ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Darrelle Revis (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306030)

TribalElder 02-16-2017 07:49 PM

Darrelle Revis

NFL star Darrelle Revis charged with felony assault, robbery in violent Pittsburgh altercation

http://www.kmbc.com/article/darrelle...cation/8944382

Spoiler!

Mr. Laz 02-16-2017 07:54 PM

So some dude starting taping Revis with his phone and refuse to stop so Revis got pisses and tried to delete the video. When he couldn't delete it he tried to destroy the phone.

fighting ensued

felony assault and robbery?

Charges sound like a bit of a stretch

TribalElder 02-16-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12744687)
So some dude starting taping Revis with his phone and refuse to stop so Revis got pisses and tried to delete the video. When he couldn't delete it he tried to destroy the phone.

fighting ensued

felony assault and robbery?

Charges sound like a bit of a stretch

Yeah, I bet he walks on it

Even if he has to pay off the kids he still walks

Pasta Little Brioni 02-16-2017 07:56 PM

Will it be swept under the rug like Talib??

bsroyals54 02-16-2017 07:57 PM

A black NFL player with violent criminal charges? How

Marcellus 02-16-2017 08:02 PM

Sounds like the douches got what they deserved.

Bugeater 02-16-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsroyals54 (Post 12744693)
A black NFL player with violent criminal charges? How

How...what? Enlighten us.

DenverChief 02-16-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12744699)
Sounds like the douches got what they deserved.

How? If you are in a public space you have no right to privacy. I hope the kids take him for every dime he is worth.

POND_OF_RED 02-16-2017 08:26 PM

I think I'm going to believe the NFL vet who has everything to lose over the drunk college kids. Sounds like the douche knew what he was doing. Don't pick a fight with an NFL player if you don't want to get knocked out.

vailpass 02-16-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 12744730)
How? If you are in a public space you have no right to privacy. I hope the kids take him for every dime he is worth.

Report on espn.com days dude shoved Revis first. Following him around on the street at 3 a.m. videoing him? **** those guys.

-King- 02-16-2017 08:27 PM

Yeah **** them, they got what they deserved.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 02-16-2017 08:31 PM

they should change the law

You shouldn't be able to film someone if they ask you to stop, regardless of where you are at.

Unless there is some kind of crime being committed or something.

POND_OF_RED 02-16-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Over a street fight? I really hope you're kidding.

Al Bundy 02-16-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Sounds like the guys started the physical confrontation and lost....

Rain Man 02-16-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12744743)

You shouldn't be able to film someone if they ask you to stop, regardless of where you are at.

I fall in line with this opinion. Celebrities shouldn't be held hostage in their homes, and the photographers would be annoying, whether you're Princess Diana in Paris or Darrelle Revis walking on the south side. Leave these people alone.

My initial hunch is also to side with Revis. I've never read anything that indicates he's a troublemaker, and his side of the story sounds more plausible than theirs by a long shot.

Marcellus 02-16-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

21 and 22 year olds are "kids"?

When yuo are filming someone and they tell you to stop and you keep doing it etc...

You are a ****ing douche.

He knocked them out he didn't ****ing kill them.

This is called men settling things amongst themselves, or it should be anyway.

vailpass 02-16-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12744778)

When yuo are filming someone and they tell you to stop and you keep doing it etc...

Yep.
Sounds like Revis' friend might have done some of theknocking out. Either way screw those punks. And I'd give a dollar to have seen the beat down that left two dudes KO'ed for ten minutes.

Hydrae 02-16-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12744786)
Yep.
Sounds like Revis' friend might have done some of theknocking out. Either way screw those punks. And I'd give a dollar to have seen the beat down that left two dudes KO'ed for ten minutes.

Too bad that didn't get recorded on some phone. :D

Great Expectations 02-16-2017 10:22 PM

Might be the only dude Revis hit all year...

Titty Meat 02-16-2017 10:33 PM

Revis gave 2 guys the fade that's impressive

splatbass 02-16-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Say you are in Arrowhead. It is a playoff game and the place is rocking. You pull out your cellphone and take some pictures of the stadium from your seat. Some guy in front of you insists you delete all the pictures because he is in them. Do you do it?

Rain Man 02-16-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12744946)
Say you are in Arrowhead. It is a playoff game and the place is rocking. You pull out your cellphone and take some pictures of the stadium from your seat. Some guy in front of you insists you delete all the pictures because he is in them. Do you do it?

If it's Revis I do.

But more to the point, I think you can define some rules. If you're following someone around taking pictures of them, I think that falls under the "stop it" rule. If you're one of 50 people in the frame, probably not.

Bugeater 02-16-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12744972)
If it's Revis I do.

But more to the point, I think you can define some rules. If you're following someone around taking pictures of them, I think that falls under the "stop it" rule. If you're one of 50 people in the frame, probably not.

Yeah, at some point it crosses the line to harassment.

POND_OF_RED 02-16-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 12744946)

Why the **** am I taking pictures while the rest of Arrowhead is rocking during a playoff game?

splatbass 02-16-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12744972)
If it's Revis I do.

You don't have a right to follow someone around harassing them regardless of whether you are taking pictures. It really isn't about taking pictures/video. When you go out in public you are just that, in public, not in private. No right to privacy.

Rain Man 02-16-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 12744987)
Why the **** am I taking pictures while the rest of Arrowhead is rocking during a playoff game?

Presumably you're planning to sell the photos to a tabloid so they can write a story about the person in front of you.

splatbass 02-16-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 12744987)

You want to remember the great game that Alex Smith played. :D

I just chose Arrowhead because it is a Chiefs forum. Let's say you take your family on a once in a lifetime trip to Disneyland. No, I don't know why it is once in a lifetime. You take a picture of them there, and there are people in the background....etc.

Chiefs4TheWin 02-17-2017 02:53 AM

Quote:

Here in PA, they couldn't record his voice without his consent (barring exceptions) because of our wiretapping laws.

Demonpenz 02-17-2017 02:56 AM

is conceal and carry legal there? In St Joe you would have just lifted up your shirt to show that you had a gun right next to your Know Regerts tat

Chiefs4TheWin 02-17-2017 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12745082)
is conceal and carry legal there? In St Joe you would have just lifted up your shirt to show that you had a gun right next to your Know Regerts tat

Within city limits? not sure. Rural PA, absolutely.

Nickhead 02-17-2017 04:36 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uxLWctyLj8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DenverChief 02-17-2017 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12744778)

Whatever young adults. People acting like douches are still protected by the law. Revis had no right to physically assault them. I find it ironic that the same people that applaud Revis would condemn a police officer for the exact same behavior. Either it's good for all or good for none.

POND_OF_RED 02-17-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 12745105)
Whatever young adults. People acting like douches are still protected by the law. Revis had no right to physically assault them. I find it ironic that the same people that applaud Revis would condemn a police officer for the exact same behavior. Either it's good for all or good for none.

I guess that's the difference between celebrity athletes and city officials. Are you all for making cops wear body cams then?

DenverChief 02-17-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 12745114)
I guess that's the difference between celebrity athletes and city officials. Are you all for making cops wear body cams then?

No, there is no difference. No one claims to be able to go into the home of a public official or an athlete and record them. When you are in public you are subject to being recorded. Period. If you don't like it leave and go to your private hiding space. Yes I am all for body cameras.

mcaj22 02-17-2017 08:20 AM

I am from PA and these types charges get included in 99% of fights and mostly get pleaded down. Police all over the state pull this all the time no matter the status of the person. I have had friends charged with similar over bar fights. Its purely a cop thing here. The terroristic threats charge is a bullcrap bogus charge police in this state like to tact on to make things sound worse.

ChiliConCarnage 02-17-2017 08:58 AM

I think I believe the douches because who makes up a story that makes you sound like the assholes.

Eleazar 02-17-2017 09:54 AM

Look/tank/ropes

Chiefnj2 02-17-2017 10:09 AM

According to the police complaint nobody was able to say it was Revis who threw a punch. Charges will be dismissed.

Eleazar 02-17-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12745344)
According to the police complaint nobody was able to say it was Revis who threw a punch. Charges will be dismissed.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/upl...-Bey-Shrug.gif

vailpass 02-17-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 12745105)

I would also applaud the police officer in that situation.
Many times I've seen the footage of an officer trying to do his job and the hood rats swarm him taking video on their obama phones. Wouldn't mind seeing the cop rap some wrists with a baton and knock those phones to the ground.

Al Bundy 02-19-2017 04:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Darrelle Revis Knockout Aftermath Footage ... 2 Men Out Cold (Video) <a href="https://t.co/YWSNTezjLR">https://t.co/YWSNTezjLR</a></p>&mdash; TMZ Sports (@TMZ_Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/833434762324742144">February 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

POND_OF_RED 02-19-2017 10:37 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/399...****-out-o.gif

PAChiefsGuy 02-19-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12745082)

It's legal as long as you get a permit which is extremely easy to get. It's like filling out a job application.

Al Bundy 02-19-2017 10:58 PM

BTW that is not Revis' voice in that video.

Couch-Potato 02-21-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12744772)
I fall in line with this opinion. Celebrities shouldn't be held hostage in their homes, and the photographers would be annoying, whether you're Princess Diana in Paris or Darrelle Revis walking on the south side. Leave these people alone.

My initial hunch is also to side with Revis. I've never read anything that indicates he's a troublemaker, and his side of the story sounds more plausible than theirs by a long shot.

I agree... Maybe we can bring him in cheap as a FS now.

TribalElder 11-23-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 12750528)
I agree... Maybe we can bring him in cheap as a FS now.

:clap:

Charges were dropped on this case after friend testified Revis didn't do it

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2998930

carcosa 11-23-2017 11:09 PM

He seems nice to me