ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Day 1 Prospect Sexual Assault (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307322)

Chiefnj2 04-25-2017 08:20 AM

Day 1 Prospect Sexual Assault

Allegedly the Cleveland Police are stalling on this case:

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
There have been numerous conversations at Cleveland 19 News about the report you are about to read. There's a lot at stake. It involves a young woman who said she was sexually assaulted, a young man who is about to start his NFL career, and a team who may be taking a huge risk drafting a player who's under investigation right here in Cleveland.

Police radio traffic coming from downtown Cleveland's Westin Hotel after 3 a.m. Sunday, April 9 sheds light on the moment officers arrived on scene: "Officers on scene, no call back -- 23-year-old female conscious and breathing, victim of a sexual assault."

The accused is a college football player who is expected to be taken in the first round of Thursday's NFL Draft.

We are not naming the player because we're waiting for the police report. And we want to be very clear he has not been officially charged with a crime at this point.

By phone, investigative producer Cassie Nist spoke to the player's attorney, Kevin Spellacy, who said he is representing the player in this matter, but said the accusations are "ludicrous and ridiculous."

"In my opinion this young lady is an opportunist and it's actually despicable," said Spellacy.

The player's attorney says it all started at the Barley House on West 6th Street, when a group left there to go to the Westin for a hotel room party. He said his client was never alone with the alleged victim, and he has three witnesses who said he did nothing wrong. When police arrived at the Westin, the player had already left. The attorney said he is willing to bring his client in to be interviewed by police, but not right away. He has made arrangements for the interview to be held right after the NFL Draft.

There is a lot at stake. It's just days before the draft and one of the top picks has his name on paperwork somewhere on a Cleveland detective's desk. We'd like to see that paperwork. Normally we can. But for some reason we -- the media -- are being held up.

Rausch 04-25-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12838157)

By phone, investigative producer Cassie Nist spoke to the player's attorney, Kevin Spellacy, who said he is representing the player in this matter, but said the accusations are "ludicrous and ridiculous."

"In my opinion this young lady is an opportunist and it's actually despicable," said Spellacy."

http://www.thehunchblog.com/wp-conte...n-spacey-3.jpg

Halfcan 04-25-2017 08:32 AM

"In my opinion this young lady is an opportunist and it's actually despicable," said Spellacy.

Sounds like a money grab by some broke ho.

Fish 04-25-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

The accused is a college football player who is expected to be taken in the first round of Thursday's NFL Draft.

We are not naming the player because we're waiting for the police report. And we want to be very clear he has not been officially charged with a crime at this point.
Seems kinda shady to give a description like that...

ClevelandBronco 04-25-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12838157)
The attorney said he is willing to bring his client in to be interviewed by police, but not right away. He has made arrangements for the interview to be held right after the NFL Draft.

When did this become a thing? This is really unacceptable unless he's projected to go to the Broncos, the Patriots or the Steelers.

Titty Meat 04-25-2017 09:07 AM

One of the QBs please

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12838226)
One of the QBs please

Trubisky is a Cleveland boy, IIRC...

O.city 04-25-2017 09:09 AM

Seems to me the appropriate way to do this, is either wait till all the evidence is out therr and report it then, or don't do it at all.

This seems half asset to me

Titty Meat 04-25-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12838227)
Trubisky is a Cleveland boy, IIRC...

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs...ent-811127.gif

raybec 4 04-25-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 12838211)
When did this become a thing? This is really unacceptable unless he's projected to go to the Broncos, the Patriots or the Steelers.

If the cops don't believe her, I have no issue with it. Especially if they already spoke with the witnesses.

O.city 04-25-2017 09:11 AM

It was at a Cleveland hotel? I'm guessing said player was there to visit the browns?

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12838230)
Seems to me the appropriate way to do this, is either wait till all the evidence is out therr and report it then, or don't do it at all.

This seems half asset to me

I present to you - the modern media and the 24 hour news cycle.

Half-assed is how they roll. Once the AP started getting stumped by obvious click-bait, it was all over.

raybec 4 04-25-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12838241)
I present to you - the modern media and the 24 hour news cycle.

Half-assed is how they roll. Once the AP started getting stumped by obvious click-bait, it was all over.

The desire to be first well outweighs the desire to be accurate. That's how we get shit like this.

The Franchise 04-25-2017 09:18 AM

They are basically egging on people to try and figure out who the player is....and then they'll be outed. But it won't be their fault!

****ing worthless media.

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12838246)
The desire to be first well outweighs the desire to be accurate. That's how we get shit like this.

Yup.

We aren't in DC so I'll refrain from going further down the rabbit hole, but sports is the least of our worries when it comes to this shit.

Mass-market media has become completely goddamn worthless.

Beef Supreme 04-25-2017 09:54 AM

He is not required to talk to them at all. If they have evidence, they can arrest him. Otherwise, wait until his schedule clears up.

raybec 4 04-25-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12838249)
They are basically egging on people to try and figure out who the player is....and then they'll be outed. But it won't be their fault!

****ing worthless media.

The next article they print will say something like, this 6 foot 4, 237 lb prospect who benched 225 22 times at the combine and played his college days in xxx city will se his draft stock plummet.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-25-2017 11:31 AM

Was it the DT Brantly or something like that ?

nychief 04-25-2017 11:36 AM

http://deadspin.com/first-round-nfl-...aul-1794627303

Update: The player is Ohio State CB Gareon Conley.

kgrund 04-25-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12838496)
Was it the DT Brantly or something like that ?

Word is its is Conley, the CB from Ohio State.

staylor26 04-25-2017 11:41 AM

JFC I drafted Brantley and Conley in the CP mock

raybec 4 04-25-2017 11:42 AM

Those Ohio ho's are scandalous. They did the same shit to Zeke last year!

Beef Supreme 04-25-2017 11:45 AM

If I was a money grubbing whore who wanted a payday off a sexual assault charge, I would probably wait until the ****er got paid before filing charges.

Chiefnj2 04-25-2017 11:46 AM

What an odd story:

Gareon Conley -- a projected 1st round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft -- has been named in a police report by a woman who claims he raped her in a Cleveland hotel but he adamantly DENIES the allegations.
The 21-year-old was a superstar cornerback at Ohio State University and draft experts say he could be taken as high as #10 in the draft on Thursday.
But according to a police report filed in Cleveland, and obtained by TMZ Sports, a 23-year-old white female told police Conley violated her in a hotel suite bathroom at a Westin hotel on April 9.
According to the report, the accuser says she met Conley in a hotel elevator around 3AM and brought her back to his hotel room. She claims Conley asked her to have a foursome with another friend of his and a woman. The accuser says she declined and offered to watch the other couple have sex in the hotel room bathroom instead.
A short time later, the woman says Conley unbuttoned her pants and began to have sex with her. She claims she said, "No, stop, it hurts!" but he kept going until he finished. She says Conley then kicked her out of the hotel room.
The woman called 911 and described her assailant as a "black male who wouldn't take his sunglasses off and had an Ohio State tattoo on his left forearm."
The woman says she went to a local hospital where a rape kit was administered.
An officer tried to speak with the accuser at the hospital but she refused to do an interview. Instead, she told the cop she wanted to go home and "that her dignity was stripped from her in a matter of minutes." She refused to speak to cops after that.
As for Conley, two of his friends who were in the hotel room were interviewed by police and told cops Conley never hooked up with the woman and that she was just mad that she got kicked out of the room.
One of Conley's friends said the two had been lying on the bed together "but nothing happened."
Conley was not in the room when police arrived and his friends said they did not know where he went.
Conley's attorney spoke with Cleveland19 and denied the allegations calling the accusations "ludicrous and ridiculous."
Cops are investigating but so far no arrests have been made and no charges have been filed.
We spoke with police who tell us the results from the rape kit are not in at this point. The sex crimes unit is now on the case.

The Franchise 04-25-2017 11:49 AM

Sounds fishy as ****.

Rain Man 04-25-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12838509)
JFC I drafted Brantley and Conley in the CP mock

Did you draft Von Miller a few years ago as well?

Kiimo 04-25-2017 12:11 PM

Everything about this story sounds like BS except for the sunglasses part.

staylor26 04-25-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12838540)
Did you draft Von Miller a few years ago as well?

Didn't participate LMAO

Rooster 04-25-2017 12:34 PM

TMZ has a sports division? I had no idea.

TLO 04-25-2017 12:35 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/yl4ft.jpg

Kiimo 04-25-2017 12:45 PM

Some teams are going to get lucky...

...and not draft Conley because he's not very good.

Beef Supreme 04-25-2017 01:19 PM

But he saves more than he rapes.

Mr. Laz 04-25-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12838586)
TMZ has a sports division? I had no idea.

They even have 2 television shows, TMZ and a TMZ Sport.

raybec 4 04-25-2017 01:30 PM

I just read he will not attend the draft now, can't link from my phone for some reason.

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12838515)
If I was a money grubbing whore who wanted a payday off a sexual assault charge, I would probably wait until the ****er got paid before filing charges.

Shit, if nothing else I'd make sure to wait until after the draft to avoid the MASSIVE defamation suit that would follow.

I mean shit, if there's nothing to this and he falls to the third or 4th, you've got a $5 million suit on your hands easy.

I can't claim to have any idea at all what went down but this will demolish his draft stock. When would you be comfortable taking this kid now? 3rd comp? 4th? You can't just slam the door on this and say "eh, these claims are bullshit...", not if your livelihood depends on it. If you're an NFL GM, I'd think he'd be poison through day 2.

O.city 04-25-2017 01:34 PM

Sucks if it's not true for him, but damn I'd be out on the guy til the 4th round atleast.

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12838668)
Sucks if it's not true for him, but damn I'd be out on the guy til the 4th round atleast.

Sure seems like it should be an easy clear.

If that rape kit comes back with anything from him in it, he in trouble. Because right now his story is 'nothing happened' and if he made a deposit of any sort, that seems to blow that story right out of the water.

If it comes back without anything from him in it, I think you're good taking him in the late 2nd but I wouldn't have taken him in the 1st anyway.

raybec 4 04-25-2017 01:38 PM

Why can't these ****in kids just stay home from the combine to the draft?

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12838678)
Why can't these ****in kids just stay home from the combine to the draft?

Well....I mean....I'd need pictures first to know how critical of young Gareon I should be.

I mean, if we're talking an orgy with a 9 or better, I'm not going to be too hard on the lad.

Rain Man 04-25-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12838673)
Sure seems like it should be an easy clear.

If that rape kit comes back with anything from him in it, he in trouble. Because right now his story is 'nothing happened' and if he made a deposit of any sort, that seems to blow that story right out of the water.

If it comes back without anything from him in it, I think you're good taking him in the late 2nd but I wouldn't have taken him in the 1st anyway.

I was noticing that myself. His claim and her claim appear to have no overlap at all. This is going to be a pretty cut and dried conclusion.

Kiimo 04-25-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12838682)
if we're talking an orgy with a 9 or better, I'm not going to be too hard on the lad.

#outofcontext

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12838693)
#outofcontext

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...7f2ccc1804.gif

Rausch 04-25-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12838703)

We might have to go to the booth on that one...

DJ's left nut 04-25-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12838742)
We might have to go to the booth on that one...

I'd make some comment about the ball landing out of bounds or the tip breaking the plane here but I feel like perhaps this has gone too far...

Marcellus 04-25-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12838682)
Well....I mean....I'd need pictures first to know how critical of young Gareon I should be.

I mean, if we're talking an orgy with a 9 or better, I'm not going to be too hard on the lad.

When I am getting it on, I have the only penis allowed in the room.

Multiple vaginas OK, multiple peni, very bad. No go.

HemiEd 04-25-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12838522)
Sounds fishy as ****.

So she meets a guy in a hotel elevator at 3 in the morning, goes to his hotel room, agrees to watching another couple have sex and doesn't expect to get ****ed?
Seriously?

Frosty 04-25-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 12839045)
So she meets a guy in a hotel elevator at 3 in the morning, goes to his hotel room, agrees to watching another couple have sex and doesn't expect to get ****ed?
Seriously?

If true, definitely a bad situation to put yourself in. However, this sounds like the "she was asking for it" defense. Still no bueno.

mdchiefsfan 04-25-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12838641)
But he saves more than he rapes.

REP! Louis CK reference!

-King- 04-25-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12839143)
REP! Louis CK reference!

That's a Chappelle joke not Louis.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefs1 04-25-2017 06:04 PM

Chiefs could steal a lot of picks this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MahiMike 04-25-2017 06:05 PM

Garson Conley - who some have KC taking.

BossChief 04-25-2017 06:28 PM

Who's gonna say **** it and take all the trouble guys?

DJ's left nut 05-02-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12838689)
I was noticing that myself. His claim and her claim appear to have no overlap at all. This is going to be a pretty cut and dried conclusion.

So now Conley's lawyer is admitting that consensual sex occurred (making the previous witness statements also bullshit).

****ing Raiders, man. I still can't believe they used a 1st rounder on this guy.

staylor26 05-02-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12854518)
So now Conley's lawyer is admitting that consensual sex occurred (making the previous witness statements also bullshit).

****ing Raiders, man. I still can't believe they used a 1st rounder on this guy.

Hopefully it bites them in the ass

Also, where is Conley going to play with Smith and Amerson on the outside with big contracts? Nickel?

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2017 01:06 PM

He can't be punished for it by the NFL. Only way he's missing any game time is prison if it comes to that.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12854526)
He can't be punished for it by the NFL. Only way he's missing any game time is prison if it comes to that.

He and his boys came out and gave statements that are CLEARLY false. They immediately said that absolutely nothing happened. She was just some bitter floozy that got kicked out of the room after nothing went down.

Oh wait...there's semen in there....shit.

Some master ****ing criminals right here. "Guys, just tell them that nothing happened even though she went and had a rape swab done. Maybe you're just firing blanks and nothing will turn up..."

If there are ANY signs of trauma at all, he should be indicted. His first step out of the chute was to lie his ass off. If it turns out 'he said, she said' and the jury doesn't convict because they don't see 'beyond a reasonable doubt' here, so be it. But if there's anything on that rape kit that comes back untoward, it should damn sure go to a jury to make that determination.

Whether the NFL can do anything about it or not, taking a guy that early who, IMO, was a mid-2nd rounder anyway and then having said rookie IMMEDIATELY indicted for rape would be a catastrophic decision for Oakland.

Which is to say it's a very Oakland thing to have done.

raybec 4 05-02-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12854536)
He and his boys came out and gave statements that are CLEARLY false. They immediately said that absolutely nothing happened. She was just some bitter floozy that got kicked out of the room after nothing went down.

Oh wait...there's semen in there....shit.

Some master ****ing criminals right here. "Guys, just tell them that nothing happened even though she went and had a rape swab done. Maybe you're just firing blanks and nothing will turn up..."

If there are ANY signs of trauma at all, he should be indicted. His first step out of the chute was to lie his ass off. If it turns out 'he said, she said' and the jury doesn't convict because they don't see 'beyond a reasonable doubt' here, so be it. But if there's anything on that rape kit that comes back untoward, it should damn sure go to a jury to make that determination.

Whether the NFL can do anything about it or not, taking a guy that early who, IMO, was a mid-2nd rounder anyway and then having said rookie IMMEDIATELY indicted for rape would be a catastrophic decision for Oakland.

Which is to say it's a very Oakland thing to have done.

I can't remember how I heard it described yesterday but the lawyer said something like it was a sexual event. Made it sound like it was part of the combine or his pro day. I can hear Mike Mayock

"Conley severely under performed in the sexual event because he's a tight hipped tweener. That's going to hurt his draft stock Rich"

O.city 05-02-2017 01:18 PM

Last I saw his lawyer was saying they had consensual interaction but it wasn't sex?

The Franchise 05-02-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12854546)
Last I saw his lawyer was saying they had consensual interaction but it wasn't sex?

That's what I saw.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12854546)

That's still a change from where they started when she just got thrown out and was pissed off about it.

Moreover, it STILL doesn't get around the rape kit.

If there's nothing in that rape kit, they never even start walking this back. But it turned up something, IMO and that's why they're trying to slowly ease this back towards a consensual encounter.

What the hell puts semen in a rape kit that ISN'T sex. I don't care what kind of hose the guy is packing, overspray from a handy isn't going to go all magic bullet and just end up falling in there.

DJ's left nut 05-02-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Two witnesses, Myles Poole and Tyler Thompson, both friends of Conley, had been in the hotel room with Conley and the accuser. Poole told police that “Conley never touched her and the white girl got mad because she got kicked out of the room.” Thompson had said Conley and the accuser were on the bed together, “but nothing happened.” Now, Spellacy’s version of events given to Rapoport directly conflicts with the accounts of Poole and Thompson given to police, and with Conley’s own statement.
That's in the damn police report. So congrats, Gereon, the credibility of your witnesses has just completely evaporated. Good luck getting any jury to believe them.

And his lawyer has emphatically insisted that there was no intercourse even after walking this back.

So like I said, if that rape kit turns up anything, he should be indicted immediately.

vailpass 05-02-2017 01:31 PM

She may be gold digging slut.
She may be a lying bitch.
These things are unknown as of now.
What is surely known is that dumbass chose to put himself in this position knowing he had the draft in a couple of weeks.
That level of stupid should have made every GM run screaming regardless of whether he's guilty or not.

The Franchise 05-02-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12854574)
She may be gold digging slut.
She may be a lying bitch.
These things are unknown as of now.
What is surely known is that dumbass chose to put himself in this position knowing he had the draft in a couple of weeks.
That level of stupid should have made every GM run screaming regardless of whether he's guilty or not.

This.