ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306671)

Meatloaf 03-17-2017 11:11 AM

Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly

First of all, let me say that I hate being the guy bringing this up, BUT I fear that we're all looking at our QBOTF issue incorrectly. Sadly, the question isn't about which QB we should draft, but rather (and I hate me for suggesting this), what veteran QB will be available in the next 2-3 years to replace Alex?

I'm basing this solely on our stinking franchise DNA. If true to form, the odds of DRAFTING a QB that has a decent chance to evolve into being The Guy are virtually zero. So, we're left to figure out what veteran guy will be available as a replacement for Smith.

Yeah, I know this sucks, but the facts of the matter are that the Chiefs simply do not expend high draft picks on QBs......at least not for the past 34 stinking years.

Ergo, the question isn't about drafting Mahomes, Watson, Webb, Trubisky, etc., the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Man, when you look at it from this angle, the prospects of finding a vet QB who could take us to the Promised Land appear staggeringly horrible.

One only hopes that somehow, someway, we are able to shed our heritage and try a "new" approach in addressing our QB position...can you say "Expend a high draft choice for an untried, unproven but oh so exciting QB prospect."

Hope springs eternal......

Bewbies 03-17-2017 11:16 AM

We could get another former 49ers QB now, but if we don't have to trade high draft picks for a guy who is no longer wanted KC is not interested. :)

RealSNR 03-17-2017 11:17 AM

I'll stick with shitty Alex Smith if it means trading for someone else's garbage yet again.

mcaj22 03-17-2017 11:18 AM

so what youre saying is AJ McCarron will be the new Chiefs QB after Alex

SAUTO 03-17-2017 11:18 AM

Go **** yourself

Dayze 03-17-2017 11:22 AM

I just saw the OP on the Lounge's page, read it, and replied "yep".

we've been looking at it wrong for years lol.

raybec 4 03-17-2017 11:22 AM

I don't buy into this "Franchise DNA" stuff. Previous regimes are dead and gone. The current regime really only missed on Carr. I believe if they see a guy who they feel good about and can make it happen they will.

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:24 AM

The odds of drafting anyone below round 3 who is worth a shit is practically zero. Regardless I still would like to see them give Bray some snaps at 2, just to see what he's got. My eyes tell me he has the arm strength, pocket awareness of when to release the ball, and the physical tools. Going on 4 years in this system, he has no excuses.

raybec 4 03-17-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12787173)
The odds of drafting anyone below round 3 who is worth a shit is practically zero. Regardless I still would like to see them give Bray some snaps at 2, just to see what he's got. My eyes tell me he has the arm strength, pocket awareness of when to release the ball, and the physical tools. Going on 4 years in this system, he has no excuses.

We've said the no excuse line about Alex 2 years in a row before. They keep trotting him out there and some people keep making excuses for him. I want them to try something new and draft a future starter.

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12787177)
We've said the no excuse line about Alex 2 years in a row before. They keep trotting him out there and some people keep making excuses for him. I want them to try something new and draft a future starter.

Sorry I meant no excuses for Bray. Alex was dead to me the moment I found out about the trade.

Eleazar 03-17-2017 11:31 AM

My main concern is Reid. He is this team's biggest weakness and probably the biggest roadblock to moving on from Smith.

DaFace 03-17-2017 11:31 AM

I honestly think that now is finally the time to draft someone and that we'll actually do it. I know history suggests otherwise, but Andy drafted plenty of QB's in Philly, and Alex's contract is up in a couple years.

It's now or never.

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12787185)
I honestly think that now is finally the time to draft someone and that we'll actually do it. I know history suggests otherwise, but Andy drafted plenty of QB's in Philly, and Alex's contract is up in a couple years.

It's now or never.

I am ready for a trade back, and the biggest meltdown in history, followed by drafting Cooper Rush in the 6th.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2017 11:37 AM

http://i.imgur.com/uCBiMif.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-17-2017 11:38 AM

Bray, Murray, Hogan, Daniel, and Foles couldn't win the job. This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later. With how secure our roster is next year I'm betting on a round 1 pick.

Canofbier 03-17-2017 11:38 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12787194)
Bray, Murray, Hogan, Daniel, and Foles couldn't win the job. This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later. With how secure our roster is next year I'm betting on a round 1 pick.

I am sure they were all given equal opportunities to unseat the $17 million dollar quarterback that they tied themselves to.

raybec 4 03-17-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12787182)
Sorry I meant no excuses for Bray. Alex was dead to me the moment I found out about the trade.

I knew what you meant, my point was that we as fans (most of us)keep saying people are out of excuses but the team keeps making excuses for them.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-17-2017 11:56 AM

Bringing in a veteran thats a winner is the best answer to solve the problem. Problem is they come around once in a blue moon. Ohhh ,only if we'd gotten Breez. We should make every effort to land Cousins next year. We supposed to have 50 mil in cap room. If we don't you know damn well Elways gonna be all in.

notorious 03-17-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12787169)
I just saw the OP on the Lounge's page, read it, and replied "yep".

we've been looking at it wrong for years lol.

Hit on 100 girls and chances are one will be a score.

Chiefs are using this tactic with retread QBs.

Molitoth 03-17-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly
We are the Chiefs, this is what we do.

el borracho 03-17-2017 12:58 PM

I watched every second of every game for decades but I haven't watched a single game since the trade for Alex. If the Chiefs do not draft a QB early this year, I will simply smirk and extend my personal boycott. However, if the Chiefs don't draft a QB early in '17 or '18, I will truly give up on the franchise. And yes, I already know... nobody cares if I do or don't watch.

Rooster 03-17-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 12787197)

ROFLROFL That gif never gets old.

ndws 03-17-2017 01:11 PM

I'm holding on to optimism based on the fact that it was DJ and Sherman that took pay cuts for cap space instead of restructuring Smith.

When I saw that we signed Logan for roughly 8mil, I told my wife that AS was restructured to make room for him. I was happy to be wrong about that one.

Discuss Thrower 03-17-2017 01:13 PM

Smith is probably going to get extended into 2020.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12787308)
Smith is probably going to get extended into 2020.

11 ****ing years of game manager hell.

Why do we waste our ****ing lives on this franchise.

MahiMike 03-17-2017 01:19 PM

The answer is BOTH. I remember when Andy and co. said they would draft a QB every year. That's pretty much what they have done.

We need to draft 1 and also look for veterans (Romo) and let everyone compete.

The silly thing is that with the new CBA, every team should be looking to get a QB in 1st round every year. If they end up with 2 good rookies, they can trade 1. Really thought the CBA's cheap prices would encourage this.

Sandy Vagina 03-17-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12787185)

It's now or never.

Pretty much THIS.

I think they will draft a rd 1-3 quarterback this season... (nate)...and if it's a day 2 quarterback... (nate)... then they will feel all the more unrestricted with regard to drafting a day 1 guy in 2018.

It will happen this or next yr. This cursed Franchise mantra might feel very real, but like other poster said, this is a different regime. Smith is getting older, isn't shaking off the PTSD well enough... expensive.. and there is NOTHING at the QB2 or QB3 spots. They will draft a QB in the first 3 rds.

mdchiefsfan 03-17-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12787192)

ROFL

mdchiefsfan 03-17-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

ROFL

This isn't why I love CP

Ming the Merciless 03-17-2017 03:55 PM

we shouldve been looking at QB years ago...drafting a QB and having him sit behind alex for a couple years wouldve been optimal.....

my god if we don't pull the trigger this season, then **** this organization

we have 10 draft picks....

lets go all ****ing in if theres a QBOTF anywhere...hell give next years 1st too if needed.

Or draft a fatty..**** it...

Ming the Merciless 03-17-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

i was the pissed off guy just right of center who hated the fisher pick

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12787155)
First of all, let me say that I hate being the guy bringing this up, BUT I fear that we're all looking at our QBOTF issue incorrectly. Sadly, the question isn't about which QB we should draft, but rather (and I hate me for suggesting this), what veteran QB will be available in the next 2-3 years to replace Alex?

I'm basing this solely on our stinking franchise DNA. If true to form, the odds of DRAFTING a QB that has a decent chance to evolve into being The Guy are virtually zero. So, we're left to figure out what veteran guy will be available as a replacement for Smith.

Yeah, I know this sucks, but the facts of the matter are that the Chiefs simply do not expend high draft picks on QBs......at least not for the past 34 stinking years.

Ergo, the question isn't about drafting Mahomes, Watson, Webb, Trubisky, etc., the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Man, when you look at it from this angle, the prospects of finding a vet QB who could take us to the Promised Land appear staggeringly horrible.

One only hopes that somehow, someway, we are able to shed our heritage and try a "new" approach in addressing our QB position...can you say "Expend a high draft choice for an untried, unproven but oh so exciting QB prospect."

Hope springs eternal......

100%

Stop addressing the symptoms and start dealing with the disease.

It's not about Alex, it's about Andy and Hunt.

I leave Dorsey out because we all know that it was Reid that wanted Smith. It was leaked before Dorsey even got here.

This is about whether Reid wants to deal with a rookie QB at all.

Ming the Merciless 03-17-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later.

die

RippedmyFlesh 03-17-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787540)
100%

Stop addressing the symptoms and start dealing with the disease.

It's not about Alex, it's about Andy and Hunt.

I leave Dorsey out because we all know that it was Reid that wanted Smith. It was leaked before Dorsey even got here.

This is about whether Reid wants to deal with a rookie QB at all.

That is my biggest fear and sadly I think its true. He was young when he drafted mcnabb I don't think he has the patience to develop a rookie anymore.

Discuss Thrower 03-17-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12787171)
I don't buy into this "Franchise DNA" stuff. Previous regimes are dead and gone. The current regime really only missed on Carr. I believe if they see a guy who they feel good about and can make it happen they will.

The franchise DNA is whichever correct combination of adenosine, thymine, guanine and cytosize correlates closest with Lamar Hunt's.

And yes. The aversion to drafting QBs correlates 100% with that DNA.

Meatloaf 03-17-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12787554)
The franchise DNA is whichever correct combination of adenosine, thymine, guanine and cytosize correlates closest with Lamar Hunt's.

And yes. The aversion to drafting QBs correlates 100% with that DNA.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! :clap:

ToxSocks 03-17-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 12787552)
I don't think he has the patience to develop a rookie anymore.

Then why does he keep bringing in rookies?

Bray
Murray
Hogan

Joel Stave only has a year in the league, so he counts as a developmental guy.

....not far removed from drafting and "developing" Foles either.

I don't subscribe to the line of thinking that Reid/Dorsey are adverse to picking up a young QB. Guys like Bray, Murray and Hogan all have/had the tools you'd want in a developmental Qb....they just simply haven't developed.

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 12787552)
That is my biggest fear and sadly I think its true. He was young when he drafted mcnabb I don't think he has the patience to develop a rookie anymore.

I agree 100%

He has been half-assing our development of a young QB from the start.

McNabb annoyed the shit out of Reid with all his improvisation and gun-slinging. Part of the reason why Reid was willing to trade him within the division.

Bray is the only guy left on the roster and that's only because he got hurt so often that the Chiefs didn't have to do much to keep him. Guys like Hogan and Murray got limited preseason snaps and were sent packing as soon as the Chiefs needed the roster spot.

We have signed a veteran backup to be our #2 every year that Reid has been here.

This is about Hunt and Reid.

Who knows, maybe Reid told Hunt that he would prefer going with a veteran QB during his job interview with Hunt. Maybe that's part of the reason why Hunt hired him.

No doubt in my mind that Dorsey would already have a talented, young guy on the roster IF Reid really wanted one.

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12787565)
Then why does he keep bringing in rookies?

Bray
Murray
Hogan

Joel Stave only has a year in the league, so he counts as a developmental guy.

....not far removed from drafting and "developing" Foles either.

I don't subscribe to the line of thinking that Reid/Dorsey are adverse to picking up a young QB. Guys like Bray, Murray and Hogan all have/had the

tools you'd want in a developmental Qb....they just simply haven't developed.

Bray - UDFA
Murray - 5th rd
Hogan - 5th rd

low-cost pickups and IMO we would have traded them for draft picks if they had shown anything. I don't believe that Reid planned on replacing Smith with any of them.

Ming the Merciless 03-17-2017 04:27 PM

No, 'we' aren't.....we need to draft a QB . No more retreads please..unless you want 40 more years of ringless seasons.

Chief Northman 03-17-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12787345)
ROFL

This isn't why I love CP

That GIF is a classic.

Isn't the guy in the middle with his arms crossed a poster here? I can't remember if that is true or not....?

rico 03-17-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787585)
Bray - UDFA
Murray - 5th rd
Hogan - 5th rd

low-cost pickups and IMO we would have traded them for draft picks if they had shown anything. I don't believe that Reid planned on replacing Smith with any of them.

I blame Hunt more than anyone...

But I admit, some of the points you've made in this topic is making me sour a bit more on Reid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-17-2017 04:29 PM

We of the CP brain trust have been looking at it just fine for over 10 years.

It's the assholes at One Arrowhead that are working with nerd glasses:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5ddc928a2a.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-17-2017 04:30 PM

Manziel is still available. He's newly engaged to a super hot chick that has him running straight. Problem solved right there.

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

I don't believe that any of those guys were ever intended to win the job.

Daniel and Foles were just injury-risk guys who knew the offense and wouldn't require much attention.

Bray, Hogan and Murray were just longshots and would have been trade bait if they had shown much.

New World Order 03-17-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12787312)
11 ****ing years of game manager hell.

Why do we waste our ****ing lives on this franchise.

11 years

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_G777JJtwU...-star-trek.gif

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12787594)
I blame Hunt more than anyone...

But I admit, some of the points you've made in this topic is making me sour a bit more on Reid.

You have to think that Hunt and Reid were on the same page about the QB position when they discussed whether or not Reid would be the Chiefs' new Head Coach.

We will find out in the next 12 months

If the Chiefs do not draft a QB in the top-3 rounds in this draft or the next, it's over, they never intend to.

Alex Smith has 2 years left, it's the next 2 drafts or nothing.

I would not be surprised at all to see Alex Smith extended or us pick up another veteran.

Personally, I think that Reid intends Alex Smith to be the only QB he has while in KC.

Tribal Warfare 03-17-2017 05:01 PM

I just keep thinking of Mahomes photo op with Clark. This is the most likely year drafting that legitimate QBOTF more than ever.

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12787648)
I just keep thinking of Mahomes photo op with Clark. This is the most likely year drafting that legitimate QBOTF more than ever.

Really, the only think i've heard is that this year's draft is weak at the QB position.

Next year is supposed to be better

Tribal Warfare 03-17-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787653)
Really, the only think i've heard is that this year's draft is weak at the QB position.

Next year is supposed to be better

LOL, Chiefs fans constant mantra " Next year will be a better QB crop"

Still looking to catch that golden winged unicorn

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12787658)
LOL, Chiefs fans constant mantra " Next year will be a better QB crop"

Still looking to catch that golden winged unicorn

Lol, the constant mantra of the people who want the Chiefs to draft a QB no matter what.

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

Doesn't matter whether the QB sucks or not, I just want to draft one!!

This year is considered a weak QB class, Watson and Trubisky being the only 1st round guys, weak ones at that.

Next year is supposed to have a chance at being special.

Ironically, having a really weak QB class this year might end up giving the Chiefs a better chance at grabbing one early. Whether that guy is worth getting is another matter.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-17-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787670)
Lol, the constant mantra of the people who want the Chiefs to draft a QB no matter what.

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

This year is considered a weak QB class, Watson and Trubisky being the only 1st round guys, weak ones at that.

Ironically, having a really weak QB class this year might end up giving the Chiefs a better chance at grabbing one early. Whether that guy is worth getting is another matter.

Drafting any QB is always a crapshoot. Wasting a 1st rd pick on a lottery ticket is not what good teams do unless it's the ONLY position of need.

Tribal Warfare 03-17-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

Okay let's just say next year's QB is better we won't have the ammunition to get one because every other team with a high pick will be gunning for them. You'very got to look at the present, because you'll chasing something that will be unattainable because the perfect QB is a myth

RealSNR 03-17-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

How will having a weak QB class this year help us? We have lots of draft picks in a deep draft. If we don't draft a QB, we'll spend it on a position to grow out our depth in other surrounding positions of importance. We'll be a pretty good team yet again, Alex will continue to throw for >20 TDs and >3500 yards but play efficient and boring successful football. We'll win lots of regular season games and have a low draft pick. We'll be unable to maneuver around and grab the guy we want if EVERYBODY is trying to do the same ****ing thing.

Just look at 2012. A great QB class, right? Where did we draft? We could only have traded up for Ryan Tannehill. The guy who would "fall" to us was Brandon ****ing Weeden.

Yeah yeah yeah Russell Wilson herpa derp. EVERY TEAM had their shot to draft Russell Wilson and passed on him at least once. Even with Dorsey and Reid running the show, the odds are not very good that a Russell Wilson will fall to the 2nd or 3rd round, nor are they good odds that Dorsey and Reid will have the foresight to draft that particular player over another guy who might fail spectacularly in a similar draft position like Brodie Croyle.

If there is a QB who with a year or even two on the bench could amount to something, and Reid likes him, you ****ing GRAB HIM. **** the notion of the class he was drafted in. Grab that mother****er now.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-17-2017 05:38 PM

Exactly why we need to go after Cousins next year. Give him a $200 mill contract with $100 mil guaranteed

cwhocares 03-17-2017 05:42 PM

" the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)"

As you should!!!!!

Hoover 03-17-2017 05:57 PM

Sorry, but where are we going to get the cap space for a veteran QB?

Here's the deal. We draft and develope a QB and strike gold like Seattle, we are set up for an unbelievable run. That's not just the goal, its what we are set up to do.

And while we all bitch about Alex Smith, he's more than servicable and at his current pay we shouldn't bitch. We could easily be like the Bears and stoked about signing Mike Glennon. Alex isn't going to take us to the next level, but he does buy us some time.

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12787675)
Okay let's just say next year's QB is better we won't have the ammunition to get one because every other team with a high pick will be gunning for them. You'very got to look at the present, because you'll chasing something that will be unattainable because the perfect QB is a myth

Never said anything about perfect

I said we should have traded Foles at the beginning of this year to give us more draft ammo. We could make trades this year for draft picks next year to give us extra ammo. Trade a quality player to a shitty team for their 1st round draft pick with the hopes that it is a really high pick.

The organization needs to decide that it wants a stud QB and then aggressively create a plan to get a QB.

Next year is supposed to be a quality QB year, so go get a high pick early. Don't wait until a week before the draft a suddenly cry about how you can't get one. Don't wait until the price of that 1st round pick is so ****ing high you can't afford it without gutting your entire team.

Or if some team wants to trade back up into the 1st round this year then don't ask for more picks this year, work out a deal to get their 1st round pick next year.

It's called planning ahead.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-17-2017 05:58 PM

Fact:

Mahomes, year one, would match or exceed Smith's 2016 production.

(not fiction!)

Tribal Warfare 03-17-2017 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787726)
Never said anything about perfect

I said we should have traded Foles at the beginning of this year to give us more draft ammo. We could make trades this year for draft picks next year to give us extra ammo. Trade a quality player to a shitty team for their 1st round draft pick with the hopes that it is a really high pick.

The organization needs to decide that it wants a stud QB and then aggressively create a plan to get a QB.

Next year is supposed to be a quality QB year, so go get a high pick early. Don't wait until a week before the draft a suddenly cry about how you can't get one. Don't wait until the price of that 1st round pick is so ****ing high you can't afford it without gutting

Planning ahead? It's called ****ing yourself in the ass if certain players don't declare or get injured.

Face it, your doing the same song and dance that mosteoporosis fans do about a favorite QB prospect that's still in college

TLO 03-17-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12787163)
Go **** yourself

This

TLO 03-17-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12787304)
ROFLROFL That gif never gets old.

Yes, yes it does. It got old about 3 years ago.

Dave Lane 03-17-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12787547)
die

And hurry the **** up

Bugeater 03-17-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12787805)
Yes, yes it does. It got old about 3 years ago.

So did you.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2017 09:05 PM

The past has nothing to do with what Dorsey will do in the future

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12787799)
Planning ahead? It's called ****ing yourself in the ass if certain players don't declare or get injured.

Face it, your doing the same song and dance that mosteoporosis fans do about a favorite QB prospect that's still in college

you're the one too afraid to take a risk "if a player doesn't declare or get injured"

either you want an elite QB or you don't

Good draft teams absolutely scout and prepare more than one draft ahead

If the next draft is weak at one pos but the following is strong, you prepare by signing a stop gap FA so that you can wait and draft in the strong draft.

trading right before the draft is expensive as hell, taking a risk the year before can pay off big

Mr. Laz 03-17-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12787730)
Fact:

(not fiction!)

If he doesn't will you kill yourself?

please

TLO 03-17-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12787936)
So did you.

Thank you. :clap:

RunKC 03-17-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

"This year is weak"

WTF about the last 30?!?! It's bullshit like this that pisses everyone off. How many good QB's in he league were considered anything more than "developmental QB's?" That weren't hyped up? How many were looked as developmental "maybe" players?

There's a shit load of these guys that are good QB's and we've passed on them over and over again. Carr, Wilson, Dak. 3 in the last 5 years.

This "developmental QB sucks blah blah next year" bullshit needs to end.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-17-2017 10:05 PM

You want to include the name of the 90% of quarterbacks that ended up being busts in that time frame?

Rasputin 03-17-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787986)
you're the one too afraid to take a risk "if a player doesn't declare or get injured"

If the next draft is weak at one pos but the following is strong, you prepare by signing a stop gap FA so that you can wait and draft in the strong draft.

trading right before the draft is expensive as hell, taking a risk the year before can pay off big

Is that what the Chiefs did is tank so they could draft Fisher #1 and the Colts tank a season to get Andrew ****ing Luck?

We really did tank the wrong year in order to grab a QBotf and Colts did it right even if their GM was and idiot **** Andrew Luck career. We could have had something special for a long time with Andrew Luck.

Tribal Warfare 03-17-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787986)

Scared? It's logical, you don't go all in for a QB crop that is unkown comatiy.

TLO 03-17-2017 11:01 PM

I'm genuinely curious if people actually read every single one of these posts in the 8 billion Alex Smith threads.

Every conversation goes like this.

Group A :Alex Smith sucks! I hope he blows his ACL!

Group B : No way! Alex Smith will lead us to the Superbowl next season!

bevischief: then the midgets...

Rinse and repeat for all eternity.

kcchiefsus 03-18-2017 01:30 AM

Quote:

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

jd1020 03-18-2017 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788022)
You want to include the name of the 90% of quarterbacks that ended up being busts in that time frame?

As long as your include the names of all the non-QB busts.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4396807807.jpg

rico 03-18-2017 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12787730)
Fact:

(not fiction!)

Hell, I feel like my grandma could pull that off.

And she's in hospice.

Smith = constant stalemates. Can't wait until the day we finally purge the Purgatory.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12787988)
I love it when Smiff and Tigger double-stuff my ass together.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2017 09:01 AM

The Dark Peniight Mahomes will activate thise CP pup tents, thrusting Tigger Cheeks right outta Dodge

Bugeater 03-18-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12788022)

Sure, I'll start with Alex Smith.

Next...