ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are the Cowboys simply trolling the Non-True-Fan Chiefs Fans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304366)

Pitt Gorilla 12-09-2016 11:52 PM

Are the Cowboys simply trolling the Non-True-Fan Chiefs Fans?

The Dallas Cowboys have spent the past five years putting together a dominant offensive line (Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, and Zack Martin are all Pro-Bowl first rounders, and they took a chance on La'el Collins). This year, they took a running back in the first round to round out their running game. Looking for a long-term replacement for their undrafted FA starting QB, they took a QB in round 4, who has now led their team to an 11-1 record.

In other words, they've executed the True Fan playbook (draft fatties early and QBs late) to perfection and are now succeeding due to it.

http://richestcelebrities.org/wp-con...-Net-Worth.jpg http://freemakeblogpool.freemake.net...-face-meme.png

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-09-2016 11:54 PM

The more likely explanation, and especially due a franchise like Dallas( being run by a complete ****tard as it has been for decades now ), is that they have once again managed to step in to a magical shit-pile.

Rasputin 12-09-2016 11:58 PM

Well apparently they are because it pisses me off that the did it and we haven't

**** you Cowboys.

But we did draft Eric Fisher and our line is improving so we shouldn't have any excuse not to draft and play a quarterback otf.

He doesn't have to sit out a year just needs reps in practice and play when he gets the playbook down.

Miles 12-10-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12609966)
The more likely explanation, and especially due a franchise like Dallas( being run by a complete ****tard as it has been for decades now ), is that they have once again managed to step in to a magical shit-pile.

Dak is really the only one that might qualify for that dumb luck but think a fair part of his success is due to situation that had already been set up. I hate the Cowboys as anyone should but have had to listen to several years around Dallas of WTF is this stupid team doing drafting OL when they need D. Romo is the worst, why are they drafting OL instead of Jhonny football or another QB. These guys are idiots for taking a RB so high, etc.

Hate to say it but their plan has paid off.

Saccopoo 12-10-2016 01:17 AM

Good thread...

http://fearless-assassins.com/upload...0_30_19065.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 12610001)
Dak is really the only one that might qualify for that dumb luck but think a fair part of his success is due to situation that had already been set up. I hate the Cowboys as anyone should but have had to listen to several years around Dallas of WTF is this stupid team doing drafting OL when they need D. Romo is the worst, why are they drafting OL instead of Jhonny football or another QB. These guys are idiots for taking a RB so high, etc.

Hate to say it but their plan has paid off.

You answered your own question. Building an offense around Romo makes sense.
Kansas City does not have a QB with which to build an offense around, so building up the defense for a long-term benefit while simultaneously helping to cover the deficiencies of "he who just wins"( LMAO )is the smart man's move by Dorsey.

ChiefsCountry 12-10-2016 08:15 AM

They sure won a lot of games with that super offensive line last season.

Cowboys have the look of a one done come play off time.

Hoover 12-10-2016 08:41 AM

TruFan here.

I like drafting big fatties in every draft. If it were up to me I'd take one in the first three rounds of every draft. Obviously I would prefer spending late seconds and late thirds but on occasion you need to use a first rounder. In many ways Dorsey has done this with Fisher, Morse, and our new LG. The fact of the matter is that oline accounts for a high precentage of a teams roster and spending FA money on linemen is generally a poor investment. I like that we added Schwartz at RT we really needed it, but face it a team is never finished investing in their oline. Think about it, would Gould you rather give Frenchy a big contract when he is up or invest another thirds rounder in the position. Now if LDT can be signed to a team friendly deal then great, but otherwise let someone else pay him and I'll take the comp pick.

RunKC 12-10-2016 08:51 AM

the game is won in the trenches. Ray Lewis himself just said the trenches account for 80% of the game.

And he's right. Morons who disagree with this don't look at history

RealSNR 12-10-2016 09:32 AM

Since 1994 (22 years) the Chiefs have only drafted a QB higher than Round 5 once.

What you fail to realize is that KC is doing what they should be at OL by responsibly filling in gaps with mid-round picks.

But they're still leaving out that one very important part of the Cowboys blueprint that makes it sing instead of flounder.

Mecca 12-10-2016 09:54 AM

Those dudes they picked high were almost no risk honestly. Smith, Frederick and Martin were all pretty much slam dunks. When you have years of bad picks sometimes you decide hey lets take someone who can actually contribute. Even Elliot was pretty much a slam dunk there was nothing hard about what they did, they just got lucky their rookie QB is good when in reality he was about their 5th choice for the position.

And on top of that they have a couple of good players like Collins and Bryant because they were willing to take a risk on the dudes.

Hoover 12-10-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610156)
Since 1994 (22 years) the Chiefs have only drafted a QB higher than Round 5 once.

What you fail to realize is that KC is doing what they should be at OL by responsibly filling in gaps with mid-round picks.

But they're still leaving out that one very important part of the Cowboys blueprint that makes it sing instead of flounder.

By all means draft a quarterback in the first that still doesn't mean we can't take a fatty in rounds two or three

King_Chief_Fan 12-10-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12610108)
They sure won a lot of games with that super offensive line last season.

Cowboys have the look of a one done come play off time.

:spock:....wut?

Mecca 12-10-2016 09:57 AM

Not really sure where he's getting the 1 and done, the Cowboys look like a damn good team.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610175)
Those dudes they picked high were almost no risk honestly. Smith, Frederick and Martin were all pretty much slam dunks. When you have years of bad picks sometimes you decide hey lets take someone who can actually contribute. Even Elliot was pretty much a slam dunk there was nothing hard about what they did, they just got lucky their rookie QB is good when in reality he was about their 5th choice for the position.

And on top of that they have a couple of good players like Collins and Bryant because they were willing to take a risk on the dudes.

And yet the year we get the #1 overall.... the best we were dealt was Fisher. Eric was a very risky pick in comparison, and took his time in becoming a good player.

**** me.

RealSNR 12-10-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12610176)
By all means draft a quarterback in the first that still doesn't mean we can't take a fatty in rounds two or three

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE ALREADY DOING.

And most people are down with how it's going.

The reason why this fatty thing has a stigma is because people were pounding the table for David DeCastro and Cameron Irving in drafts when we NEEDED to start taking shots at real QB prospects.

****ing INTERIOR linemen. With middle 1st round picks.

THAT shit is disgusting, and if you still think that garbage is a good idea, then yes, I will ceaselessly mock you as a true fan. I will do so to every true fan out there.

The Cowboys blowing a 1st round pick on an interior lineman isn't the reason why their line is good. Other than that, they're doing nothing differently than we are.

First round LT
Second round C (twice for us, even!)
FA RT

RealSNR 12-10-2016 10:02 AM

Anybody wanna bet the Cowboys don't make the Super Bowl?

Rookie QBs don't go to the Super Bowl. It doesn't happen. It never has.

RealSNR 12-10-2016 10:04 AM

I'm starting to get my hackles up.

Come get your spankings, True Fans! You've been very very naughty!

PunkinDrublic 12-10-2016 10:04 AM

The cowboys lucked into Dak. Their defense isn't very good but lucky for them most teams can't keep pace with their offense.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610187)

Agreed.

Sincerely,
Big Ben

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12610084)
You answered your own question. Building an offense around Romo makes sense.
Kansas City does not have a QB with which to build an offense around, so building up the defense for a long-term benefit while simultaneously helping to cover the deficiencies of "he who just wins"( LMAO )is the smart man's move by Dorsey.

The Chiefs have more than a decade long history of taking defensive players early, especially in the first round.

DJ, Hali, Dorsey, Jackson, Berry, Poe, Ford, Peters and Jones were all first picks of the Chiefs since 2005. Hell, we could go back further and the philosophy remains the same.

Your comment is pure shit and completely false.

Mecca 12-10-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12610185)
And yet the year we get the #1 overall.... the best we were dealt was Fisher. Eric was a very risky pick in comparison, and took his time in becoming a good player.

**** me.

Yea, it works out shitty sometimes. Interior linemen taken in the first almost always succeed unless you have terrible coaching or miss a guy being a lazy bum or something like that.

Tyron Smith is one of the best OT prospects I've ever seen, I watched his whole college career. You don't get much better than getting a 20 year old guy with better natural athletic talent than a OT should ever have. Sometimes you just get lucky and the Cowboys did with that one.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 12610189)
The cowboys lucked into Dak. Their defense isn't very good but lucky for them most teams can't keep pace with their offense.

You can only luck into a Dak, if you try. Andy has drafted 2 QB's the last 2 years. At least he's somewhat trying. Would obviously like to see a higher level of investment though (1st\2nd).

Gotta keep trying.

RunKC 12-10-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

This year is different though. Aside from Seattle, idk who can beat them.

Detroit
Atlanta
NYG
TB

All those teams won't stop the Cowboys running game. The NFC is horseshit this year compared to the AFC

Mecca 12-10-2016 10:08 AM

I'm pretty sure Dallas can beat those teams handing off and passing 15 times and doing some read options.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610192)
Yea, it works out shitty sometimes. Interior linemen taken in the first almost always succeed unless you have terrible coaching or miss a guy being a lazy bum or something like that.

Tyron Smith is one of the best OT prospects I've ever seen, I watched his whole college career. You don't get much better than getting a 20 year old guy with better natural athletic talent than a OT should ever have. Sometimes you just get lucky and the Cowboys did with that one.

and with La'el Collins, and Dak Prescott... just in the last 2 years

Mecca 12-10-2016 10:12 AM

I don't consider Collins lucky they took a chance when other teams didn't, risk/reward, no different than the Chiefs and Hill.

Prescott is pure luck seeing as they tried to draft a couple of other guys instead of him and didn't get them.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610202)
I don't consider Collins lucky they took a chance when other teams didn't, risk/reward, no different than the Chiefs and Hill.

Prescott is pure luck seeing as they tried to draft a couple of other guys instead of him and didn't get them.

You look up post draft and one of the most talented guys in the entire draft is still avaiable... and wants to sign with you. Then immediately turns into a very good player. There's a bit of luck involved in that, despite how you wordsmith it.

RunKC 12-10-2016 10:19 AM

As much as this will piss off SNR, the Chiefs need to go the true fan way early (unless a QB is available). The division is full of pass rushers.

Look at the Oakland game vs Denver. They ran the same ****ing play 10X in the 2nd half. They ran it up the ****ing gut and crushed Denver's soul. I want a massive G like Kelechi Osemele.

It makes sense too considering we all know Alex is the QB here for at least 2 more years and a good OL/running game is vital to have success with him.

Mecca 12-10-2016 10:20 AM

I was stunned no one used a 7th rounder on him seeing as most 7ths get cut anyway. What was ours that year Da'Ron Brown? Now see that's one I'll be slightly critical of it's not like no one knew that Collins was good.

Mecca 12-10-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610210)
As much as this will piss off SNR, the Chiefs need to go the true fan way early (unless a QB is available). The division is full of pass rushers.

Look at the Oakland game vs Denver. They ran the same ****ing play 10X in the 2nd half. They ran it up the ****ing gut and crushed Denver's soul. I want a massive G like Kelechi Osemele.

It makes sense too considering we all know Alex is the QB here for at least 2 more years and a good OL/running game is vital to have success with him.

Those super expensive linemen are going to be a problem when Carr and Mack get paid...

RealSNR 12-10-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12610190)
Agreed.

Sincerely,
Big Ben

Big Ben didn't go to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

RealSNR 12-10-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

The division is full of pass rushers.

Sounds frightening. I guess we should do whatever it takes if we want to be undefeated in the division.

Oh... wait...

RealSNR 12-10-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

And look, I get that we could stand to upgrade our LG, but you can't just draft fatties just to draft them. You gotta have the right one. Do you think Reid wants another Danny Watkins on his hands?

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610235)
And look, I get that we could stand to upgrade our LG, but you can't just draft fatties just to draft them. You gotta have the right one. Do you think Reid wants another Danny Watkins on his hands?

Ehinger was far superior to Fulton and there's no reason to believe that he won't be just as good (if not better, due to experience and upper body strength) after recovering from ACL surgery.

Again, with the extra comp picks (and Dorsey's propensity to move around in the draft), I think the Chiefs are looking for depth at the guard position, not a starter, which once again, will happen somewhere between the 4th and 6th round.

PunkinDrublic 12-10-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12610193)
You can only luck into a Dak, if you try. Andy has drafted 2 QB's the last 2 years. At least he's somewhat trying. Would obviously like to see a higher level of investment though (1st\2nd).

Gotta keep trying.

The QBs we drafted didn't light it up in the pre season like Dak did. That's no slight on our guys because Dak is an extremely rare exception. Sometimes guys come into the league and things just click faster than expected.

RunKC 12-10-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12610244)
Ehinger was far superior to Fulton and there's no reason to believe that he won't be just as good (if not better, due to experience and upper body strength) after recovering from ACL surgery.

Again, with the extra comp picks (and Dorsey's propensity to move around in the draft), I think the Chiefs are looking for depth at the guard position, not a starter, which once again, will happen somewhere between the 4th and 6th round.

Agreed.

I think multiple OL will be taken in this upcoming draft, not in the 1st round though.
Fulton and LDT are both FA's after next year and I think we could see Dorsey using the same model GB used this year adding multiple OL to groom for a year.
Also the "6th lineman" is now really popular and we've been using it. I would love to have a massive athletic OL to use in those situations.

I trust Dorsey and Andy to find guys. Morse was a great pick and Ehinger looked pretty damn good this year when he played.

RealSNR 12-10-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610274)
Agreed.

I think multiple OL will be taken in this upcoming draft, not in the 1st round though.
Fulton and LDT are both FA's after next year and I think we could see Dorsey using the same model GB used this year adding multiple OL to groom for a year.
Also the "6th lineman" is now really popular and we've been using it. I would love to have a massive athletic OL to use in those situations.

I trust Dorsey and Andy to find guys. Morse was a great pick and Ehinger looked pretty damn good this year when he played.

Okay. So you're comfortable with the way the Chiefs are handling the offensive line.

Then why did you throw out that weird, "The Chiefs need to go True Fan way early" bullshit earlier in this thread?

Mecca 12-10-2016 11:03 AM

They may do 1 guard and 1 tackle but they seem to like having atleast 1 guy with experience on the bench so I don't see Jah Reid going anywhere.

DaneMcCloud 12-10-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610274)

Jah Reid is under contract through the 2018 season and barring injury, that seems to be his role at this time.

Easy 6 12-10-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Theres a first time for everything, and it looks like if any rookie could pull it off... its Prescott

I've been calling for him to hit a wall for weeks, for some good coordinator to finally confuse him, pick and sack him to death... and it just keeps not happening

They're as safe a bet to make the super bowl as any NFC team IMO, whos going to stop them?

RealSNR 12-10-2016 11:10 AM

#NeverDeCastro #NeverWarmack #NeverIrving #NeverMartin

Mecca 12-10-2016 11:14 AM

Odd how Warmack is the only one that blows...rule of thumb avoid Alabama players, almost none of them have panned out.

RealSNR 12-10-2016 11:14 AM

You know what pisses me off?

I've actually been calling for the Chiefs to draft a real OT for the past 2-3 years. Not some asshole that they move to guard. An honest to goodness OT. A swing tackle. A guy who's not going to get ****ed up if Fisher or Schwartz goes down (I still can't believe Jah Reid is our backup LT... the thought of that is horrifying to me).

They haven't done it. A few times I found a guy I REALLY liked in the 1st round. They still haven't done it.

I'm not opposed to athletes who play offensive line. I'm opposed to fatties (interior linemen) in the first round. I'd like to avoid them in the 2nd as well, but I understand that sometimes you just gotta.

Mecca 12-10-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610294)
You know what pisses me off?

I've actually been calling for the Chiefs to draft a real OT for the past 2-3 years. Not some asshole that they move to guard. An honest to goodness OT. A swing tackle. A guy who's not going to get ****ed up if Fisher or Schwartz goes down (I still can't believe Jah Reid is our backup LT... the thought of that is horrifying to me).

They haven't done it. A few times I found a guy I REALLY liked in the 1st round. They still haven't done it.

I'm not opposed to athletes who play offensive line. I'm opposed to fatties (interior linemen) in the first round. I'd like to avoid them in the 2nd as well, but I understand that sometimes you just gotta.

Mitch Schwartz is in all reality the backup LT, but if you want a "swing" tackle that's a 4th round pick not a 1st round pick.

Easy 6 12-10-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610293)
Odd how Warmack is the only one that blows...rule of thumb avoid Alabama players, almost none of them have panned out.

Its good to see you back, btw

Whats with the extended absence?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-10-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610181)
Not really sure where he's getting the 1 and done, the Cowboys look like a damn good team.

I have a feeling that certain fans are frothing for a KC/DAL super bowl, and that KC's defense will be all that is required to keep Dallas in check and win the game.

And then I laugh.

Easy 6 12-10-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12610329)
I have a feeling that certain fans are frothing for a KC/DAL super bowl, and that KC's defense will be all that is required to keep Dallas in check and win the game.

And then I laugh.

:shake:

Mecca 12-10-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12610310)
Its good to see you back, btw

Whats with the extended absence?

I always have lots of things to do so sometimes I just read stuff and don't post much.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610226)

I was agreeing with you. As if there was anyone that was going to do it, it would have been Ben. His team was what 15-1 that year and looked like surefire SuperBowl team... but mr. Brady had something to say about it. He did go in his #2 year. But if there is\was ever a Rookie qb would have done it. That was the team to do it, and he couldn't. I don't think Dak will get the Cowboys this year, either. Their pass defense is just too flawed. Much like KC's, they give up a ton of yards but don't allow a lot of points. In the end, I don't think they'll be able to sustain in the playoffs against the other elites of the NFC. As much as Dak is a great story, he won't make the SB this season.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-10-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 12610270)
The QBs we drafted didn't light it up in the pre season like Dak did. That's no slight on our guys because Dak is an extremely rare exception. Sometimes guys come into the league and things just click faster than expected.

Yep, and the way to catch that lightning in a bottle is to keep trying.

RunKC 12-10-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610277)
Okay. So you're comfortable with the way the Chiefs are handling the offensive line.

Then why did you throw out that weird, "The Chiefs need to go True Fan way early" bullshit earlier in this thread?

Fulton isn't a starter and LDT has been merely "okay". Imagine a Mitch Morse type guy at RG?

Domination

RealSNR 12-10-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610370)
Fulton isn't a starter and LDT has been merely "okay". Imagine a Mitch Morse type guy at RG?

Domination

LDT has been more than just okay. I'd actually call him a good RG at this point.

And you were just talking to Dane about how you think Ehinger also looks like a pretty good longterm starter at LG. Fulton ain't gonna start there next year if the Chiefs can help it.

So where's this magic upgrade you want? Is it LDT?

RunKC 12-10-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610386)
LDT has been more than just okay. I'd actually call him a good RG at this point.

And you were just talking to Dane about how you think Ehinger also looks like a pretty good longterm starter at LG. Fulton ain't gonna start there next year if the Chiefs can help it.

So where's this magic upgrade you want? Is it LDT?

We couldn't run on a shitty Falcons defense and we couldn't run on a depleted Raiders DL even with Jah Reid in the game.

Sure getting Ehinger back will help a lot, but what if he gets hurt again? I want competition for LDT too.

I'm not saying to use a 1st rd pick there, and it would have to be a really good Morse type of player if it's round 2.
I'm thinking a 3rd rd G sounds reasonable.

But if it's a 1st or 2nd rd OL I really won't complain as long as he's good. Raiders and Cowboys have clobbered good DL's most of the year and made their QB's look so much better than they are.

Easy 6 12-10-2016 01:39 PM

As it currently stands, this O line is definitely too finesse... Wares longest run thursday was 8 yards

Thats obviously not good enough, and the majority of blame surely rests with the line

RealSNR 12-10-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12610431)
We couldn't run on a shitty Falcons defense and we couldn't run on a depleted Raiders DL even with Jah Reid in the game.

Sure getting Ehinger back will help a lot, but what if he gets hurt again? I want competition for LDT too.

I'm not saying to use a 1st rd pick there, and it would have to be a really good Morse type of player if it's round 2.
I'm thinking a 3rd rd G sounds reasonable.

But if it's a 1st or 2nd rd OL I really won't complain as long as he's good. Raiders and Cowboys have clobbered good DL's most of the year and made their QB's look so much better than they are.

So you'd agree that staying the course and only ever using mid-round picks on our OL is the right way to go, right? That's the strategy I've been all about since the year of the McGlynn.

That's a far cry from blowing our wads on interior line like you suggested.

saphojunkie 12-10-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Ben Roethlesberger.

saphojunkie 12-10-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12610226)

Shit, right. Second year.

keg in kc 12-10-2016 03:39 PM

It's just a re-execution of the Patriots plan. Dak is making them look like geniouses just like Brady has.

Seems about right. It works once every fifteen years or so.

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610202)

How does a team try to draft a guy and fail?

Baby Lee 12-10-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12611179)
How does a team try to draft a guy and fail?

It was widely reported that Dallas was outmaneuvered for Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook before settling for Dak.

Moved up for Paxton, but Denver moved up further. Waited for Connor at their appointed slot in the 4th, and Oakland jumped the line on them at the last minute.

RealSNR 12-10-2016 11:49 PM

Dak was the 3rd QB for the longest time. That was the issue people had with the Kellen Moore injury-- nobody was behind him if Romo went down like he usually does

Eleazar 12-11-2016 12:35 AM

Dallas would be in the cellar but for a young QB with a bright future.

Who needs one of those?

NJChiefsFan 12-11-2016 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12611289)

Who needs one of those?

If Romo was there they wouldn't be in the cellar. Elliot is very good. Their oline is elite. How can you possibly say they would be in the cellar without him? Or are you saying if they didn't have him or Romo? Well yeah, without any of their top 3 QBs, they would be in trouble. Shocking.

Anyong Bluth 12-11-2016 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 12610189)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12610190)
Agreed.

Sincerely,
Big Ben

...and the counterargument is sitting in San Francisco.

Everyone was blowing Kaep as the new hotness. Now, he's just a hot mess.

Dak may be helping the Cowboys to winning season, and the line and RB are taking a lot of pressure off things before you even add to the fact he's got good weapons to throw to.

Sorry, but look at their schedule :

Wins against the Skins, 49ers, Bears, Browns, Eagles, Bengals, Packers, Vikings isn't impressive. Credit to them for the Steelers on the road and at home against the Ravens.
They've got the 6th easiest schedule in the NFL.

1.Atlanta Falcons
2.Philadelphia Eagles
3.Cleveland Browns
4.Cincinnati Bengals
5.Washington Redskins
6.Carolina Panthers
7.Jacksonville Jaguars
8.San Francisco 49ers
9.Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10.New York Jets
11.San Diego Chargers
12.Kansas City Chiefs
13.Los Angeles Rams
14.Buffalo Bills
15.Houston Texans
16.Pittsburgh Steelers
17.Oakland Raiders
18.Denver Broncos
19.New Orleans Saints
20.Minnesota Vikings
21.Green Bay Packers
22.Seattle Seahawks
23.Chicago Bears
24.New York Giants
25.Miami Dolphins
26.Indianapolis Colts
27.Dallas Cowboys
28.Arizona Cardinals
29.Detroit Lions
30.Tennessee Titans
31.New England Patriots
32.Baltimore Ravens

Btw, how the hell does NE get the 2nd easiest schedule?

Pitt Gorilla 12-11-2016 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12611289)

Who needs one of those?

If one is sitting there in the fourth, it's not a horrible idea to take him. It's not like we're suggesting that a team take Geno Smith in the first.

Simply Red 12-11-2016 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 12610341)
I always have lots of things to do so sometimes I just read stuff and don't post much.

oh really, like what; playing air guitar for ELO?

Hoover 12-11-2016 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12611359)

Dak may be helping the Cowboys to winning season, and the line and RB are taking a lot of pressure off things before you even add to the fact he's got good weapons to throw to.

Wins against the Skins, 49ers, Bears, Browns, Eagles, Bengals, Packers, Vikings isn't impressive. Credit to them for the Steelers on the road and at home against the Ravens.

1.Atlanta Falcons
2.Philadelphia Eagles
3.Cleveland Browns
4.Cincinnati Bengals
5.Washington Redskins
6.Carolina Panthers
7.Jacksonville Jaguars
8.San Francisco 49ers
9.Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10.New York Jets
11.San Diego Chargers
12.Kansas City Chiefs
13.Los Angeles Rams
14.Buffalo Bills
15.Houston Texans
16.Pittsburgh Steelers
17.Oakland Raiders
18.Denver Broncos
19.New Orleans Saints
20.Minnesota Vikings
21.Green Bay Packers
22.Seattle Seahawks
23.Chicago Bears
24.New York Giants
25.Miami Dolphins
26.Indianapolis Colts
27.Dallas Cowboys
28.Arizona Cardinals
29.Detroit Lions
30.Tennessee Titans
31.New England Patriots
32.Baltimore Ravens

Shit division playing another couple shit divisions

MahiMike 12-11-2016 02:34 PM

You can bet the OL draftees will be 6 out of top 10 picked next year.

PunkinDrublic 12-11-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12611359)

1.Atlanta Falcons
2.Philadelphia Eagles
3.Cleveland Browns
4.Cincinnati Bengals
5.Washington Redskins
6.Carolina Panthers
7.Jacksonville Jaguars
8.San Francisco 49ers
9.Tampa Bay Buccaneers
10.New York Jets
11.San Diego Chargers
12.Kansas City Chiefs
13.Los Angeles Rams
14.Buffalo Bills
15.Houston Texans
16.Pittsburgh Steelers
17.Oakland Raiders
18.Denver Broncos
19.New Orleans Saints
20.Minnesota Vikings
21.Green Bay Packers
22.Seattle Seahawks
23.Chicago Bears
24.New York Giants
25.Miami Dolphins
26.Indianapolis Colts
27.Dallas Cowboys
28.Arizona Cardinals
29.Detroit Lions
30.Tennessee Titans
31.New England Patriots
32.Baltimore Ravens

That's a good point and I hope you're proven right. Weak schedule or not they look damn near unstoppable on offense.