ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Does this Chiefs team have a good chance to win the SuperBowl? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304148)

BossChief 12-02-2016 07:56 AM

Does this Chiefs team have a good chance to win the SuperBowl?

Losing Gronk is gonna hurt NEs chances.

KC already beat Denver and Oakland in their houses.

KC is getting Maclin, Nelson and Ford back...and might get Jamaal Charles back for the playoffs.

If KC takes care of business in the division and splits with ATL/Tenn, they have a real chance to get HFA. That happens, this team can beat anyone in the AFC at Arrowhead.

If they make it to the Super Bowl, they have a good chance to take down Dallas, Atlanta or Seattle.

Do you guys think this season has a good chance to end with the Lombardi trophy coming to KC?

Titty Meat 12-02-2016 08:00 AM

No

Shaid 12-02-2016 08:01 AM

We have to get better on offense and then we can beat anyone. We absolutely have the talent and a Gronkless NE is much easier to beat. Remember that last year they beat us with the quick crossing routes, which destroys man to man. No Gronk doesn't eliminate their ability to do that again. With our O like it currently is, we aren't getting past them.

stumppy 12-02-2016 08:01 AM

Define good.

BossChief 12-02-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 12590853)
We have to get better on offense and then we can beat anyone. We absolutely have the talent and a Gronkless NE is much easier to beat. Remember that last year they beat us with the quick crossing routes, which destroys man to man. No Gronk doesn't eliminate their ability to do that again. With our O like it currently is, we aren't getting past them.

Adding Charles and Maclin to the offense that features Ware, Hill, Kelce and a strong OL should help the offense stay on the field longer. Also, Alex Smith has shown the ability to play at a higher level in the playoffs.

BossChief 12-02-2016 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12590854)
Define good.

Dee Ford, Chris Jones, Dontari Poe, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston forcing opposing passers to get rid of the ball quickly...Marcus Peters and Eric Berry capitalizing on imperfect passes.

The offense having scoring threats all over the place.

The best special teams in the league.

DaFace 12-02-2016 08:14 AM

IF we are relatively healthy headed into the playoffs and can get a bye to rest up, I think we've got as good of a chance as anyone.

But every time one guy gets healthy, another goes down. My guess is we'll still be pretty banged up.

Hydrae 12-02-2016 08:15 AM

Certainly the best chance this century. Not that I am feeling overly confident that it will happen but I would say there is a good chance that we can at least get to the dance and then this defense could do similar to what the Browncows did last year.

WhawhaWhat 12-02-2016 08:22 AM

I don't think Andy Reid vs Bill Belichick will ever typically be a good matchup for the Chiefs which will pose a problem as long as the Patriots are still in the AFC. I know the Chiefs had the big blowout on MNF but I think that game was the big anomaly. Andy can't out adjust the Patriots like he does with a lot of other teams.

That said if the Patriots fall before that happens, I think the Chiefs have a really good chance of getting to the SB. If the Cowboys from last night are the best team in the NFC, then I don't think the Chiefs would have much of a problem with them either.

Perineum Ripper 12-02-2016 08:23 AM

Good chance no..a chance, sure.. a blind squirrel can eventually find a nut

TEX 12-02-2016 08:23 AM

Don't think they have a "good" chance to win it. If they win the division and get a bye, their chances increase. I still think they don't have enough on offense. Maybe that changes with a healthy Maclin...Also, on defense, while good, there is always the chance that they get burned deep. Maybe that changes with a dominant pass rush provided by BOTH Dee and Justin. I don't think they have ONE thing they can point to and know, going in, that they have a strong advantage on their opponent that they can lean on to get them through a game. They do cause turnovers, but what happens if they don't? What can they count on to get them through it? They'll need a little luck, but that often happens to good teams en route. Just my take.

Dayze 12-02-2016 08:24 AM

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Lzen 12-02-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12590862)
IF we are relatively healthy headed into the playoffs and can get a bye to rest up, I think we've got as good of a chance as anyone.

But every time one guy gets healthy, another goes down. My guess is we'll still be pretty banged up.

Pretty much this is my view, as well. If the Chiefs can get relatively healthy. That's a big if.

Lzen 12-02-2016 08:26 AM

I voted no but this thinks we have a good chance.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=16

Garcia Bronco 12-02-2016 08:29 AM

I think it is a fair statement to say KC has a better than most chance of making it to the Super Bowl. When you think about it, that's not so bad.

Rooster 12-02-2016 08:31 AM

I voted no because you used the word 'good'. I also have been a fan for many many years and have been hurt before. :(

Amnorix 12-02-2016 08:31 AM

I think KC has a good chance to make it to the SB. The AFC is now up for grabs due to Gronk's injury, and it's all a scrum now.

I don't think anyone has a "good chance to win the Super Bowl" outside of Dallas at this point. But there's alot of football yet to play, and alot of injuries yet to happen.

Sandy Vagina 12-02-2016 08:32 AM

I look at the rest of the AFC, and do not see why anyone would honestly say KC doesn't have a good chance. :shrug:

Mr. Kotter 12-02-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12590862)

THIS

ptlyon 12-02-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12590852)
No

Should've been the end of the thread

TigeRRUppeRRcut 12-02-2016 08:45 AM

It's only fitting that we get a rematch with Pitt or Houston at home.

Hydrae 12-02-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12590882)
I voted no because you used the word 'good'. I also have been a fan for many many years and have been hurt before. :(

It's okay. Just show us on the doll where Mr. Pioli touched you.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 12-02-2016 08:47 AM

1 week ago people wanted to chase Andy and Smith out of town. Then one OT win and TBs manhandling of Seattle changed everything.

Welcome back to the bandwagon, where re-entrance is not limited

ptlyon 12-02-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 12590893)
It's okay. Just show us on the doll where Mr. Pioli Frank Ganz touched you.

Rooster 12-02-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 12590893)
It's okay. Just show us on the doll where Mr. Pioli touched you.

He asked me if I wanted to play corn hole with him and coach Haley. I thought I knew what that meant at the time but I assure I didn't. :eek:

On a side note: Ryan Lilja had some interesting insight on the Pioli years on 610 this morning. It was really ****ed up at 1 Arrowhead Drive for a while.

jjchieffan 12-02-2016 08:51 AM

Clay says that this is the worst Chiefs playoff team ever. Clay is always wrong. Not only wrong, but completely opposite of the correct answer. Therefore, that makes a Superbowl team. Thanks Clay.

ptlyon 12-02-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12590898)
He asked me if I wanted to play corn hole with him and coach Haley. I thought I knew what that meant at the time but I assure I didn't. :eek:

On a side note: Ryan Lilja had some interesting insight on the Pioli years on 610 this morning. It was really ****ed up at 1 Arrowhead Drive for a while.

You really can't get any worse than a player offing themselves in the parking lot

stumppy 12-02-2016 08:56 AM

Right now I wouldn't say they have a good chance. I want to see how they handle the Falcons offense and how healthy they can get in the coming weeks.

Titty Meat 12-02-2016 08:56 AM

Depleted defensive line, shake your secondary and a pedestrian offense. If the offense can play like it did in the 4th quarter against Denver maybe they have a chance but it it's like what we've seen most of the year then no.

KCTitus 12-02-2016 08:58 AM

Two things...

I've seen this play before, and it's called The 1995 Kansas City Chiefs...many wins came in the way of screwy plays, fortunate bounces, etc. Will Andy go 'full tard' in the playoffs like Marty? Remains to be seen.

In the 1995 playoff game, the first play from scrimmage, Greg Hill busts a 25yd run. He did not touch the ball again until late in the 4th quarter. That's Marty.

Second, as a native from Missouri, I'll believe it when I see it...they're going to have to show me by actually doing it.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-02-2016 08:59 AM

Good...no

Chance...absolutely

ptlyon 12-02-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 12590910)
Two things...

I've seen this play before, and it's called The 1995 Kansas City Chiefs...many wins came in the way of screwy plays, fortunate bounces, etc. Will Andy go 'full tard' in the playoffs like Marty? Remains to be seen.

In the 1995 playoff game, the first play from scrimmage, Greg Hill busts a 25yd run. He did not touch the ball again until late in the 4th quarter. That's Marty.

Second, as a native from Missouri, I'll believe it when I see it...they're going to have to show me by actually doing it.

:titus:

Eleazar 12-02-2016 09:09 AM

No.

This team is poorly coached. Reid will cost us a playoff game by blowing clock management, time outs, challenges, and with poor play calling. This might work against our mediocre schedule but doesn't work in the postseason against great teams and great coaches.

The secondary is not championship caliber. In a passing league, we are around 20th in most pass defense categories. We are undermanned against the pass. We have a DPOY caliber corner but with sieves all around, he can just be ignored like Denver did, for big yardage.

This team does not have balance like a great team must have. If one phase is not working great teams can execute in another. We do not have an offense that could win a shootout if our bread and butter (defense) were taken away.

This is a mediocre team living off turnovers. An elite defense plus a below average offense equals a mediocre team that will look better than it is, and go out the first time they are minus in turnover differential.

The head coach and QB are not championship caliber. The rest of the roster, when healthy, might be. But the two spots that make the most difference aren't good enough.

Halfcan 12-02-2016 09:41 AM

I would say no they dont at this time. SB winners usually have 2 things that are dominate. They can run the ball and also stop the run.

KC can run at times, but struggles on 3rd down and are far from dominate.

They have been gashed for big runs all year. Houston back and a healthy Poe should help.

As a bonus, it kills us to have Gaines on the field. Brady will carve us up.

BlackHelicopters 12-02-2016 09:43 AM

No chance in hell.

Red Dawg 12-02-2016 09:48 AM

Only with a 1or 2 seed. To get either we need to have at least 12 wins.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-02-2016 09:54 AM

Everyone keeps saying you need 12 wins to win the division, I'm not so sure on that...

If the Chiefs beat Oakland next week, Oakland has to go 3-1 or better with games vs. BUF, @ SD, vs. IND, @ DEN to get to 12 wins. I don't see them winning but 2 of those 4.

Direckshun 12-02-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12590919)
No.

This team is poorly coached. Reid will cost us a playoff game by blowing clock management, time outs, challenges, and with poor play calling. This might work against our mediocre schedule but doesn't work in the postseason against great teams and great coaches.

The secondary is not championship caliber. In a passing league, we are around 20th in most pass defense categories. We are undermanned against the pass. We have a DPOY caliber corner but with sieves all around, he can just be ignored like Denver did, for big yardage.

This team does not have balance like a great team must have. If one phase is not working great teams can execute in another. We do not have an offense that could win a shootout if our bread and butter (defense) were taken away.

This is a mediocre team living off turnovers. An elite defense plus a below average offense equals a mediocre team that will look better than it is, and go out the first time they are minus in turnover differential.

The head coach and QB are not championship caliber. The rest of the roster, when healthy, might be. But the two spots that make the most difference aren't good enough.

This is pretty silly all around.

Reid's clock management has been money in 2016. I don't know if he is calling the plays, my guess is he's giving those responsibilities to Nagy and Childress. But our clock management has been perfect this year.

You can complain about our mediocre schedule if you want, but we've beaten both 2016's Super Bowl teams in their own houses and we are undefeated in the toughest division in the NFL, two of those three wins coming against teams that are a combined 16-6.

While I agree that our team isn't balanced, neither was Denver's last year or New England's this year.

And while I agree that our secondary is a weak spot, every defense has them. The Broncos can be steamrolled against the run, the Panthers can be passed on, the Seahawks can't cover tight ends and even the Rams, who have a really good defense, gave up 50 points to the Saints.

This Chiefs team isn't perfect, and in a competitive NFC their chances are spotty, but in a wide open AFC, they have as good a chance as anyone. They'll have to prove that over the next month, though.

Graystoke 12-02-2016 10:00 AM

Chiefs are finally going to get their dick wet.
Yep...THIS IS THE YEAR!

ptlyon 12-02-2016 10:01 AM

Ok, with that said, who does everyone see the team to beat in the NFC that will go to the SB?

I still think we drop the xmas game and possibly the Raiders game. If so, this conversation is moot.

Amnorix 12-02-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12590919)
No.

Jesus. 19-3 in the last 22 games or whatever it is, with Alex (good not great) Smith at QB and Houston hurt for a bunch of games and "this team is poorly coached".

Really? REALLY?!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-02-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12590988)
Jesus. 19-3 in the last 22 games or whatever it is and "this team is poorly coached".

Really? REALLY?!

Yes, we have our share of morons. Crazy how big of loons they are.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-02-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12590987)
Ok, with that said, who does everyone see the team to beat in the NFC that will go to the SB?

I still think we drop the xmas game and possibly the Raiders game. If so, this conversation is moot.

You've been saying they are gonna lose every week.

kstater 12-02-2016 10:07 AM

As good a chance as the other contenders

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:08 AM

"Good" can be defined lots of ways.

Barring a total collapse, KC is advancing to the playoffs ... it's all about seeding. They don't control their own destiny to the #1 seed and need help.

I think KC is going to get a really good test this weekend @ Atlanta. Siemien has been blasted all season around here and he just hung 300+ and 3 TDs with no turnovers on KC's defense. I know, I know... you're starting like 9 3rd stringers.

Anyway, injuries are what they are at this point and every team has them. If KC can go into Atlanta and look good on both sides of the ball, while walking away with the win... yes, KC certainly has a 'good' chance of winning a SuperBowl.

However, you don't want to do it on the road. Two of KC's three losses were on the road - HOU and PIT, and ATL is better than both.

The Chiefs can certainly make some noise in the playoffs and four of the remaining five teams on the schedule could very well be in the playoffs, so it should be a good test for them. Especially the defense with the Falcons, Raiders, Titans, Broncos and Chargers ... lots of weapons to see if your defense is truly battle ready.

ptlyon 12-02-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12590994)
You've been saying they are gonna lose every week.

And it works ;) Sometimes.

And to be honest I don't think we come out of Atlanta with a W. And Vegas doesn't see it either. If we do however, this team is better than I think it is. Just have too many nightmares of '95 and '97 I guess. :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni 12-02-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12591002)
And it works ;) Sometimes.

And to be honest I don't think we come out of Atlanta with a W. And Vegas doesn't see it either. If we do however, this team is better than I think it is. Just have too many nightmares of '95 and '97 I guess. :shrug:

I think they lose and go 11-5. What sucks is the Faid have 2 more wins they shouldn't have.

O.city 12-02-2016 10:14 AM

Iirc, the chiefs have played the toughest strength of schedule this season in the nfl

Did I read that right?

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12591003)
I think they lose and go 11-5. What sucks is the Faid have 2 more wins they shouldn't have.

Is KC the only team above .500 that hasn't been gifted a win? Honestly curious... there's always a reason why a team ranked higher shouldn't be ranked higher.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-02-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12591000)
Anyway, injuries are what they are at this point and every team has them.

Well, you're right to an extent. Denver was pretty much completely healthy last week..

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12591005)
Iirc, the chiefs have played the toughest strength of schedule this season in the nfl

Did I read that right?

My guess is the AFCW teams are pretty similar... there's on 2 games that aren't identical.

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12591007)
Well, you're right to an extent. Denver was pretty much completely healthy last week..

Healthy as they have been since week 2, but they weren't without injury issues.

O.city 12-02-2016 10:16 AM

It definitely is nice to have the bye week later in the year.

jjchieffan 12-02-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

"Good" can be defined lots of ways.

Barring a total collapse, KC is advancing to the playoffs ... it's all about seeding. They don't control their own destiny to the #1 seed and need help.

I think KC is going to get a really good test this weekend @ Atlanta. Siemien has been blasted all season around here and he just hung 300+ and 3 TDs with no turnovers on KC's defense. I know, I know... you're starting like 9 3rd stringers.

Anyway, injuries are what they are at this point and every team has them. If KC can go into Atlanta and look good on both sides of the ball, while walking away with the win... yes, KC certainly has a 'good' chance of winning a SuperBowl.

However, you don't want to do it on the road. Two of KC's three losses were on the road - HOU and PIT, and ATL is better than both.

The Chiefs can certainly make some noise in the playoffs and four of the remaining five teams on the schedule could very well be in the playoffs, so it should be a good test for them. Especially the defense with the Falcons, Raiders, Titans, Broncos and Chargers ... lots of weapons to see if your defense is truly battle ready.

No. They don't....yet. But they do control their destiny to the division and the number 2 seed. One loss from NE, as long as KC wins out, would possibly give them HFA. That depends on who NE loses to. The important thing is for KC to finish strong and not drop another game. Then go into the playoffs and vanquish the 13-3 curse once and for all.

O.city 12-02-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12591008)
My guess is the AFCW teams are pretty similar... there's on 2 games that aren't identical.

From what I can tell, the broncos and chiefs have the same sos, with opponents winning percentage at .607

That was last week though so it may have changed.

Rausch 12-02-2016 10:20 AM

If healthy, yes.

If we continue to be beat up, no...

O.city 12-02-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12591013)
No. They don't....yet. But they do control their destiny to the division and the number 2 seed. One loss from NE, as long as KC wins out, would possibly give them HFA. That depends on who NE loses to. The important thing is for KC to finish strong and not drop another game. Then go into the playoffs and vanquish the 13-3 curse once and for all.

Unless the offense FINALLY gets their shit together, they aren't running the table.

Rausch 12-02-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12591015)
From what I can tell, the broncos and chiefs have the same sos, with opponents winning percentage at .607

That was last week though so it may have changed.

When we play them is a big factor.

The Falcons are a much more difficult team to play now than when Oakland played them...

jjchieffan 12-02-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12591017)
Unless the offense FINALLY gets their shit together, they aren't running the table.

Running the table is a necessity to have a shot at HFA. We should be able to drop 1, as long as it's not to the Faiders, and still win the division and the 2 seed. If we beat the Fade, we can probably drop 2, because we will hold the tiebreaker over them and they will likely not run the table either.

Dayze 12-02-2016 10:30 AM

one thing I know for certain, with the Chiefs any time they are in a position to help themselves out in terms of running up to the playoffs, they screw themselves and make everything more difficult. Like if they have a shot for HFA (as a hypothetical example) as long as they beat average team X.....they'll lose. Or if they have a chance to win the division by winning their final two games, the'll lose one. Or, OK, Raiders lost their final game, all we have to do is win against the DeVry Fightin' Tigers and we lock up HFA.......we'd lose.

I expect no less this year.

Eleazar 12-02-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 12590988)
Jesus. 19-3 in the last 22 games or whatever it is, with Alex (good not great) Smith at QB and Houston hurt for a bunch of games and "this team is poorly coached".

Really? REALLY?!

You judge the team by the team's performance as a whole. You judge individuals by their individual performances.

The team's record is good but if you look at Reid individually, every week, Reid is a net negative.

Reid never won anything in Philadelphia outside of making 1 Bowl appearance for these reasons. He has never changed. He gets out coached a lot. He's not a good play caller or game manager. Almost all the time this kills you in the postseason because the games are often close enough for every little thing to matter.

This team has managed a good record so far, through a mix of turnovers, luck, and improbable heroics.

The Chiefs are not really good against the run or the pass. They generate a pass rush which produces sacks, hurries, and turnovers. The Chiefs don't have a traditionally great defense in the sense of a defense that is good at stopping opponents from moving the ball.

This model is not sustainable.

Eventually you have to win a game straight away, with offense and defense and this team doesn't do that. We have very little offense and a defense that rides totally on big plays. The Chiefs can essentially only win one way, as it stands.

Championships are won in the trenches with consistency play to play and with greatness and balance in all phases. They are won by coaches and preparedness and game plans. They are won with consistently high levels of QB play.

This team is a prototypical regular season juggernaut, a classic case of Chiefish 12-4 or 13-3 with a first round exit.

Lzen 12-02-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12590902)
You really can't get any worse than a player offing themselves in the parking lot

I'll bet you could.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VVrsGHs2MCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TigeRRUppeRRcut 12-02-2016 10:37 AM

Turnover differential and red zone defense have been our biggest strengths to this point.
A formidable pass rush with a secondary trying to get healthy will be what will win us our remaining games. An improved offense with Maclin returning will be icing on the cake.

Rausch 12-02-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 12591025)
one thing I know for certain, with the Chiefs any time they are in a position to help themselves out in terms of running up to the playoffs, they screw themselves and make everything more difficult. Like if they have a shot for HFA (as a hypothetical example) as long as they beat average team X.....they'll lose. Or if they have a chance to win the division by winning their final two games, the'll lose one. Or, OK, Raiders lost their final game, all we have to do is win against the DeVry Fightin' Tigers and we lock up HFA.......we'd lose.

I expect no less this year.

Until they quit doing this we'll have every reason to expect it...

RunKC 12-02-2016 10:41 AM

Not if the offense keeps playing shitty. The end of the game in Denver was what we want to see from the offense.

The last time the Chiefs played good offense with Alex (before the Denver game) was October 23rd vs New Orleans.

That has to change

Rausch 12-02-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

No way in hell.

I want the no 1 seed or the no 3.

I want no part of a healthy Pitt...

Rausch 12-02-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12591043)
Not if the offense keeps playing shitty. The end of the game in Denver was what we want to see from the offense.

The last time the Chiefs played good offense with Alex (before the Denver game) was October 23rd vs New Orleans.

That has to change

That's the worst defense in the league and he only looked respectable that game...

TimBone 12-02-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12591008)

4 games are different, accounting for the AFC West teams themselves.

TimBone 12-02-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12590879)
I voted no but this thinks we have a good chance.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=16

The problem with those things is that they don't account for the 'because Chiefs' factor.

Eleazar 12-02-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12591047)
No way in hell.

I want the no 1 seed or the no 3.

I want no part of a healthy Pitt...

One clue that your team might be a pretender vs a contender is that we pretty much all concede that we'd have no chance to win in the postseason on the road against the teams that are likely to be the 1 and 2 seeds.

Our most realistic Super Bowl scenario would involve securing the 2 seed and then beating NE on the road. That isn't going to happen.

Reid vs Belichick? Alex Smith vs Tom Brady? How many times out of 10 do you win those two matchups?

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12590972)
Everyone keeps saying you need 12 wins to win the division, I'm not so sure on that...

If the Chiefs beat Oakland next week, Oakland has to go 3-1 or better with games vs. BUF, @ SD, vs. IND, @ DEN to get to 12 wins. I don't see them winning but 2 of those 4.

Oakland is a funny team, 2-2 should be expected, but they could run the table... I don't see them doing that though, but 3 of 4 shouldn't be surprising.

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12591050)
4 games are different, accounting for the AFC West teams themselves.

On the full season, 2 games are different...
KC:
Jets (3-8 now) KC won
@ Steelers (6-5 now) KC lost

DEN:
@ Bengals (3-7-1 now) DEN won
Patriots (9-2 now) DEN plays in 3 weeks

YTD...
KC has played the Jags (Den hasn't yet), Den played the Falcons (KC hasn't yet).

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 10:59 AM

Remaining SOS has Denver ranked 4th, Chiefs 6th and Raiders 10th.

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Str...edule-Rankings

TimBone 12-02-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12591068)
On the full season, 2 games are different...
KC:
Jets (3-8 now) KC won
@ Steelers (6-5 now) KC lost

DEN:
@ Bengals (3-7-1 now) DEN won
Patriots (9-2 now) DEN plays in 3 weeks

YTD...
KC has played the Jags (Den hasn't yet), Den played the Falcons (KC hasn't yet).

Yes, but if we're averaging SOS for each AFC West team, you have to account for the teams themselves.

For example, the Chiefs have to play the Raiders twice. The Raiders don't have to play the Raiders twice. Instead, they're schedule has the Chiefs on it twice. That affects the overall SOS average.

Simply Red 12-02-2016 10:59 AM

I voted no - but it's not impossible. I just wouldn't call the chance 'good' yet.

suzzer99 12-02-2016 11:02 AM

If they get and stay healthy? Absolutely.

suzzer99 12-02-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 12590870)
I don't think Andy Reid vs Bill Belichick will ever typically be a good matchup for the Chiefs which will pose a problem as long as the Patriots are still in the AFC. I know the Chiefs had the big blowout on MNF but I think that game was the big anomaly. Andy can't out adjust the Patriots like he does with a lot of other teams.

That said if the Patriots fall before that happens, I think the Chiefs have a really good chance of getting to the SB. If the Cowboys from last night are the best team in the NFC, then I don't think the Chiefs would have much of a problem with them either.

Yep, Reid vs. Belichick is like giving up 4 points. Our players just need to overcome that. Being home would help.

Rausch 12-02-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smasher (Post 12591057)
Reid vs Belichick? Alex Smith vs Tom Brady? How many times out of 10 do you win those two matchups?

I think that's the most realistic.

We will not beat Pitt. That's the one team perfectly built to crush us.

Their one weakness on D is an absolute shit secondary and we don't throw deep. On top of that their front 7 is solid (exposed in recent weeks but still solid) vs. the run.

Mile High Mania 12-02-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12591072)
Yes, but if we're averaging SOS for each AFC West team, you have to account for the teams themselves.

For example, the Chiefs have to play the Raiders twice. The Raiders don't have to play the Raiders twice. Instead, they're schedule has the Chiefs on it twice. That affects the overall SOS average.

Weird. Why don't you just look at YTD SOS.... it's not like Denver isn't playing the Raiders twice.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 12-02-2016 11:05 AM

I really believe that part of Clark's deal with Goodell last year when we gave up a home game to play in London was a chance to play in a Superbowl. Getting that call in Denver to force overtime confirms it. This is our best chance to get another Lombardi trophy.