ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music METALLICA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306760)

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-23-2017 01:28 AM

METALLICA

Anyone else going to see them in concert this year?

bsroyals54 03-23-2017 01:39 AM

Nono they stop being relevant after the year of 1992 I believe

Nickhead 03-23-2017 02:39 AM

thanksgiving night, kemper arena was last time for me... enter sandman.. great concert.

but that was 25 years ago :D

Coochie liquor 03-23-2017 03:44 AM

No, but I've got my tix to see Long Beach Dub Allstars next month. I'm ****ing pumped!! Never thought I'd get the chance to see them, cuz they split many years ago. But I'm a month away from the show now!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NKBlvc_bN2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ottawa_chiefs_fan 03-23-2017 05:03 AM

July 16th in Toronto - first time ever - with my son - counting the days...."stopped being relevent" - **** off.

KCUnited 03-23-2017 05:09 AM

Sponsored by Buick and Efferdent.

Pushead2 03-23-2017 06:02 AM

You bet your sweet dick I am.

I have tickets for MetLife & Nassau and I'm stoked.

rico 03-23-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12794187)
No, but I've got my tix to see Long Beach Dub Allstars next month. I'm ****ing pumped!! Never thought I'd get the chance to see them, cuz they split many years ago. But I'm a month away from the show now!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NKBlvc_bN2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Long Beach Dub All Stars!!

rico 03-23-2017 06:13 AM

I'll be seeing Tears for Fears and Hall and Oates in St. Louis in May.

Dayze 03-23-2017 06:24 AM

I have a 25 year old kid at work who said Metallica was lame, and of course the standard & tired "they haven't done anything good since Master of Puppets" bullshit. I said I disagreed 100%, and he said their sound was dated, so I asked what sound he liked, and he said - I shit you not - Five Finger Death Punch & Volbeat.

LMAO
LMAO

Metallica has more talent and rock in their pinky fingers than most bands all together.
For ****s sake, they've been around since, what, 1981?
The only, ONLY, stuff I didn't care for of theirs was St. Anger. and really, that was almost entirely due to how the album was mixed. I absolutely hated the snare drum on that album. But the music itself I didn't mind.

"Irrelevant"
LMAO.

bevischief 03-23-2017 06:45 AM

Not yet. Been about 20 yrs.

DC.chief 03-23-2017 06:45 AM

Man I use to love Metallica but I don't care for any of their new stuff. My taste in metal has changed since I first heard them though. I mean... I use to listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit

Then I got older and discovered bands like Opeth, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Burn the Priest/Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, August Burns Red, Mors Principium Est.. the list goes on

After listening to stuff like this....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1KPqet74EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I forgot all about Metallica

Lzen 03-23-2017 07:18 AM

Metallica is alright. They were one of my favorite bands in the 80s. Anyone who says they weren't relative after Master of Puppets is an idiot. And Justice For All is a great album. I loved the black album when it came out but over the years I don't care for it as much as the earlier ones. When Metallica tried to become alternative in the mid 90s when that genre was at it's peak, I was turned off by them. Load and Reload are okay albums, not great, kinda meh. St. Anger was garbage. I liked Death Magnetic and the new album but it still doesn't feel like the original Metallica. Or maybe my tastes have changed that much over the years.

Spott 03-23-2017 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsroyals54 (Post 12794172)
Nono they stop being relevant after the year of 1989 I believe

FYP

Dayze 03-23-2017 07:29 AM

Lzen, that's pretty much my take to a T.

HUGE fan back in the day, and still like listening to them often. I like a few things here and there off of Load and Reload, but mostly I listen to Black and earlier albums. St. Anger was.....I'm not even sure what they were trying to do there. Death Magnetic was pretty good. I really like their new one.

Easy 6 03-23-2017 07:31 AM

Got to see them twice on the MoP tour, I prefer to remember them that way

PunkinDrublic 03-23-2017 09:14 AM

A couple of my buddies flew down to Mexico City for 4 days and saw them in concert. From their FB live posts it was a good show.

big nasty kcnut 03-23-2017 09:20 AM

Going to see them in june with my brother. Also f you about them not being good. St .Anger was ok.

lawrenceRaider 03-23-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794234)
Lzen, that's pretty much my take to a T.

HUGE fan back in the day, and still like listening to them often. I like a few things here and there off of Load and Reload, but mostly I listen to Black and earlier albums. St. Anger was.....I'm not even sure what they were trying to do there. Death Magnetic was pretty good. I really like their new one.

I really don't care for the new one all that much, but at least it sounds somewhat like Metallica, or at least a cousin of Metallica. Much better than anything else they've done in over 25 years. Load through Death Magnetic is garbage. I recently found a new appreciation for the Black album after getting burned out on it. Still like Kill 'em All the best out of all the albums.

I won't be wasting any money on seeing them again. Am going to see Maiden at the Sprint Center in July.

Omaha 03-23-2017 09:53 AM

I would rather swim in vomit

Chief_For_Life58 03-23-2017 10:19 AM

jjj - you berimbolo'ing anyone these days?

rico 03-23-2017 10:31 AM

This is probably a guilty pleasure, but I liked that song "Frantic" on the St. Anger album...

rico 03-23-2017 10:32 AM

Saw Metallica at Lollapalooza a few years ago. They were great!

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-23-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12794219)
Man I use to love Metallica but I don't care for any of their new stuff. My taste in metal has changed since I first heard them though. I mean... I use to listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit

Then I got older and discovered bands like Opeth, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me, Periphery, Burn the Priest/Lamb of God, Scar Symmetry, August Burns Red, Mors Principium Est.. the list goes on

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1KPqet74EI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do you like Blind Guardian?

alpha_omega 03-23-2017 11:42 AM

Nah...if it was free, i would consider it...but otherwise no.

For a little history review.....probably seen them a few times over the years. I will say that my experience with Metallica has been both good and bad.

Monsters of Rock...worst Metallica set i've ever seen. All i could hear was the reverb off the concrete in Arrowhead.

GnR/Metallica....best Metallica set i've ever seen. How in the hell was GnR the headliner?

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

ooooof coooourse.

Can't have metal with out that shitty, guttural "singer".

Same problem i have with nearly all Metal bands. The guitar/drums are excellent, and then like clockwork, here comes that same shitty ass grunting from the lead singer to come and cock the whole thing up.

I've never heard of Opeth. I clicked play and heard EXACTLY what i thought i'd hear. Same ol', same ol' metal recipe.

This is why Metallica is iconic and bands like Opeth will never matter to anyone aside from pure metal-heads.

Guys like Corey Taylor and James Hetfield are rare birds that are able to transcend that guttural metal sound and create something that weaves between metal and melodic rock, which is something that most of these metal bands are unable to do, thus limiting them to only Metal-heads, and ultimately, making them all sound the ****ing same.

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:09 PM

Singing while inhaling to create that shitty sound they ALL do with their voices....god....i just wish that whole style would die in a fire. It's so irritating and they all sound the ****ing same. Doesn't sound good at all. Don't even know wtf he's saying....might as well not even say anything. They just gay up the actual musicians in the band.

Most of these Metal bands would be far better served not having a front man at all.

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794213)
and he said their sound was dated, so I asked what sound he liked, and he said - I shit you not - Five Finger Death Punch & Volbeat.

what a limp-dicked one who sucks the penis.

DC.chief 03-23-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12794492)

Damn, good pull. Yeah I definitely do but you know I haven't really listened to them in a while. I know what i'm playing on the ride home today

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794614)
ooooof coooourse.

Same problem i have with nearly all Metal bands. The guitar/drums are excellent, and then like clockwork, here comes that same shitty ass grunting from the lead singer to come and cock the whole thing up.

I've never heard of Opeth. I clicked play and heard EXACTLY what i thought i'd hear. Same ol', same ol' metal recipe.

Death metal singers are a dime a dozen but in his prime Mikael's growls were some of the best.

Also, from what I hear they don't really use a lot of death metal vocals anymore. They're all 70's prog nerds and their music has changed a lot to reflect that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LhqijfqecvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

This is why Metallica is iconic and bands like Opeth will never matter to anyone aside from pure metal-heads.
lol who gives a shit? they've still sold millions of albums and are insanely successful, especially outside the states.

KCUnited 03-23-2017 01:19 PM

Everyone would benefit from not being able to understand metal lyrics. They're ****ing metal lyrics. Read a song, any song, they're dumb as shit, so who cares if they're legible. I get not liking gutteral vocals, but they're just another sound for effect. No ones trying to articulate some profound point with that style. And Corey Taylor wore a ****ing gay ass mask for christs sake.

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794213)
of course the standard & tired "they haven't done anything good since Master of Puppets" bullshit.

Of course. The most played out, overused cliche in all of music.

When someone uses that well over-used line, it tells me one thing: This person doesn't ACTUALLY listen to Metallica, and they probably have never even listened to Master of Puppets.

It's the same ****ing line that every ignant pleb uses and it's a dead giveaway that said person has no ****ing idea wtf they're talking about.

Dayze 03-23-2017 01:22 PM

anytime I hear that, lack of a better term here, gutteral death metal sound, I think of that animated video. ....I can't remember the name of it, but it's something to do with Batman and Murder....or like a Mermaid and Murder.

so whenever I hear metal....I think of that awesome animated vid and laugh. so it's hard to take seriously for me lol.

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12794638)
Everyone would benefit from not being able to understand metal lyrics. They're ****ing metal lyrics. Read a song, any song, they're dumb as shit, so who cares if they're legible. I get not liking gutteral vocals, but they're just another sound for effect. No ones trying to articulate some profound point with that style. And Corey Taylor wore a ****ing gay ass mask for christs sake.

Who gives a shit what Corey Taylor wears....we're talking about rock musicians....Metal guys that wear black mascara and their sister's black skinny jeans....

And if that guttural aids sound is just another sound, then these bands are far better served omitting that sound. They completely ruin the song.

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794648)
anytime I hear that, lack of a better term here, gutteral death metal sound, I think of that animated video. ....I can't remember the name of it, but it's something to do with Batman and Murder....or like a Mermaid and Murder.

so whenever I hear metal....I think of that awesome animated vid and laugh. so it's hard to take seriously for me lol.

That was Metalocalypse. The shows pretty much pokes fun at metal and how seriously a lot of bands in the genre take themselves.

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:30 PM

Also, Devin Townsend is pretty much the best thing going in metal music. It has the riffs and atmosphere of metal music but also great for people who hate growling vocals.

Here's him performing one of my favorite songs. It isn't just him, he has a band but I don't know where they are.

He just ****ing rules so much.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nubJjB95VdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 03-23-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794654)
Who gives a shit what Corey Taylor wears....we're talking about rock musicians....Metal guys that wear black mascara and their sister's black skinny jeans....

And if that guttural aids sound is just another sound, then these bands are far better served omitting that sound. They completely ruin the song.

Because it gays up the actual musicians in the band.

Again, I get not liking them, but that style of vocal has been around since the 80s and has outlasted butt rock, outlasted grunge, and will be around after Metallica. Not everyone in metal is trying to be a rock star and make beautiful music.

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:33 PM

In my search for something new to listen to i came up on these guys.

Probably not new to you guys, but this shit is pretty dope.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1LZ99QeDDnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 01:34 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j9sIUUsDkY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Apparently it's a new band and this is their first album?

Dayze 03-23-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794645)

When someone uses that well over-used line, it tells me one thing: This person doesn't ACTUALLY listen to Metallica, and they probably have never even listened to Master of Puppets.

It's the same ****ing line that every ignant pleb uses and it's a dead giveaway that said person has no ****ing idea wtf they're talking about.

I agree.
For me, it's like this. I played guitar for hours and hours a day for many years, and mostly just played along with Metallica albums. after probably, say 5 years....I sort of grew tired of playing that style, and then developed a interest in Hendrix, SRV, Tedeschi, finger style guitar, and overall more blues / groove type stuff.

So, when people say Metallica sucks, they haven't done anything since "X" album....I'm thinking...dude, I played that style of music exclusively for 5 years and got sick of it/bored. Metallica has been doing it since, what, 1981? By the time Black came out, they were probably a little bored with it too and wanted to branch out a bit and explore new sounds. By Load and Re Load - and after that HUGE Black album tour - they were probably even more bored/tired of it. I just can't imagine playing music like Blackened, Metal Militia, , Dyers Eve, Damage Inc....for 30 + years lol.

So from my POV, although I REALLY liked Kille Em All through Black; I enjoyed everything post black too. Maybe not as much as I did the earlier stuff, but I didn't classify it as "suck". If St. Anger was mixed/produced better, I'd probably like it alot more than I do. I just can't get over the tingy snare drum sound that seems to be at the very forefront of the mix. It's like he changed snare drums for that album (i don't know alot about drums). ...so not sure if it was the drum, or the mix...but that album made my ears hurt from a sonic perspective.

Dayze 03-23-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 12794661)
That was Metalocalypse. The shows pretty much pokes fun at metal and how seriously a lot of bands in the genre take themselves.

yep, that rings a bell.

it was glorious.

Chromatic 03-23-2017 01:36 PM

A friend of mine on FB turned me onto Sumerlands like 6 months ago. The singer sounds a lot like Ozzy and the music has a real 80's vibe to it.

It's not something I'll listen to a lot, but I like their music and wish them a bunch of success.

DC.chief 03-23-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794627)
Singing while inhaling to create that shitty sound they ALL do with their voices....god....i just wish that whole style would die in a fire. It's so irritating and they all sound the ****ing same. Doesn't sound good at all. Don't even know wtf he's saying....might as well not even say anything. They just gay up the actual musicians in the band.

Most of these Metal bands would be far better served not having a front man at all.

Guess this means we can't be friends? Mikael Akerfeldt growls are a thing of beauty man! Some of his vocals give me chills. I get it though. Growling is an acquired taste. It's difficult to do too and if done incorrectly it can severely damage vocal cords so I respect those that can. I can actually understand most of the lyrics too. You kind of develop an ear for it the more you listen to that type of stuff. There's plenty of "clean" vocal music out there that you can't understand either.

You enjoy your Metallica. I'll enjoy my growls.

lawrenceRaider 03-23-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12794492)

Blind Guardian is awesome.

ToxSocks 03-23-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 12794698)
Guess this means we can't be friends? Mikael Akerfeldt growls are a thing of beauty man! Some of his vocals give me chills. I get it though. Growling is an acquired taste. It's difficult to do too and if done incorrectly it can severely damage vocal cords so I respect those that can. I can actually understand most of the lyrics too. You kind of develop an ear for it the more you listen to that type of stuff. There's plenty of "clean" vocal music out there that you can't understand either.

You enjoy your Metallica. I'll enjoy my growls.

We can be friends....until those mother****ers start growling...then we can't be friends anymore. LMAO

It just irritated the ever living shit out of me. Im always looking for new music.

I'll come across a band...."Hey the cover art looks sick. These guys certainly look the part. **Pushes play. The guitar, drum & bass kick in, nodding my head** yeah this is dope"

Then all of a sudden here comes the singer....

"BLAAAAH UUUUUUUHHHHH BLLLLAAAAAAH"

http://i.imgur.com/QxAEpH3.jpg

"Godamnit! ****! They had to RUIN it AGAIN!"

/click

lawrenceRaider 03-23-2017 02:07 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/99pI_HTU0P8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lawrenceRaider 03-23-2017 02:08 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8bIgI5Eyock" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 03-23-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12794676)
I agree.
For me, it's like this. I played guitar for hours and hours a day for many years, and mostly just played along with Metallica albums. after probably, say 5 years....I sort of grew tired of playing that style, and then developed a interest in Hendrix, SRV, Tedeschi, finger style guitar, and overall more blues / groove type stuff.

So, when people say Metallica sucks, they haven't done anything since "X" album....I'm thinking...dude, I played that style of music exclusively for 5 years and got sick of it/bored. Metallica has been doing it since, what, 1981? By the time Black came out, they were probably a little bored with it too and wanted to branch out a bit and explore new sounds. By Load and Re Load - and after that HUGE Black album tour - they were probably even more bored/tired of it. I just can't imagine playing music like Blackened, Metal Militia, , Dyers Eve, Damage Inc....for 30 + years lol.

So from my POV, although I REALLY liked Kille Em All through Black; I enjoyed everything post black too. Maybe not as much as I did the earlier stuff, but I didn't classify it as "suck". If St. Anger was mixed/produced better, I'd probably like it alot more than I do. I just can't get over the tingy snare drum sound that seems to be at the very forefront of the mix. It's like he changed snare drums for that album (i don't know alot about drums). ...so not sure if it was the drum, or the mix...but that album made my ears hurt from a sonic perspective.

Couldnt agree more that people shouldnt blame long lived bands for experimenting with their style/sound, they get bored doing the same old thing just like the rest of us

By nature, artists need to experiment to keep themselves interested in what they're doing

bsroyals54 03-23-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

(0peth)

Check out a project band called Ayreon, Into the Electric Castle and The Dream Sequencer are terrific rock albums, I highly recommend if you like Opeth and Dream Theater, and other prog metal bands. I can't go back.

DMAC 03-23-2017 02:36 PM

Man I still love the first 3. Always will.

These guys get me pretty fired up like those old albums did:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R2qnk1qGSKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 03-23-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 12794768)
Man I still love the first 3. Always will.

These guys get me pretty fired up like those old albums did:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R2qnk1qGSKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Power Trip put on a great show too. Saw them earlier this month.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-23-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12794638)

Try listening to the lyrics of just about any AC/DC song.

Legendary riffs but the lyrics are mierda.

Deberg_1990 03-23-2017 03:41 PM

Obligatory "They have sucked since Cliff Burton died" comment....

Easy 6 03-23-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12794827)

Haha, well those guys never claimed to be trying to reinvent the wheel... but at least Bon Scotts lyrics were cheeky and full of wit

Brian Johnson, not so much

MTG#10 03-23-2017 03:45 PM

Since this thread isn't about Metallica (**** Lars Ulrich) anymore and all about random band videos:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PjKI_U9ENwU" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Dayze 03-23-2017 04:38 PM

I like some of the death metal stuff when I hear it for the first times. I'm like "killer guitar....drums are awesome"...then it goes to ".....aaaaaaaaaaand, the singer sucks"; click, and shut it off. lol

KCUnited 03-23-2017 04:40 PM

This song is called "****ed, Stabbed, and Eaten".

"Where's the falsetto?!?!"

Easy 6 03-23-2017 05:30 PM

LMAO

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-23-2017 07:53 PM

James Hetfield and the Metallicats Sing the Classics

http://vgboxart.com/boxes/MUSIC/3871...s-old-full.jpg

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-24-2017 12:08 AM

Here's another great band.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aLEZunJmyjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o69xf2ZT9sY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demonpenz 03-24-2017 01:21 AM

What's the newer album after DM? I love some of Metallica rock songs. Fuel and I disappear are fun

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-24-2017 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12795676)
What's the newer album after DM? I love some of Metallica rock songs. Fuel and I disappear are fun

Hardwired to Self-Destruct, and it is much better than Death Magnetic. Those two songs you mentioned are terrible. You need to listen to some Master of Puppets/And Justice For All.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 03-24-2017 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794645)

This EXACTLY - rep

Nickhead 03-24-2017 05:07 AM

anesthesia pulling teeth :D

Pushead2 03-24-2017 06:44 AM

As someone who toured in a regional metalcore band growing up, the main problem with metal is the local "scene" is filled with some of the most spiteful people and they hate any band that isn't theirs. When I was younger I was guilty of it for YEARS. It's driven off pure jealousy. Once you step up to touring with semi-known and known bands, it gets better, but they still have something to say because everyone is competitive / hungry.

With Metallica, they're the top dog. So naturally, they'll have something to say because that will NEVER be them and the metal scene can't handle that. There may never be another Metallica, but there will be other metal bands that will be great. So they'll nitpick on anything with Metallica - "not good since the black album, Lars sucks, James doesn't sound like 1991, don't listen to anything with Cliff, they sold out" etc. At 21 they wrote "Master of Puppets", probably the greatest metal song in history and at 53, they created a new album that had songs like "Spit out the Bone". A song that pretty much says we can still do this and quite well.

I've progressed through the scenes in my life and I still listen to all sorts of metal. Stuff like grindcore, power-metal, viking-metal, DJENT, metalcore, progressive, thrash and the list goes on and on. Sure there are bands that are heavier, tighter, faster, more technical but in the end, it's Metallica that made heavy metal as popular as it is. It was never designed to be that popular, but they pushed it to that level.

Just my two cents.....

beach tribe 03-24-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794719)
We can be friends....until those mother****ers start growling...then we can't be friends anymore. LMAO

It just irritated the ever living shit out of me. Im always looking for new music.

I'll come across a band...."Hey the cover art looks sick. These guys certainly look the part. **Pushes play. The guitar, drum & bass kick in, nodding my head** yeah this is dope"

Then all of a sudden here comes the singer....

"BLAAAAH UUUUUUUHHHHH BLLLLAAAAAAH"

http://i.imgur.com/QxAEpH3.jpg

"Godamnit! ****! They had to RUIN it AGAIN!"

/click

While I do listen to growlers and like a lot of it, I will say this...

Metal will never take over the world again as long as no one can figure out how make metal without it.

Lzen 03-24-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 12794637)
Death metal singers are a dime a dozen but in his prime Mikael's growls were some of the best.

Also, from what I hear they don't really use a lot of death metal vocals anymore. They're all 70's prog nerds and their music has changed a lot to reflect that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LhqijfqecvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol who gives a shit? they've still sold millions of albums and are insanely successful, especially outside the states.

That's pretty good. I haven't listened to them in awhile and haven't really heard the newer stuff. Sounds a little like Mastodon to me, which is a good thing.

Yeah, Opeth is an acquired taste. Even with their older stuff with a lot of growling vocals, they sang normal half the time. I always wondered why they didn't do that more often as I thought the singer had a good voice.

Pushead2 03-24-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12795737)
While I do listen to growlers and like a lot of it, I will say this...

Metal will never take over the world again as long as no one can figure out how make metal without it.

This + other factors.

Strongside 03-24-2017 08:40 AM

I haven't been a huge fan of Metallica's newer efforts, but the new album is worth a listen. They definitely threw it back to the 80's on a few tracks.

If you haven't heard this yet, give it a shot. "Spit Out the Bone"...2:30 in is the best thing they've done since Justice. Legitimately a thrash metal song, which is nice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m46Z0-HXySo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lawrenceRaider 03-24-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 12794852)
Since this thread isn't about Metallica (**** Lars Ulrich) anymore and all about random band videos:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PjKI_U9ENwU" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Love The Sword. They had some pretty good beer "collaborations" with Real Ale.

Chromatic 03-24-2017 11:38 AM

hyped

more good music from me, person who posts good music for people to listen to.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Og39iIBeOHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 03-24-2017 04:17 PM

Ya know what, that new Metallica isnt bad at all... probably the closest thing to their old school stuff that I've heard in a long time

The video veers from epically cool to awfully cheesy at times, but still thats a very cool song/video combo from those guys

alpha_omega 11-08-2021 03:49 PM

Metallica teaches....

Quote:

Now, they’re teaching what it takes to build and sustain success as a group. Get an exclusive look into their process for songwriting, building an album, and performing, and how they took charge of their creative destiny so you can do the same.
https://www.masterclass.com/classes/...s-being-a-band

Mennonite 11-08-2021 03:56 PM

They're sellouts. **** 'em.

ToxSocks 11-08-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15943274)

This kind of shit always cracks me up.

alpha_omega 11-08-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15943274)

Maybe, maybe not.

I wouldn't pay the subscription fee to see it, but their masterclass does sound interesting.

rabblerouser 11-08-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12794614)
ooooof coooourse.

Guys like Corey Taylor and James Hetfield are rare birds that are able to transcend that guttural metal sound and create something that weaves between metal and melodic rock, which is something that most of these metal bands are unable to do, thus limiting them to only Metal-heads, and ultimately, making them all sound the ****ing same.

I did like King Gizzard's thrash album, "Infest the Rat's Nest"

rabblerouser 11-08-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12794827)

Not on Powerage.

Easy 6 11-08-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15943469)
Not on Powerage.

Yeah Bon had 10X the wit of Brian Johnson

rabblerouser 11-08-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15943486)
Yeah Bon had 10X the wit of Brian Johnson

It got even worse when it just became Young/Young in the 90's