ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football PreSeason Power Rankings - NFL dot com (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301399)

Baby Lee 08-10-2016 06:23 AM

PreSeason Power Rankings - NFL dot com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...1st10_20160810

Poor Chargers

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 06:47 AM

I saw this list yesterday. Donks at 4 with no quarterback. Yeah right! Who actually believes that?

Mile High Mania 08-10-2016 06:51 AM

Yeah, ranked as the top AFC team is a bit strong, but it sets the writers up well for the doom and gloom articles they can write later, should things get ugly early. I doubt that many really put Denver up that high at this point.

I'd go top 4-6 in the conference at this point and see what happens.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-10-2016 07:26 AM

Donkey 4
Chiefs 9
Raiders 10
Chargers 29

chinaski 08-10-2016 07:38 AM

Why do they even put shit like this out? It's stupid.

Somebody in the comments section said that the Chiefs and Dallas should be at #31 and #32 while the Rams should be in the top 3.

LA fair weather fans for you, clueless as EVER. You should hear local Sports Media in SOCAL playing up the Rams...making it sound like they are going to the Superbowl or something. Fuggin Absurd.

Red Dawg 08-10-2016 07:39 AM

3 of 4 in the top ten. This season is going to be nasty tough.

Red Dawg 08-10-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12360445)
I saw this list yesterday. Donks at 4 with no quarterback. Yeah right! Who actually believes that?

It's a stretch but most of their defense is returning and they had no offense last year. Buttfumble is actually an improvement over Manning the choker.

Buckweath 08-10-2016 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12360488)
It's a stretch but most of their defense is returning and they had no offense last year. Buttfumble is actually an improvement over Manning the choker.

Man...if the Broncos finish above the Chiefs, I'll lose it.

Last year, I thought in both Broncos-Chiefs game, the Chiefs looked like the better team.

The Broncos had their glorious time with Manning but I can't even imagine they will keep beating the Chiefs in the AFC West race.

For one, I expect the Chiefs offense to be clearly better than the Broncos'.

As for the defense, it's all about how Nelson, Gaines and Ford progress because I must say that Denver is load as far as passrushers and defensive backs. I still think the Chiefs could have a better defense this year.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 08:13 AM

Saw this yesterday. The last line was interesting.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...703cbee1bb.png

Baby Lee 08-10-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 12360486)
Why do they even put shit like this out? It's stupid.

Somebody in the comments section said that the Chiefs and Dallas should be at #31 and #32 while the Rams should be in the top 3.

LA fair weather fans for you, clueless as EVER. You should hear local Sports Media in SOCAL playing up the Rams...making it sound like they are going to the Superbowl or something. Fuggin Absurd.

They do have Hard Knocks.

Mother****erJones 08-10-2016 08:21 AM

JC HOF baby! Not really but fun to have the debate since he's my favorite

BlackOp 08-10-2016 08:29 AM

The top 5 teams in the ACF all have questions starting the season.....Brady suspended/Ninkovich hurt, Steelers have two suspensions, Chiefs are missing Houston/lost Smith/Charles/Hali, Bengals lost Hue Jackson/two Wrs and Burfict suspension. Broncos lost 2 QBs/2 defenders/O-line/Talib/Ware...Sanchez.

Out of those 5...Chiefs signed the best FA (Schwartz) this off-season.

The Raiders are hype at this point...but signed a couple of good players. If the Chargers stay healthy, they will be better...Rivers was good under his old OC... who is back.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12360537)

Agreed. He'd need a couple legendary seasons and probably a few postseason wins to even have an outside shot.

But it is fun to discuss. As far as talent goes, I think he deserves it.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 08:49 AM

If Carr takes the next step look out for the Faid

Halfcan 08-10-2016 08:53 AM

JC always reminds me of this guy.

Gale Sayers
American Football Player
Gale Eugene Sayers, nicknamed "The Kansas Comet", is a former professional American football player who was a running back in the National Football League for seven seasons for the Chicago Bears. He played college football for the University of Kansas and was twice recognized as an All-American.

Sayers only played 7 seasons and made the HOF. I think JC has had a better career.

If he plays three more years at his usual awesome self-it would be hard to keep him out.

Red Dawg 08-10-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12360537)

He probably won't make it but in my own life he is one of the best I have ever seen hands down. Injuries have killed his stats for the hall though. He would have had 10K rushing by now and be pushing for 100 td's.

hoops886 08-10-2016 09:21 AM

Jeez Broncos being 4 makes no sense to me. I could see rating the Broncos 8 so the top three AFC West teams are all right there. But I'd be shocked if Denver finishes higher than third in the division.

threebag 08-10-2016 09:39 AM

Broncos at 4... But they get no chump help from NFL... Wait for the flags to fly in those non-QB Donk games. Just like last year they will win.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 09:40 AM

Cheap pile high advantage

threebag 08-10-2016 09:45 AM

Knhomo and the trolls just can't see it. LMAO

BleedingRed 08-10-2016 09:51 AM

WilliamtheIrish should be perma banned from our site, like IP banned

Rain Man 08-10-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12360650)
Broncos at 4... But they get no chump help from NFL... Wait for the flags to fly in those non-QB Donk games. Just like last year they will win.

The only good thing about last year is that the NFL won't give the Broncos two Super Bowls in a row, particularly without Manning. If you're taking odds, they have zero chance to be given the trophy.

This year could actually be relatively open. I think they'll wait until Brady announces his retirement to give him his last one, and there's no huge hurry on Carolina since Newton is young and they're a small market.

I really can't think of a compelling marketing story this year for the Super Bowl, which is nice. Is there some league star announcing a retirement this year? How are Jerry Jones' merchandise sales doing? Perhaps the biggest risk this year is that the league will want to give Los Angeles a Super Bowl to jump start the fan base.

threebag 08-10-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12360673)
The only good thing about last year is that the NFL won't give the Broncos two Super Bowls in a row, particularly without Manning. If you're taking odds, they have zero chance to be given the trophy.

This year could actually be relatively open. I think they'll wait until Brady announces his retirement to give him his last one, and there's no huge hurry on Carolina since Newton is young and they're a small market.

I really can't think of a compelling marketing story this year for the Super Bowl, which is nice. Is there some league star announcing a retirement this year? How are Jerry Jones' merchandise sales doing? Perhaps the biggest risk this year is that the league will want to give Los Angeles a Super Bowl to jump start the fan base.

Maybe Big Ben and the Steelers because they have to leave the year Brady retires for the Pats for sure. Big Ben can't stay healthy his clock is ticking too

Rain Man 08-10-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12360683)
Maybe Big Ben and the Steelers because they have to leave the year Brady retires for the Pats for sure. Big Ben can't stay healthy his clock is ticking too

I pondered them, but that might call attention to all of the suspensions they've had. I think the league will want to keep them on the lowdown this year.

Maybe they would want a redemption story for the Bengals? But...small market, unmarketable players. Probably not.
Maybe a rise of the Raiders again, since they were big a generation ago and produced a lot of visibility for the league. But there's no compelling hurry on that since Carr is young.
Adrian Peterson could be the story for the Vikings, but the league doesn't want to promote running backs.
I see no compelling reason to give the Packers another one right now.
Maybe Brees could get one if this is approaching his last year with the Saints. What's his contract situation?

I think the clear biggest risk is the Rams' return to Los Angeles. That's a big deal and the league wants them to succeed. But they'd have to get a lot of help from the league this year to win a Super Bowl, and it may not be realistic.

threebag 08-10-2016 10:11 AM

Yeah I thought about the Saints with Brees also. Figure he will get his when he goes to his new team (Donks).

KChiefs1 08-10-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 12360515)
Man...if the Broncos finish above the Chiefs, I'll lose it.

Last year, I thought in both Broncos-Chiefs game, the Chiefs looked like the better team.

The Chiefs were the better team but the better team doesn't always win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12360714)
The Chiefs were the better team but the better team doesn't always win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For whatever reason, we're just a bad matchup for the Broncos.

BleedingRed 08-10-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360715)
For whatever reason, we're just a bad matchup for the Broncos.

Their amazing defense had Alex moving that offense pretty well

CaliforniaChief 08-10-2016 10:25 AM

I treat these power rankings like pre-season AYSO predictions.

Even during the season, they're all crap.

NWTF 08-10-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12360697)
I pondered them, but that might call attention to all of the suspensions they've had. I think the league will want to keep them on the lowdown this year.

Maybe they would want a redemption story for the Bengals? But...small market, unmarketable players. Probably not.
Maybe a rise of the Raiders again, since they were big a generation ago and produced a lot of visibility for the league. But there's no compelling hurry on that since Carr is young.
Adrian Peterson could be the story for the Vikings, but the league doesn't want to promote running backs.
I see no compelling reason to give the Packers another one right now.
Maybe Brees could get one if this is approaching his last year with the Saints. What's his contract situation?

I think the clear biggest risk is the Rams' return to Los Angeles. That's a big deal and the league wants them to succeed. But they'd have to get a lot of help from the league this year to win a Super Bowl, and it may not be realistic.

Not realistic this year but I suppose it wont be shocking to see them above .500 even though they dont seem like that good a team to me. Your right though, the league didnt just go through that whole relocating fiasco just to have the Rams fall on their face in LA.

BlackOp 08-10-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360715)
For whatever reason, we were just a bad matchup for Mainning.

Fixed...

NFL wants Luck in a SB badly...but that defense might be bad enough that no amount of "officiating" will help them.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360774)
Fixed...

NFL wants Luck in a SB badly...but that defense might be bad enough that no amount of "officiating" will help them.

Our offense seems to do pretty well against their defense as well.

Jamaal had a field day against them at Arrowhead last year and West had a good day in Denver.

We score more points on them than most teams.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 10:50 AM

27 PPG Virus

BlackOp 08-10-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360786)

Jamaal had a field day against them at Arrowhead last year and West had a good day in Denver.

I was speaking in context of the past few seasons...Manning was responsible for Denver owning the division. It was him and him alone...when he started to show cracks, KC beat them up.

That's over now...teams have had an entire off-season to analyze how Wade's scheme was being implemented with Fox's personnel.

Rain Man 08-10-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360774)
Fixed...

Well, that's a good point. I forgot about Luck after last season. Hopefully the NFL did, too.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 11:09 AM

I decided to check out a few other power rankings. I only found current ones for bleacher report and yahoo sports. They both had KC ranked exactly the same as NFL.com at number 9. They did a little more realistic ranking for the Donks though. Yahoo had them at 8 and Bleacher report said 7. Given their defense, and their fixed Superfarce win, I can see a high ranking, but I just don't see how they rank higher than KC. Our defense, with Houston is just as good, maybe a shade better. Without him, it's still close. Our offense is better all around. Better QB, better line, better RB's, Better TE's, and without Manning feeding them the ball, I don't see the wide receivers being a lot better either. But power rankings mean nothing. The Chiefs will just prove it on the field.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 11:13 AM

Even knowno knows that ranking is a farce

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 11:18 AM

LOL. I doubt that. I'm surprised that he isn't in here complaining that they should be number 1.

MMXcalibur 08-10-2016 11:19 AM

Broncos at #4? For **** sakes....

(and yes, I know...."preseason" "power rankings".)

vailpass 08-10-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12360838)
I decided to check out a few other power rankings. I only found current ones for bleacher report and yahoo sports. They both had KC ranked exactly the same as NFL.com at number 9. They did a little more realistic ranking for the Donks though. Yahoo had them at 8 and Bleacher report said 7. Given their defense, and their fixed Superfarce win, I can see a high ranking, but I just don't see how they rank higher than KC. Our defense, with Houston is just as good, maybe a shade better. Without him, it's still close. Our offense is better all around. Better QB, better line, better RB's, Better TE's, and without Manning feeding them the ball, I don't see the wide receivers being a lot better either. But power rankings mean nothing. The Chiefs will just prove it on the field.

Hah. No.

BlackOp 08-10-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 12360857)
Broncos at #4? For **** sakes....

(and yes, I know...."preseason" "power rankings".)

Nobody that saw a Sanchez led team @#4 took that list serious. It's just preseason clickbait...

threebag 08-10-2016 11:39 AM

Seems to be clickbait that would cripple credibility.

Gonzo 08-10-2016 11:40 AM

Meh, I'd go as follows:

1. Panthers
2. Cards
3. Pats, (with Brady)
4. Packers
5. Hawks
6. Steelers (but that's suspect)
7. Chiefs
8. Vikes
9. Raiders (Suspect as well)
10. Bengals (prepare for self destruction)
11. Donks
12. Texans
13. Bills
14. Skins
15. Jags (playoff year for them?)
16. Colts (meh)
17. Jets
18. Giants
19. Bucs
20. Ravens
21. Phins
22. Cowboys
23. Falcons
24. Chargers (Never count Rivers out)
25. Eagles
26. Rams
27. Saints (what happened?)
28. Bears
29. Lions
30. Titans
31. Browns (they may surprise)
32. 49ers

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 11:41 AM

Way too many losses on defense and even though he struggled the little things Manning brings to an offense, team are dead and gone. That offense looks like a disaster at camp. They are in for a rude awakening.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12360870)
Hah. No.

How can you even argue that the KC defense is not just as good as Denver? KC and Denver were the top 2 defenses last year and our only real loss was Sean Smith, but I'm confident in our young CB's to step up. As for the wide receivers, Thomas and Sanders are good receivers, but they have Buttfumble feeding them the ball instead of Manning this year. If you don't see their production dropping drastically, then you are in denial.

BlackOp 08-10-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12360870)
Hah. No.

Without Ware...Miller disappears a lot. I'd say when healthy, they are a wash. Miller was playing for a contract in the SB...much like Houston was when he had 22 sacks.

I dont think anyone would argue that Hali is better than Ware...at least he was. Lining Houston opposite of a healthy Ware would be a nightmare.

If Wares back issues remain...Miller's production is going to dip. He's kind of emo too...so Houston has that advantage over him.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 08-10-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360913)
Without Ware...Miller disappears a lot. I'd say when healthy, they are a wash. Miller was playing for a contract in the SB...much like Houston was when he had 22 sacks.

I dont think anyone would argue that Hali is better than Ware...at least he was. Lining Houston opposite of a healthy Ware would be a nightmare.

If Wares back issues remain...Miller's production is going to dip.

What parallel dimension is this where the Raiders are getting props for something?

Gonzo 08-10-2016 11:52 AM

Denver will be an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year...

****ing Oakland scares me more than them. They will either be lights-out awesome or a complete shit show.

It's a shame Al Davis isn't around to **** it up.

BlackOp 08-10-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12360929)
What parallel dimension is this where the Raiders are getting props for something?

Maybe the same one where you found anything pertaining to the Raiders in my post?

BlackOp 08-10-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12360896)
Meh, I'd go as follows:

1. Panthers
2. Cards
3. Pats, (with Brady)
4. Packers
5. Hawks
6. Steelers (but that's suspect)
7. Chiefs
8. Vikes
9. Raiders (Suspect as well)
10. Bengals (prepare for self destruction)
11. Donks
12. Texans
13. Bills
14. Skins
15. Jags (playoff year for them?)
16. Colts (meh)
17. Jets
18. Giants
19. Bucs
20. Ravens
21. Phins
22. Cowboys
23. Falcons
24. Chargers (Never count Rivers out)
25. Eagles
26. Rams
27. Saints (what happened?)
28. Bears
29. Lions
30. Titans
31. Browns (they may surprise)
32. 49ers

That's pretty good....maybe flip the Jets (Forte)/Bills...Colts to #14. I have Pats, Chiefs and Steelers and the top 3 AFC teams. Steelers lost some offensive ammo with suspensions...I like the Cards/Hawks as NFC Champs.

It'll come down to December health...

O.city 08-10-2016 12:14 PM

Denver's d will still be good. The Texans will be pretty good if osweiler is ok.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 08-10-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12360937)
Denver will be an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year...

****ing Oakland scares me more than them. They will either be lights-out awesome or a complete shit show.

It's a shame Al Davis isn't around to **** it up.

I don't think they'll be a disaster. They were 7-9 last year. I believe 5 of those games they lost by a touchdown or less. They've made some major upgrades on the defense and Osemele to bolster the O line. I'm not saying Super Bowl, but I can't see why they would be worse. I don't think at least 9 wins is unreasonable (of course, barring catastrophic injuries).

Jiu Jitsu Jon 08-10-2016 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360941)
Maybe the same one where you found anything pertaining to the Raiders in my post?

I quoted the wrong guy, I meant to quote Gonzo. My bad. I owe you a Coke.

Can we still be pals?

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 12361116)
I quoted the wrong guy, I meant to quote Gonzo. My bad. I owe you a Coke.

Can we still be pals?

LOL. That makes sense. You had me confused too.

And Gonzo, quit giving credit to the Raiders. We can't be encouraging the Raider fans around here. They will become completely unbearable.

Hoopsdoc 08-10-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360955)
That's pretty good....maybe flip the Jets (Forte)/Bills...Colts to #14. I have Pats, Chiefs and Steelers and the top 3 AFC teams. Steelers lost some offensive ammo with suspensions...I like the Cards/Hawks as NFC Champs.

It'll come down to December health...

I'd put the Colts somewhere in the same spot, 10-14 range.

I also think the Seahawks should be top 5.

Mile High Mania 08-10-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12360786)

In the KC win, 25% of the yardage for the whole game gained was on the single 80 yard TD. The bulk of it was a death by Kicker. In the KC loss, Charles had 125 yards, a TD and the big fumble to lose it at the end. Not sure that's a field day.

Overall, KC did play well in both games vs Denver and the teams that lost the turnover battle lost the games, both in their own house.

In the loss in KC -
KC offense scored 17 points
0-7 on 3rd down
10 out of 13 drives ended in a turnover, punt or end of half

In the KC win -
KC offense had 5 FGs and two TDs
4-16 on 3rd down
7 of 14 drives ended in a turnover, punt or end of half

That's a total of 4 for 23 on 3rd downs and 17 of 27 drives ending in failure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12360797)
27 PPG Virus

See above, again ... KC could have won both games, I've never denied that, but they played horribly @ KC and ultimately made a dumb call to close that one out. They dominated Peyton in the win, and had a great day from their kicker, but it was no offensive masterpiece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12360802)
I was speaking in context of the past few seasons...Manning was responsible for Denver owning the division. It was him and him alone...when he started to show cracks, KC beat them up.

That's over now...teams have had an entire off-season to analyze how Wade's scheme was being implemented with Fox's personnel.

Yep, they beat up Peyton and that had to feel good. That defense still limited KC's offense. Yes, they kicked a whole lot of points and got a nice 80 yard TD by West in the 2nd game. But, let's not act like the Broncos defense went to sleep vs KC, because they did not.

This is going to be a fun season. I don't know which QB will be walking upright for Denver by the time our teams play each other, but it's not going to be safe around here if KC loses a game to Denver this season.

vailpass 08-10-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12360912)
How can you even argue that the KC defense is not just as good as Denver? KC and Denver were the top 2 defenses last year and our only real loss was Sean Smith, but I'm confident in our young CB's to step up. As for the wide receivers, Thomas and Sanders are good receivers, but they have Buttfumble feeding them the ball instead of Manning this year. If you don't see their production dropping drastically, then you are in denial.

Denver's d-backfield is >>>>>KC.
No need to go any further there though we can if you want.

Oh, I see what you meant. My bad. I thought you were saying WR talent level was equal but you were saying lack of QB will hurt their performance.
That is possible though only the season will tell.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12361235)
In the KC win, 25% of the yardage for the whole game gained was on the single 80 yard TD. The bulk of it was a death by Kicker. In the KC loss, Charles had 125 yards, a TD and the big fumble to lose it at the end. Not sure that's a field day.

Overall, KC did play well in both games vs Denver and the teams that lost the turnover battle lost the games, both in their own house.

In the loss in KC -
KC offense scored 17 points
0-7 on 3rd down
10 out of 13 drives ended in a turnover, punt or end of half

In the KC win -
KC offense had 5 FGs and two TDs
4-16 on 3rd down
7 of 14 drives ended in a turnover, punt or end of half

That's a total of 4 for 23 on 3rd downs and 17 of 27 drives ending in failure.

17 points scored on a night in which they turned the ball over 5 times. That's pretty good.

29 points in Denver. That's pretty good.

That 80 yard play still counted and Jamaal was running all over your defense.

Mile High Mania 08-10-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12361261)
17 points scored on a night in which they turned the ball over 5 times. That's pretty good.

29 points in Denver. That's pretty good.

That 80 yard play still counted and Jamaal was running all over your defense.

Sure, scoring 17 points on 3 out of 13 drives is solid.

29 on the road is great. And, yes - that play counts.

My point was focused more on the comment about how well KC plays against Denver. I don't think there was a lot of consistency from either team, both had issues with turnovers in the losses and both made a few big plays. Other than that, nothing special.

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12361292)
Sure, scoring 17 points on 3 out of 13 drives is solid.

29 on the road is great. And, yes - that play counts.

My point was focused more on the comment about how well KC plays against Denver. I don't think there was a lot of consistency from either team, both had issues with turnovers in the losses and both made a few big plays. Other than that, nothing special.

Going from memory, your team allowed something like 19 PPG last season (probably a bit less once you factor in defensive TDs scored against you). We scored 17 on you in a contest in which we turned the ball over 5 times and 29 in another contest.

In 2 games we averaged 24 PPG against your defense. That's pretty good.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12361237)
Denver's d-backfield is >>>>>KC.
No need to go any further there though we can if you want.

Oh, I see what you meant. My bad. I thought you were saying WR talent level was equal but you were saying lack of QB will hurt their performance.
That is possible though only the season will tell.

I can see how you think that the KC backfield is so inferior due to lack if experience. But these young guys are talented. I think that the gap will be minimal at best. Certainly >>>>> different.

vailpass 08-10-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12361345)
I can see how you think that the KC backfield is so inferior due to lack if experience. But these young guys are talented. I think that the gap will be minimal at best. Certainly >>>>> different.

Understood. You know your young guys better than I do and vice versa. As always we won't know anything until the real games start but it's good to be talking football again.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 04:09 PM

Typical Mule Tool. The Chiefs had no problem with that defense last year...comparatively speaking to what others did. A Jamaal fumble at the one away from an easy clean sweep.

mcaj22 08-10-2016 04:15 PM

Bengals won't self destruct, still one of the best teams in the trenches in the entire league

vailpass 08-10-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12361372)
Typical Mule Tool. The Chiefs had no problem with that defense last year...comparatively speaking to what others did. A Jamaal fumble at the one away from an easy clean sweep.

Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks. You know I'll always heart you no matter how you treat me.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12361392)
Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks. You know I'll always heart you no matter how you treat me.

I wasa Cam pants shitting away from breaking you all :)

ThaVirus 08-10-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12361381)
Bengals won't self destruct, still one of the best teams in the trenches in the entire league

Agreed.

A lot of wishful thinking in that post.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12361366)
Understood. You know your young guys better than I do and vice versa. As always we won't know anything until the real games start but it's good to be talking football again.

That it is! Next week will be even better when we can discuss how they played over the weekend.

Gadzooks 08-10-2016 04:42 PM

If healthy, the Chargers will easily win the AFC West title this season.

jjchieffan 08-10-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12361419)

Dang you Gadzooks! I was taking a drink when I read that and shot water out mt nose from laughing.

Gadzooks 08-10-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12361434)
Dang you Gadzooks! I was taking a drink when I read that and shot water out mt nose from laughing.

It's true though.

BlackOp 08-10-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12361235)
Yep, they beat up Peyton and that had to feel good. That defense still limited KC's offense. Yes, they kicked a whole lot of points and got a nice 80 yard TD by West in the 2nd game. But, let's not act like the Broncos defense went to sleep vs KC, because they did not.

This is going to be a fun season. I don't know which QB will be walking upright for Denver by the time our teams play each other, but it's not going to be safe around here if KC loses a game to Denver this season.

KC put up the #1 and #3 highest point totals against them...It's safe to say they have their number, comparatively.

I think Denver will be hovering around .500 by the time KC rolls around. They drew a ruff start to open...with a new, turnover prone QB. Teams are going to play them hard...and there will be a lot of media/fan pressure. If they start 0-3...might result in a bit of locker-room noise. They are used to winning....who are the offensive leaders?

BlackOp 08-10-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12361419)

Ha..easily? I think they will be a lot better. Especially in the AFCW games. KC has too much depth...and congruencey within the system. Overcoming 1-5 to roll off 11 straight will carry over this season....

It will be fun watching them beat up on the Donkos/Raiders though...

It's a strange phenomenon...even when the Chargers were good, I never had the animosity I held for the Donkos/Oakland.

Easy 6 08-10-2016 06:02 PM

These popularity contest rankings dont even bother me like they used to, its come to be expected

I can still look around at the all of the major outlets and be absolutely shocked when I see them talking/touting Chiefs football, its such a rarity... in the past I bitched without having much of a good reason, they didnt cover us because we SUCKED, but these days we have...

A popular, respected HC in Reid

A popular, respected GM in Dorsey

3 straight winning seasons to point to

A playoff win last year

DROY Peters

Poe

DJ

Berry

Kelce

Charles

Maclin

Yet nothing changes, always underrated by everyone... "they" talk more about the Jaguars

What IS it that puts the national sports media to sleep when it comes to KC? The flyover country excuse doesnt cut it anymore

Meatloaf 08-10-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12361500)
These popularity contest rankings dont even bother me like they used to, its come to be expected

I can still look around at the all of the major outlets and be absolutely shocked when I see them talking/touting Chiefs football, its such a rarity... in the past I bitched without having much of a good reason, they didnt cover us because we SUCKED, but these days we have...

A popular, respected HC in Reid

A popular, respected GM in Dorsey

3 straight winning seasons to point to

A playoff win last year

DROY Peters

Poe

DJ

Berry

Kelce

Charles

Maclin

Yet nothing changes, always underrated by everyone... "they" talk more about the Jaguars

What IS it that puts the national sports media to sleep when it comes to KC? The flyover country excuse doesnt cut it anymore

I think it's the fact that this is a VERY conservative organization. Newspeople like to see folks take risks as it creates discussion (and readership). All in all, the Chiefs are a solid, if not kinda boring, organization. The Clarks don't take many risks.

LoneWolf 08-10-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12361440)
It's true though.

If San Diego wins the AFC West this season, Billay will suck Dane's cock.

ClevelandBronco 08-10-2016 06:29 PM

I don't pay much attention to preseason power rankings or even to week by week rankings in the regular season. All you gotta know is the Broncos are number one until someone knocks them off the Super Bowl stage some time in 2017.

Easy 6 08-10-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12361506)
I think it's the fact that this is a VERY conservative organization. Newspeople like to see folks take risks as it creates discussion (and readership). All in all, the Chiefs are a solid, if not kinda boring, organization. The Clarks don't take many risks.

I honestly dont see it that way, at least not since Dorsey/Reid took over

Dorsey is constantly rolling the dice on "scrap heap" players, culminating with Tyreek Hill... and he almost always comes out smelling like a rose on those deals

On a game to game basis, yeah sure, up to now the offense has been somewhat pedestrian... they usually get it done, but it isnt always pretty, and in large part thats simply due to the kind of QB Smith is

But then you look at the defense, guys like Houston, Hali, Berry, Poe, Peters etc... all very well known names in league/reporter circles, that side of the ball has plenty of flash and sizzle, the kind of star power that is easy to cover and recognize as great

Yet in the medias eyes, we're still the bridesmaid... the Jaguars and shitty ass Rams among others are the far more interesting teams to talk about and hype up it seems

I'll get off my soapbox now, I can sense forces aligning against me here... lol

Mile High Mania 08-10-2016 06:37 PM

This is fun stuff! Virus, I read your earlier comment as KC performing awesome, but I'll agree with pretty good. They did score pretty well, no doubt. But you can't deny the 3rd down conversions and high number of failed drives.

Simply Red 08-10-2016 06:45 PM

We will be number one by week 6 or so. There's no reason we can't improve on last year, once they feel our big red collective cock.