ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Anybody see Lexi Thompson get totally screwed by the LPGA today? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306915)

Lex Luthor 04-02-2017 06:31 PM

Anybody see Lexi Thompson get totally screwed by the LPGA today?

I was watching this on live TV a few minutes ago. This is bullshit. They've got to change this bullshit rule.

Quote:

Leader Lexi Thompson hit with 4-stroke penalty a day later at ANA Inspiration

Cameras were rolling as then-leader Lexi Thompson was informed by a rules official that she be assessed a 4-stroke penalty Sunday during the final round of the LPGA Tour’s ANA Inspiration.

A television viewer watching a delayed version of Saturday’s third round alerted tournament officials that Thompson had placed her ball in a different spot than where she marked it before putting on the No. 17 green. That led to a retrospective 2-stroke penalty in addition to a 2-stroke penalty for signing for the wrong score after the third round.

Thompson held a 2-shot lead at 16 under when she was informed of the penalty from a day earlier while walking to the No. 14 green and suddenly trailed by two at 12 under.

She still has a chance to win the tournament despite this bullshit. She birdied the next hole (even though she was fighting back tears) and Suzanne Peterson bogied it. So in about 5 minutes she went from leading by 2, to trailing by 2, to tied for the lead.

Baby Lee 04-02-2017 06:39 PM

I blame Trump

jjchieffan 04-02-2017 06:40 PM

Sounds like BS, but I want to know more about the placement. How far off was it and how did it happen? I mean, you mark your spot, you place the ball back on that spot. How can you mess that up?

Spott 04-02-2017 06:41 PM

Does she have big thingies?

Lex Luthor 04-02-2017 06:44 PM

If anyone is wondering, there are some very good reasons to watch the LPGA.

Lex Luthor 04-02-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12806829)
Sounds like BS, but I want to know more about the placement. How far off was it and how did it happen? I mean, you mark your spot, you place the ball back on that spot. How can you mess that up?

When she marked the ball, you couldn't see the coin she marked it with. When she replaced it, you could barely see it, but you could see it.

The video can be seen here.

It's bullshit because if she's going to be penalized for something a TV watcher saw on super slow motion but nobody else detected, she should have been penalized during the round. She got penalized an extra two strokes because she signed a scorecard that was incorrect after the two stroke penalty was assessed the following day. A four-stroke penalty is ridiculous.

Lex Luthor 04-02-2017 06:53 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Viewers at home should not be officials wearing stripes. Let&#39;s go <a href="https://twitter.com/Lexi">@Lexi</a>, win this thing anyway.</p>&mdash; Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) <a href="https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/848688307244593152">April 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alpha_omega 04-02-2017 06:59 PM

So, a television viewer dropped a dime on her? And a day later???

Doesn't seem right to me.

jjchieffan 04-02-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12806834)
When she marked the ball, you couldn't see the coin she marked it with. When she replaced it, you could barely see it, but you could see it.

It's bullshit because if she's going to be penalized for something a TV watcher saw on super slow motion but nobody else detected, she should have been penalized during the round. She got penalized an extra two strokes because she signed a scorecard that was incorrect after the two stroke penalty was assessed the following day.

I agree completely. I mean, if you are assessing penalties after the fact because a viewer saw it, then the NFL would be taking away TDs because linemen were holding. That's basically the same thing. And you certainly shouldn't be penalized for signing a scorecard that was correct when she signed it.

big nasty kcnut 04-02-2017 07:20 PM

If they did that for football every chiefs fan would call about hali and justin houston being held.

O.city 04-02-2017 07:23 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZzRYMFQjk/

Baby Lee 04-02-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12806833)
If anyone is wondering, there are some very good reasons to watch the LPGA.

They golf in heels?!?!

Do their boobs still get in the way of their drives? [what ever happened to that guy?]

Rain Man 04-02-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12806891)

What am I not understanding? She put a marker down, picked up the ball, then put it right back down. Why did she do that? I thought you only put the marker down when someone else was taking a shot farther out.

listopencil 04-02-2017 08:18 PM

She lost.

TambaBerry 04-02-2017 09:02 PM

I'm not even sure if it was in a different spot, but what a douche bag that emailed them about it. Seriously that person lives a sad life.

TLO 04-02-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 12806883)
If they did that for football every chiefs fan would call about hali and justin houston being held.

C H U E F S

Lex Luthor 04-02-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12807006)
I'm not even sure if it was in a different spot, but what a douche bag that emailed them about it. Seriously that person lives a sad life.

I think it was Hootie.

Lex Luthor 04-02-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12806930)
What am I not understanding? She put a marker down, picked up the ball, then put it right back down. Why did she do that? I thought you only put the marker down when someone else was taking a shot farther out.

She was about to tap it in, and then decided to take more time. She marked it, picked it up, turned it slightly so that the writing on the ball would be parallel to her putting line, and put it back down.

I've got to think the LPGA and the PGA have to change the rule on this. Once the day is over, the scores that have been recorded should be official. She won that tournament by 4 strokes and wound up officially coming in second.

thebrad84 04-02-2017 10:05 PM

Beyond ridiculous. No reason to make that a four stroke penalty.

Baby Lee 04-02-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12807087)
She was about to tap it in, and then decided to take more time. She marked it, picked it up, turned it slightly so that the writing on the ball would be parallel to her putting line, and put it back down.

I've got to think the LPGA and the PGA have to change the rule on this. Once the day is over, the scores that have been recorded should be official. She won that tournament by 4 strokes and wound up officially coming in second.

As an admitted outsider, I think the difficulty lies in the signing of the scoresheet being an old-fashioned matter of honor. It's a little bit of masochism injected into the sport for tradition and grace. But it's also notoriously unforgiving.

Didn't someone on the men's tour lose a major a couple years ago when he realized a scoresheet error and self-reported?

tk13 04-02-2017 10:18 PM

Just saw this on ESPN. Who do people call when they watch this stuff on TV and turn golfers in? There's no other sport like that.

O.city 04-02-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12806930)

They're interpreting she put it in a different spot than she marked.

Buehler445 04-02-2017 10:44 PM

I gotta give her some credit. She handled that way way better than I ever would.

I'd have lost my shit.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12806844)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Viewers at home should not be officials wearing stripes. Let&#39;s go <a href="https://twitter.com/Lexi">@Lexi</a>, win this thing anyway.</p>&mdash; Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) <a href="https://twitter.com/TigerWoods/status/848688307244593152">April 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol...testimony of a busted cheater for the same reason. I saw the video, she put the ball down in the wrong place. It was a proper call. Too bad she didn't call the penalty on herself. You live and you learn. She'll mark and place the ball properly next time.

jd1020 04-03-2017 12:51 AM

Heard her interview saying that she had no idea she hadn't placed the ball in the improper spot and to penalize her a day later because of a ****ing TV viewer is bullshit. Then to penalize her 2 more strokes for signing the card after officials didn't catch it right then and there is just beyond my comprehension.

jd1020 04-03-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12807006)

She puts it back down like a quarter length of the golf ball off where it lied. I'm sure that changed the entire outcome of the putt.

I'm curious to know if you magnified and slowmo'd every single player that marked their ball and picked it up, how many of those players placed it back down in the EXACT location, not even 1 mm off?

Gonzo 04-03-2017 03:54 AM

She can place my balls anywhere she'd like as long as she chokes up on my putter.

The Franchise 04-03-2017 04:53 AM

If the officials didn't catch it that day....then to ****ing bad.

srvy 04-03-2017 05:38 AM

It's a Gentleman's sport. Oh wait.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Kman34 04-03-2017 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12807211)
She puts it back down like a quarter length of the golf ball off where it lied. I'm sure that changed the entire outcome of the putt.

I'm curious to know if you magnified and slowmo'd every single player that marked their ball and picked it up, how many of those players placed it back down in the EXACT location, not even 1 mm off?

This.. you can't put the ball back exactly where it was... I bet it happens all the time...

lawrenceRaider 04-03-2017 06:39 AM

One more thing to hate about golf. That's fu cking re tarded.

crayzkirk 04-03-2017 06:45 AM

As was noted on the Golf Channel, this is really unfair because most of the field isn't even on TV. The leaders are shown much more often than any of the other players. If this is to be allowed, then every shot, placement, etc. of every player must be shown on TV.

Probably some 30+ year old living in Mom's basement and can't get a date. I'm sure Lexi would like to meet him and let him know how much she appreciates his input into her career.

Sad. Lots of the rules of golf make sense however most of them simply don't.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 07:17 AM

you guys are missing the point. in golf the person that is most responsible for playing by the rules is the golfer. All this s*** about a TV viewer what other golfers do doesn't matter. it only matters what she did in the moment. She put the ball down clearly away from the marker. What I'm hearing from the golfer is that she does this all the time because she said she didn't notice. b*******. She knew where she put that ball down and she got penalized for it like she should have. These are the rules of golf, specifically championship tournament golf.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 12807260)
This.. you can't put the ball back exactly where it was... I bet it happens all the time...

You can put the ball back exactly where it was that's the whole point of marking it. golf didn't used to be that way because one could stymie other golfers.

Lex Luthor 04-03-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807202)
lol...testimony of a busted cheater for the same reason. I saw the video, she put the ball down in the wrong place. It was a proper call. Too bad she didn't call the penalty on herself. You live and you learn. She'll mark and place the ball properly next time.

If the call had been made at the time, you could argue it was the proper call, even though it was completely inconsequential and had no effect on anything. It was a ****ing tap-in.

But the LPGA waited until 24 hours later and THEN they penalized her because some douchebag television viewer sent a ****ing email to the LPGA to bitch about it. And on top of that they penalized her ANOTHER two strokes for signing a scorecard that was 100% correct when she signed it. THAT is where this situation became the ultimate cluster****.

She beat the field by 4 strokes in a major tournament and had the tournament stolen from her. The douchebag who sent the email undoubtedly shot a load in his pants over this. It's the highlight of his miserable life. Hopefully he will get AIDS and die.

The PGA and the LPGA should just state flat out that they won't respond to rules infractions "detected" by television viewers. That would solve this problem immediately.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-03-2017 07:27 AM

Garbage "sport" (it's not one)

philfree 04-03-2017 07:33 AM

Who ever sent the email probably didn't have Lexi on their fantasy team or maybe they were related to one of the other players. It's a bogus call to be made almost 24 hrs later. IMO once the clock strikes midnight it should be too late to make such a call. That and every single shot of every single player goes under video review if they are going to allow replay to call penalties. Lexi got jobbed.

ClevelandBronco 04-03-2017 07:40 AM

Nothing wrong with cheating at pro sports as long as you figure in the cost of getting caught on occasion.

MahiMike 04-03-2017 08:12 AM

I watch every tournament - mens, womens, college, etc. I was so pissed last night I turned it off in disgust.

What other sport allows a fan to post something - A FRICKING DAY LATER - and penalize them - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FINAL ROUND OF A MAJOR!

IT'S INSANE!

She handled it way better than I could have. I would have stormed off the course and called my attorney.

Bowser 04-03-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807280)
you guys are missing the point. in golf the person that is most responsible for playing by the rules is the golfer. All this s*** about a TV viewer what other golfers do doesn't matter. it only matters what she did in the moment. She put the ball down clearly away from the marker. What I'm hearing from the golfer is that she does this all the time because she said she didn't notice. b*******. She knew where she put that ball down and she got penalized for it like she should have. These are the rules of golf, specifically championship tournament golf.

Bullshit. She didn't Judge Smails the ball and boot it out of the rough with her foot, she set it down literally a fraction of an inch from where she picked it up. The difference in spot was so incredibly miniscule that the ONLY way anybody noticed was after some hyper obsessed fan paused and slo-mo'd the spot over and over until he was sure she cheated, then he emails the LPGA because Lexi likely wasn't on his fantasy golf women's team.

Lexi got ****ed, plain and simple, by a process that should never have merit in the first place.

vailpass 04-03-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12807329)
Bullshit. She didn't Judge Smails the ball and boot it out of the rough with her foot, she set it down literally a fraction of an inch from where she picked it up. The difference in spot was so incredibly miniscule that the ONLY way anybody noticed was after some hyper obsessed fan paused and slo-mo'd the spot over and over until he was sure she cheated, then he emails the LPGA because Lexi likely wasn't on his fantasy gold women's team.

Lexi got ****ed, plain and simple, by a process that should never have merit in the first place.

You must get some really good naps.

MahiMike 04-03-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12807087)

THIS! This is exactly what I said last night.

Cheating happens in every sport. Bad calls happen in every sport. But once the play is over - it's fricking over! If no official said anything after that hole was over, too bad.

I can see penalizing/disqualifying for an incorrect scorecard. But if you had no clue your score was incorrect, it's not your fault.

This whole thing is like me calling in today about a play I saw where Tom Brady stepped out of bounds during the Super Bowl and it wasn't called. Let's just change the outcome.

So stupid.

lawrenceRaider 04-03-2017 08:39 AM

Any "sport" where having the ball moved that tiny amount anywhere on the field costs a penalty that severe is officially a joke.

Bowser 04-03-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12807330)
You must get some really good naps.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/a5/a5d29...ad6d0285e1.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 04-03-2017 08:49 AM

You watch women's golf, so you must sleep well during the afternoon.

Bowser 04-03-2017 08:49 AM

And does anyone really think she did that to give herself some tactical advantage with the putt, or was the 1/8th of an inch movement just a mistake?

Bowser 04-03-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12807363)
You watch women's golf, so you must sleep well during the afternoon.

LMAO

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte.../reference.gif

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-03-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12807364)
And does anyone really think she did that to give herself some tactical advantage with the putt, or was the 1/8th of an inch movement just a mistake?

Saw somewhere that she's one of those idiots who has to line up the logo for every putt. Probably just ****ed it up not thinking about it. I understand 2-strokes for the action, but the 2-stroke scorecard penalty is dumb as ****.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12807329)
Bullshit. She didn't Judge Smails the ball and boot it out of the rough with her foot, she set it down literally a fraction of an inch from where she picked it up.

Both situations you describe are a violation of the rules of golf.

This is the USGA rule 20-3 on the subject:

"If a ball to be replaced is placed other than on the spot from which it was lifted or moved and the error is not corrected as provided in Rule 20-6, the player incurs the general penalty, loss of hole in match play or two strokes in stroke play, for a breach of the applicable Rule."

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12807364)

Only she could answer that. I have marked thousands of golf balls on greens, and you know if you are improving yourself when you place the ball.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 12807402)
Saw somewhere that she's one of those idiots who has to line up the logo for every putt. Probably just ****ed it up not thinking about it. I understand 2-strokes for the action, but the 2-stroke scorecard penalty is dumb as ****.

Again, it's the rules. Technically she should have been disqualified. The LPGA might approach it different, but in Golf tournament play, she would have been DQ'ed.

6-6. Scoring in Stroke Play

a. Recording Scores
After each hole the marker should check the score with the competitor and record it. On completion of the round the marker must sign the score card and hand it to the competitor. If more than one marker records the scores, each must sign for the part for which he is responsible.

b. Signing and Returning Score Card
After completion of the round, the competitor should check his score for each hole and settle any doubtful points with the Committee. He must ensure that the marker or markers have signed the score card, sign the score card himself and return it to the Committee as soon as possible.

Penalty for Breach of Rule 6-6b:

Disqualification.

c. Alteration of Score Card
No alteration may be made on a score card after the competitor has returned it to the Committee.

d. Wrong Score for Hole
The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified. If he returns a score for any hole higher than actually taken, the score as returned stands.

kstater 04-03-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807479)
Only she could answer that. I have marked thousands of golf balls on greens, and you know if you are improving yourself when you place the ball.

Here's the crux of it to me. Golf is supposed to be self regulated. She didn't see a change in spot. Hell, I can't tell even in slow motion. So why the hell does some hacker sitting on a couch get to call it the next day.
I've marked thousands of balls as well. Is it likely that I've been off a few hundredths an inch in placing the ball back? Duh

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RippedmyFlesh 04-03-2017 10:42 AM

If they did this in the nfl their email server would crash.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-03-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807482)
Again, it's the rules. Technically she should have been disqualified. The LPGA might approach it different, but in Golf tournament play, she would have been DQ'ed.

6-6. Scoring in Stroke Play

a. Recording Scores
After each hole the marker should check the score with the competitor and record it. On completion of the round the marker must sign the score card and hand it to the competitor. If more than one marker records the scores, each must sign for the part for which he is responsible.

b. Signing and Returning Score Card
After completion of the round, the competitor should check his score for each hole and settle any doubtful points with the Committee. He must ensure that the marker or markers have signed the score card, sign the score card himself and return it to the Committee as soon as possible.

Penalty for Breach of Rule 6-6b:

Disqualification.

c. Alteration of Score Card
No alteration may be made on a score card after the competitor has returned it to the Committee.

d. Wrong Score for Hole
The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified. If he returns a score for any hole higher than actually taken, the score as returned stands.

I believe the rule was changed last year eliminating the DQ and assessing a 2 stroke penalty.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor (Post 12807285)
If the call had been made at the time, you could argue it was the proper call, even though it was completely inconsequential and had no effect on anything. It was a ****ing tap-in.

maybe, but it's the rules

But the LPGA waited until 24 hours later and THEN they penalized her because some douchebag television viewer sent a ****ing email to the LPGA to bitch about it. And on top of that they penalized her ANOTHER two strokes for signing a scorecard that was 100% correct when she signed it. THAT is where this situation became the ultimate cluster****.

She should have called a penalty on herself, but she missed it, mistakes happen. Because she failed to call the penalty on herself once she picked up her marker, she turned in an incorrect score card, which is another mistake.
This is a gentlemen's game and we expect ethical conduct. This isn't football.

She beat the field by 4 strokes in a major tournament and had the tournament stolen from her. The douchebag who sent the email undoubtedly shot a load in his pants over this. It's the highlight of his miserable life. Hopefully he will get AIDS and die.

She has no one but herself to blame, she cheated and got caught

The PGA and the LPGA should just state flat out that they won't respond to rules infractions "detected" by television viewers. That would solve this problem immediately.

Golf belongs to the public, not the PGA or LPGA. So, I don't have a problem with it.

in bold

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12807486)
I believe the rule was changed last year eliminating the DQ and assessing a 2 stroke penalty.

I am quoting USGA rules that are current. The PGS or LPGA might slight differ in their rules, but generally they are the same.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-03-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807487)
in bold

I think it's a stretch to say what seems to be an innocent mistake is "unethical" and "cheating".

Mosbonian 04-03-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807479)

You are defending the person who tattle so diligently that one would wonder if you are the tattler.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 12807483)
Here's the crux of it to me. Golf is supposed to be self regulated. She didn't see a change in spot. Hell, I can't tell even in slow motion. So why the hell does some hacker sitting on a couch get to call it the next day.
I've marked thousands of balls as well. Is it likely that I've been off a few hundredths an inch in placing the ball back? Duh

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

:) Then place the ball better. When I looked at her placement it seemed clearly off to me. So I would disagree that it was way more than a fraction of an inch.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 12807493)
You are defending the person who tattle so diligently that one would wonder if you are the tattler.

It doesn't matter who reported it. These are the rules of the game. It's funny to me that we have a person that was caught cheating and everybody want to poo poo the person that reported it. Remember that the next time you want to nail Jesus to the cross.

lawrenceRaider 04-03-2017 10:51 AM

Golf dorks trying to justify the 4 stroke penalty should be ashamed of themselves.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12807491)
I think it's a stretch to say what seems to be an innocent mistake is "unethical" and "cheating".

Breaking the rules is unethical and cheating by definition. It's doesn't matter if you cross the line by and inch or by a mile.

lawrenceRaider 04-03-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807496)
It doesn't matter who reported it. These are the rules of the game. It's funny to me that we have a person that was caught cheating and everybody want to poo poo the person that reported it. Remember that the next time you want to nail Jesus to the cross.

Who would ever play golf if what she did is considered cheating? What a stupid rule.

BlackHelicopters 04-03-2017 10:52 AM

Lexi got screwed? Video please.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 12807499)
Who would ever play golf if what she did is considered cheating? What a stupid rule.

Then maybe golf isn't the game for you, dude.

The Franchise 04-03-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807496)

Let me know when I can e-mail an official after a game has been played and they punish the team after the fact.

Dayze 04-03-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 12807500)
Lexi got screwed? Video please.

LMAO

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12807503)
Let me know when I can e-mail an official after a game has been played and they punish the team after the fact.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Buehler445 04-03-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 12807498)
Breaking the rules is unethical and cheating by definition. It's doesn't matter if you cross the line by and inch or by a mile.

Donko Bitch **** fan lecturing Chiefs fans on the ethics of cheating.

You can't make this shit up folks.

Dayze 04-03-2017 11:00 AM

I haven't played golf in probably 10 years, and even then, I was god awful at it. But, I used to play with my nephew who was equally as bad. We met up for one round, and I asked what she shot and he said something like 90. Well...I was way worse than that. So, we're playing, and I keep seeing him moving his ball after almost every lie. I asked what he was doing and he said something to the effect of "oh, as long as you don't improve your position, you can move your ball".

is that right? I didn't have the energy to argue with him at the time and never really followed up. but every time I hear him to this day talking about his golf score, I think to myself "Bullshit". lol

Fish 04-03-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

The point is that she didn't knowingly break the rules. Which means she didn't knowingly turn in an incorrect score card. I understand that the technicalities make this a correct decision. But that doesn't mean it's reasonable. The prevailing public view is that she got screwed over by rules and the way it was enforced.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2017 11:12 AM

If it had been noted by an official and not some scrub at home, it would have been a righteous penalty. As is, it's like assessing a penalty a quarter after the infraction and taking points off the board in a football game.

Fish 04-03-2017 11:28 AM

This sets a rather dangerous precedent for golf in general. What's to stop people from going over other past golf tournaments and finding little mistakes like this? That could be quite a can of worms....

mikeyis4dcats. 04-03-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

so I'm sure you've never offered advice to another person on the course?

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-03-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12807537)
This sets a rather dangerous precedent for golf in general. What's to stop people from going over other past golf tournaments and finding little mistakes like this? That could be quite a can of worms....

This has been happening for 30 years, most famously when someone called in a violation on Craig Stadler for putting a towel down to hit a recovery shot from his knees so his pants wouldn't get wet.

TimeForWasp 04-03-2017 11:38 AM

She makes my balls move a little bit.

Shag 04-03-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12807537)

Once a tournament is over, no further adjustments can be made. So, if this loser had been watching Sunday's round today and seen this, there would have been no retroactive penalty. Yet another reason this is ****ed up.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12807518)
The point is that she didn't knowingly break the rules. Which means she didn't knowingly turn in an incorrect score card. I understand that the technicalities make this a correct decision. But that doesn't mean it's reasonable. The prevailing public view is that she got screwed over by rules and the way it was enforced.

I disagree that she didn't knowingly break the rules. The rules of the golf tourney are the responsibility of each contestant. Maybe the enforcement wasn't correct and I am sure the LPGA is discussing that today, but whether the ruling came down yesterday or a week from now, it doesn't chang ethe fact that she broke the rules.

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12807523)
If it had been noted by an official and not some scrub at home, it would have been a righteous penalty. As is, it's like assessing a penalty a quarter after the infraction and taking points off the board in a football game.

This isn't football. Why apply the same approach to football that you apply to golf?

Garcia Bronco 04-03-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12807540)
so I'm sure you've never offered advice to another person on the course?

I have as a caddie and in friendly practice rounds, but never in a tournament. It's against the rules in single stroke play, but in a two-man event, it is allowed between me and my playing partner.