think we have any chance of winning in the playoffs, the refs will control the outcome. We just have to hope we get picked to win.

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:48 PM

I don't know what people expect, the defense isn't good if the refs gift the other team extra plays they won't stop them.

Why Not? 12-13-2018 10:48 PM

NFL refs suck. They performed as expected. They sucked both ways. The Andy and Bob clown show was right on time for a big game. I will be borderline amazed if we win shit with these two idiots. If PMII wins a Bowl with Reid as his HC, he should be inducted into the HOF that night

Pushead2 12-13-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomer (Post 13960011)
I don't know why this offense is so flat lately. Andy took the foot off the gas several times in this game.

Also, Hill dropping that touchdown killed us. We would have had 2-3+ mins extra in the game to score and they never would have gone for 2.

There were offsetting penalties on that play.

TEX 12-13-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13960012)
Welcome to the playoffs.

Exactly the case. Not even Mahomes can save the Chiefs.

mnchiefsguy 12-13-2018 10:49 PM

This loss is 100 percent on Bob Sutton.

Horrible playcalling in the 4th quarter.....had a 14 point lead with 5 minutes to go....

and his defense blows it.....****ing again.

How many times will it take before he gets fired.

Rivers even said in the post game that the 2 point conversion play was the same ****ing play they ran earlier in the game.

Offense was not perfect...but 28 points should be enough to win, especially at home.

Chiefspants 12-13-2018 10:49 PM

14 point lead with 5 minutes to go.
4th and 8.
Not pressuring Rivers when he was a statue in the pocket and had been picked twice under duress.
Calling a TO with 5 seconds on the playclock.

The above is all inexcusable and is what lead to a loss. Call me an idiot. Whatever. This was straight out of the playoff playbook from 2013 and 2017. In both games, the refs were blamed at first too - but in the end, our coaches and players had the chances to win, and they blew every one.

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13960020)

You come from Los Angeles.

TribalElder 12-13-2018 10:49 PM

chargers lose to the ravens next week

we win out we still win the division

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-13-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah, except for that part where it would have been nullified due to a penalty.

prhom 12-13-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

I don't know why this offense is so flat lately.

You mean since we cut Kareem Hunt? You’re a dumbass.

ChiefsCountry 12-13-2018 10:51 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Exactly. PI call was a make up for that bad miss. Chargers would have had a time-out and four plays to score from the five if that call had been made correctly. Officiating was awful both ways tonight. <a href="https://t.co/zNGWkKjXeG">https://t.co/zNGWkKjXeG</a></p>&mdash; Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1073437014647820288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kcpasco 12-13-2018 10:51 PM

100% on the refs. Die.

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:51 PM

Let's be real I said it in the game thread, like Cam Newton was told.

Patrick Mahomes hasn't earned it yet. Don't be surprised if they push Rivers all the way to the bowl because that narrative is being pushed..they could go LA/NO and push that former teammates bullshit.

The NFL is likely jizzing anyway, they have both LA teams, Boston, Chicago, Pitt and Dallas all basically locks...the only thing missing is the Giants being good.

Valiant 12-13-2018 10:51 PM

2nd week in a row Andy is ****ing up the defense with timeouts.

When are reporters in kc going to call him out.
1st our play calls get shittier and more basic each week.
No slants, very few play action that doesn't involve deep passes. Instructing offense to wait til last second to snap ball.

Then the last series. Crowd is loud. Chargers are rushing to get play call in. Andy calls. Timeout. Crowd gets quieter. Td.
Then the ****er doesn't call a timeout on the 2pt conversion.

Front 4 got tired and pressure on rivers disappeared in second half.

Sutton can't adjust.

Refs were shit but at least shit on both teams.

This is mainly on Andy.

Also, Pat and hill looked off today.

TEX 12-13-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13960020)

Exactly. And if you go back and watch the play, the WR pushed off to get separation. If anything it was OPI. Scandrick was right. It was OPI if it was anything.

Frazod 12-13-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13960035)
chargers lose to the ravens next week

we win out we still win the division

They won't be allowed to.

carcosa 12-13-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13960009)
Yep. Proves that even Mahomes is not immune to this teams knack for choaking away leads. Up 14, with 5 mins to go - you should win no matter what.

Dont give the Refs the chance to screw you because they will, especially this year when playing the Chargers

choaking

-King- 12-13-2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960058)

Patrick Mahomes hasn't earned it yet. Don't be surprised if they push Rivers all the way to the bowl because that narrative is being pushed..they could go LA/NO and push that former teammates bullshit.

The NFL is likely jizzing anyway, they have both LA teams, Boston, Chicago, Pitt and Dallas all basically locks...the only thing missing is the Giants being good.

Guess Rivers hasn't earned it yet either cause they let him get hit helmet to helmet and didn't call a penalty.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

Not even close,

this is 100% fat andy

he cant manage a game to save his sack....

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

The real reason the Chiefs lost is because Derrick Johnson couldn't cover Hunter Henry.

Valiant 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 13960042)
You mean since we cut Kareem Hunt? You’re a dumbass.

Williams looks legit. Andy just Andy's the carries from him. Or calls up the middle formation that everyone knows is coming.

The guy needs to be in more formations and movement.

2bikemike 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13960014)
The refs are not systemically crooked. They are bad. There's a difference.

The refs rat****ed the Chargers on the Chiefs' last TD drive multiple times, and missed a huge helmet-to-helmet on Rivers in a goal line situation, then they rat****ed the Chiefs on the pass interference penalty and the questionable catch by Williams.

The Chiefs had a two TD lead with about 8 minutes left in the game. The defense needed one play multiple times and couldn't make it. The D sucks. Your anger should be focused on the run defense and the back seven, because that's what lost the Chiefs the game.

This right here is accurate. The defense is the Achilles Heal that must be overcome.

DRM08 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

Officiating was bad in both directions. Big time choke by the Chiefs.

SAUTO 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13960063)
Exactly. And if you go back and watch the play, the WR pushed off to get separation. If anything it was OPI. Scandrick was right. It was OPI if it was anything.

Different play

TEX 12-13-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960058)

They are definately pushing the LAC. They have beaten tge Browns, Titans, Steelers and now Chiefs in "dramatic" fashion. Also they were gifted a huge call against Denver, but Rivers shit the bed. :shake:

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13960080)
Guess Rivers hasn't earned it yet either cause they let him get hit helmet to helmet and didn't call a penalty.
Posted via Mobile Device

It looked shoulder to shoulder until they went into super slow mo replay. Doesn't change that they were gifted 11 points.

dlphg9 12-13-2018 10:56 PM

Yes, the missed helmet to helmet on Rivers (if you wanna call it that, but it's not. The guy was already going to tackle Rivers and had left his feet. How the **** is he going to change his movement in the air?) really was detrimental to the Chargers. Get out of here with that shit. That non call didn't hurt them at all. To act like that no call is as bad as a bullshit DPI and a non call OPI in the end zone is about dumb as OKchiefs. I said about as dumb because no one is as dumb as that ****ing reerun.

petegz28 12-13-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh **** you. How many times has Mahomes been roughed and it wasn't called? That wasn't leading with the helmet. He became a runner and was treated like any other RB at that point.

Frazod 12-13-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

There's no establishment cock you won't suck, is there?

Boom-boom moving play with bodies all around is easy to miss.

Endzone no call on an obvious push off with the referee STANDING RIGHT THERE STARING RIGHT AT IT?

Yeah, he just missed it, right? Darn, I guess he blinked. Or was daydreaming. Yeah, that's the ticket.

TEX 12-13-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13960096)
Different play

No. Same play. I just watched it again.

KC_Connection 12-13-2018 10:56 PM

Agreed. We got what we deserved on that final drive (the DPI was a make-up call for the clear unnecessary roughness and from that spot either way the Chargers are always going to score a TD against this defense).

JohnnyHammersticks 12-13-2018 10:57 PM

That first call against Sorenson was one of the worst I've ever seen and definitely turned the momentum that was snowballing against the Chargers, but you've got to be blind if you didn't see how badly the refs screwed the Chargers for most of the game after that.

We lost this game because our defensive backfield can't cover ANYBODY. Not even with a pretty ferocious pass rush taking pressure off of them 80% of the time. Rivers numerous times literally just blindly heaved the ball downfield before the pass rush took him out and his receivers were either wide open, or they easily outfought our pathetic defensive backfield EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Sure some of the calls on the last drive were bad. News flash: NFL refs are ****ing terrible.

-King- 12-13-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13960015)
Because he wasn't leading with the helmet. Rivers fell into it. It was a good no call. A push off and bobbling catch isn't a choke. It's called getting ****ed.

Lol I thought the biased refs were trying to help the chargers. Even if your explanation is right, which it isn't, wouldn't the ref$ call it just to help the Chargers out? Isn't that the point of the narrative?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13960108)
They are definately pushing the LAC. They have beaten tge Browns, Titans, Steelers and now Chiefs in "dramatic" fashion. Also they were gifted a huge call against Denver, but Rivers shit the bed. :shake:

The other thing I have learned is if Mike Williams catches a questionable TD it stands. Tonight and against Seattle.

mnchiefsguy 12-13-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13960083)
Not even close,

this is 100% fat andy

he cant manage a game to save his sack....

Only reason it is on Andy is because he has not fired Sutton yet.

tk13 12-13-2018 10:58 PM

Officiating isn't great, and I think a lot of the critical comments about them are fair but the bottom line is still the same. I don't think the level of officiating is very great in general right now.

I can't believe anyone has faith this defense is going to hold up for 3 playoff games. It doesn't matter if the officials are perfect. We aren't good enough to make a 14 point lead stick right now. Just getting gashed, guys wide open. Can't stop a 2nd or 3rd and 20.

bobbything 12-13-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13959987)
Obvious push off on the final touchdown right in front of the ref.

He was either (a) blind or (b) bought.

There is no option (c).

Yeah, our defense sucks dick, and Sutton needs to be killed, but that was just too obvious.

This. How anyone can not see that this shit is rigged is beyond my help. I mean, not only was it not DPI, it was OPI.

What a botch job.

Karlos 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13959996)
Posted via Mobile Device

That was a missed call, but it didn't change much. Chaargers would have only gained an extra 5 yards (half the distance to the goal) and still only had time for 2 plays so the first down wouldn't have mattered. It was a missed call, but of very little impact.

PunkinDrublic 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

Shut the **** Up!!!!

Chiefnj2 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

Officiating is just bad. It's compounded by the lack of consistency with the calls. At 8 seconds if you are going to call DPI you should call the more obvious full straight arm push off.

Mecca 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

If anyone doesn't think the NFL has an agenda for what teams they want to be good...right. There are more advertising dollars in an 8th of LA than the entire KC market.

-King- 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13960121)
There's no establishment cock you won't suck, is there?

Boom-boom moving play with bodies all around is easy to miss.

Endzone no call on an obvious push off with the referee STANDING RIGHT THERE STARING RIGHT AT IT?

Yeah, he just missed it, right? Darn, I guess he blinked. Or was daydreaming. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I've always said that the refs are shitty. I've never said that there aren't calls that go against us that are bullshit. But the same goes the other way too.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 12-13-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960174)
If anyone doesn't think the NFL has an agenda for what teams they want to be good...right. There are more advertising dollars in an 8th of LA than the entire KC market.

Can you explain why the chargers are bottom 10 in penalties for and penalties against?
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 12-13-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13960175)
I've always said that the refs are shitty. I've never said that there aren't calls that go against us that are bullshit. But the same goes the other way too.
Posted via Mobile Device

I assume the closest somebody like you can come to experiencing happiness is to have everybody around you miserable. Congratulations. This must be a wonderful moment for you.

Chiefspants 12-13-2018 11:01 PM

Are people really of the opinion that the refs did not help us out on our final TD Drive?

If the NFL was all in on LAC - why bail us out on two different points of that drive? Sure, the calls were atrocious - but they were consistently atrocious against both sides all game.

This is on Sutton and Reid.