ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Wichita St 2017-18 Shocker basketball thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312208)

HemiEd 12-09-2017 05:54 PM

2017-18 Shocker basketball thread.

I am shocked we don't have one already.

May be their best team ever and they have had some great teams.

Ranked number 6 and beat a 7-1 OSU on their court today by 10.

Shockers are now 8-1 with their only loss to ND in the Maui final on a impossible last second come back by the Irish.

Discuss :D

threebag 12-09-2017 06:16 PM

I look for them to climb to #3 Monday

Hell of a team this year for sure

Buehler445 12-09-2017 08:50 PM

Morris might actually kill a fool this year. I’m glad they got out of the valley.

KChiefs1 12-09-2017 09:39 PM

Marshall is worth every penny.

HemiEd 12-10-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13271876)
Morris might actually kill a fool this year. I’m glad they got out of the valley.

He is a man among boys pretty often. Yeah me too, this is going to be a fun ride. Been kicking some Big12 tail on the road!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13271923)
Marshall is worth every penny.

For sure, the absolute perfect coach for the Shockers. Been a long time coming since the Smithson days.

journeyscarab 12-10-2017 10:41 AM

Thanks for starting this thread! Very happy with the team so far. Glad we moved to AAC and I love that we have 2 Big 12 scalps on the wall this season! Looking to grab OU next. GO SHOX!

HemiEd 12-10-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13272363)
Thanks for starting this thread! Very happy with the team so far. Glad we moved to AAC and I love that we have 2 Big 12 scalps on the wall this season! Looking to grab OU next. GO SHOX!

Did you hear them giving Bill Self (love the Jayhawks also) some crap about not playing the Shockers yesterday? :D

The AAC was a great move and has a great record against the top 25 so far this year.

journeyscarab 12-10-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13272366)
Did you hear them giving Bill Self (love the Jayhawks also) some crap about not playing the Shockers yesterday? :D

The AAC was a great move and has a great record against the top 25 so far this year.

Yeah that was a nice poke at Self. ROFL It triggered some discussion here at the house because my oldest daughter is a KU fan but she's not the typical cocky KU so thats nice. She likes the Shockers as well and agreed KU should do some type of regular non-conference meeting.

Nirvana58 12-11-2017 11:37 AM

I was actually going to make this thread a week ago but hadn't gotten around to it. WSU has a team that should make the Elite 8/Final 4 this year. Anything else would be a disappointment in my eyes.

After 2 good wins over Baylor and OSU. (Destroying the Big 12 :D) WSU should be ranked in the top 5 today. I am guessing they will be rank 3rd and leap frog over the Jayhawks.

HemiEd 12-11-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 13276376)
I was actually going to make this thread a week ago but hadn't gotten around to it. WSU has a team that should make the Elite 8/Final 4 this year. Anything else would be a disappointment in my eyes.

After 2 good wins over Baylor and OSU. (Destroying the Big 12 :D) WSU should be ranked in the top 5 today. I am guessing they will be rank 3rd and leap frog over the Jayhawks.

Yeah, I was thinking about making it for a while also, but wanted to do a search first, just in case I had missed it.

They should leapfrog them, didn't KU lose it's second game in a row to a PAC-12 team yesterday? That just isn't right.

My guess is they have a bunch of "one and dones" that haven't come together yet, but I haven't paid much attention.

Sure enjoying the Shocks games being on the tube here in the Ozarks.

Nirvana58 12-11-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13276433)
Yeah, I was thinking about making it for a while also, but wanted to do a search first, just in case I had missed it.

They should leapfrog them, didn't KU lose it's second game in a row to a PAC-12 team yesterday? That just isn't right.

My guess is they have a bunch of "one and dones" that haven't come together yet, but I haven't paid much attention.

Sure enjoying the Shocks games being on the tube here in the Ozarks.

Rankings are in. Wichita State #3 in the country. Jayhawks are #13 in the AP poll. ROFL

Kansas lost to a very good ASU team. However, the lost to Washington was a really bad loss. They only have 7 scholarship players right now and could be a good team by the end of the year.

They were just ranked way to high because of the name on their jersey.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Also I love the move to the AAC. So amazing to be able to watch Wichita State and their entire conference on National Channels. The exposure is going to do us wonders in recruiting.

lawrenceRaider 12-11-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 13276512)
Rankings are in. Wichita State #3 in the country. Jayhawks are #13 in the AP poll. ROFL

Kansas lost to a very good ASU team. However, the lost to Washington was a really bad loss. They only have 7 scholarship players right now and could be a good team by the end of the year.

Also I love the move to the AAC. So amazing to be able to watch Wichita State and their entire conference on National Channels. The exposure is going to do us wonders in recruiting.

Move to the AAC was a long time coming. WSU was losing out playing in the weak MVC. You'll keep getting better and better recruits playing in the AAC, and Gregg is the perfect coach for WSU.

As far as this being the best WSU team, I don't think it's there, but man are they a lot of fun to watch play. Though it is amazing how much better they are with Frankamp on the bench. Even when Connor is hitting shots, he's giving them up on the opposite end.

I do have one minor gripe. I love everything else about his game, but man is Shamet a flopper. Great defender, good scorer, and good field general, but man, I just can't stomach floppers. I know it's part of the game and if the refs are going to reward him for doing it, he should keep doing it. Still leaves a bad impression for me.

journeyscarab 12-11-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13276544)
Move to the AAC was a long time coming. WSU was losing out playing in the weak MVC. You'll keep getting better and better recruits playing in the AAC, and Gregg is the perfect coach for WSU.

As far as this being the best WSU team, I don't think it's there, but man are they a lot of fun to watch play. Though it is amazing how much better they are with Frankamp on the bench. Even when Connor is hitting shots, he's giving them up on the opposite end.

I do have one minor gripe. I love everything else about his game, but man is Shamet a flopper. Great defender, good scorer, and good field general, but man, I just can't stomach floppers. I know it's part of the game and if the refs are going to reward him for doing it, he should keep doing it. Still leaves a bad impression for me.

Yeah I am not crazy about flopping myself. That kind of behavior hasn't been a regular activity of our program and I kind of hope Gregg stops it. I still haven't bought into Frankamp either. He seems streaky and he's not covering the defense on the other end as you pointed out.

I think this is an exciting season and they are getting better each game.

Nirvana58 12-11-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13276544)

Connor works his butt off on the defensive end. He is just overmatched when playing very athletic teams. I think he can play adequate D and help the team as long as he is really aggressive on offensive. If he is playing passive or having an off shooting night he needs to be on the bench.

Shamet is an amazing player. I really really hate the flopping also. I just don't like basketball being played that way. But it is how the game is played now so use what you can.

However, Shamet needs to stop with all the turnovers this year. He had an amazing assist/turnover ratio last year but I think he is just pushing it to much. Some really bad passes lately that we just don't need. They actually moved Connor to point guard last game and we played a lot better after that.

Now the best part. This month we get back statistically our best player back from last year. McDuffie is a hell of an offensive and defensive threat. Plus that should end up putting Brown on the bench who is a complete offensive liability at this point.

Can't wait to see how good we can be once McDuffie is back in the starting line up. This could be a really special season.

Nirvana58 12-15-2017 09:30 PM

Wichita state with a huge game against Oklahoma tomorrow at 3. Should be a battle.

Buehler445 12-15-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 13276512)

ASU wasn't that good. They were OK, but they weren't a team KU should be losing to. Especially a top 5 KU team.

HemiEd 12-16-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 13286442)
Wichita state with a huge game against Oklahoma tomorrow at 3. Should be a battle.

Looking forward to it, a tune up before the Chiefs game. :D

HemiEd 12-23-2017 07:26 AM

This team is going to give Greg Marshall a heart attack if they don't quit getting behind and play some defense early.

That was a good Florida Gulf Coast team but darn, it was a nail biter for quite a while.

Buehler445 12-23-2017 07:45 AM

I missed it in the broadcast. What did Morris do to get the T?

HemiEd 12-23-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13303100)
I missed it in the broadcast. What did Morris do to get the T?

Sorry, guess I missed that as well. I wasn't watching it real time, about 45 minutes behind so I could ffwd through commercials.

Must have gone right by it.
He wasn't feeling good and wasn't having his best game. In fact, I don't think he even started.

Chiefspants 12-23-2017 01:31 PM

Good luck solidifying that D with Conner in the lineup. I'm not quite sure why this is so mystifying for Marshall at this point.

HemiEd 01-05-2018 07:57 AM

Great start for the Shocks in their new conference, winning on the road at UConn and then beating a 12-2 Houston team last night 81-63.

Prison Bitch 01-05-2018 08:06 AM

Did I hear them say last night they're trying to call their place the "shock shack"?

That's really, and I mean really, gay

HemiEd 01-05-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13331991)
Did I hear them say last night they're trying to call their place the "shock shack"?

That's really, and I mean really, gay

I didn't hear that as I watch most games with the audio turned off. :D

That wouldn't be my choice for names, prefer the old name that has been around for as long as I have followed the team. "The Round House."

lcarus 01-05-2018 09:35 AM

I always root for Wichita St second after Kansas. Kansas sucks a little bit of dick this year so at least they're doing well

HemiEd 01-05-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13332106)
I always root for Wichita St second after Kansas. Kansas sucks a little bit of dick this year so at least they're doing well

I am with you as I root for all Kansas teams, Shocks first, then KU and KSU.

I have only watched one KU game this year, do they have a bunch of "one and dones" that aren't playing as a team?

Shockers are loaded with seniors and I hope like heck that Landry Shamet sticks around and doesn't jump to the NBA.

redfan 01-05-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13332137)

I have only watched one KU game this year, do they have a bunch of "one and dones" that aren't playing as a team?

Shockers are loaded with seniors and I hope like heck that Landry Shamet sticks around and doesn't jump to the NBA.

Loved watching that kid last year in the tourney, here's to another nice run!

Nirvana58 01-05-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

I can hope like crazy that Shamet will stay but I think he is 95% gone after this year. He is just too good of a player and will have to many NBA scouts in his ear.

I do think because of the injury that McDuffie is 50/50. It really depends how well we show up in March. If we have a dominating run to the Final Four with Shamet and McDuffie leading the charge. We will most likely lose both of them.

HemiEd 01-05-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 13332397)
I can hope like crazy that Shamet will stay but I think he is 95% gone after this year. He is just too good of a player and will have to many NBA scouts in his ear.

I do think because of the injury that McDuffie is 50/50. It really depends how well we show up in March. If we have a dominating run to the Final Four with Shamet and McDuffie leading the charge. We will most likely lose both of them.

I agree with you on Shamet, he was unstoppable again last night.

To me, McDuffie just seems to be trying too hard and hasn't got his game back after the injury.

Fortunately, the bench is loaded and I guess one heck of a recruiting class coming in.

Buehler445 01-05-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

No they have a bunch of guys that suck that don't play any defense.

Graham is legit though.

HemiEd 01-13-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13332840)
No they have a bunch of guys that suck that don't play any defense.

Graham is legit though.

Guess they escaped the Wildcats today, sorry I missed it.

Speaking of escapes, after the Shockers demolishing two opponents this week, Tulsa gave the Shocks a good game tonight, 72-69.

I was really looking forward to this Tulsa game, they are an old rival. We hated Tulsa when I was attending WSU.

lawrenceRaider 01-18-2018 08:40 AM

Oops, no escaping the Mustangs, in your house. I'm fairly shocked by this.

HemiEd 01-18-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13368064)
Oops, no escaping the Mustangs, in your house. I'm fairly shocked by this.

Yeah, it was Shocking and hard to watch at times. SMU's Shake Milton was in a zone, could not miss. He put on a clinic.

He was the preseason selection for player of the year or something like that and he showed the country why.

It could actually be a good thing for the Shockers in the long run .

lawrenceRaider 01-18-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13368139)
Yeah, it was Shocking and hard to watch at times. SMU's Shake Milton was in a zone, could not miss. He put on a clinic.

He was the preseason selection for player of the year or something like that and he showed the country why.

It could actually be a good thing for the Shockers in the long run

I'm hoping this is the case. Too many years just cruising through the MVC never really left WSU battle tested for the Tourney.

journeyscarab 01-18-2018 01:17 PM

I fully expected this to be a bit of a transition season. We wanted a more challenging conference that would better prepare us for March. I never expected us to plow through the AAC undefeated or without a few losses. 3G will get a game plan together and the guys will learn and rise to the challenge.

Onward! GO SHOX!

big nasty kcnut 01-18-2018 03:55 PM

going to see them play saturday here in houston!

HemiEd 01-18-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13368430)
I fully expected this to be a bit of a transition season. We wanted a more challenging conference that would better prepare us for March. I never expected us to plow through the AAC undefeated or without a few losses. 3G will get a game plan together and the guys will learn and rise to the challenge.

Onward! GO SHOX!

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13368614)

Wu Shock!!!

Chiefspants 01-20-2018 02:10 PM

Am I wrong when I say that this is a much better team without Conner in the lineup?

lawrenceRaider 01-20-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13371906)
Am I wrong when I say that this is a much better team without Conner in the lineup?

That's what I see as well.

farmerchief 01-20-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13371906)

If he's not scoring, which he wasn't early, he should be on the bench. Other teams target him in their offense, he's kind of poor on D, always has been,
Unfortunately

TEX 01-20-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13368614)

Coogs played well. It was pay back time!

Just one game and UH needed it. Lots of season left. Hopefully they can keep it up. Shockers wil be there throughout.

HemiEd 01-28-2018 08:52 PM

Great game tonight by Reaves, holy crap that was fun to watch. 7 for 7 on threes in the first half with 23 points. Totally made up for the slump that Shamet and Frankamp are in,. Morris was money.

They were behind quite a bit, but ended up winning 90-71

Oh, and Conner Frankamp lost his 3 point streak after 40 some games, he got benched mid second half.

journeyscarab 01-29-2018 10:29 AM

Glad to see them back on the winning track. Hopefully Shamet and Conners slump blows over soon.

Nirvana58 01-29-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13386660)
Glad to see them back on the winning track. Hopefully Shamet and Conners slump blows over soon.

Shamet needs to start driving to the basket again. He got lazy because he was making over 50% of his threes and started just sitting on the perimeter.

We really need Shamet and McDuffie to go back to their roots. Slashers that can dish and shoot the rock. Don't know if it because of their injuries or not. If Shamet and McDuffie start to drive to the hoop again this is a Final Four team. If we continue on our current path then we are a Sweet 16 team at best.

Also I love Frankamp. However, I have never seen a guy more into his head than him. How can such a great shooter go into these drastic slumps is mind boggling. His defense is actually pretty good for his size and athleticism. He is very smart with the ball. He is just jackal and hyde with his scoring ability.

Last point. I love Reaves farm tuff defense. Kid looks like he could get knocked over with a gust of wind but man does he play some good defence.

lawrenceRaider 02-02-2018 08:48 AM

Shocking outcome @ Temple.

journeyscarab 02-02-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13396171)
Shocking outcome @ Temple.

To say the least. I am leaning on the side that we are having growing pains of playing in a more competitive league. This is what everyone wanted, now we have to not panic but make adjustments accordingly. It doesn't feel like Marshall is making adjustments like he used to when things got tough.

Sitting on timeouts when your competition is on a run is foolish and something our competition doesn't hesitate to do to us.

I expected this season to be a learning curve on several fronts and that is coming to fruition.

This season is like March Madness every game since we haven't played a large majority of these teams outside of Tulsa, so there are some learnings we need to get under our belts. But now that we are running through the second half we should have plenty of film on each of the teams.

I'd rather we struggle now in a more competitive league than continue to struggle with the tourney committee to respect us in a less competitive league like the MVC with one at large bid.

GO SHOX!

BWillie 02-02-2018 09:49 AM

This is what happens shockers fans, when you play in an actual conference. Can't go 40-0.

journeyscarab 02-02-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13396257)
This is what happens shockers fans, when you play in an actual conference. Can't go 40-0.

Yep.

Nirvana58 02-02-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13396237)
To say the least. I am leaning on the side that we are having growing pains of playing in a more competitive league. This is what everyone wanted, now we have to not panic but make adjustments accordingly. It doesn't feel like Marshall is making adjustments like he used to when things got tough.

Sitting on timeouts when your competition is on a run is foolish and something our competition doesn't hesitate to do to us.

I expected this season to be a learning curve on several fronts and that is coming to fruition.

This season is like March Madness every game since we haven't played a large majority of these teams outside of Tulsa, so there are some learnings we need to get under our belts. But now that we are running through the second half we should have plenty of film on each of the teams.

I'd rather we struggle now in a more competitive league than continue to struggle with the tourney committee to respect us in a less competitive league like the MVC with one at large bid.

GO SHOX!

I love Marshall and everything he has done for our program. However, I personally believe his stubbornness is our main issue right now.

Take a timeout when the other team goes on a run. Settle down your players and maybe setup a play. This is basketball 101. I don't know why this is such an issue.

Also teams are killing us with their 4 guard 1 big man lineup. We have the players to match up. A line up of Shamet, Connor, Reaves, McDuffie, and Shaq would be a killer matchup on Offense and would definitely open up some driving lanes. Plus the only weakness on defense is Connor. (Put him on the other teams smallest player. He is actually very good at staying in front of whoever he is guarding. He just can't handle the size of taller players when they get down low)

I love Kelly but playing him 33 minutes when he gives you 0 points and 8 rebounds on 0/4 shooting is not a good idea. Plus he isn't really a lock down defender. Our 4's are getting abused by smaller quicker players who light us up from the 3 every game.

Which brings us back to Marshall. You have to make some adjustments. This isn't the Valley anymore where you can be stubborn and get away with it on just being more talented than every other team.

Just to finish my rant. The play where I knew we were going to lose this game. We were either tied or up by 2 late in the game. We come out of a TV timeout. We run a set play for Brick Brown to shoot a 3. You have Reaves, Shamet, and Connor who are all great 3 point shooters and you run a set play for a 20% 3 point shooter. :cuss:

lawrenceRaider 02-02-2018 10:08 AM

Connor is a massive defensive liability. I cringe each time I see him hit a shot as I know the opposition is just going to come back and score on him at the other end. Team looks much, much better when Connor is on the bench.

Chiefspants 02-02-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13396295)
Connor is a massive defensive liability. I cringe each time I see him hit a shot as I know the opposition is just going to come back and score on him at the other end. Team looks much, much better when Connor is on the bench.

Conner is one of those "all-effort" defensive players that can be hidden in a conference like the MVC. Not so much in an actual conference.

He needs to be a shooting specialist who has a quick hook at all times.

Not sure why Reaves hasn't supplanted him full time.

BWillie 02-02-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13396295)

Who is going to be balder at 24 years old? Conner Frankamp, Trae Young or Jevon Carter?

HemiEd 02-06-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13396400)
Who is going to be balder at 24 years old? Conner Frankamp, Trae Young or Jevon Carter?

Interesting you mention hair. The Shocks had a chance to play against this young man tonight. They played well and won by 20. http://i68.tinypic.com/20hvyty.jpg

lawrenceRaider 02-07-2018 09:33 AM

Hopefully Shockers have adjusted and get it rolling.

threebag 02-07-2018 10:03 AM

Go SHOX!!!

HemiEd 02-07-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13406462)
Hopefully Shockers have adjusted and get it rolling.

It really helped that Shamet started hitting last night, now if Frankamp can only do the same.

I found it interesting to read Nirvana58's post after the game last night, it was almost like Greg Marshell read it also and agreed with him. :D

journeyscarab 02-07-2018 10:27 AM

Yep, good game. I am hoping Shamet is coming out of the slump and things start picking up! Some big games still ahead. GO SHOX!

HemiEd 02-18-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 13406564)
Yep, good game. I am hoping Shamet is coming out of the slump and things start picking up! Some big games still ahead. GO SHOX!

Great game by Shamet and the Shocks to beat the #5 Cincy Bearcats on their floor and break the nations longest home win streak of 39! PBJ PBJ

journeyscarab 02-19-2018 11:46 AM

It's a celebration bitches! What an awesome win!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F74146548833%2Fvideos%2F10156074284903834%2F&show_tex t=1&width=560" width="560" height="382" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

lawrenceRaider 02-19-2018 12:02 PM

Well done Shockers! Don't care much for Cinci since the Thuggins days.

HemiEd 02-24-2018 07:01 PM

Big wins by both the Shocks and Jayhawks today on the road. Real treat getting to watch both games back to back.

HemiEd 03-04-2018 07:28 AM

Today is the big game, rematch against Cincinnati at 11 on CBS.

This game will determine the winner of the AAC.

Shocks won the first game there, this one is at the round house in Wichita.

lawrenceRaider 03-04-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13449241)
Today is the big game, rematch against Cincinnati at 11 on CBS.

This game will determine the winner of the AAC.

Shocks won the first game there, this one is at the round house in Wichita.

Close one.

HemiEd 03-04-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13449819)
Close one.

Yeah, it is too bad the whistles were swallowed at the end, but it was a good game.

Coach 03-04-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13449833)
Yeah, it is too bad the whistles were swallowed at the end, but it was a good game.

Eh, I think the decision to try a low percentage shot was the bad one, to be honest with you. They only needed a two point, and what did they do? Jack a 3.

Chiefspants 03-04-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13450015)
Eh, I think the decision to try a low percentage shot was the bad one, to be honest with you. They only needed a two point, and what did they do? Jack a 3.

Yeah, the moment the ball touched Frankamp's hands it was obvious what he was going to do. In my humble opinion Shamet needs to be driving inside in that situation rather than relying on Conner to create his own shot - something he's never been able to do.

HemiEd 03-04-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13450015)

Shamet did drive and got fouled the way I saw it, then the three point attempt was a poor decision, I agree.

Coach 03-04-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13450046)
Yeah, the moment the ball touched Frankamp's hands it was obvious what he was going to do. In my humble opinion Shamet needs to be driving inside in that situation rather than relying on Conner to create his own shot - something he's never been able to do.

Agreed. Once I saw that Frankamp got the ball, I knew the guy was going to try to jack a 3and wanted to be a ****ing hero. I'm not one bit surprised that he missed it. Has he even made a game tying or winning shot before?

Coach 03-04-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13450508)
Shamet did drive and got fouled the way I saw it, then the three point attempt was a poor decision, I agree.

I didn't see it that way when he droved it, because normally officials tends to swallow the whistle. It would have to be blatant foul to consider the possibility of them blowing the whistle.

WSU should had tried to do that hi/lo screen to give either Morris or Kelly a good chance.

threebag 03-04-2018 10:50 PM

Yeah once Connor started to dribble instead of pass I knew it was over. He had Morris wide open too. Give it to the big guy and let him take it to the hole. Fun game to watch.

Would have been nice to win a share of the conference title first year in.

threebag 03-10-2018 03:06 PM

Get C. Frankamp off the court... Come'on Man!!!

TEX 03-10-2018 05:01 PM

Way to go COOGS! Game could have gone either way.
Best of luck Shockers in the Dance.
AAC wil send 3. Hopefully we all go far.

HemiEd 03-11-2018 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13459993)
Get C. Frankamp off the court... Come'on Man!!!

Yeah, I am no longer a fan of his.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13460139)
Way to go COOGS! Game could have gone either way.
Best of luck Shockers in the Dance.
AAC wil send 3. Hopefully we all go far.

:thumb: I have a friend and his wife sitting in a hotel down in Orlando, waiting to see where they go next. They have done that for several years now, must be nice.

TEX 03-11-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13460716)
Yeah, I am no longer a fan of his.

:thumb: I have a friend and his wife sitting in a hotel down in Orlando, waiting to see where they go next. They have done that for several years now, must be nice.

Very cool.
The AAC has 3 teams that can play with just about any team in the country. Down the stretch, they all played each other several times. Im hopeful that stiff competition will help them in the NCAA Tournament.

lawrenceRaider 01-19-2022 07:46 AM

No Shocker thread this year?

HemiEd 01-19-2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16086369)
No Shocker thread this year?

Been a rough year for the young team so far. They had a good lead on Cincy the other day and let it get away.

lawrenceRaider 01-20-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16086371)
Been a rough year for the young team so far. They had a good lead on Cincy the other day and let it get away.

I hope they get it turned around. Really like Brown.