ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weather IT'S TOO HOT!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315838)

gblowfish 06-16-2018 09:47 AM

IT'S TOO HOT!!!!

Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?

SAUTO 06-16-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13595237)
Did as much yard work as I could last night between 7:30 and sundown, finished the rest this morning before 9:30am. It's been mid to high 90's the last couple days, and will be there again today through at least Tuesday. I just work till I get tired, then I quit. My sister wound up in the ER in St. Louis yesterday with dehydration. She passed out after doing yard work for an hour. Everybody be careful out there. What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?

Im working today. This time of year the fans just blow hot air

gblowfish 06-16-2018 09:52 AM

Back in the late 1970s my summer job was working on an assembly line for Allis-Chalmers building Gleaner Combines. The building was a huge sheet metal building with no AC, concrete floors. They had fans but it just made the inside like a blast furnace in July and August. My first year there I worked 7am to 3:30 pm and it was hotter than a mother. My second year I got on the night shift and worked 3:30pm to midnight. Much better duty, it would usually cool off around 8pm, and the pay was better too.

Spott 06-16-2018 09:52 AM

I work outside in it all day long in Florida so I'm used to it. It definitely gets old sweating all day long.

gblowfish 06-16-2018 09:54 AM

When you're young you can do that. Now that I'm an old fart, some of the meds I take have warnings not to be outside in sunshine for extended periods of time. I have to be careful when doing yard work or going to a sporting event not to sit in direct sunlight for too long. Sucks getting old, man. I try to work my mowing pattern to mow the parts of my yard that are shady while they're in the shade, and stay away from the ones that are not. Between morning and evening, I can mow about 80% of the whole yard in shade if it's done at the right time.

Spott 06-16-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13595246)
When you're young you can do that. Now that I'm an old fart, some of the meds I take have warnings not to be outside in sunshine for extended periods of time. I have to be careful when doing yard work or going to a sporting event not to sit in direct sunlight for too long. Sucks getting old, man. I try to work my mowing pattern to mow the parts of my yard that are shady while they're in the shade, and stay away from the ones that are not. Between morning and evening, I can mow about 80% of the whole yard in shade if it's done at the right time.

I started at a younger age but now I'm in my 40's and it's a little harder. The main way I stacy cool at my job is to stay hydrated, find or create shade whenever possible and let the trucks and equipment do the work.

Dunit35 06-16-2018 10:07 AM

I wear a bulletproof vest 10 hours a day. I try to do a majority of my ticket writing in the morning before it gets too hot. Once it hits lunch time I’m usually dripping sweat in and out of my car.

TLO 06-16-2018 10:22 AM

:shrug:

Abba-Dabba 06-16-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13595255)
I wear a bulletproof vest 10 hours a day. I try to do a majority of my ticket writing in the morning before it gets too hot. Once it hits lunch time I’m usually dripping sweat in and out of my car.

How many tickets do you have to write?

Dunit35 06-16-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13595280)
How many tickets do you have to write?

However many I want. We don’t have a quota. But I’m in the traffic division so we write more tickets than the patrol division. We work all the accidents. They patrol the neighborhoods.

Bwana 06-16-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

What are YOU doing to stay cool this weekend?

Watching it rain non-stop. :shake:

SAUTO 06-16-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13595241)
Back in the late 1970s my summer job was working on an assembly line for Allis-Chalmers building Gleaner Combines. The building was a huge sheet metal building with no AC, concrete floors. They had fans but it just made the inside like a blast furnace in July and August. My first year there I worked 7am to 3:30 pm and it was hotter than a mother. My second year I got on the night shift and worked 3:30pm to midnight. Much better duty, it would usually cool off around 8pm, and the pay was better too.

sounds like my shop, add in hot cars being pulled in over and over

Abba-Dabba 06-16-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13595284)
However many I want. We don’t have a quota. But I’m in the traffic division so we write more tickets than the patrol division. We work all the accidents. They patrol the neighborhoods.

Ah, gotcha. Since you are you are in a traffic division does your pay increases and promotions have any bearing on the tickets you write?

I'm wondering how you can get promoted out of traffic enforcement if there is not a qualifier to separate yourself from your coworkers.

cooper barrett 06-16-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

So speeding in OK. is O.K. on hot afternoons??

The last ticket I go was for sliding through a yellow on my Bicycle and yes it was the morning of a hot day with ozone warnings....

Judge dismissed it. I was saving the earth....

Bwana 06-16-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13595294)

https://media.giphy.com/media/zjQrmdlR9ZCM/giphy.gif

frozenchief 06-16-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

I’m in Paxson, Alaska, trying to fish. It’s been too windy to drive the boat and it’s been raining but it got to about 34 degrees last night. Staying cool is not a problem this weekend.

patteeu 06-16-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Don't you write tickets based on when people do bad things?

HemiEd 06-16-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13595286)
Watching it rain non-stop. :shake:

Please send some of it here.:drool: We have had less than a 1/4 inch in the last month and crazy hot weather.
Thursday I drove home from golf in a monsoon, only a short slight drizzle here though.
My big shop is too hot to work in, so I am back in the woodshop that stays cool, around 75, getting some stuff done.

srvy 06-16-2018 11:29 AM

Yesterday in KC though it was hot there was a breeze that helped. I did mow the backyard when I got home and trimmed around everything. Ill get the front when I feel like today but I plan to watch as much of the open as I can stand. Joe Buck will make that sooner than later.

SAUTO 06-16-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13595317)

Not when its this hotROFL

Dunit35 06-16-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13595288)
Ah, gotcha. Since you are you are in a traffic division does your pay increases and promotions have any bearing on the tickets you write?

I'm wondering how you can get promoted out of traffic enforcement if there is not a qualifier to separate yourself from your coworkers.

No, we don’t make extra money depending on the amount of tickets we write.

If you’re working your ass off it can help get you in the right step as far as promotions go. We work a lot of hit and runs and if we can solve them that helps as well.

Dunit35 06-16-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13595294)

The last ticket I go was for sliding through a yellow on my Bicycle and yes it was the morning of a hot day with ozone warnings....

Judge dismissed it. I was saving the earth....

I give everyone 10mph. Anything over that I will usually stop them. 10mph over is fairly generous on my end.

srvy 06-16-2018 11:46 AM

Working in the elements my whole life I always liked winter over summer. You can always put more clothes on if your cold but when its hot you just stay hot.

I always felt for those folks who worked at Owens Corning Fiberglass in Fairfax Ks. I used to have to go in the once a month to monitor elevations on fan motor bases and column pads supporting the ovens. It was always hot in there summer and winter Think glass blowers shop in branson or a blacksmith shop. We would have one location under the main oven we would have to get readings on 12 columns. It took about 10 minutes it was so hot your heart raced and you could feel every pump. It was actually hard to think straight and if you touch the steel on the column it would burn. They actually had a rule that work under the oven could only go for 10 minute interval then you had to come out and into an air conditioned hut on the outside. We would come out pouring sweat and shirt and jeans soaked hitting the ac actually made you feel worse as you got sluggish and cold shivers. It was double overtime so we volunteered but that was the worst.

Bwana 06-16-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13595332)
Please send some of it here.:drool: We have had less than a 1/4 inch in the last month and crazy hot weather.
Thursday I drove home from golf in a monsoon, only a short slight drizzle here though.
My big shop is too hot to work in, so I am back in the woodshop that stays cool, around 75, getting some stuff done.

I would love to Ed.

SAUTO 06-16-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13595349)
Working in the elements my whole life I always liked winter over summer. You can always put more cloths on if your cold but when its hot you just stay hot.

I always felt for those folks who worked at Owens Corning Fiberglass in Fairfax Ks. I used to have to go in the once a month to monitor elevations on fan motor bases and column pads supporting the ovens. It was always hot in there summer and winter Thing glass blowers shop in branson or a blacksmith shop. We would have one location under the main oven we would have to get readings on 12 columns. It took about 10 minutes it was so hot your heart raced and you could feel every pump. It was actually hard to thing straight and if you touch the steel on the column it would burn. They actually had a rule that work under the oven could only go for 10 minute interval then you had to come out and into an air conditioned hut on the outside. We would come out pouring sweat and shirt and jeans soaked hitting the ac actually made you feel worse as you got sluggish and cold shivers. It was double overtime so we volunteered but that was the worst.

i put a steering gear on a one ton duramax yesterday afternoon about ten minutes after it got off the highway running 70 for over a hundred miles.

Hot
Mother
****er

srvy 06-16-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13595348)
I give everyone 10mph. Anything over that I will usually stop them. 10mph over is fairly generous on my end.

Now days I would imagine there is no shortage of people exceeding the posted mileage 10 mph plus.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-16-2018 11:53 AM

It was 110 here in Phoenix the other day. Yesterday it was 90. I needed a light jacket.

SAUTO 06-16-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Working in the elements my whole life I always liked winter over summer. You can always put more cloths on if your cold but when its hot you just stay hot.

I always felt for those folks who worked at Owens Corning Fiberglass in Fairfax Ks. I used to have to go in the once a month to monitor elevations on fan motor bases and column pads supporting the ovens. It was always hot in there summer and winter Thing glass blowers shop in branson or a blacksmith shop. We would have one location under the main oven we would have to get readings on 12 columns. It took about 10 minutes it was so hot your heart raced and you could feel every pump. It was actually hard to thing straight and if you touch the steel on the column it would burn. They actually had a rule that work under the oven could only go for 10 minute interval then you had to come out and into an air conditioned hut on the outside. We would come out pouring sweat and shirt and jeans soaked hitting the ac actually made you feel worse as you got sluggish and cold shivers. It was double overtime so we volunteered but that was the worst.

i put a steering gear on a one ton duramax yesterday afternoon about ten minutes after it got off the highway running 70 for over a hundred miles.

Hot
Mother
****er

LoneWolf 06-16-2018 11:58 AM

I just finished mowing, weed eating, adding mulch to the landscaping, and power washing the deck and patio. Started at 6:30 this morning.

Hike up your skirt, gblowfish. It’s not that bad out there.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 12:13 PM

My ****ing corn is dying.

**** this bullshit ass ****ing weather. Less than 2 inches in 9 months.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13595352)

Hot
Mother
****er

You’re probably humid enough that swamp coolers won’t help?

Rain Man 06-16-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13595317)

Supply of bad people apparently outstrips demand. On a positive note, I have learned that I can speed in hot weather if I do it only in the afternoon.

I'm in Arkansas today and ran a 10K this morning since it was kind of near my hotel. I was dripping sweat at 7:30 in the morning at the starting line. That's just not right.

cooper barrett 06-16-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 13595348)

I like the traffic guys who pop on the lights and give you the I'm looking at you move.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7706...itemid=4333957

srvy 06-16-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13595358)

Hot
Mother
****er

Yep I could imagine.

srvy 06-16-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13595361)
I just finished mowing, weed eating, adding mulch to the landscaping, and power washing the deck and patio. Started at 6:30 this morning.

Hike up your skirt, gblowfish. It’s not that bad out there.

I think you missed the part where he stated medications he takes are heat sensitive.

Also everyone's heat and cold tolerances are different.

Chief Roundup 06-16-2018 01:24 PM

I understand it is hot every where. We hit 100 this week. The humidity has been in the 90% area to go along with the temps.
The bright side is summer doesn't start for almost another week........

Bearcat 06-16-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 13595357)
It was 110 here in Phoenix the other day. Yesterday it was 90. I needed a light jacket.

80 in Phoenix today, hope you have a scarf. :eek:

Fish 06-16-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Working in the elements my whole life I always liked winter over summer. You can always put more clothes on if your cold but when its hot you just stay hot.

I always felt for those folks who worked at Owens Corning Fiberglass in Fairfax Ks. I used to have to go in the once a month to monitor elevations on fan motor bases and column pads supporting the ovens. It was always hot in there summer and winter Think glass blowers shop in branson or a blacksmith shop. We would have one location under the main oven we would have to get readings on 12 columns. It took about 10 minutes it was so hot your heart raced and you could feel every pump. It was actually hard to think straight and if you touch the steel on the column it would burn. They actually had a rule that work under the oven could only go for 10 minute interval then you had to come out and into an air conditioned hut on the outside. We would come out pouring sweat and shirt and jeans soaked hitting the ac actually made you feel worse as you got sluggish and cold shivers. It was double overtime so we volunteered but that was the worst.

Back during college, I worked summers at Johns Manville fiberglass insulation plant in McPherson, KS. It was 12hr shift work, which sucked. But the pay was incredible and I lived in my parent's basement at the time so I made tons of money for a college kid.

They would take glass balls about the size of a golf ball, and melt them in a giant oven and blow string sized threads of glass into a big 16 foot wide mat, which would then be cut into whichever insulation was being made. Every six months, we had to do what's called an oven cleanout. Where we had to get inside the ovens and scrape off the layer of baked insulation from the sides of the oven walls and ducts with a little pneumatic hand chisel. They couldn't completely shut down the entire oven, so it was still very hot. We had to get bundled up in what was basically a hazmat suit, and duct tape around our hands and feet, and wear a respirator and crawl inside this thing and chisel the walls. The worst was cleaning out the ducts that ran to the filtration units, because the ducts were about the dimensions of a coffin, and they'd shove you in and you'd be working with your arms out in front of you and you couldn't turn around. And they'd occasionally pull you out and make sure you were ok, and shove you back in by your feet. It was easily the most physically demanding thing I've ever done. They only let us stay inside for 15 minutes at a time, and you got out and stripped down and you were just drenched in sweat. They'd make you drink a specific amount of water before you could work again. It was hell.

Frazod 06-16-2018 01:54 PM

Working in the heat is one thing. Trying to sleep in it - that's a different animal.

When I was stationed at Great Lakes, the staff barracks I lived in didn't have air conditioning. The rooms had one window, and there was no way to get any air flow. It was miserably hot during the summer of '88, and at night, the temperature in that room would be in the 90s. I had a fan on either side of my bed, but like George said earlier it just seemed to make the hot air hotter. It was horrible. And I was young and thin then, too. The shit would kill me now.

A couple of nights it was so bad that I slept in the backseat of my car in the parking lot with the A/C running.

As for today, it is absolutely vile outside. Just went out to check the mail, which will pretty much be the extent of my outdoor activity today. **** I hate summer. 4321

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-16-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595371)

Yeah, this drought out here is the worst. I've been here since 1998. It's ****ing horrible!

Praying you get some rain Buehler.

Hoopsdoc 06-16-2018 02:13 PM

It’s 95 degrees here. Heat index of 108. I’m sweating like a whore in church.

sd4chiefs 06-16-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13595446)
I understand it is hot every where. We hit 100 this week. The humidity has been in the 90% area to go along with the temps.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/92130:4:US :p

srvy 06-16-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13595456)
Back during college, I worked summers at Johns Manville fiberglass insulation plant in McPherson, KS. It was 12hr shift work, which sucked. But the pay was incredible and I lived in my parent's basement at the time so I made tons of money for a college kid.

They would take glass balls about the size of a golf ball, and melt them in a giant oven and blow string sized threads of glass into a big 16 foot wide mat, which would then be cut into whichever insulation was being made. Every six months, we had to do what's called an oven cleanout. Where we had to get inside the ovens and scrape off the layer of baked insulation from the sides of the oven walls and ducts with a little pneumatic hand chisel. They couldn't completely shut down the entire oven, so it was still very hot. We had to get bundled up in what was basically a hazmat suit, and duct tape around our hands and feet, and wear a respirator and crawl inside this thing and chisel the walls. The worst was cleaning out the ducts that ran to the filtration units, because the ducts were about the dimensions of a coffin, and they'd shove you in and you'd be working with your arms out in front of you and you couldn't turn around. And they'd occasionally pull you out and make sure you were ok, and shove you back in by your feet. It was easily the most physically demanding thing I've ever done. They only let us stay inside for 15 minutes at a time, and you got out and stripped down and you were just drenched in sweat. They'd make you drink a specific amount of water before you could work again. It was hell.

Yikes sounds awful. The smell in those glass plants linger also plus at Owens Corning everything had the reddish die on it with glass strands stuck to it. You itched like hell till you got home and got a shower. Noise level was intolerable to. It screams where it shoots out those glass strands along with the constant cutter punch.

cooper barrett 06-16-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13595446)

In central IN (INDY) it's just now getting warm. 93 degrees Saturday and Sunday

Lots of rain this month but about 1/2 in May.
Grass is green, garden is coming on.

stevieray 06-16-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13595456)

:eek:

Naptown Chief 06-16-2018 02:33 PM

81° with a nice breeze the last several days here. I've been hanging out on the porch letting the pups have at it

Flying High D 06-16-2018 02:50 PM

Ever had a job you would rather have heat stroke then go to work?

Buehler445 06-16-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13595505)
Yeah, this drought out here is the worst. I've been here since 1998. It's ****ing horrible!

Praying you get some rain Buehler.

Thanks man.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 03:33 PM

I just walked 11 miles in that shit.

I literally shoved a wet towel into my anus just now.

Flying High D 06-16-2018 03:39 PM

^ Pics?

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 13595587)
^ Pics?

https://i.imgur.com/1FozZIq.gif

SAUTO 06-16-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13595598)

Wtf is that even?

big nasty kcnut 06-16-2018 04:02 PM

working outside as loader cart wrangler so i got out for a hourcome in cool off 20 mins and go out again.

srvy 06-16-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13595604)
working outside as loader cart wrangler so i got out for a hourcome in cool off 20 mins and go out again.

Keep hitting the water keg. Everyone enjoy ya a cone of water. Thats what I always told the crew. We kept a ice cold Gott cooler with those solo cone cup like a snow cone comes in.

HemiEd 06-16-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595371)

I feel for you friend. We have the same problem after the hail beat the crap out of the wheat.

But, since all the foreign countries have quit buying grain from us it will just sit in a pile until the cows need it for feed anyway. :cuss:

Oh and **** all the gluten free cucks.

TLO 06-16-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

What the duck..

srvy 06-16-2018 06:08 PM

I just finished front yard and at lease KC North is breezy and pleasant enough. We will wish for this in those dog days of August.

Pablo 06-16-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13595713)
I just finished front yard and at lease KC North is breezy and pleasant enough. We will wish for this in those dog days of August.

I was in and out of the house all day long. Doing a bathroom remodel and cutting paneling and trim and shit out front. It was brutal early this afternoon, but I was just sitting in my backyard with a cold beer and a nice breeze 30 minutes ago in NKC. Not too shabby at all. Now that I'm showered and prettied up I'll just sit inside the rest of the night though. Need to find the ambition to mow and weed eat tomorrow at some point so I'm guessing I'll get on that early in the morning.

BryanBusby 06-16-2018 06:38 PM

Came in sweating out a pool worth of sweat just from doing the yard work.

**** Summer

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 06:40 PM

It's currently 77 in my house.

The thermostat has been at 74 since before dawn.

**** my landlord.

Frazod 06-16-2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13595766)

**** my landlord.

You need to move.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13595793)
You need to move.

In March I'm getting my own place and it will have the best ****ing AC known to man.

BryanBusby 06-16-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

**** my landlord.

That is shit.

Flying High D 06-16-2018 07:15 PM

I wish it was hotter, all the better to Tamba’s armpits Juice.

Chief Roundup 06-16-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

**** my landlord.

Have you called to request a service?

farmerchief 06-16-2018 07:31 PM

62 degrees in my combine cab today, really pleasant!😎

alpha_omega 06-16-2018 07:43 PM

Yep, hot for sure.

Yard work all day.

Mow.....empty grass catcher, pour cool water over myself, repeat, repeat, repeat........

Naptown Chief 06-16-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

What in the actual **** is going on?

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13595815)
Have you called to request a service?

They replaced the old shitty AC last year with a brand new shitty AC.

This one works 15% better, but when it gets above 90 it just runs all day, keeping the house 3 degrees hotter than whatever I set the thermo at.

As soon as it happened again this year I called them out to come look at it. No clue what they did. Nothing apparently.

I bought a window unit to put in my office because their A/C is such garbage.

Flying High D 06-16-2018 08:07 PM

^ just normal everyday type stuff.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 13595817)
62 degrees in my combine cab today, really pleasant!😎

Your wheat worth a shit? I'd take some decent wheat off your hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13595848)
They replaced the old shitty AC last year with a brand new shitty AC.

This one works 15% better, but when it gets above 90 it just runs all day, keeping the house 3 degrees hotter than whatever I set the thermo at.

As soon as it happened again this year I called them out to come look at it. No clue what they did. Nothing apparently.

I bought a window unit to put in my office because their A/C is such garbage.

Set your thermostat at 60.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595920)

Set your thermostat at 60.

And rack up a $400 electric bill? ROFL

WhiteWhale 06-16-2018 09:35 PM

Meh.

I've been working long hours in extreme heat for most of my life.

Plus my refrigerator and A/C busted within a day of each other.

So it's about 86 in my house right now and I'm too busy on Monday to wait around for a repairman.

Lucky for me I routinely spent my youth sleeping in a room that was anywhere from 85-95 degrees all summer long.

So I can deal with it for another few days.

WhiteWhale 06-16-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13595933)

It's running 24/7 anyway if it's not able to keep up.

I mean setting it on 60 won't make the air that comes out of the vents colder.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13595946)

I know that. He just said it was 3 degrees hotter than the thermostat. I had to flip him some shit.

BryanBusby 06-16-2018 09:38 PM

My A/C is fairly recent, butnis clearly undersized for this house and it was placed in a stupid location.

Ended up getting a portable A/C to help compensate during the day and its made a heck of a difference.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13595933)

Honestly, I'd do it. I work outside all the ****ing time and I HATE coming inside where there is no air movement and sweating my ****ing tits off. I'll pay that bill every day of the week. Especially if you can afford 1500 rent.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13595946)

It's not in the morning when it's cooler, or when it finally cools off at night.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13595949)
My A/C is fairly recent, butnis clearly undersized for this house and it was placed in a stupid location.

Ended up getting a portable A/C to help compensate during the day and its made a heck of a difference.

Whoever made the decision on the replacement A/C is a ****ing cheap bastard.

If they try to **** me on move out on ANYTHING in the spring I'm lawyering up.

BryanBusby 06-16-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13595955)
Whoever made the decision on the replacement A/C is a ****ing cheap bastard.

If they try to **** me on move out on ANYTHING in the spring I'm lawyering up.

Yeah they went cheap as **** and I'm sure that's what the people that had this house before me did too.

Whenever you move out, video record an entire walk through of the place and honestly I'd demand a leasing agent walk with me.

It helped make sure I got my entire deposit back from my old apartment, because they absolutely tried to **** me.