ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft The Film Room Ep. 44 - DeShone Kizer, Mitch Trubisky, Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309463)

Quesadilla Joe 08-18-2017 06:53 PM

The Film Room Ep. 44 - DeShone Kizer, Mitch Trubisky, Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson

From Brett Kollmann...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m1S2UZQrqvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(The Mahomes section starts at 7:53)

Simply Red 08-18-2017 06:54 PM

you seem nice.

Rasputin 08-18-2017 07:22 PM

If Kizer works out for the Browns then they are a team that kept trying with draft pick prospects and prove its the best way to acquire your Franchise Quarterback.

I really admire their fortitude.

beach tribe 08-18-2017 07:46 PM

Watson looks like ass IMO. My prediction is his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

rico 08-18-2017 08:06 PM

Watson sucks ass.

Tribal Warfare 08-18-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13023047)
If Kizer works out for the Browns then they are a team that kept trying with draft pick prospects and prove its the best way to acquire your Franchise Quarterback.

Moneyball

Bowser 08-18-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 13023079)
Watson looks like ass IMO. My prediction is his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

He needs the Mahomes treatment of sitting a year and learning. Problem is there isn't anyone else there any better than him, and they aren't going to let a guy they traded up for sit behind Tom ****ing Savage. It might ruin him, we'll see. I'm definitely interested with what happens to him as this season goes on.

Rasputin 08-18-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13023134)
He needs the Mahomes treatment of sitting a year and learning. Problem is there isn't anyone else there any better than him, and they aren't going to let a guy they traded up for sit behind Tom ****ing Savage. It might ruin him, we'll see. I'm definitely interested with what happens to him as this season goes on.

Apparently they didn't learn anything from Carr wreck days. I think Carr was the most sacked quarterback in a year not sure but close and he never had a chance to blossom he just got gang raped and the Texans let it happen.

Red Dawg 08-18-2017 08:24 PM

I wasn't on the Watson bandwagon. Media made way to big of deal about his college record. He was on a very good team. I feel like Mahomes can elevate players around him and Watson won't.

Mahomes has a very high ceiling and a playmaker.

Pitt Gorilla 08-18-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

if mahomes works out for the chiefs, he's proof that it's best to wait for a truly great prospect and patiently pick your spots.

KChiefs1 08-18-2017 08:25 PM

Watson is a glorified Alex Smith. Good luck with that Texans.

RunKC 08-18-2017 08:27 PM

Watson looks exactly like Alex. All of the same pros and cons.

TambaBerry 08-18-2017 08:33 PM

Kizer looks good

RealSNR 08-18-2017 08:44 PM

Watson is Doug Flutie.

rico 08-18-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13023165)
Watson is a glorified Alex Smith. Good luck with that Texans.

I remember when he was drafted...seemed like there was only one happy person in the room.

Pitt Gorilla 08-18-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13023170)
Watson looks exactly like Alex. All of the same pros and cons.

alex has a better arm.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-18-2017 08:48 PM

Important to remember--while all four of these rookie QBs have looked good so far in preseason, so did Leaf... so did Tebow... etc.

While you certainly want to see them be successful during preseason if you are a fan of the team, I think you are best served to judge them by their college tape and the situations of each franchise they represent until they are playing regular season games.

NJChiefsFan 08-18-2017 09:30 PM

Seems to me like Mariota is Watson's best case scenario. NTTAWWT.

BlackOp 08-18-2017 09:57 PM

That was the best thing you've ever posted....and I disagree with the Smith/Watson comparisons. Alex is usually very accurate on intermediate routes...it's always been his long throws that needed work.

Black Bob 08-18-2017 10:03 PM

I think Watson will end up being the best when it's all said and done. He is clutch and the best leader.

BlackOp 08-18-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 13023361)
I think Watson will end up being the best when it's all said and done. He is clutch and the best leader.

I dont...the other 3 are much more naturally talented. Watson was the only one I thought looked "meh" with his accuracy. Trubisky is going to be a star.

Three7s 08-18-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13023200)
alex has a better arm.

Yeah, Watson looked horrible, like several Chiefs QBs I've seen in the past.

Three7s 08-18-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 13023361)

If that's all it took, Tim Tebow would be on his way to the HoF.

Buehler445 08-18-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13023134)

Yeah. His throwing motion is kind of wonky. In my unprofessional opinion. He is a gamer though. He may turn into something if he isn't crushed into oblivion first.

They need to get OL before drafting a guy. They should have gotten a fullback or Tebow until they had a line. Their QB track record is worse than ours.

Carr: shell shock. Surprised he's not dead.
Schaub: alright for a couple years under knee diving Donk until they shell shocked him too
Yates/Keenum/whatever: Scrubs.
Watson: fast track to shell shock.

Red Dawg 08-19-2017 05:02 AM

Watson is the product of being on a good team in college. He came up big a few times but he played poorly more than he played great. He's hardly a scoring machine.

rico 08-19-2017 06:20 AM

Dude, Watson looks Cassel bad.

threebag 08-19-2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

It would suck to be horrible for that long.

Coogs 08-19-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13023149)
Apparently they didn't learn anything from Carr wreck days. I think Carr was the most sacked quarterback in a year not sure but close and he never had a chance to blossom he just got gang raped and the Texans let it happen.

Carr was the first pick on an expansion team. IIRC, the LT they picked from the Jags to protect his blindside didn't work out as planned. Throwing rookie QB's in with expansion teams is a bit different from what the Cowboys did last season, and what the Chiefs, Texans, and to some extent Browns could do this season.

milkman 08-19-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

This might be the stupidest post you've ever made, and that's saying a lot.

Deberg_1990 08-19-2017 08:35 AM

Kizer made him very horny.

He was kinda meh on Mahomes

Rasputin 08-19-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13023542)
This might be the stupidest post you've ever made, and that's saying a lot.

Well you can't say they haven't tried :jester:

jaa1025 08-19-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13023149)

Not sure how old the list is that I found but he is or was the record holder with 76 in a season with 68 a few years later. That's crazy. I never really watched him so I'm not sure how much is on him vs the line etc but yikes.

Regardless, a lot of great QB's get sacked a lot. Aaron Rodgers is the prime example. He's had a few 50 sack seasons. Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked a ton over his career. 1 50 sack season and several in the 40s. Drew Brees was sacked a bunch as well.

Rasputin 08-19-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 13023698)
Not sure how old the list is that I found but he is or was the record holder with 76 in a season with 68 a few years later. That's crazy. I never really watched him so I'm not sure how much is on him vs the line etc but yikes.

Regardless, a lot of great QB's get sacked a lot. Aaron Rodgers is the prime example. He's had a few 50 sack seasons. Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked a ton over his career. 1 50 sack season and several in the 40s. Drew Brees was sacked a bunch as well.

I think it was like a jail break the second he took the snap he was running for his life he never had a chance to get rid of the ball they would just chase him down and put him down like a sack of potatoes. The Texans ****ed his career because I think if he had a resemblance of a line or got to sit a year he would have been fine. Any quarterback would have got clobbered but I know Aaron Rodgers first few years he was sacked a lot and he still managed to become an elite quarterback.

milkman 08-19-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13023708)
I think it was like a jail break the second he took the snap he was running for his life he never had a chance to get rid of the ball they would just chase him down and put him down like a sack of potatoes. The Texans ****ed his career because I think if he had a resemblance of a line or got to sit a year he would have been fine. Any quarterback would have got clobbered but I know Aaron Rodgers first few years he was sacked a lot and he still managed to become an elite quarterback.

Sorry, but those lines were never nearly as bad as David Carr made them look.

He was completely unable to go through progressions and make reads.
He was the QB equivalent of William Bartee.

He held the ball far too long and had limited mobility.

He took 46 sacks his final season with the Texans, and that line, with only one addition gave up only 22 sacks the following season.

David Carr was responsible more sacks than those lines were.

Rasputin 08-19-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 13023722)
Sorry, but those lines were never nearly as bad as David Carr made them look.

He was completely unable to go through progressions and make reads.
He was the QB equivalent of William Bartee.

He held the ball far too long and had limited mobility.

He took 46 sacks his final season with the Texans, and that line, with only one addition gave up only 22 sacks the following season.

David Carr was responsible more sacks than those lines were.

Yeah that seems more accurate iirc as soon as he got the snap he would just panic and run around but get sacked because he held onto the ball and didn't make the reads or stay in the pocket and let it rip.

Nickhead 08-19-2017 07:57 PM

i do not believe watson's stock has gone up any after two weeks. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2017 08:06 PM

Lynch ****ing sucks

Nickhead 08-19-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13025662)
Lynch ****ing sucks

terrible throwing motion IMO :D

KChiefs1 09-15-2017 12:22 PM

Watson sucks.

OldSchool 09-15-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Ummmmm, no. You don't prove shit by blowing it decade after decade in the draft. ROFL