ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ballard Interviewing for Colts GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305500)

Marco Polo 01-25-2017 12:10 PM

Ballard Interviewing for Colts GM

SIAP:

Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard will interview for the Colts' general-manager vacancy on Wednesday.

Ballard has been a hot name in GM searches the past couple years. He turned down an interview request from the 49ers earlier this month, but the Colts job comes with a franchise quarterback in Andrew Luck. The Colts are casting a wide net in their search to replace overmatched Ryan Grigson.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/824295951653306369

Direckshun 01-25-2017 12:14 PM

I'm just going to put my faith in the idea that either Ballard or Dorsey remains in KC.

I assume Ballard interviewing means Dorsey's more likely to stay.

Rasputin 01-25-2017 12:18 PM

Well Bye

I guess

:(

Not that he will take the Indy job but he seems to be a hot economy so if not there somewhere he thinks is appealing. I wish him best if it's in the NFC.

BlackHelicopters 01-25-2017 12:23 PM

Andrew Luck. Franchise QB. Heh

Direckshun 01-25-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12708335)
Well Bye

I guess

:(

Not that he will take the Indy job but he seems to be a hot economy so if not there somewhere he thinks is appealing. I wish him best if it's in the NFC.

Yes, a hot economy.

The hottest economy there is.

Rasputin 01-25-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12708379)
Yes, a hot economy.

ADJECTIVE

1.(of a product) offering the best value for the money:

Yes he would offer the best value for your money as a GM.

I maybe thinking of a different word but similar meaning. Hot item of purchase sort of thing.

mdchiefsfan 01-25-2017 12:54 PM

I think you meant hot commodity.

Discuss Thrower 01-25-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12708379)
Yes, a hot economy.

Deserves all the escalades.

raybec 4 01-25-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12708389)
Deserves all the escalades.

He definitely deserves KaDos for the job he's done here

Dartgod 01-25-2017 01:37 PM

This thread is mind bottling.

ptlyon 01-25-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12708435)

It needs MOAR posts

Pablo 01-25-2017 01:43 PM

A hot astronomy for sure.

Will be a star someday.

KCUnited 01-25-2017 01:51 PM

A big lobotomy thinks this deal gets done.

raybec 4 01-25-2017 01:52 PM

He's a hot Deuteronomy, changes of a biblical proportion

Easy 6 01-25-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12708469)
He's a hot Deuteronomy, changes of a biblical proportion

ROFL!

Snica 01-25-2017 02:47 PM

This thread clearly is not going to disappoint.

Mr. Laz 01-25-2017 02:47 PM

So much for the bullshit about Ballard getting a raise with the Chiefs.

RealSNR 01-25-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12708329)
I'm just going to put my faith in the idea that either Ballard or Dorsey remains in KC.

I assume Ballard interviewing means Dorsey's more likely to stay.

DORSEY IS NOT ****ING LEAVING.

It's been proven over and over that the dude who put that thought out there as news was just throwing shit at the wall and getting a buzz from it. There is ZERO evidence to believe that Dorsey has even entertained the thought for 2 seconds while taking a shit

RealSNR 01-25-2017 03:44 PM

Also, it ****ing sucks to be the 49ers now. Laughing at those jackasses.

chiefzilla1501 01-25-2017 03:47 PM

Sounds like the Chiefs did Ballard a solid by pretending to block the interview with the 49ers.

Not sure this is a whole lot better given that he's working for Irsay. But I guess he'll probably let the GM do whatever he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how he does if he leaves. Has been a genius in KC so I don't want him to go. But he was also kind of a disaster in Chicago.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2017 04:12 PM

Well, bye.

Jamie 01-25-2017 05:11 PM

Two thoughts. One, if I'm Ballard I don't take the job unless they let me fire Pagano. And two, if they let him fire Pagano, any chance he takes Toub with him?

DJ's left nut 01-25-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12708726)
Sounds like the Chiefs did Ballard a solid by pretending to block the interview with the 49ers.

Not sure this is a whole lot better given that he's working for Irsay. But I guess he'll probably let the GM do whatever he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how he does if he leaves. Has been a genius in KC so I don't want him to go. But he was also kind of a disaster in Chicago.

Hard to say if he's a guy that needs a steadying influence to keep from going off the rails or not. Some people just aren't quite cut out for the big chair but can be invaluable lieutenants.

But I'd hate to see him go to Indy and do well. Sooner or later Brady's stranglehold on this conference will end and if a competent GM takes over and makes it Luck's decade, well won't that just be a kick in the balls?

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-25-2017 05:21 PM

Maybe Clark has instructed him to take the job, then make a trade to KC, Luck for Smith and then get fired and Clark hires him back.

Easy 6 01-25-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12708877)
Hard to say if he's a guy that needs a steadying influence to keep from going off the rails or not. Some people just aren't quite cut out for the big chair but can be invaluable lieutenants.

But I'd hate to see him go to Indy and do well. Sooner or later Brady's stranglehold on this conference will end and if a competent GM takes over and makes it Luck's decade, well won't that just be a kick in the balls?

In spite of Reids foibles, I sincerely believe that between Andy and John... we can create a team here that is a match for the Ballard/Luck Colts 8 days a week

Let him go, we cant keep everyone anyway... what we need is a QB, Reids clock management/run game stubborness problems will look a lot smaller if we can get that figured out

DJ's left nut 01-25-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12708903)
In spite of Reids foibles, I sincerely believe that between Andy and John... we can create a team here that is a match for the Ballard/Luck Colts 8 days a week

Let him go, we cant keep everyone anyway... what we need is a QB, Reids clock management/run game stubborness problems will look a lot smaller if we can get that figured out

Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

OnTheWarpath15 01-25-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12708435)

Why you gotta go straight for the juggler?

milkman 01-25-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12708912)
Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

Not sold on Luck.

Looks like we will be coming up on Carr's decade, and that's an even bigger kick in the nuts.

Easy 6 01-25-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12708937)
Not sold on Luck.

Looks like we will be coming up on Carr's decade, and that's an even bigger kick in the nuts.

Luck > Carr... dont blame Luck for the mess that team is in, the guy is a stud in waiting

Carr, it honestly feels like this guy can still become a product of a losing mindset no matter the potential displayed... he isnt a big guy, and if you can smack him around early he is a jittery mess

I want that 6'5 250 or so kid, the one who can stand tall under duress and still get off an accurate throw with bodies piling up... basically its Bray, but go ahead and heap scorn on me now

seclark 01-25-2017 07:10 PM

ROFL
i love this place.
this thread has the best of both worlds.
sec

The Bad Guy 01-25-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12708579)

So much for the bullshit about Ballard getting a raise with the Chiefs.

Elliott Wolf got a raise from the Packers and he's interviewing too.

cabletech94 01-25-2017 07:29 PM

hindsight is 50/50.

saphojunkie 01-25-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12708385)
ADJECTIVE

1.(of a product) offering the best value for the money:

Yes he would offer the best value for your money as a GM.

I maybe thinking of a different word but similar meaning. Hot item of purchase sort of thing.

ad·jec·tive
ˈajəktiv/
noun GRAMMAR

a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.

You modifier-modifying modifier.

Dave Lane 01-25-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12708442)
A hot astronomy for sure.

Will be a star someday.

Hey that's my line

Chiefshrink 01-25-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

With a ya DJ. Totally sold on Luck and had Grigson been a real GM Luck would not have regressed because of a very porous o-line and no running game. Look how Luck never panicked against the Chiefs in the playoffs and actually starting the 2nd half with a pick furthering our lead and yet still lead the comeback. Granted our d sucked balls but......

MahiMike 01-25-2017 07:52 PM

This could work out for us. Ballard goes to Indy and takes DJ and Jamaal for some nice draft picks!

Mr. Laz 01-25-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 12709100)
Elliott Wolf got a raise from the Packers and he's interviewing too.

You really think the Chiefs would give Ballard a raise WITHOUT Ballard agreeing to stay at least the next year?

Only if Hunt/Dorsey/Reid were idiots.

Any new contract/raise would absolutely include something that kept Ballard in KC for another year.

DJ's left nut 01-26-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12709072)
Luck > Carr... dont blame Luck for the mess that team is in, the guy is a stud in waiting

Carr, it honestly feels like this guy can still become a product of a losing mindset no matter the potential displayed... he isnt a big guy, and if you can smack him around early he is a jittery mess

I want that 6'5 250 or so kid, the one who can stand tall under duress and still get off an accurate throw with bodies piling up... basically its Bray, but go ahead and heap scorn on me now

Yeah, physically Luck is superior to Carr in every way. And from a passing standpoint, he's more aggressive and more accurate downfield.

If you're backing Carr's horse here, it has to be on the basis of intangibles and frankly, I don't see Carr being any sort of cut above Luck in that regard either. Luck's a very smart quarterback and by all accounts a premier leader in the lockerroom.

I see nothing that Carr does better than Luck nor do I see anyplace where he's likely to surpass Luck. Carr had potentially the best OL in football and 2 WRs playing at a premium level. Luck had Hilton and a trash OL because Grigson is hot garbage.

I'd take Luck over Carr 10 times out of 10. Carr's going to be a good player, but more in the Phillip Rivers to Luck's Tom Brady. Rivers was a very good quarterback but still a tick below Brady. Such will be the case with Luck/Carr going forward.

I mean...until Mahomes blows by both of them.

Rausch 01-26-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12709169)
This could work out for us. Ballard goes to Indy and takes DJ and Jamaal for some nice draft picks!

I don't want either one retiring a Colt...:#

Dunerdr 01-26-2017 12:02 PM

Luck>Carr one wears makeup one looks like a super manly caveman

Rausch 01-26-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 12710298)
Luck>Carr one wears makeup one looks like a super manly caveman

Carr called his dislocated pinkie "the greatest pain I've ever felt in my life."

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

The Franchise 01-26-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12710302)
Carr called his dislocated pinkie "the greatest pain I've ever felt in my life."

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

I bet that broken leg changed his mind.

DaneMcCloud 01-26-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12709333)
You really think the Chiefs would give Ballard a raise WITHOUT Ballard agreeing to stay at least the next year?

Any new contract/raise would absolutely include something that kept Ballard in KC for another year.

That's not how business, or promotions, work.

Giving Ballard a raise is mutually exclusive from Ballard interviewing for a higher level position in another organization.

Also, if the Chiefs could have blocked him from interviewing but didn't.

Rausch 01-26-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12710306)

Giving Ballard a raise is mutually exclusive from Ballard interviewing for a higher level position in another organization.

How exactly do front office contracts work?

Are they in any way similar to player contracts?

I doubt it...

RunKC 01-26-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12709333)

No employer would force an employee to stay with them and not interview for a job they want unless they are morons.

Mr. Laz 01-26-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12710302)

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

lol

got me

tk13 01-26-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12709996)
Yeah, physically Luck is superior to Carr in every way. And from a passing standpoint, he's more aggressive and more accurate downfield.

If you're backing Carr's horse here, it has to be on the basis of intangibles and frankly, I don't see Carr being any sort of cut above Luck in that regard either. Luck's a very smart quarterback and by all accounts a premier leader in the lockerroom.

I see nothing that Carr does better than Luck nor do I see anyplace where he's likely to surpass Luck. Carr had potentially the best OL in football and 2 WRs playing at a premium level. Luck had Hilton and a trash OL because Grigson is hot garbage.

I'd take Luck over Carr 10 times out of 10. Carr's going to be a good player, but more in the Phillip Rivers to Luck's Tom Brady. Rivers was a very good quarterback but still a tick below Brady. Such will be the case with Luck/Carr going forward.

I mean...until Mahomes blows by both of them.

There was a stat that came out in December, I'd have to find it... But Luck has had something like 35 different starting offensive lines. Thirty five. That's crazy. He's basically averaging a different starting OL once every two games in his career.

Luck is basically where Matt Ryan used to be. There was a time where a lot of people would say that he wasn't a franchise guy, but he absolutely is. Honestly I'm not sure any of these other guys have been given the load of crap Luck was handed. Terrible running game, poor defense, awful OL. Give him the Seahawks defense and watch what happens.

Mr. Laz 01-26-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12710306)

Sure that's how it works if the employer is just giving an employee a raise.

but that's not what was happening, it was a leverage situation

I've been on both sides of the situation

Workers - Headhunter wants me to leave
Boss- we want you to stay
Worker - I dunno, it's a good opportunity
Boss - How about if we give you a raise, would that help you decide to stay?
Worker - Ok, sounds good to me
Boss - Sound great, you agree to stay another year and we increase you pay xxx amount. How's that?
Worker - Yes, I'll stay or No, I need more money than that. (rinse/repeat bargain wage)

That would be how a friendly and respectful employment situation works. The Employer and Employee both give something and get something ... win/win.

If the employee is doing one of these ... "I'll take the raise but that doesn't mean shit about me leaving" then he's being a disrespectful dick.

If Ballard wants to interview to leave, then fine ... do it.
If Ballard wants to use an interview as leverage to get a raise but then stay ... fine.

His talent and marketability give him that power and give him that choice.

But you don't do BOTH unless you don't give a **** about your current employment situation.

Hoopsdoc 01-26-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12710346)
There was a stat that came out in December, I'd have to find it... But Luck has had something like 35 different starting offensive lines. Thirty five. That's crazy. He's basically averaging a different starting OL once every two games in his career.

Luck is basically where Matt Ryan used to be. There was a time where a lot of people would say that he wasn't a franchise guy, but he absolutely is. Honestly I'm not sure any of these other guys have been given the load of crap Luck was handed. Terrible running game, poor defense, awful OL. Give him the Seahawks defense and watch what happens.

Andrew HAS to learn how to give up. Take the dump off. He tends to hold on to the ball just a split second to long trying to hit the home run.

I've watched every snap of every game since he's been in the league and that's his biggest flaw.

RunKC 01-26-2017 07:06 PM

Word is Ballard is the favorite. Sucks but it was bound to happen anyway.

Beethoven 01-27-2017 09:26 PM

Chris Ballard is the leading candidate for the Colts GM opening according to NFL.com.

Mr. Laz 01-27-2017 10:12 PM

With our luck, Ballard will have been the one with the keen eye not Dorsey.

Let the sucketh beginneth againeth

Dante84 01-27-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Who’s the G.M. favorite in Indy?

When the better-never-than-late G.M. search began in Indy, the sense in league circles was that the team eventually would promote Jimmy Raye III after engaging in a perfunctory outside search that would legitimize staying in-house with Raye. When the names began to be compiled for the search process, however, it appeared that the Colts were doing more than merely lining up a few courtesy interviews before doing the inevitable.

Six days later, there’s a renewed sense that Raye eventually may emerge with the job. The involvement of coach Chuck Pagano in the interviews bolsters the notion that owner Jim Irsay highly values the coach-G.M. relationship. If that’s a major factor, the safest course will be to match Raye and Pagano — if they see eye to eye, unlike Pagano and former G.M. Ryan Grigson.

Promoting Raye also makes it easier to put G.M. and coach on equal footing for accountability purposes, with both being told that either they succeed together or fail together. It would be difficult to tell a new G.M. from the outside that he’s fused at the hip with Pagano.

So if it doesn’t work between Raye and Pagano, that would be the occasion to press the reset button, hire someone from the outside, and hire a new coach.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...orite-in-indy/

Dante84 01-27-2017 10:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told that Chiefs exec Chris Ballard is the &quot;clear favorite&quot; for the Colts GM job. I&#39;m also told he wants to change the head coach.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825171042062655488">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told that Pagano is a &quot;deal breaker&quot; for Ballard. Meaning Ballard will take the job so long as Pagano is canned.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825171633342013440">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One source close to the team said that Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub is &quot;Ballard&#39;s guy,&quot; suggesting Toub is who Ballard wants as HC.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825172121894604800">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told Vikings exec George Paton is a &quot;close second&quot; behind Ballard for the Colts GM job.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825174181281034241">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I don&#39;t have any info on how the interview with Packers Eliot Wolf went, but I&#39;m told Jimmy Raye is considered the &quot;fallback option.&quot;</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825174711445266433">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also told the 2 SEA execs interviewed for Colts GM job (Kirchner and Fitterer) also wanted to change the HC. Tom Cable&#39;s name was mentioned.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825181675487260673">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reading between the lines, the only GM candidate I can see that ensures Chuck Pagano is safe for 2017 is Jimmy Raye.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825182175251230720">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>

Dante84 01-27-2017 10:36 PM

Well, we could be losing both Ballard and Toub. That would ****ing suck, especially after losing Toub's top assistant to Denver.

Bowser 01-27-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12713479)
Well, we could be losing both Ballard and Toub. That would ****ing suck, especially after losing Toub's top assistant to Denver.

Jesus

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12713479)

Belichick loses peeps nearly every year.

All he does win.

Bowser 01-27-2017 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12713554)
Belichick loses peeps nearly every year.

All he does win.

I don't know if Belichick is the greatest coach ever, nor do I know if Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, but Belichick and Brady together are far and away the greatest coach/QB combo the NFL has EVER seen in its history.

RunKC 01-27-2017 11:43 PM

The Colts guy seems like a Nick Athan. If you aren't "verified" on Twitter than you probably don't have inside info.

But if true that would be a massive hit for us. It's going to happen at some point, just hope not this year.

Dante84 01-27-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12713560)
The Colts guy seems like a Nick Athan. If you aren't "verified" on Twitter than you probably don't have inside info.

But if true that would be a massive hit for us. It's going to happen at some point, just hope not this year.

Yeah, just googled him and he has just as many haters as Athan does.

A glimmer of hope.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12713570)
Yeah, just googled him and he has just as many haters as Athan does.

A glimmer of hope.

Eh, if he's gone, he's gone.

If it doesn't happen this year, it'll happen next.

It's kind of silly.

Dante84 01-28-2017 12:12 AM

I'm thrilled with how well we've drafted over the past 4 years. I'm also thrilled with how well our Special Teams unit has performed in that time frame.

When you perform well, you rise the ranks and move on. Selfishly, I hope that doesn't happen this year, and will root for it to play out that way.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2017 07:48 PM

Looks like Ballard is leaving and Toub is going with him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

kcchiefsus 01-28-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs don't have a chance of finding a QB, so it's pretty obvious that we're going to be surpassed pretty quickly by Ballard and Toub in Indy.

Quesadilla Joe 01-28-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12714678)
Looks like Ballard is leaving and Toub is going with him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

I thought Pagano was pretty much safe?

I could've swore that I read that the new potential GM's were meeting with Pagono 1 on 1.

tk13 01-28-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12714712)
The Chiefs don't have a chance of finding a QB, so it's pretty obvious that we're going to be surpassed pretty quickly by Ballard and Toub in Indy.

Even if the Chiefs draft 1st round QBs every year for the next decade, there's a pretty solid chance they won't get an Andrew Luck. So if they offer it to Ballard I imagine he's gone. No reason to plow through a bunch of Tannehills and Manziels when you can have Luck, in his prime, handed to you on a platter.

Quesadilla Joe 01-28-2017 08:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts bringing Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard back for a second interview, per Colts source. First candidate to get second int.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/825537884837048321">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

RunKC 01-28-2017 09:00 PM

Colts are about to be the team of the AFC in a couple years when Toub and Ballard build them up

pugsnotdrugs19 01-28-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12714790)
Colts are about to be the team of the AFC in a couple years when Toub and Ballard build them up

Ehh, they'd be lucky in the sense that they have Luck already, but neither has ever performed the job that they would in Indy.

I guess what I'm saying is, most thought Pioli was going to be a mastermind too.

kcchiefsus 01-28-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12714813)
Ehh, they'd be lucky in the sense that they have Luck already, but neither has ever performed the job that they would in Indy.

I guess what I'm saying is, most thought Pioli was going to be a mastermind too.

Just having a QB puts them light years ahead of the Chiefs, and we know the Chiefs won't be able to successfully find a QB.

Chief Northman 01-28-2017 09:58 PM

This sounds like a formality now. Toub will follow Ballard out of town, and the Chiefs will be gutted of two of their "shining stars" on staff. With uncertainty around Dorsey's status after this year, I am sadly convinced that this regime may have already peaked.

The divisional loss to Pittsburgh hurts even more. The Chiefs draft low again, their SOS for next season is a bitch, and by all accounts, the qb position will be status quo. Too many ascending teams in the AFC. The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12714956)
The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Fear not. The 2018 QB class is on it's way.

Hope will be restored.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12714773)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts bringing Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard back for a second interview, per Colts source. First candidate to get second int.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/825537884837048321">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

Why do you just pop in and post negative Chief news??? Turd.

Chief Northman 01-28-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12714966)
Fear not. The 2018 QB class is on it's way.

Hope will be restored.

Well maybe a lacklustre 2017 campaign can yield the Chiefs a pick in the draft where they might actually be in range for a legitimate franchise qb.

Not intrigued by what is available this year - too many warts on all these prospects.

Discuss Thrower 01-28-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12714956)
This sounds like a formality now. Toub will follow Ballard out of town, and the Chiefs will be gutted of two of their "shining stars" on staff. With uncertainty around Dorsey's status after this year, I am sadly convinced that this regime may have already peaked.

The divisional loss to Pittsburgh hurts even more. The Chiefs draft low again, their SOS for next season is a bitch, and by all accounts, the qb position will be status quo. Too many ascending teams in the AFC. The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Can't say people didn't ****ing see any of this coming four years ago. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12715028)
Can't say people didn't ****ing see any of this coming four years ago. :rolleyes:

I'll color you as a ****ing moron instead

Dante84 01-28-2017 11:30 PM

Safe to say Ballard knows our full draft board thus far, and our strategy going into FA and the draft. That sucks.

I also wonder how many of our scouts he will take with him, or other assistant coaches?

Chief Northman 01-29-2017 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12715108)
Safe to say Ballard knows our full draft board thus far, and our strategy going into FA and the draft. That sucks.

I also wonder how many of our scouts he will take with him, or other assistant coaches?

Definitely concerning.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-29-2017 12:27 AM

Even if Ballard/Toub were to leave, and considering everything else, I'd have a hard time seeing less than 9 wins....

But, I'd have just as hard of a time seeing more than 10.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12715028)

Huh? You predicted the team to win like 7games this year, nostradumbass