ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Crying kids at restaurants (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315557)

tooge 05-27-2018 08:28 AM

Crying kids at restaurants

I’m sitting here at Big Bisquit trying to enjoy a nice breakfast. I’m solo this am as the family slept in. So, I though a nice, peaceful breakfast out would be a great way to start the day.

Unfortunately, this family with 5 kids in the 1 to 7 age range is seated right next to me. The 3ish year old boy starts bitching and crying. Mom, who obviously hasn’t ever heard of birth control, seems to think it’s cute. It’s a good thing I’m hungry, because I’d like to jam my biscuit in the little rat bastards mouth. Meanwhile, the next older brother is coughing non stop and sounds like he has whooping cough.

Now, my peaceful breakfast sucks, I may need antibiotics, and my blood pressure is up.

Take your sick and crying kids outside people. ****ing idiots.

And no, I can’t choke them out.
Flame away

Buehler445 05-27-2018 08:32 AM

Just choke them out.

tooge 05-27-2018 08:33 AM

Yay, now whooping cough is crying too.

The Franchise 05-27-2018 08:34 AM

People with kids shouldn’t take them anywhere. Got it.

threebag 05-27-2018 08:35 AM

You should have just hit a Hardee's drive thru, grabbed a pork chop biscuit.

Then went home and woke the wife up with a stiff poker

SAUTO 05-27-2018 08:35 AM

Kids cry. Who cares.

SAUTO 05-27-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13571121)
You should have just hit a Hardee's drive thru, grabbed a pork chop biscuit.

Then went home and woke the wife up with a stiff poker

Im literally sitting in a hardees drive through right now waiting on my pork chop and gravy biscuit.

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 08:37 AM

Kids cry sometimes. What are the parents supposed to do just never go anywhere? If you wanted a peaceful breakfast, you should have made it yourself and ate at home.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2018 08:39 AM

Well, at least it isn't the saddest thread he's made.

threebag 05-27-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13571123)
Im literally sitting in a hardees drive through right now waiting on my pork chop and gravy biscuit.

You know what to do next, hurry home :thumb:

Munson 05-27-2018 08:42 AM

Should've given those kids a good ol' fashioned whooping.

SAUTO 05-27-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13571130)
You know what to do next, hurry home :thumb:

I did that before I left.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 08:45 AM

Tell 'em to stop crossing the border and go back to Overland Park because they obviously aren't the good border crossers

tooge 05-27-2018 08:48 AM

I took crying kids outside when they were little. You know, respect for others and all. And the crying wasn’t as bad as the sick coughing kid.

tooge 05-27-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13571125)

Lol. Like your good threads are? Quit breathing my air

Bufkin 05-27-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571124)
Kids cry sometimes. What are the parents supposed to do just never go anywhere? If you wanted a peaceful breakfast, you should have made it yourself and ate at home.

Absolutely. When you have multiple kids in a short time frame, you revoke your public entertainment card for at least a few years. Don’t ruin other people’s enjoyment because you think it’s permissible to introduce your shitstain children to the entire world.

tooge 05-27-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13571125)

And yet, you clicked on it. I’d suggest you don’t read anything else I post.

KCUnited 05-27-2018 08:54 AM

I'll raise you shouting millennials with no self awareness squatting at brunch spots.

Flying High D 05-27-2018 08:55 AM

Should of made the dad cry.

tooge 05-27-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 13571144)
Absolutely. When you have multiple kids in a short time frame, you revoke your public entertainment card for at least a few years. Don’t ruin other people’s enjoyment because you think it’s permissible to introduce your shitstain children to the entire world.

You guys are missing my point. I think it is great that people take their kids out in public to restaurants and movies and other venues. I just think it would be considerate of others if when their kids are missed behaving that they would take them outside for a few minutes until they stop that is all

threebag 05-27-2018 08:57 AM

Who goes out on a Sunday morning for a quiet breakfast? Come' on, man

Should have just stayed home and tried to choke out your mattress snake

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 13571144)

Yet another post proving you’re a dumb ****.

Everyone on CP is aware of your stupidity. There’s no reason to continue reminding us.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13571158)
Who goes out on a Sunday morning for a quiet breakfast? Come' on, man

Should have just stayed home and tried to choke out your mattress snake

Especially Big Seabiscuit

New World Order 05-27-2018 08:59 AM

With kids it's not so much the kid but the parent. Kids are going to cry, act-up, and do stupid things. But it's the parents that never discipline the kid when they do these things that get on my nerves.

Last flight I took this kid kept making the most god awful screaming noise and the mom kept trying to make him laugh. Never once did she correct him.

The Franchise 05-27-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571156)
You guys are missing my point. I think it is great that people take their kids out in public to restaurants and movies and other venues. I just think it would be considerate of others if when their kids are missed behaving that they would take them outside for a few minutes until they stop that is all

I always hate when my kids are missed behaving.

SAUTO 05-27-2018 09:07 AM

Swing and a missed behaving.

patteeu 05-27-2018 09:12 AM

If you go to a more upscale place, you won't have this problem as much. Instead, you chose a cheap, family-friendly place.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-27-2018 09:15 AM

cook your own food, idiot.

patteeu 05-27-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571156)

That's probably fair. Some people are super sensitive to any commotion by other people's kids. Some families are super insensitive no matter how great the commotion their own kids cause.

srvy 05-27-2018 09:18 AM

I like a breakfast spot with counter seating. If your alone its the best option because families never set up to a counter.

Eleazar 05-27-2018 09:20 AM

I get that kids are going to cry and misbehave sometimes, and sometimes the parents can't control them no matter what they do. Everyone knows that. It only really becomes annoying when the parents don't even attempt to control them, or they have taken them to obviously kid-inappropriate situations and are surprised when they act up.

srvy 05-27-2018 09:20 AM

I also understand a Mother alone with 5 kids cant leave the other young ones alone to take one outside with a tantrum.

displacedinMN 05-27-2018 09:31 AM

The first thing parents should learn is discipline.

The first thing parents don't learn is discipline.

Yes, kids cry. But know how to handle it so that other are annoyed.

threebag 05-27-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13571188)
I also understand a Mother alone with 5 kids cant leave the other young ones alone to take one outside with a tantrum.

Hell, pick up her tab... At least you know she ****s

carcosa 05-27-2018 09:43 AM

Deal with it bitch

WhiteWhale 05-27-2018 09:46 AM

Reading this thread makes it very clear to me why so many kids are and will grow up to be huge assholes.

"Kids act like assholes, what can you do?"

Be a parent.

tooge 05-27-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13571171)
Swing and a missed behaving.

Lol. From my phone

srvy 05-27-2018 09:55 AM

Have any of you encountered this phenomenon big baby in the basket? Family takes the obese 6 to 7 year old gets two baskets one for the kid one for the groceries. Mom pushes one dad the other the kid is fat and needs the exorcise. The parents make sure the carts make it impossible for others to pass. The kid is always grabbing stuff as he passes where as parents takes it away and places on shelf not where it was found. Whats even worse is the basket the looks like a truck with seats for kids. Those things are impossible to navigate isles.

tooge 05-27-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13571188)

Or she could’ve let dad do it

srvy 05-27-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571214)
Or she could’ve let dad do it

Oh I dont know why I assumed Dad wasnt there.

ChiTown 05-27-2018 09:58 AM

If our kids ever got like that, we took them outside. We told them this was their last chance. If they did it again, we just left. We had VERY specific and stringent expectations when our kids were inside of restaurants, stores, theatres, etc. They had to be on their best behavior. Generally speaking, we rarely, if ever, had any issues. If you set proper expectations with your kids and enforce the rules, amazingly enough, they will get followed.

IMO, when shit like this happens, it’s usually just a case of shoddy, lazy parenting.

tooge 05-27-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13571179)
cook your own food, idiot.

Ok Idiot. Just to be clear, I’ve probably eaten breakfast out three or four times on the past year. I almost always cook at home. That’s why this was such a bummer.

tooge 05-27-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13571216)
If our kids ever got like that, we took them outside. We told them this was their last chance. If they did it again, we just left. We had VERY specific and stringent expectations when our kids were inside of restaurants, stores, theatres, etc. They had to be on their best behavior. Generally speaking, we rarely, if ever, had any issues. If you set proper expectations with your kids and enforce the rules, amazingly enough, they will get followed.

IMO, when shit like this happens, it’s usually just a case of shoddy, lazy parenting.

Thank you, bravo! That’s what we did. We told them there is a way to act at restaurants. If they wanted to go, then they knew how to act. Also, I get that little whooping cough boy can’t help that he’s sick. What dumbass parent takes that kid to a restaurant though?

hometeam 05-27-2018 10:03 AM

suck it up

Bearcat 05-27-2018 10:08 AM

Between all the idiot parents and idiot pet owners who don't respect the fact that other people might not want to listen to your crying kid or barking dogs, it's a small miracle when you can leave your house (even if it's just to sit outside next to your house) and have some goddamned peace and quiet.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

I do this and my wife hates it.

CapsLockKey 05-27-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

This. The kids acting up and being loud in public doesn't irritate me nearly as much as watching parents sitting there not do anything about it. My boys are teenagers now, but when they were little they knew how they were supposed to act before we left the house and rarely had a problem. If there was one we'd take them outside. I recall getting compliments from random strangers on our boys and I try and do that now when I recognize good parenting because it meant a lot to me at the time.

sd4chiefs 05-27-2018 10:33 AM

The first couple of years that I was married my Wife would start talking about having kids so I would take her to the local family restaurant with all the crying kids. She would look around in horror and tell me that she wanted to put having kids for a while. It was hard to keep from laughing.

ThaVirus 05-27-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13571232)

Why's that?

TribalElder 05-27-2018 10:46 AM

Didn’t one of the clay day threads cover the big biscuit

Seems like we were warned that the big biscuit was not great LMAO

Mephistopheles Janx 05-27-2018 10:57 AM

100% with OP.

I understand kids are gonna cry, scream, act up. I become furious when the "parent" does absolutely nothing, or does the opposite and encourages, their bad behavior in public. I understand that kids can be shitheads and even if you are trying to correct their behavior it can sometimes amplify their screaming and tantrums... but at least they are doing something about it as opposed to allowing their crotchfruit shit on my day.

Rain Man 05-27-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13571232)

Does she cry and throw a tantrum?

Frazod 05-27-2018 11:00 AM

You can definitely tell who has kids and who doesn't by reading this thread. :D

I'm 52 and never had kids. My tolerance level for them acting up in public is about zero. Especially if their ****ing parents just sit there and do nothing while their rotten spawn just keep ranting and raving. I remember what my parents did if I started acting up in public - I got my ass beat. Hell, one time I was running around goofing off in the grocery store and some lady I didn't even know swatted my ass, hard, then grabbed me and took me to my mother and told her what I did. Mom was horrified - not because some stranger had hit her kid, but rather because I had embarrassed her. She thanked the lady and apologized to her, then beat my ass again on the spot, and also after we got home - so I basically got three beatings for one bad incident. I can't even remember what I did, but I'm damn sure I never did it again.

HemiEd 05-27-2018 11:08 AM

Cook your own breakfast at home, problem solved. I do it every morning, no waiting, no noise and I know exactly what I am eating.

Rain Man 05-27-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13571271)
Cook your own breakfast at home, problem solved. I do it every morning, no waiting, no noise and I know exactly what I am eating.

I never know what to tip in that situation.

vailpass 05-27-2018 11:14 AM

A place called Big Bisqit has crying kids? Be glad there aren’t farm animals giving birth.
Kids cry. You did when you were one. Lighten up.

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 11:14 AM

Tooge is complaining about a three year old. It’s a little harder to reason with a three year old than it is a 5 year old or 7 year old. If you pull a three year old out of the restaurant and explain to him/her that their behavior will not be tolerated they probably aren’t going to fully understand. They will act better for awhile when you go back in, but as soon as something else grabs their attention they will probably forget and act up again.

Frazod, while I understand your sentiment being raised by a strict disciplinarian myself, I would be ****ing furious if a total stranger spanked my kid.

Frazod 05-27-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571278)
Tooge is complaining about a three year old. It’s a little harder to reason with a three year old than it is a 5 year old or 7 year old. If you pull a three year old out of the restaurant and explain to him/her that their behavior will not be tolerated they probably aren’t going to fully understand. They will act better for awhile when you go back in, but as soon as something else grabs their attention they will probably forget and act up again.

Frazod, while I understand your sentiment being raised by a strict disciplinarian myself, I would be ****ing furious if a total stranger spanked my kid.

Well, this would have happened around 1970. It was clearly a different time.

Bearcat 05-27-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13571285)

These days the story would have gone viral... the stranger would have been painted as a terrorist, with mom describing "a truly terrifying situation"... the country would split into #TeamMom and #TeamStranger and it's the only thing you'd hear about until the next shiny story came along.

threebag 05-27-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13571285)

Damn, Krusty... You're almost as old as Milkdud

srvy 05-27-2018 11:27 AM

I always enjoy a breakfast out with a little child abuse at the next table. Doing something about it involve a little smacking around? As lonewolf said not much doing about it with a 1 to 3 yo they wont understand. Its a pretty big expense to walk out with a family of 5 to 7. You take your kids so the learn to eat out and cross your fingers they dont erupt into monsters.

I have seen so many times at Mass parents taking a young child with a tantrum out in the lobby only to bring back and it start right back up. Our Church has 2 quiet rooms with windows and the sermon piped in through speakers usually unused. I just wonder what this do something is? I think every parent would like to have that magic.

Frazod 05-27-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13571289)
Damn, Krusty... You're almost as old as Milkdud

Yep. It sucks, but beats the alternative. :D

Frazod 05-27-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13571287)
These days the story would have gone viral... the stranger would have been painted as a terrorist, with mom describing "a truly terrifying situation"... the country would split into #TeamMom and #TeamStranger and it's the only thing you'd hear about until the next shiny story came along.

LMAO

Sad but true.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13571251)
Why's that?

She hates having to put life on hold because our daughter wants to act like an asshole. I get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13571264)
Does she cry and throw a tantrum?

She can sometimes.

Bearcat 05-27-2018 11:36 AM

I've been out with my sister and ~3 year old niece when my niece was in a particularly bad mood.... my sister would take her outside or to the restroom, sometimes multiple times before my niece would quit making a scene.

In other words, she'd do what parents should, and at least make some kind of effort, instead of thinking it was cute, as described in the OP. And if your kids are consistently creating scenes in a situation like that, get it to go or figure out something... you know, be responsible for your own kids.

srvy 05-27-2018 11:38 AM

The old my kids were always angels but others no so much.

threebag 05-27-2018 11:45 AM

I have been lucky... I can snap my fingers or use "the Stare" those always do the trick. If they fail we leave from wherever we are, go straight home and whoop ass

Hammock Parties 05-27-2018 11:54 AM

Big Biscuit? LMAO

When you go to second-rate establishments, expect second-rate experience.

ChiliConCarnage 05-27-2018 11:55 AM

What did you have? Was it good?

Little kids always suck if they aren't yours.. at least in public situations.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-27-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13571229)
Between all the idiot parents and idiot pet owners who don't respect the fact that other people might not want to listen to your crying kid or barking dogs, it's a small miracle when you can leave your house (even if it's just to sit outside next to your house) and have some goddamned peace and quiet.

Dogs in public places are out of control.

patteeu 05-27-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13571277)
A place called Big Bisqit has crying kids? Be glad there aren’t farm animals giving birth.

LMAO

lewdog 05-27-2018 12:15 PM

You know what’s worse than loud kids?

Crotchety, old men eating alone at restaurants. Really pretty disturbing.

LoneWolf 05-27-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13571296)
I've been out with my sister and ~3 year old niece when my niece was in a particularly bad mood.... my sister would take her outside or to the restroom, sometimes multiple times before my niece would quit making a scene.

In other words, she'd do what parents should, and at least make some kind of effort, instead of thinking it was cute, as described in the OP. And if your kids are consistently creating scenes in a situation like that, get it to go or figure out something... you know, be responsible for your own kids.

Would your sister have left the table to discipline a child and leave 4 other children under the age of 7 at the table alone?

TLO 05-27-2018 12:19 PM

This thread is going well

KCUnited 05-27-2018 12:29 PM

If you're by yourself with 5 kids, you hit the drive-thru. No one anywhere wants anything to do with that mess.

But yeah, bars, breweries, and ethnic places Tristan and Dakota feel is too unsafe for their kids and labradoodle is a safe choice for kid-free meals. High-end just means bigger strollers to have to navigate through here.

Bearcat 05-27-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571328)
Would your sister have left the table to discipline a child and leave 4 other children under the age of 7 at the table alone?

It's funny how people are telling tooge to stay home and make breakfast and how he had other choices, yet a parent doesn't need to think twice about whether they can control their litter of kids so they don't disrupt an entire restaurant.

I doubt my sister would put herself in that situation... she'd keep the craziness at home or get takeout... and if for some reason she was forced into taking a bunch of kids to a restaurant alone, she'd probably do what she could instead of ignoring it and thinking it was cute.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 12:34 PM

Ultimately restaurants are a public place and the general public sucks. Suck it up or stay home.

vailpass 05-27-2018 12:43 PM

A couple or three Bloody Marys would have fixed tooge’s problem.

Msmith 05-27-2018 12:45 PM

We were blessed with four kids who behaved well in their young age. One time when we ate at McDonald, the town police chief sitting next to our table commented how well our kids behaved.

My wife always carried some crayons and coloring books in her purse. She provided the kids in drawing while we waited for the meals. Some restaurants provided those stuff as well.

Ultimately, kids who get rowdy at public places often get rowdy at home. It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

srvy 05-27-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13571361)
A couple or three Bloody Marys would have fixed tooge’s problem.

:D