ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312203)

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2017 12:59 PM

Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.

notorious 12-09-2017 01:04 PM

Players and coaches are pissed and frustrated.

Maybe they will pull their heads out of their asses.

HemiEd 12-09-2017 01:05 PM

I bet there is even more to it, but this is interesting

KCUnited 12-09-2017 01:06 PM

That coach HAS to be from the midwest.

displacedinMN 12-09-2017 01:06 PM

time for therapy.

Electroshock therapy

KCrockaholic 12-09-2017 01:08 PM

Emmitt Thomas or Al Harris. I can't imagine either one putting up with Peters' bullshit

kc rush 12-09-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13271222)
That coach HAS to be from the midwest.

Old and white too, I'm sure.

TLO 12-09-2017 01:09 PM

I wonder who comes up with the exact number for these fines?

Hoopsdoc 12-09-2017 01:16 PM

I don't see Peters and the Chiefs continuing their relationship beyond this season, if they even make it that far.

KCrockaholic 12-09-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 13271236)
I don't see Peters and the Chiefs continuing their relationship beyond this season, if they even make it that far.

They'll be fielding offers in March for both Peters and Alex Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-09-2017 01:27 PM

Top to bottom accountibility

ILChief 12-09-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 13271226)
Old and white too, I'm sure.

Bob Sutton

ILChief 12-09-2017 01:53 PM

Has to be Sutton. And if so, thank you Marcus

RunKC 12-09-2017 01:57 PM

Tom Brady screams at coach on national TV for the 2nd time: no prob guys!
Marcus Peters screams at a coach on a bus: character flag.

KCrockaholic 12-09-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13271281)

When you're the greatest of all time you can do whatever you want in the heat of a game. This is a stupid comparison and you know it.

oldman 12-09-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13271225)
Emmitt Thomas or Al Harris. I can't imagine either one putting up with Peters' bullshit

I can't imagine it was ET, at least not unless Peters got the holy snot knocked out of him. Even at 74, ET's a hard ass. He was a master at bump and run and wasn't afraid to lay a lick on a receiver.

KCrockaholic 12-09-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 13271285)
I can't imagine it was ET, at least not unless Peters got the holy snot knocked out of him. Even at 74, ET's a hard ass. He was a master at bump and run and wasn't afraid to lay a lick on a receiver.

Whatever he did was bad enough that the Chiefs didn't even want him involved in practice all week. He's in time out.

Red Dawg 12-09-2017 02:04 PM

Brady gets a pass. Not fair but Brady is a leader and model citizen. Hes known Josh for years. Peters spats out at fans and coaches. Hes acting like a baby with no maturity and could
not keep himself in check in college either.

Hoopsdoc 12-09-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Yes, totally the same.

:facepalm:

O.city 12-09-2017 02:07 PM

He gives a shit about losing

Why is that a bad thing!

Maybe it’ll light a fire under their asses. I’d rather a guy be pissed at losing than act like DJ and just say “there’s ups and downs blah blah”

patteeu 12-09-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13271292)

Why is that a bad thing!

Maybe it’ll light a fire under their asses. I’d rather a guy be pissed at losing than act like DJ and just say “there’s ups and downs blah blah”

I'd rather my players tackle someone when they finally get pissed at losing than lose control, draw unnecessary penalties, and fight with the coaches.

Chief Roundup 12-09-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13271227)

It is a mathematical equation based on occurrence and salary that is laid out in the CBA.

O.city 12-09-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13271302)
I'd rather my players tackle someone when they finally get pissed at losing than lose control, draw unnecessary penalties, and fight with the coaches.

Sure

But atleast he’s doing something. Guy hates to lose. Obviously he can channel it better but atleast he cares

ARROW2 12-09-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Why is that a bad thing!

I recall hearing that Peters was so upset at a recent smiff pick that he had to be calmed down by houston. I bet he has been spouting what a lot of us have on here and that was not taken well. Just a thought. I also remember tweet after the playoffs loss that seemed to point a finger at smiff.

hometeam 12-09-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Why is that a bad thing!

he gives a shit about losing? I dunno I have a hard time believing that after seeing the amount of effort he gives to prevent that from happening.

patteeu 12-09-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13271315)
Sure

But atleast he’s doing something. Guy hates to lose. Obviously he can channel it better but atleast he cares

That's not enough.

FloridaMan88 12-09-2017 02:44 PM

At least Marcus Peters is showing he gives a shit about how terrible the Chiefs defense performed last week.

What about Derrick Johnson?

Justin Houston?

Chris Jones?

Where is their outrage or supposed leadership over the train wreck that was the Chiefs defense last week.

KCUnited 12-09-2017 02:45 PM

It's laughable people are attributing Peters antics to "caring about losing" when you have no idea what's going through his volatile head.

patteeu 12-09-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13271379)
It's laughable people are attributing Peters antics to "caring about losing" when you have no idea what's going through his volatile head.

I always assume he's finna' go get loaded, win or lose.

KCUnited 12-09-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13271384)
I always assume he's finna' go get loaded, win or lose.

That's something even midwest fans can relate to.

FloridaMan88 12-09-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13271379)

Its laughable that the dumbshit "true fan" segment of the fanbase is more outraged at Marcus Peters than at Justin Houston.

Justin Houston is a $130 million waste of space.

KCUnited 12-09-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271390)
Its laughable that the dumbshit "true fan" segment of the fanbase is more outraged at Marcus Peters than at Justin Houston.

There's nothing true fan about calling out a bitch for acting like a bitch, Peters. Feel free to start a Houston thread.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 13271278)
Has to be Sutton. And if so, thank you Marcus

It's either Al Harris or Emmitt Thomas

Titty Meat 12-09-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Tom Brady has 5 rings and is the best ever to play the game dipshit

Eleazar 12-09-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271390)

Houston can't decide to have healthy knees again. Peters could decide to be a great player every down.

Titty Meat 12-09-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13271315)
Sure

He's doing something about it? Like acting like a petulant child and costing his team while fighting coaches? The very same thing he got kicked out of Washington for but hey at least he cares!

KCrockaholic 12-09-2017 02:58 PM

Houston was paid 190 Billion though. Let's just throw made up numbers at the screen like monkeys throwing shit at a zoo.

Easy 6 12-09-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271374)
At least Marcus Peters is showing he gives a shit about how terrible the Chiefs defense performed last week.

What about Derrick Johnson?

Justin Houston?

Chris Jones?

Where is their outrage or supposed leadership over the train wreck that was the Chiefs defense last week.

I am simply amazed at some of the voices defending MP

If he cared about losing, he wouldn't be playing like shit

FloridaMan88 12-09-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13271506)
I am simply amazed at some of the voices defending MP

If he cared about losing, he wouldn't be playing like shit

Not defending Marcus Peters, but the outrage shouldn't just be directed at him.

Chief Northman 12-09-2017 04:30 PM

I see one guy screaming at teammates and coaches. I see one guy obviously pile-watching and not engaging to tackle in the run game. I see one guy walking off the field at his own volition and who needs a babysitter too often.

Those defending Peters need to wake up. He can be mad, argue with a coach, show his displeasure - but when you protest by not playing hard and then bailing on your team, that is insubordination. I’ve said it in other threads and posts: all Peters cares about is Peters. Selfish player.

R8RFAN 12-09-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13271238)
They'll be fielding offers in March for both Peters and Alex Smith.

After the game Smiff is getting ready to have vs our secondary expect CP to fall back in love with him.

CoMoChief 12-09-2017 04:59 PM

I can tolerate the whining crybaby shit...but only if he's playing his ass off making plays.

But he's not making plays. He's blowing coverages, missing tackles and not getting turnovers.

Man up, stop pouting, do your job and let your game do the talking.

Peters certainly isn't the only one to blame. Blame can be spread out to just about every player on this team right now. You don't lose 6 in a row because of 1 player. There are problems everywhere.

Chiefs aren't generating any yardage on 1st down.
Chiefs running game is lacking
^^These are probably the 2 most concerning issues on offense^^
Chiefs aren't getting any pressure on opposing QB's
Due to above, the Chiefs secondary is getting torched.
Alex Smith is not playing well. He's playing timid with virtually no confidence.

And the main difference between last year and this year are the turnovers. Last year the Chiefs had game changing turnovers and scores via def and ST. They're not getting those plays this year. Last year the Chiefs offense I think only avg 15ppg if you take away the ST and def scores. There were a handful of plays last season that gave the Chiefs a 12-4 record rather than 9-7.

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2017 05:07 PM

Two things MP hates:

Tackling and losing.

Funny how those two things are connected.

ChiefGator 12-09-2017 05:11 PM

He isn't "missing" tackles. He is running away from them and showing no effort at all.

kccrow 12-09-2017 05:12 PM

Last time I openly called out Peters for his weaknesses on the field I was told I'm high on bath salts. After about 4 more weeks of it, maybe I'm not that high after all now am I.

He's weak. He's physically and mentally weak. If I were his teammate on defense, I would have jacked that mother****er Thomas Jones style by now.

I can't wait for the day he's traded, to be honest. Get me guys in here that care about winning.

FloridaMan88 12-09-2017 05:40 PM

The Jets ran 80+ offensive plays last week... for Justin Houston to have ZERO tackles with that many opportunities is almost statistically impossible.

Where are the effort questions?

How do you not even get an assisted tackle (Justin Houston also had zero assisted tackles) with the opposing team running 80+ offensive plays?

Bwana 12-09-2017 05:41 PM

He's an embarrassment. Trade his sorry ass to Cleveland in the off season.

patteeu 12-09-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271651)
The Jets ran 80+ offensive plays last week... for Justin Houston to have ZERO tackles with that many opportunities is almost statistically impossible.

How do you not even get an assisted tackle (Justin Houston also had zero assisted tackles) with the opposing team running 80+ offensive plays?

I guess Justin Houston should be thanking Marcus Peters for being a knucklehead then.

Best22 12-09-2017 06:20 PM

Peters isn't producing. If you're gonna act like that, you better be performing at a very high level

He hasn't

Iowanian 12-09-2017 07:26 PM

Someday peters will lip off and yell at the judge during sentencing....and the judge will cast him down with the sodomites.

Eleazar 12-09-2017 08:01 PM

This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.

stevieray 12-09-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13271831)
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.

...unless he's rejecting it, and mailing it in.

Red Beans 12-09-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13271284)
When you're the greatest of all time you can do whatever you want in the heat of a game. This is a stupid comparison and you know it.

No it's not. Their pro football players.Their interactions with coaches may differ based on position, years on the team, etc. But the tone of human to human interactions shouldn't be vary. A person who is with a company 25 years shouldn't be able to scream at their boss any more than a second day mailroom grunt. It's a double standard however you look at it.

WhiteWhale 12-09-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13271795)
Someday peters will lip off and yell at the judge during sentencing....and the judge will cast him down with the sodomites.

I haven't seen any indication that Peters is a criminal.

Just a overly emotional guy who has complete meltdowns.

DaneMcCloud 12-09-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271651)

Houston is injured, plain and simple.

He can't push off due to the calf injury sustained earlier in the season.

I couldn't care less about the cap space but it's a bummer to see such a dedicated Chief and good man not attain his goals.

WilliamTheIrish 12-09-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

There are no leaders on this team.

If there were, this would have been dealt with.

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.

Chief Northman 12-09-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13271898)

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.

Berry is a leader. Quit being overdramatic with the Reid comment. Leadership has been lacking since the Herm years...

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13271898)

They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.

Demonpenz 12-09-2017 09:24 PM

Peters is more Belcher than Brady

srvy 12-09-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13271907)
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.

Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.

WilliamTheIrish 12-09-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13271903)
Berry is a leader. Quit being overdramatic with the Reid comment. Leadership has been lacking since the Herm years...

Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13271914)
Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.

The article in the other thread said that hunt at one point asked him to stop and explained why so he stopped. There are plenty of interviews where Reid has said Peters asked him permission to kneel,and Reid allowed it

PAChiefsGuy 12-09-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 13271942)
Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.

Berry is a Pro Bowl player and arguably the best safety in the league when healthy. To say he is not good enough to get the job done is idiotic and shows how much of an idiot you are.

It's a team game. You can't expect Berry to play every position on defense. He absolutely is good enough to win a SB.

kcxiv 12-09-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13271703)
Peters isn't producing. If you're gonna act like that, you better be performing at a very high level

He hasn't

HE IS PRODUCING. THEY rarely throw his way. Which means he's doing his job. we already know he's not a physical player, but he's not getting thrown at that much.

tooge 12-09-2017 11:36 PM

The body rots from the head down.

Look at Reid's family situation over the years. The guy coddles and then can't deal with spoiled kids/players. It's sad really. Peterson was a mess coming out of college. He needs a Belichick sort of coach, not a Reid coach.

mdchiefsfan 12-10-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13271227)

The person that does that determines his salary.

KCrockaholic 12-10-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 13271843)
No it's not. Their pro football players.Their interactions with coaches may differ based on position, years on the team, etc. But the tone of human to human interactions shouldn't be vary. A person who is with a company 25 years shouldn't be able to scream at their boss any more than a second day mailroom grunt. It's a double standard however you look at it.

Josh McDaniels isn't Tom Brady's boss. He's Tom Brady's bitch. Tom can do whatever he wants. The only boss Brady has is Belichick and even that's debatable. Also, learn your their, they're, and there's. Black beans are better than red beans.

mdchiefsfan 12-10-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271521)

HAVE you seen an Alex Smith thread!?

mdchiefsfan 12-10-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13271623)
Last time I openly called out Peters for his weaknesses on the field I was told I'm high on bath salts. After about 4 more weeks of it, maybe I'm not that high after all now am I.

He's weak. He's physically and mentally weak. If I were his teammate on defense, I would have jacked that mother****er Thomas Jones style by now.

I can't wait for the day he's traded, to be honest. Get me guys in here that care about winning.

You’re high on bath salts, aren’t you? :p

mdchiefsfan 12-10-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

58,000 posts and I’ve never seen your name. You must’ve been ousted for speaking sensically. Thank you.

mdchiefsfan 12-10-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13271845)
I haven't seen any indication that Peters is a criminal.

Just a overly emotional guy who has complete meltdowns.

Oh see, it’s called a hypothetical situation. He is saying that if Peters were to find himself in front of a judge, as a criminal, he would probably (based upon the evidence presented) act in a less than favorable manner. Marcus Peters seems to care less about self-control and outward perception than, that which his peers, and most humans alive, consider to be adequate.

I doubt he is calling him a criminal, but more placing him in a life-altering situation, and suggesting that he would act discriminatorily towards himself.

Kidd Lex 12-10-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13271521)

So you need attention is what you’re saying?

Demonpenz 12-10-2017 01:30 AM

They ain't throwing Peters way but they sure are running his way which is apart of his job.

threebag 12-10-2017 01:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13271284)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 13271290)
Yes, totally the same.

:facepalm:

Is it just me or does it seem RunKC has come down with a case of the Clay'ds?

kccrow 12-10-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 13272046)
You’re high on bath salts, aren’t you? :p

:D yes? lol

Black Bob 12-10-2017 09:19 AM

This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.

wazu 12-10-2017 09:24 AM

Marcus Peters defines the term “team cancer”.

Eleazar 12-10-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 13272237)
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.

Yeah, "where's the leadership?" is a good question.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in New England, or Pittsburgh, or other places with long term winning traditions.

SuperBowl4 12-11-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Has Brady ever thrown a ref's penalty flag into the stands and then walk off the field smiling with time still remaining into the locker room during a game? Marcus Peter's conduct was detrimental to the team. MP needs to be traded before the next episode happens in Kansas City.

Marcellus 12-11-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 13272237)

Another stupid as **** football take from Bob.

Kelce is not a selfish player and he already signed through 2021. He signed a 5 year extension this off season.

You don't have the market on bad football takes cornered but you certainly are one of the biggest sellers.