ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Surprise make the team or gets cut thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315852)

jjchieffan 06-17-2018 03:01 PM

Surprise make the team or gets cut thread

We've had these in the past, but I thought that one between the draft and training camp would make for some interesting discussion. We've seen the expected casulties. Now, we have a 90 man roster. A lot of them are training camp fodder, but there are some young guys that could surprise and make the team. I'll start with Ryan Hunter. He's already taking starting snaps. If he makes the team, who goes? Ehinger? Witzman? Erving? My surprise cut would be Morse, if he gets hurt again. He hasn't stayed healthy and hasn't really been that great since his rookie year. Who do you have?

TambaBerry 06-17-2018 03:04 PM

Spencer Ware

Halfcan 06-17-2018 03:05 PM

Cutting Zombo and Sorensen would free up a lot of cap space.

Erving has a lot of competition- I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut as well.

Halfcan 06-17-2018 03:06 PM

West is the odd man out. West and Ware won't both be here.

Pitt Gorilla 06-17-2018 03:07 PM

Morse won’t get cut.

Skyy God 06-17-2018 03:22 PM

Dirty Dan is the easy choice if O’Daniel and Watts step up.

Frees up a ton of needed cap space.

Skyy God 06-17-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13596568)
Cutting Zombo and Sorensen would free up a lot of cap space.

Erving has a lot of competition- I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut as well.

Zombo is basically vet minimum.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-17-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13596582)
Zombo is basically vet minimum.

And Sorenson can't be cut right now. all dead money if you do.

T-post Tom 06-17-2018 03:42 PM

Ware. I like him, but I doubt he makes the team.

RunKC 06-17-2018 03:47 PM

Make: Ryan Hunter
Cut:Charcandrick West

KChiefs1 06-17-2018 03:50 PM

Make: Arrion Springs
Cut: Charcandrick West

Skyy God 06-17-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13596594)

Nope.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/...lty-candidates

Titty Meat 06-17-2018 04:06 PM

DAT will get cut

Skyy God 06-17-2018 04:34 PM

Speaking of cuts, I would have preferred we draft Dickson in the 5th instead of extending the MVP.

Easy 6 06-17-2018 04:53 PM

In spite of his talent, Morse and his mounting injury history can get lost

Reid suggested he may not even be ready for camp... well, bye

bsp4444 06-17-2018 05:13 PM

Akeem Hunt

Then signed

Then cut

And so on

Simply Red 06-17-2018 05:39 PM

I find UDFA Jordan Stearns a good player to discuss.

ct 06-17-2018 05:49 PM

i suspect there will be a lot of unexpected guys at the bottom of the 53

Cut: Jehu Chesson
Make: Gehrig Dieter

Cut: Leon McQuay
Make: Jordan Stearns

Other guys that could make it - Pringle, Springs, Redmond, Darrel Williams

Guys that really wont be a surprise if cut - West, Sorenson, McGloin, probably mcquay also.

Jewish Rabbi 06-17-2018 06:06 PM

I would be surprised if Mahomes gets cut.

Beef Supreme 06-17-2018 06:09 PM

I thought the thread title was surprise cuts. Everyone listing dudes who are either damned likely to get cut or on the bubble. One person mentioned Morse, that seems in the spirit.

ChiefGator 06-17-2018 06:10 PM

I think Zombo gets pushed out just by the numbers game.. we have too many young talented LBers and plenty of young good special teamers.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-17-2018 06:15 PM

CJ Spiller

Signed
Cut
signed
Cut
Signed
Cut
Signed
Cut

BossChief 06-17-2018 07:59 PM

Bailey and Sorsenson.

Chiefs Moon 06-17-2018 08:07 PM

Sherman. Also predicting a trade with Cleveland. A couple of our cuts (Sorenson, Sherman, Zombo, Chesson, etc...) get packaged for late round draft pick(s).

Titty Meat 06-17-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13596787)
Bailey and Sorsenson.

Nah hes here 1 more year

chiefzilla1501 06-17-2018 11:53 PM

I'll go against the grain and say that Sorensen stays, Murray goes.

I don't love how the Sorensen cap situation is broken down. We save ~$3.5M of which $2M is due next year instead of this year. We still have to pay that. So really we're saving about $1.5M? With all the dead money I'd rather play him and cut him after the year. Without Sorensen, Murray would probably play a decent # of subpackages and I'd rather keep Murray off the field. Sorensen was solid a few years ago next to Berry. He's the favorite to be the #3 Safety with O'Daniel getting plenty of playing time in subpackages.

If Murray doesn't improve from last year, I can't see them picking him over Golden for a roster spot.

Halfcan 06-18-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 13596712)
i suspect there will be a lot of unexpected guys at the bottom of the 53

Cut: Jehu Chesson
Make: Gehrig Dieter

Cut: Leon McQuay
Make: Jordan Stearns

Other guys that could make it - Pringle, Springs, Redmond, Darrel Williams

Guys that really wont be a surprise if cut - West, Sorenson, McGloin, probably mcquay also.

Excellent list! Spot on IMO. Dieter has been catching everything thrown his way and is reportedly Mahomes closest friend on the team. Chesson has not shown too much- he is going to have to ball out during the preseason.

McQuay has never really done much. When you watch the Sterns highlight video it really shows what the secondary has been lacking back there. Murray is gone too. He is a poor tackler and average in coverage.

It is time to cut bench riders like Hulk Bailey and get some cheaper, younger talent in there. Hulk has been more like Bruce Banner and unless he had an infusion of Gamma rays in the offseason, I don't see how he makes the club.

Not sure how DAT makes it, but they resigned him, so I guess he is safe?

With Harris's pot troubles and stone hands, I hoped someone would step up and take his spot. The Chiefs have been very quiet on the subject, so I guess that is a nod for support?

Either West or Ware gets cut or traded, maybe both since we signed every RB named Williams in the phonebook.

Zombo- Gone.

Morse- probably stays over Erving if he is healthy.

carcosa 06-18-2018 08:53 AM

Frank Zombo is 31, which means he's literally older than the Earth. He's gone.

chiefzilla1501 06-18-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13597025)
Excellent list! Spot on IMO. Dieter has been catching everything thrown his way and is reportedly Mahomes closest friend on the team. Chesson has not shown too much- he is going to have to ball out during the preseason.

McQuay has never really done much. When you watch the Sterns highlight video it really shows what the secondary has been lacking back there. Murray is gone too. He is a poor tackler and average in coverage.

It is time to cut bench riders like Hulk Bailey and get some cheaper, younger talent in there. Hulk has been more like Bruce Banner and unless he had an infusion of Gamma rays in the offseason, I don't see how he makes the club.

With Harris's pot troubles and stone hands, I hoped someone would step up and take his spot. The Chiefs have been very quiet on the subject, so I guess that is a nod for support?

Either West or Ware gets cut or traded, maybe both since we signed every RB named Williams in the phonebook.

Zombo- Gone.

Id be shocked if DAT leaves. The Chiefs seemed very interested in signing a slot receiver and it didn't work out. They need a replacement for Albert Wilson. I'd rather have tyreek go vertical, and less gadget plays and jet sweeps. Kareem hunt isn't fast enough to do sprint plays, which will be fantastic in air raid. DAT seems to me like a stopgap more than anything. But he has a role.

Hydrae 06-18-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Zombo- Gone.

Chesson is our special teams ace so I do not expect him to go anywhere even if he is not really counted against the WR positions.

Discuss Thrower 06-18-2018 12:42 PM

Conley will be a surprise cut.

Tribal Warfare 06-18-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13597420)

This and Spencer Ware

Skyy God 06-18-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Nah.

Maybe traded, tho.

RunKC 06-18-2018 04:20 PM

Why would you cut Conley? Nobody is trading for a guy coming off an Achilles tear in his last year. The guy knows our offense better than any receiver bc he’s been here the longest. Might as well keep him the last year since he’s cheap.

We want to give Mahomes as many weapons as possible and Conley is very capable.

Perineum Ripper 06-18-2018 04:55 PM

I was reading an article about Conley earlier today

Basically said,

He lost about 15 lbs, worked on his hands a lot when he wasn’t able to run routes, is practicing a lot with first team, is helping Watkins with play book, is looking really good so far

Coochie liquor 06-18-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13596737)
CJ Spiller

Signed
Cut
signed
Cut
Signed
Cut
Signed
Cut

Came to post this. Good call Hog!

MVChiefFan 06-18-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 13597644)

Basically said,

He lost about 15 lbs, worked on his hands a lot when he wasn’t able to run routes, is practicing a lot with first team, is helping Watkins with play book, is looking really good so far

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. I know we have a whole training camp coming up, to find out differently, but right now I just think there’s too much of a gap between him and most of the other receivers.

Bob Dole 06-18-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 13596790)
Sherman. Also predicting a trade with Cleveland. A couple of our cuts (Sorenson, Sherman, Zombo, Chesson, etc...) get packaged for late round draft pick(s).

Who’s the FB if you cut The Sausage?

ToxSocks 06-18-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Not a chance in hell.

Not only is he our 3rd best WR, but you don't cut contract year players.

Coogs 06-18-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 13596790)

Doesn't Cleveland have first dibs at the waiver wire?

O.city 06-18-2018 06:57 PM

Sherman does a shit load on special teams, they won’t move him.

Maybe ware.

Coogs 06-18-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13597806)

Maybe ware.

I thought Sherman was very impressive in short yardage situations in Denver in Mahomes's start. Could be a weapon there going forward, as short yardage situations have been sort of an achilles heel these past few years.

KChiefs1 06-18-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Basically said,

Mahomes mentioned him in an interview too so he must have shown something in mini-camp.

aturnis 06-18-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13596594)

Gotta take that one on the chin. Can't keep living with the mistakes of John Dorsey. Dan's gotta go.

ct 06-19-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Zombo- Gone.

i literally didnt even mention DAT cause i assume he's gone. i'd be surprised if he were NOT cut! too many talented ST prospects to push him off the roster - golden, pringle, smith, o'daniel, kemp even. I just dont see DAT holding a roster spot for ST or gadget plays anymore.

Toad 06-19-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13597049)
Frank Zombo is 31, which means he's literally older than the Earth. He's gone.

Literally older than the earth? :rolleyes:

MahiMike 06-19-2018 12:47 PM

Conley gets cut

RockChalk 06-19-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Basically said,

You see though, this is CP, where a bunch of JAG's sit on their computers and believe they are better talent evaluators than those who actually hold NFL positions as such. In this world, there are people who genuinely believe Conley will be cut.

JakeF 06-19-2018 01:08 PM

Let's all hope that there is a Linebacker or Cornerback that suprises everyone to make the team because he's a stud. We need both badly.

chiefzilla1501 06-19-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 13598639)
i literally didnt even mention DAT cause i assume he's gone. i'd be surprised if he were NOT cut! too many talented ST prospects to push him off the roster - golden, pringle, smith, o'daniel, kemp even. I just dont see DAT holding a roster spot for ST or gadget plays anymore.

We lost albert Wilson. We need a jet sweep guy and a guy to sprint out to short routes. Huge waste to have tyreek or Sammy do that, Kareem is too slow. I doubt DAT gets cut. Considering how wide open this offense will be it helps to have a guy in this niche role. I don't think DAT is ideal for this, but he's the best we have.

Discuss Thrower 06-19-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13598750)
You see though, this is CP, where a bunch of JAG's sit on their computers and believe they are better talent evaluators than those who actually hold NFL positions as such. In this world, there are people who genuinely believe Conley will be cut.

Also on CP: a cadre of people who think Instagram clips of a dude playing a step above Division 2 flipping tractor tires implies he'll have a ten sack season as a 3-4 defensive end.

RockChalk 06-19-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13598829)
Also on CP: a cadre of people who think Instagram clips of a dude playing a step above Division 2 flipping tractor tires implies he'll have a ten sack season as a 3-4 defensive end.

100%

Pitt Gorilla 06-19-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

no.

RippedmyFlesh 06-19-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13597806)

Maybe ware.

I would think west if ware is ready to go.

staylor26 06-19-2018 02:35 PM

:facepalm: @ Conley getting cut

Why the **** would we cut our 3rd best WR that’s on a rookie deal in a contract year? Not to mention he is a great teammate and lockeroom guy. There’s absolutely no reason to do that.

staylor26 06-19-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13598829)

Yea, I’m going to say this definitely never happened. Stop deflecting from your shit take.

Tribal Warfare 06-20-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13598912)
:facepalm: @ Conley getting cut

Why the **** would we cut our 3rd best WR that’s on a rookie deal in a contract year? Not to mention he is a great teammate and lockeroom guy. There’s absolutely no reason to do that.

it would be a SURPRISE if he was cut , but if he does get released it's due to not recovering from his achilles injury or reaggrivating it.

JoeyChuckles 06-20-2018 04:38 PM

Nobody is really going too far out on a limb here, so I'll be the one to do it.

Miami cuts Albert Wilson after the third preseason game and we pick him up, he makes the roster.

Kiimo 06-20-2018 04:47 PM

My hot take is Sammy Watkins spends most of his time in the slot allowing Hill and Conley to run free

Naptown Chief 06-20-2018 04:53 PM

Watkins goes AWOL and NFL allows us to reallocate salary to strange reptilian creature.

In other news, Marcus Peters breaks finger nail and sprains vagina during botched tackle attempt. He misses 6 games.

Cosmos 06-20-2018 05:57 PM

Out
Demetrius Harris
In
Tim Wright

Out
Ware pup
In
Darrell Williams

Out
Soreenson
In