ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs One penality for 5 yards against the Pats (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318180)

BlackOp 10-14-2018 09:31 PM

One penality for 5 yards against the Pats

NFL wanted to keep the Chargers close...I figured this was the case.

Edit* My bad...NE had ZERO penalty yards...AR declined a token 5 yarder.

Will have to check to see the last time that has happened..if ever.

TLO 10-14-2018 09:32 PM

Shut the **** up

tyreekthefreak 10-14-2018 09:34 PM

ESPN says NE had ZERO penalties! They had ONE offensive pass interference which was nullified by defensive holding!

NEVER has a team not been given any yards by penalties!

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 09:35 PM

Well to be fair NE's DB's weren't literally tackling receivers like ours were. Makes it pretty easy to make calls.

gimmieshelter69rs 10-14-2018 09:35 PM

Its called spending alot of time at practice working on prooer technique and fundementals. Scouting the officiating crew. NE is a well coached team. KC not so much.

MarkDavis'Haircut 10-14-2018 09:36 PM

BlackOps makes the best threads.

How do the Jesuits fit into this?

petegz28 10-14-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmieshelter69rs (Post 13817514)
Its called spending alot of time at practice working on prooer technique and fundementals. Scouting the officiating crew. NE is a well coached team. KC not so much.

It's called not calling a blatant offsides.....among others

LoneWolf 10-14-2018 09:38 PM

BlackOp is a ****ing moron. Show us all the obvious penalties the refs didn’t call or better yet just shut your gaping cockholster.

Eleazar 10-14-2018 09:38 PM

One accepted penalty. There were other declined and offsetting penalties.

Mecca 10-14-2018 09:39 PM

I'm sorry there is no way a team goes a whole game without getting a penalty unless well you know they are overlooked.

BlackOp 10-14-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13817506)
Well to be fair NE's DB's weren't literally tackling receivers like ours were. Makes it pretty easy to make calls.

I cant believe you used "to be fair"...like NE just played a perfect game. They had one 5 yard token penalty for illegal formation...which Reid declined.

So ESPN is correct ZERO penalty yards...Had Edleman on OPI but they invented an offsetting defensive holding against KC.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-14-2018 09:39 PM

Called it before the game

Pasta Little Brioni 10-14-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13817573)
I'm sorry there is no way a team goes a whole game without getting a penalty unless well you know they are overlooked.

Told you, bud

BlackOp 10-14-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13817552)
BlackOp is a ****ing moron. Show us all the obvious penalties the refs didn’t call or better yet just shut your gaping cockholster.

I'm a moron for pointing out that NE had zero penalty yards?...whatever.

I've never seen a team with zero penalty yards....it's a first for me.

Mecca 10-14-2018 09:41 PM

Like I said I completely forgot that the NFL is going to ride the old dog as long as possible, they did it with Manning even when he was shitty.

They won't attempt to make a new star until they have to.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 09:42 PM

They had a penalty.

EPodolak 10-14-2018 09:43 PM

Chiefs declined a penalty, another illegal motion, and an offsetting that I saw. It's a dry pointless topic. We lost.

CaliforniaChief 10-14-2018 09:44 PM

Make tackles and cover your guy.

jd1020 10-14-2018 09:44 PM

Unless someone saw something I didn't I'm not exactly sure how the officials are an excuse.

We declined penalties and offset penalties because the defense is ****ing terrible.

I don't recall any Patriots defender just straight up tackling one of our receivers outside of the TD to Hill when Hunt was tackled in front of him, but let's not pretend that would have been accepted any ways, if it was even called.

LoneWolf 10-14-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13817602)
I'm a moron for pointing out that NE had zero penalty yards?...whatever.

I've never seen a team with zero penalty yards....it's a first for me.

You’re a moron for thinking this is all some grand conspiracy to keep the Chargers close. New England played a clean game. There weren’t any obvious calls that weren’t called.

tk13 10-14-2018 09:46 PM

I honestly thought it was a pretty well officiated game.

Our defense is objectively terrible and we have multiple backups playing along the OL now. We're probably lucky we didn't end up with more penalties.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 09:48 PM

Out of curiosity how many penalty yards did KC have if you take out the awful DPI's we fully deserved?

staylor26 10-14-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13817714)
Out of curiosity how many penalty yards did KC have if you take out the awful DPI's we fully deserved?

I don’t know what games you guys watch sometimes.

The defensive holding on Fuller that led to offsetting penalties was horseshit

The other on Fuller when Hogan was pushing off the entire route. What is a defender supposed to do in that situation? You tell me. Terrible call.

They weren’t all legit by any means.

BlackOp 10-14-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13817678)
You’re a moron for thinking this is all some grand conspiracy to keep the Chargers close. New England played a clean game. There weren’t any obvious calls that weren’t called.

And you're an oblivious fool that hasn't noticed the unfounded LA Chargers hype train that has been going on for 10 months...

It's been border-line ridiculous....they want the Chargers to succeed in LA at all costs. They have a 20 million person market to exploit and a 4 billion dollar stadium to fill.

I predicted that KC at 5-1 was more beneficial for the parity in the NFL at week 6.

It's a ratings business...Chiefs at 6-0 is bad for overall health.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13817742)

The other on Fuller when Hogan was pushing off the entire route. What is a defender supposed to do in that situation? You tell me. Terrible call.

Fuller tackled one of the WR's on the long DPI. Just straight up held onto his arm and then tackled him. Same with Nelson. If you don't think those 2 were penalties then I'm not sure you should be calling people out for the game the are "watching".

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-14-2018 09:53 PM

I think I need a screencap of the boxscore for my new avatar.

jd1020 10-14-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13817742)

The only angle I saw when Fuller was called for a holding that offset OPI didn't show a side angle. He got beat by the receiver and if he grabbed his jersey and pulled it then ya it was holding. Did you see an angle that let you see if that happened or not?

And refs have let receivers and defenders arm jostle while running down the sideline as long as I can remember. It's not until someone pushes off at the very end when something is called.

BlackOp 10-14-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13817772)
Fuller tackled one of the WR's on the long DPI. Just straight up held onto his arm and then tackled him. Same with Nelson. If you don't think those 2 were penalties then I'm not sure you should be calling people out for the game the are "watching".

I wasn't posting this to insinuate that KC didn't commit the penalties...they absolutely didn't commit the offsetting one. That was invented out of nothing..

I was pointing out that NE had no accepted penalties...and I've never seen that.

They had to overcome nothing...for 60 minutes.

staylor26 10-14-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13817772)

You are either completely ignoring Hogan blatantly pushing off the entire route, or you don’t understand that at worst it should be offsetting penalties based on what transpired on that play. Like I said what the **** do you want a guy to do when he is getting pushed multiple times on a go route? The coverage was actually good, but when a guy can push off like that it is extremely tough to defend.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a penalty. I’m saying it was also a penalty on Hogan.

They call that ticky tack holding on Fuller causing the penalties to offset, but not that? Horseshit.

LoneWolf 10-14-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13817756)
And you're an oblivious fool that hasn't noticed the unfounded LA Chargers hype train that has been going on for 10 months...

It's been border-line ridiculous....they want the Chargers to succeed in LA at all costs. They have a 20 million person market to exploit and a 4 billion dollar stadium to fill.

I predicted that KC at 5-1 was more beneficial for the parity in the NFL at week 6.

Then why did they allow the Chargers to lose a home division game to KC to start the season? You’re a ****ing idiot.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13817842)
The only angle I saw when Fuller was called for a holding that offset OPI didn't show a side angle. He got beat by the receiver and if he grabbed his jersey and pulled it then ya it was holding. Did you see an angle that let you see if that happened or not?

And refs have let receivers and defenders arm jostle while running down the sideline as long as I can remember. It's not until someone pushes off at the very end when something is called.

That's not even the play I'm giving shit to Fuller for. Seemed like a phantom call to me.

But the TD coverage and the coverage on Hogan was terrible. I don't care what push off S Taylor is referencing on that play, Fuller could have made a play on the ball but instead panics, doesn't trust himself, and just tackles Hogan. A #1 corner can't have that little confidence. This isn't about what I think about Fuller long-term.

But those plays by Nelson and Fuller are mind-boggling. Just try to make an attempt on the ball or at least give the refs a chance not to call it. Those are blatant, easy calls.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13817890)
You are either completely ignoring Hogan blatantly pushing off the entire route, or you don’t understand that at worst it should be offsetting penalties based on what transpired on that play. Like I said what the **** do you want a guy to do when he is getting pushed multiple times on a go route? The coverage was actually good, but when a guy can push off like that it is extremely tough to defend.

I expect him to turn around and make a play on the ball or just not tackle the guy. You are guaranteeing a flag. Let's of course not allow for any chance that you are seeing the play wrong. We all know how bad you want Fuller and Nelson to be good. Hell I do as well but those are not smart plays no matter how much you blame the refs.

staylor26 10-14-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13817928)
I expect him to turn around and make a play on the ball or just not tackle the guy. You are guaranteeing a flag.

Lol easy to say from your couch.

Answer my question. By the rule, did Hogan not push off? If you say no, you’re either lying or you missed the replay where it showed the entire route. It was ridiculously obvious.

staylor26 10-14-2018 10:09 PM

Anybody that doesn’t understand how frustrating it is when a guy is pushing off the entire way down the field and all you can do is grab on has honestly never had to cover somebody themselves and deal with it.

It’s so easy to say he should’ve turned around or whatever. That’s easier said than done in that context. The guy had good coverage and without the push off that ball doesn’t get completed and he never has to grab back at him.

Eleazar 10-14-2018 10:10 PM

The only call that I even thought was questionable was Fuller holding on the play where Edelman was called for pushing off.

Other than that, it was a very clean game and the officials were a non-factor. The penalties called on us, other than maybe that one, were all legitimate.

jd1020 10-14-2018 10:11 PM

If you are waiting for a ref to throw a flag on either a receiver or CB for arm jostling down the side line you are gonna be waiting a long long time. It happens on every pass play. Until someone commits blatant PI or the defender holds then its gonna be a play on situation.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13817956)
Lol easy to say from your couch.

Answer my question. By the rule, did Hogan not push off? If you say no, you’re either lying or you missed the replay where it showed the entire route. It was ridiculously obvious.

Of course it's easy to say from my couch. But is it not reasonable to expect a #1 corner to do that? Am I really being unreasonable? Like are we that bad that we need to compare how a Chief plays to how I play? Should I respond with any criticism you have with "real easy to say from your couch". What a cop-out response for a message board.

As for your question, it's hard to tell from the angle they show what Hogan's extended arm is doing to Fuller but I would agree that it should have been called.

Now my question I would like you to answer is this, does Hogan's actions really excuse Fuller from grabbing his arm and making it that easy for the refs to call? You know they want to make a call. You can't do that. Even if it should have been negating penalties Fuller can't play it that way. If he does we are going to be screwed every time. You also know that WR's will get that call again and again, fair or not.

Really the more egregious decision was Nelson's actual tackle on Gordon.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13817992)
Anybody that doesn’t understand how frustrating it is when a guy is pushing off the entire way down the field and all you can do is grab on has honestly never had to cover somebody themselves and deal with it.

It’s so easy to say he should’ve turned around or whatever. That’s easier said than done in that context. The guy had good coverage and without the push off that ball doesn’t get completed and he never has to grab back at him.

But the point is grabbing back, justified or not, is GUARANTEEING a call. This isn't about whether I feel Fuller's pain or not. It's about what needs to be done. The league isn't going to change. Fuller is going to get called for pulling a players arm down every time.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2018 10:23 PM

the penality mightier

Mecca 10-14-2018 10:25 PM

Kendall Fuller isn't a 1Cb lets stop that talk now.

gimmieshelter69rs 10-14-2018 10:26 PM

Up 40-33 belichick lets hill score, almost positive he let that go. New KC could not stop his offense. Reid using his timeouts early pushed that desicion. Did want to play for OT

BlackOp 10-14-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13817911)
Then why did they allow the Chargers to lose a home division game to KC to start the season? You’re a ****ing idiot.

If I respected your opinion...I might reply with a counter. I figure being limited intellectually and angry because of it is punishment enough...have a nice life.

LoneWolf 10-14-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13818150)
If I respected your opinion...I might reply with a counter. I figure being limited intellectually and angry because of it is punishment enough...have a nice life.

Nice tapout. ROFL

jd1020 10-14-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmieshelter69rs (Post 13818147)
Up 40-33 belichick lets hill score, almost positive he let that go. New KC could not stop his offense. Reid using his timeouts early pushed that desicion. Did want to play for OT

What? Do you think Belichick was on the radio in his defenders ear telling him to let Hill go?

gimmieshelter69rs 10-14-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13818179)
What? Do you think Belichick was on the radio in his defenders ear telling him to let Hill go?

No they would have talked about that before hand.

jd1020 10-14-2018 10:34 PM

I'm sure it comes up in discussions when up by a touchdown with 3 minutes left to let the other team score a touchdown.

BlackOp 10-14-2018 10:36 PM

The Patriots were called for 1 penalty against the Jaguars

It is the fewest penalties called on one team in a playoff game since the 2011 AFC Championship... when the Patriots were called for 1 penalty in a win over the Ravens
— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) January 21, 2018

Indeed, since 2011, the Pats have hosted 12 playoff games, during which they have been penalized 24 percent less, for 34 percent less yards, than their opponents. In other words, for every 2 yards the Patriots lose on penalties in Foxborough, they gain 3 yards back on the road team’s infractions.

While the Patriots have committed fewer minor infractions—which include the likes of false starts and delays of game, and which could result mainly from more discipline at the line of scrimmage—the greatest imbalance has emerged via the most punishing penalties. New England’s opponents have amassed twice as many of the most severe flags,

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13818213)
I'm sure it comes up in discussions when up by a touchdown with 3 minutes left to let the other team score a touchdown.

Letting Gronk score once he caught it would have been the better decision had the defender thought of it. That's something you need to think about before the play though. I'd guess Gronk wouldn't have been clever enough to get not score.

Eleazar 10-14-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13818222)
The Patriots were called for 1 penalty against the Jaguars

It is the fewest penalties called on one team in a playoff game since the 2011 AFC Championship... when the Patriots were called for 1 penalty in a win over the Ravens
— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) January 21, 2018

So, 6 years apart, the team that's probably played in the greatest total number of playoff games over that span committed few penalties. Which team, of course, has probably won the most playoff games in the league over that span - which is generally correlated with being penalized less. And of course none of this takes into account offsetting penalties or those not accepted.

Ground-breaking stuff there.

jd1020 10-14-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13818244)
Letting Gronk score once he caught it would have been the better decision had the defender thought of it. That's something you need to think about before the play though. I'd guess Gronk wouldn't have been clever enough to get not score.

Ya but that's a completely different situation. The game is essentially over at that point if you tackle him because they are already in range for a chip shot FG and you don't have the timeouts to get the ball back.

At no point do I see a team conceding a TD late in a game when you are up by a TD. The only way you lose in that situation is if the other team converts a 2 pt conversion and we all know Andy was going for 1. He called the entire game like a pussy. Kicking a FG on 4th and 2. Not going for the 2 pt conversion earlier in the game.

gimmieshelter69rs 10-14-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13818213)

It would when you know you can’t stop the other teams offense. And you would have to rely on a coin toss to decide the game.. I guess in KC they don’t do those things. They just let the chips fall where they may. No forward thinking.
STUPID, if you think they wanted to play for over time.

NJChiefsFan 10-14-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 13818266)
Ya but that's a completely different situation. The game is essentially over at that point if you tackle him because they are already in range for a chip shot FG and you don't have the timeouts to get the ball back.

At no point do I see a team conceding a TD late in a game when you are up by a TD.

I agree. Much better chance of tying it on offense than blocking that fg. And that's with any offense, not just this one. I was hoping he would let him go after the catch.

BlackOp 10-14-2018 10:47 PM

All I'm saying is NE just went against arguably the fastest offensive skill position group in the NFL and didnt commit a single defensive holding call.

That's impressive...

Imon Yourside 10-14-2018 10:49 PM

Even if NE got some calls it's expected they're at home and have been the darlings of the NFL for quite a while. This is NOT what lost us the game and it's not even close.

Bob Dole 10-14-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmieshelter69rs (Post 13818147)

Stop drinking.

Frazod 10-14-2018 10:51 PM

I really don't remember seeing the typical obvious uncalled blatant holds that seem to plague us week to week.

Frankly, our defense was so bad that they didn't need to be illegally held.

KC_Connection 10-14-2018 11:00 PM

When you play the Patriots in this league, you have to beat the refs too. It's the way it has been for well over a decade now. And yet Mahomes almost managed to do it on the road despite several bad mistakes. Good times ahead.

RunKC 10-14-2018 11:12 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">First time it&#39;s happened this season, 12th this century, and 22nd in the last 40 years. Shoutout <a href="https://twitter.com/pfref?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@pfref</a>. <a href="https://t.co/EGMvxbmSCr">https://t.co/EGMvxbmSCr</a></p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1051692005728944128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Dawg 10-15-2018 05:38 AM

Same as it always is. NE is in the leagues back pocket. You have to play perfect because the refs always help them and we all know it. No penalties is impossible. Always happens to them though.

RunKC 10-15-2018 08:32 AM

Blacktop was right guys. This is ****ing ridiculous
That these holds were not called shows clear bias. This isn’t ticky tacky shit. It’s blatant and clear as ****ing day.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wonder if Travis Kelce was getting held on this play <a href="https://t.co/lYVQDhmRhw">pic.twitter.com/lYVQDhmRhw</a></p>&mdash; B Turn (@bturner23) <a href="https://twitter.com/bturner23/status/1051645406319403009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caption this... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/X5T4wWZNfx">pic.twitter.com/X5T4wWZNfx</a></p>&mdash; KMBC (@kmbc) <a href="https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/1051678201569787904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rain Man 10-15-2018 08:39 AM

I mean, we talkin' about zero penalties.

Zero.

Zero penalties.

It's zero penalties.

Zero.

Zero.

We talkin' about zero.

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnew....jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Fish 10-15-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13817756)

LMAO... yeah, undefeated teams are terrible for ratings... You ****ing dope.

Red Dawg 10-15-2018 08:41 AM

Disgusting. Totally rigged up shit no calls.

mr. tegu 10-15-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13819129)
That these holds were not called shows clear bias. This isn’t ticky tacky shit. It’s blatant and clear as ****ing day.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wonder if Travis Kelce was getting held on this play <a href="https://t.co/lYVQDhmRhw">pic.twitter.com/lYVQDhmRhw</a></p>— B Turn (@bturner23) <a href="https://twitter.com/bturner23/status/1051645406319403009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caption this... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/X5T4wWZNfx">pic.twitter.com/X5T4wWZNfx</a></p>— KMBC (@kmbc) <a href="https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/1051678201569787904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That Kelce one is atrocious. On a small field of play that’s an easy call to see and make.

crayzkirk 10-15-2018 09:03 AM

Saved by Zero...

The Fixx...

Let it go guys, the game is over. The NFL doesn't care about our whining. The Chiefs didn't do enough to win the game. Not enough stops on defense, not enough points on offense.

You can't change unconscious bias; everyone has it. Just like how certain pitchers seem to have a strike zone that others can only dream about.

After all of these years, I've finally learned to not get upset by something that is so meaningless as a football game. It's entertainment; were we not entertained?

MIAdragon 10-15-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13817506)

I’ll just leave this here

https://i.imgur.com/xHecqeS.gif

Rain Man 10-15-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wonder if Travis Kelce was getting held on this play <a href="https://t.co/lYVQDhmRhw">pic.twitter.com/lYVQDhmRhw</a></p>&mdash; B Turn (@bturner23) <a href="https://twitter.com/bturner23/status/1051645406319403009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caption this... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/X5T4wWZNfx">pic.twitter.com/X5T4wWZNfx</a></p>&mdash; KMBC (@kmbc) <a href="https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/1051678201569787904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(Pursed lips.) And yet they call Fuller for defensive holding because he couldn't get free of Chris Hogan's grip.

stevieray 10-15-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

This right here is why the league and the refs suck.

This crap gets sooooooooooooo old.

Eleazar 10-15-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13819147)
LMAO... yeah, undefeated teams are terrible for ratings... You ****ing dope.

This team is doomed to waste Mahomes' first season as a starter with another early playoff exit.

It's doomed by the fact that although we finally have our QB, the team has let the defense deteriorate to the point where it's not a credible NFL unit. It may set the all time record for yards allowed in a season. The defense is HISTORICALLY bad.

People seem to be moving through the grieving process about this year.

People at first were claiming the defense wasn't really that bad (denial). Then they were calling for Sutton's head and blaming it all on him (anger). Then they were claiming that Berry would be back and everything would be fine, or that it's really just that the refs are part of a massive conspiracy to keep the Chiefs down (bargaining).

Acceptance is when you realize that the personnel on defense is too bad for any shuffling of the deck chairs to really matter, and that you can't win in January with a defense like this, and we should just watch Mahomes and enjoy the promise of the future.

(While hoping Reid and Veach can build a new defense, starting from rock bottom, over the next couple of offseasons... which based on this year's draft, doesn't look promising)

Mecca 10-15-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Yea they're a well coached team that doesn't commit penalties, uh huh.

redfan 10-15-2018 10:40 AM

It's totes legit, they're just that good.

staylor26 10-15-2018 10:42 AM

WTF?

Those were just ****ing egregious. What the **** is that OL doing on that one? That looks like a DB he’s holding?

But according to NJ the Pats weren’t holding :rolleyes:

Halfcan 10-15-2018 10:44 AM

Pats are the most hated team of all time. Even the casual fans realize they have every advantage handed to them. Their O line blatantly holds and is Never called for it. Kelce was held the entire game- no calls. They run obvious pick plays- no calls. Edlemen and Gronk push off nearly every play- no call.

How about that Punt in the 4th quarter? Pats blocker literally has 2 handsful of jersey and pulls our guy into the punter and they flag us? They picked it up and said he was "blocked" into the punter. Blocked?? Are you ****ing kidding me?

O.city 10-15-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13819544)
WTF?

Those were just ****ing egregious. What the **** is that OL doing on that one? That looks like a DB he’s holding?

But according to NJ the Pats weren’t holding :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, Collinsworth talked about that one live. If you have your DB right up on the line jamming, the OL can do that.

FAX 10-15-2018 10:49 AM

LOL

NE had 7 penalties against the Colts, 6 against the Fins, 5 against the Lions, and 6 against the Texans.

Bill must have coached his ass off last week.

FAX

Rasputin 10-15-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 13819221)
I’ll just leave this here

https://i.imgur.com/xHecqeS.gif

NE tackles Hunt while the ball was in the air probably did us a favor so that Tyreek makes the play.

vailpass 10-15-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13817456)
NFL wanted to keep the Chargers close...I figured this was the case.

Edit* My bad...NE had ZERO penalty yards...AR declined a token 5 yarder.

Will have to check to see the last time that has happened..if ever.

Loon gonna' loon. Phyllis Rivers is a closet Jesuit.

Your stud QB hung 40 on NE on the road and it's the refs who kept you from winning.

bobbything 10-15-2018 11:02 AM

New England is the least penalized team in the league. We are 2nd most penalized team.

From what I could see, the last time a team had zero penalties was 2016. Buffalo.

Red Dawg 10-15-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13819609)
Loon gonna' loon. Phyllis Rivers is a closet Jesuit.

Your stud QB hung 40 on NE on the road and it's the refs who kept you from winning.

Yes. We should have had another TD. They damn near tackled Kelce in the end zone on one play. Badly blocked our DB covering Gronk. Should have been 50.

gblowfish 10-15-2018 11:03 AM

Pats fans go all black hole on Tyreek after his final game tying TD. Stay classy Boston.

http://dailysnark.com/patriots-fans-...kCPFYLYamchVgo