ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chasing Strains: Using Weed to save Football (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307605)

Abba-Dabba 05-09-2017 08:45 AM

Chasing Strains: Using Weed to save Football

A short 3 part series by Vice Sports and ex-Chief Kyle Turley. With appearances with an active player, retired players, and Todd Marinovich.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Q-iN8LZ7Yo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xpc4B9fmOv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2bv96cxIbpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 09:01 AM

Lemme guess: the Libs on Vice take the pro-pot side?

Abba-Dabba 05-09-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12863883)

Not once in that series was anything political mentioned.

Would you like to discuss the actual merits if the series? Or are you going to continue looking like a sociopath that struggles with compassion and empathy towards others medical issues?

The Franchise 05-09-2017 09:34 AM

My step-daughter has epilepsy. I'd love for the research to get to the point where when she's old enough to make that decision....the option is there for her. I know it's legal in California....but we aren't there yet. Shit....we won't even get dispensaries until 2018.

Abba-Dabba 05-09-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12863927)
My step-daughter has epilepsy. I'd love for the research to get to the point where when she's old enough to make that decision....the option is there for her. I know it's legal in California....but we aren't there yet. Shit....we won't even get dispensaries until 2018.

My daughter developed Petit mal seizures at the age of 7. At 9 she was having 50-60 seizures per day. If I would have known about the dangers of pharmaceuticals that were prescribed to her 15yrs ago. She would have been on a different regimen. One of the medications prescribed to her at the beginning of her treatment caused a severe reaction that if she continued to take would have killed her. She was lucky to have a reaction rather than just killing her. Which death can happen without the presence of a allergic reaction. Most people don't understand that the medications we give to epileptic children are extremely dangerous. With side effects that include death. Cannabis does not have any of those potential extreme side effects.

The Franchise 05-09-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 12863942)
My daughter developed Petit mal seizures at the age of 7. At 9 she was having 50-60 seizures per day. If I would have known about the dangers of pharmaceuticals that were prescribed to her 15yrs ago. She would have been on a different regimen. One of the medications prescribed to her at the beginning of her treatment caused a severe reaction that if she continued to take would have killed her. She was lucky to have a reaction rather than just killing her. Which death can happen without the presence of a allergic reaction. Most people don't understand that the medications we give to epileptic children are extremely dangerous. With side effects that include death. Cannabis does not have any of those potential extreme side effects.

The medication that my daughter is on doesn't have any side effects like yours did. What it does cause is mood swings and it limits her on what other medications that she can take. She has allergies but can't take any allergy medication for them because it will counteract her seizure meds.

LOCOChief 05-09-2017 09:52 AM

Best anti inflammatory there is. Big Pharma hates it.

threebag 05-09-2017 10:01 AM

Big Pharma/Healthcare Industry needs a working over.

Abba-Dabba 05-09-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12863948)
The medication that my daughter is on doesn't have any side effects like yours did. What it does cause is mood swings and it limits her on what other medications that she can take. She has allergies but can't take any allergy medication for them because it will counteract her seizure meds.

It is a struggle to find that little bit of normalcy with epilepsy and children. I feel for her and your wife. Luckily for my daughter, her seizures have subsided with age. The only saving grace with petit mal seizures in children.

Last time she thinks she had a seizure was Junior year of high school. But she missed out on so many things that children without epilepsy take for granted. The ability to even have a driver's license that kids get in high school. At a young age not learning how to ride a bike because of the frequency of seizures. Sun sensitivity. This list goes on and on.

RobBlake 05-09-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Why I dislike most conservatives. Ya'll build your little utopia yet? Or never gonna be tired of your political bullshit - feels a little cult like.

Anyways - if NFL truly cared about their BRAND and PLAYERS, they would set an unprecedented trend and NOT test for Weed during the offseason and make it a drug that if detected would not equate to an automatic punishment. Much like alcohol. Weed is significantly less dangerous than all the drugs that are able to be taken by these gladiators. It's truly a backwards thinking that society - western society - has.

The only political thing about this subject is the reason why the GOV'T hates things that benefits humans the most - $$$$$$$$.

RobBlake 05-09-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12863968)
Big Pharma/Healthcare Industry needs a working over.

The only way that will happen is if there a massive uprising across the country.. and I don't see that happening within this decade.. it will eventually though.

B_Ambuehl 05-09-2017 12:44 PM

Here's the deal. The medical part of cannabis is primarily CBD. It's the component of cannabis with all the anti-inflammatory effects, pain effects, anti-epileptic effects, etc. CBD is not intoxicating and is perfectly legal. Anyone can buy or order CBD oil today. One can also find high CBD hemp flower and smoke that.

IMO most of these people just wanna be able to smoke & get high with THC and want the rules to change so they can do it.

BigBeauford 05-09-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 12864235)
Here's the deal. The medical part of cannabis is primarily CBD. It's the component of cannabis with all the anti-inflammatory effects, pain effects, anti-epileptic effects, etc. CBD is not intoxicating and is perfectly legal. Anyone can buy or order CBD oil today. One can also find high CBD hemp flower and smoke that.

IMO most of these people just wanna be able to smoke & get high with THC and want the rules to change so they can do it.

**** them for enjoying themselves right?

eDave 05-09-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12864274)

No shit.

Abba-Dabba 05-09-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 12864235)

CBD is not the only medicinal cannabinoid found in cannabis. Most have better results with a 1 to 1 ratio of THC and CBD. But it goes much further than that. Have you ever heard of the Entourage effect?

B_Ambuehl 05-09-2017 02:42 PM

I didnt say it's the only medical aspect, but there's a lot more research supporting CBD for medical issues compared to THC. No arguing that most do better on a 1:1 ratio but I'd wager a lot of that is because people enjoy being baked.

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12864274)

And just like that, the true reason just came out.

Prison Bitch 05-09-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 12863921)
Not once in that series was anything political mentioned.

Would you like to discuss the actual merits if the series? Or are you going to continue looking like a sociopath that struggles with compassion and empathy towards others medical issues?

That's nice. Anyone with a divergent view is a "sociopath" who wants others to struggle in pain. Good work.

chiefzilla1501 05-09-2017 03:52 PM

Our drug laws are ridiculous. And the NFL's enforcement of those are even worse.

That marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 drug is "holy shit" ridiculous.

But from the NFL, who gives a shit? Why ruin player's careers over something that doesn't give them a competitive advantage and doesn't hurt them any more than drinking? And why put it on the same level as DUIs and beating women?

digger 05-09-2017 04:39 PM

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/wtf-m...f591537bb3.jpg

rabblerouser 05-09-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 12863868)
With appearances with an active player, retired players, and Todd Marinovich.

ROFL

rabblerouser 05-09-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Not just the libs, PB.

I'm all about it, and I'll never vote Democrat. Not even for a ****ing alderman.

mdchiefsfan 05-09-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 12864771)
Not just the libs, PB.

I'm all about it, and I'll never vote Democrat. Not even for a ****ing alderman.

Same here

beach tribe 05-09-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 12864771)
Not just the libs, PB.

This.

And seriously, how can people still demonize marijuana??

Blows my mind..

Bugeater 05-09-2017 06:32 PM

https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...ljn9o1_500.jpg

Dave Lane 05-09-2017 07:04 PM

Trump just announced the Feds are shutting down pot nationally so the answer would be no.

Pablo 05-09-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12864959)
This.

And seriously, how can people still demonize marijuana??

Blows my mind..

His wife makes him dump out his whiskey when he's had too much. Think she'd ever let him smoke a joint?

listopencil 05-09-2017 07:41 PM

NFL players are generally some of the most intense people I've ever seen. Some of them probably should get high every now and then.

Abba-Dabba 05-10-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12864585)
Our drug laws are ridiculous. And the NFL's enforcement of those are even worse.

That marijuana is classified as a schedule 1 drug is "holy shit" ridiculous.

But from the NFL, who gives a shit? Why ruin player's careers over something that doesn't give them a competitive advantage and doesn't hurt them any more than drinking? And why put it on the same level as DUIs and beating women?

It only hurts sick people that can benefit from it as a therapeutic medicine. I am not in the camp that it cures cancer. It may have some properties that can kill cancer. But those are all unknowns. But until research is allowed by the DEA, we will never know.

Another example of dumb drug laws that hurt sick people.

Woman with terminal cancer jailed over medication in her system
http://www.kake.com/story/35335390/w...-in-her-system

ClevelandBronco 05-10-2017 08:35 AM

Using weed that save football. Using weed to save school funding. Using weed to save ill children. Whatever. Knock yourselves out, stoners. I'm all good with legalizing it.

Just quit lying about what you're legalizing it for.

Abba-Dabba 05-10-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 12866059)
Using weed that save football. Using weed to save school funding. Using weed to save ill children. Whatever. Knock yourselves out, stoners. I'm all good with legalizing it.

Just quit lying about what you're legalizing it for.

Who is lying? And why do you think someone is lying about what they want it legalized for?

Abba-Dabba 05-10-2017 07:04 PM

How Marijuana Might Help Aging Brains

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/marijua...191226326.html

Marijuana isn’t exactly synonymous with mental sharpness, but surprising new research has found that it might help protect the brain from the effects of aging.

A German study on mice published in the journal Nature Medicine found that low, regular doses of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana, may help to keep our brains from slowing down as we get older. For the study, researchers from the University of Bonn and Hebrew University spent a month giving daily THC to mice that were two months, one year, and 18 months old, and studied the effects on each.

Scientists first tested the mice on their ability to recognize familiar objects and navigate a water maze without the influence of THC and found that, while younger mice did well, older mice struggled. Once they were given THC, the younger mice had a drop in performance, but older mice showed improvement that lasted for weeks afterward — and even did as well as younger mice that had no THC.

Researchers say that THC in older mice might stimulate the brain’s endocannabinoid system, a group of brain and nervous system receptors that become less active as we age.

Of course, the study was conducted on mice, not humans, and it’s too soon to recommend that adults start taking daily doses of THC based on this. But The Guardian reports that the scientists are planning to start a clinical trial to test this on humans later this year. “If we can rejuvenate the brain so that everybody gets five to 10 more years without needing extra care, then that is more than we could have imagined,” study co-author Andras Bilkei-Gorzo told The Guardian.

Norbert E. Kaminski, PhD, director of the Institute for Integrative Toxicology at Michigan State University, tells Yahoo Beauty that while it’s too soon to draw any conclusions from the research, there may be something to it. “If low doses of THC decrease decline in cognitive function in senior citizens, this could be beneficial,” he says.

Kaminski also notes that many diseases that cause a decline of cognitive function, such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, are thought to be due, in part, to chronic inflammation in the brain. Cannabinoids like THC have anti-inflammatory properties, he says, which may be beneficial for some older patients suffering from certain neurodegenerative diseases.

Gary Wenk, PhD, a professor in the departments of Psychology & Neuroscience & Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics at the Ohio State University and Medical Center who is a member of the Governor’s Marijuana Advisory Committee, agrees. He tells Yahoo Beauty that the research “presents clear evidence for the cognitive and neurological benefits of low-dose marijuana use in the aging brain.” Wenk, who also has studied the impact of low-dose cannabinoids, says THC acts by reducing brain inflammation and its consequences upon normal brain function as people age. “It’s a very positive effect that is seen at quite low doses,” he says.

Seth Ammerman, MD, a clinical professor at Stanford University’s department of pediatrics in the division of adolescent medicine, tells Yahoo Beauty that THC affects younger brains differently because it can disrupt normal pathways of brain development. But once a person’s brain has fully developed, Ammerman says, it’s “possible” that THC can help stabilize elements in the endocannabinoid system so that the effects of aging on the brain are tempered in a way.

Of course, THC is responsible for the high that people feel from marijuana, so dosing is important. Women’s health expert Jennifer Wider, MD, tells Yahoo Beauty she has some concerns.

“It has been well-established that THC comes along with side effects — even in older people,” she says, listing anxiety, paranoid thinking patterns, drowsiness, slowed sense of time, and dizziness as examples. “More research will be needed before this could become an accepted therapeutic modality.” Ammerman agrees, noting that “there are still a lot of unanswered questions.”

Abba-Dabba 03-18-2018 05:31 PM

Hall of Famer Joe Montana advocates cannabis for pain relief, healing
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

As the NFL and NFLPA move toward potentially removing cannabis as a banned substance in the coming years, yet another high-profile former NFL star — four-time Super Bowl champion and NFL Hall of Famer Joe Montana — has come out in favor of utilizing this medicine.

Montana was one of eight former NFL players interviewed by Playboy magazine on this topic.

“Legalization is picking up steam on a global level and I feel like now is the time to spread information about the curing capabilities of this plant,” Montana said. “As with any medicine, increased accessibility comes with the need for education. Cannabis eased my pain. It also put me in a state of healing and relief.”

Eugene Monroe was also interviewed by the magazine. As he did when he spoke with Sportsnaut about this topic, he continues to spread the message that cannabis is so much more beneficial than opiates. It’s a message that is gaining steam, especially in light of the research that shows cannabis can be extremely helpful for players dealing with concussions.

At this time, marijuana is still a Schedule I drug in the United States of America, though many states have legalized it for medicinal and recreational use. There is political pressure being applied from both sides of the issue, and it remains to be seen what will happen in the coming years in regard to its legality.

chiefzilla1501 03-18-2018 05:48 PM

That's very good news. Looking back at the Brett Favre story and knowing what we know now about painkillers, it's amazing this isn't a bigger issue in the NFL. Especially with a really stupid policy about pot. Imagine this is a tricky issue, though... does it give a team in a state with more sensible drug laws an advantage over a team with stricter laws?

Easy 6 03-18-2018 05:54 PM

Wow, somehow missed this thread... my God does Turley look different now or what?

'The Tude' has become just another balding, skinny, tall old man LMAO

Dude is apparently all about it, has his grinders and rollers etc... but yeah, the truth is that its 10x better for you than alcohol, its not even really close

Its just tough to prove that to the older generations

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2018 06:03 PM

Not once in my life has THC ever "eased pain". I have NO idea where people get that shit from, outside of pressure relief as it relates to glaucoma.

I say just admit it; you want to get stoned. At least THAT'S honest.

listopencil 03-18-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13476894)
Not once in my life has THC ever "eased pain". I have NO idea where people get that shit from, outside of pressure relief as it relates to glaucoma.

Really? I find that hard to believe, but people do have different experiences I guess. I have personal first hand knowledge of seeing someone ease pain by smoking pot. Actually several people. To the point of being able to cut back on pain meds (among other meds) so much that they improved their quality and length of life while enduring a terminal disease.

Abba-Dabba 03-18-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Maybe that is because you really aren't in pain.

Graystoke 03-18-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

I wanna get stoned!

Graystoke 03-18-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 13477043)
I wanna get stoned!

And it’s cool that they are indeed finding new medicinal uses for this drug

rabblerouser 03-19-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13477041)
Maybe that is because you really aren't in pain.

This.

I have glaucoma, and am also prescribed Xanax for anxiety.

I don't take the Xanax.

***** Big Pharma.

rabblerouser 03-19-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 13477043)
I wanna get stoned!

Hell yeah.

dlphg9 03-19-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

I'm right there with you on that. I've never had pain relief. I've actually noticed it amplifies most pain and makes me concentrate on it more. It drives me crazy how all these people are saying they smoke weed for medicinal purposes. I smoke because I enjoy being high, it's fun. Although, I've never had a strain that was high in CBD, that may actually reduce pain.

Edit

I guess it's also good for people that don't have any appetite. I could probably eat until I died while high.

rabblerouser 03-19-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12865050)
His wife makes him dump out his whiskey when he's had too much. Think she'd ever let him smoke a joint?

Fair enough.

Titty Meat 03-19-2018 08:37 PM

I hit a weed vape pen once Saturday and have a test Weds. Will I be ok?

listopencil 03-19-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13478896)
I hit a weed vape pen once Saturday and have a test Weds. Will I be ok?

Probably. You shouldn't still be too high to take a test days later. Did you study? Did you use flash cards?

POND_OF_RED 03-19-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13478911)
Probably. You shouldn't still be too high to take a test days later. Did you study? Did you use flash cards?

https://touchmyculture.files.wordpre...4/05/high.jpeg

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13478832)
I'm right there with you on that. I've never had pain relief. I've actually noticed it amplifies most pain and makes me concentrate on it more. It drives me crazy how all these people are saying they smoke weed for medicinal purposes. I smoke because I enjoy being high, it's fun. Although, I've never had a strain that was high in CBD, that may actually reduce pain.

Edit

I guess it's also good for people that don't have any appetite. I could probably eat until I died while high.

This.

Not only the above-mentioned effect, but it also increases my heart rate like crazy and I can NOT relax on that shit unless I am good and buzzed on teh alcohol.
I used to smoke a lot when I was a teenager, but the buzz started going south on me in my early 20's, and I haven't been a regular user in almost 30 years.

Recently, Peebag gave me some meth and offered to suck my cock, but I told him that I didn't like speedy drugs nor did I want to end up looking like a toothless, Wichita male prostitute, earning my living by blowing truckers on the I-35 truck stop circuit. Plus, I hear he's branching his service in to northern Oklahoma, so there wouldn't be much of a market to exploit close to Kansas City.

kcxiv 03-19-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

a guy i game with last year had 2 spinal fusions and is in massive pain. Lives in NY. He got approved finally for medical marijuana, mind you this guy is the straightest edge guy you could ever know so he's not really familiar with anything Weed related. He said its doing wonders, you can even tell when you talk to him in discord. He's more upbeat and not pissed off all the time, you could just tell from the tone of his voice. He's like i walk normal again!

He's said its helped, but he's only been on it a few days. See where he's at in a month or 2.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-19-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 13478982)
a guy i game with last year had 2 spinal fusions and is in massive pain. Lives in NY. He got approved finally for medical marijuana, mind you this guy is the straightest edge guy you could ever know so he's not really familiar with anything Weed related. He said its doing wonders, you can even tell when you talk to him in discord. He's more upbeat and not pissed off all the time, you could just tell from the tone of his voice. He's like i walk normal again!

He's said its helped, but he's only been on it a few days. See where he's at in a month or 2.

Different people, different effects. And, I just recently learned that particular strains have differing qualities in terms of how they affect your overall physiology.
Good for him, though. I'm not against it at all, I just don't believe that enough science has been applied to properly classify and assign concrete, proven qualities to the multitude of strains and mixtures that are available.

Not that they aren't trying of course.

rabblerouser 03-19-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 13478928)

Love that movie.

Katipan 03-20-2018 07:03 AM

Because it's not about a thc number.

It's about terpenes. You people are well read. Enjoy learning a whole new way of life

Abba-Dabba 03-20-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 13479250)

It's about terpenes. You people are well read. Enjoy learning a whole new way of life

I believe in the Entourage effect. Terpenes will get you only so far IMO.

Then you need consider how do terpenes alone fuel your endocannabinoid system within your own body. They simply can't.

But it can't be just about terpenes. It if is just about terpenes then even the science we have on cannabis now is completely wrong. Which I don't believe that to be the case.

Katipan 03-20-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 13479271)
I believe in the Entourage effect. Terpenes will get you only so far IMO.

Then you need consider how do terpenes alone fuel your endocannabinoid system within your own body. They simply can't.

But it can't be just about terpenes. It if is just about terpenes then even the science we have on cannabis now is completely wrong. Which I don't believe that to be the case.

I agree with all that. But I was specifically answering why chasing the thc number for pain relief never worked for dude up there.

Thc content made me type dude instead of dumbass too. Or age. I am getting old.

Abba-Dabba 03-20-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 13479320)
I agree with all that. But I was specifically answering why chasing the thc number for pain relief never worked for dude up there.

Thc content made me type dude instead of dumbass too. Or age. I am getting old.

ROFL Me too.

rabblerouser 03-20-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 13479250)

Gotta have that high terp.

ToxSocks 03-20-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13478832)
Edit

It has the opposite effect for me. It kills my appetite almost immediately. To the point that it makes food i normally like taste like shit.

But, about 2hrs later, the munchies kick in.

rabblerouser 03-20-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 12864103)
Why I dislike most conservatives. Ya'll build your little utopia yet? Or never gonna be tired of your political bullshit - feels a little cult like.

why I dislike most liberals; the stunning hypocrisy.

kcxiv 03-20-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13479004)
Different people, different effects. And, I just recently learned that particular strains have differing qualities in terms of how they affect your overall physiology.
Good for him, though. I'm not against it at all, I just don't believe that enough science has been applied to properly classify and assign concrete, proven qualities to the multitude of strains and mixtures that are available.

Not that they aren't trying of course.

possibly, my dad who is diabetic and has massive nerve pain from his neurophathy(spelling) smokes and it does absolute wonders for him. Then again his ass been smoking weed for 45 years now. He said it does wonders for his legs. Gabapentin he said doesnt do shit. He said he smokes some high grade pot and he's good to go